Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | anyone seen bohemian rhapsody?
1 2
Queen is my favorite band of all time, and I was admittedly wary. But still, as a lifelong Queen fan, I enjoyed it. I was pleasantly surprised.

I mean, though it was a popcorn film, it was still great, and hearing my favorite songs in the theater was amazing. I mean sure, it wasn't just the timeline that was wrong: some very major things were completely fabricated or factually inaccurate, but I didn't go to see a documentary. I went to see a film. And it delivered.

I'm glad that the "I'm in Love with My Car" bit made it in in some fashion. It was also nice to see the bit about "I Want to Break Free," too.

And I loved the meta casting gag.

The play over of 'Who Wants to Live Forever?' before the Live Aid performance had me crying. And then I stayed for all the credits and cried again over "The Show Must Go On," which is still my absolute favorite song of all time.

Definitely getting it when it comes out.

Rami Malek and Joseph Mazzello made the movie for me. Both of them, spot on.
Queen is my favorite band of all time, and I was admittedly wary. But still, as a lifelong Queen fan, I enjoyed it. I was pleasantly surprised.

I mean, though it was a popcorn film, it was still great, and hearing my favorite songs in the theater was amazing. I mean sure, it wasn't just the timeline that was wrong: some very major things were completely fabricated or factually inaccurate, but I didn't go to see a documentary. I went to see a film. And it delivered.

I'm glad that the "I'm in Love with My Car" bit made it in in some fashion. It was also nice to see the bit about "I Want to Break Free," too.

The play over of 'Who Wants to Live Forever?' before the Live Aid performance had me crying. And then I stayed for all the credits and cried again over "The Show Must Go On," which is still my absolute favorite song of all time.

Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
[quote name="kiwis" date="2018-11-22 21:36:33" ] [quote name="Astrophile" date="2018-11-22 20:55:56" ] how many times do you want me to say Galileo [/quote] [font=century]*high pitched scream* [size=7]G A L I L E O [/quote] H I G H E R
kiwis wrote on 2018-11-22 21:36:33:
Astrophile wrote on 2018-11-22 20:55:56:
how many times do you want me to say Galileo
*high pitched scream* G A L I L E O

H I G H E R
TBD
[quote name="retrodetective" date="2018-11-22 23:17:16" ] Queen is my favorite band of all time, and I was admittedly wary. But still, as a lifelong Queen fan, I enjoyed it. I was pleasantly surprised. I mean, though it was a popcorn film, it was still great, and hearing my favorite songs in the theater was amazing. I mean sure, it wasn't just the timeline that was wrong: some very major things were completely fabricated or factually inaccurate, but I didn't go to see a documentary. I went to see a film. And it delivered. I'm glad that the "I'm in Love with My Car" bit made it in in some fashion. It was also nice to see the bit about "I Want to Break Free," too. And I loved the meta casting gag. The play over of 'Who Wants to Live Forever?' before the Live Aid performance had me crying. And then I stayed for all the credits and cried again over "The Show Must Go On," which is still my absolute favorite song of all time. Definitely getting it when it comes out. Rami Malek and Joseph Mazzello made the movie for me. Both of them, spot on. [/quote] [font=century][size=4]ALL OF THIS
retrodetective wrote on 2018-11-22 23:17:16:

ALL OF THIS
divider_by_yesirukey-dbok0z5.pngdivider_by_yesirukey-dbok0z5.png
Yess! I used to listen to Queen before but only a bit and now I cannot stop! <3
Yess! I used to listen to Queen before but only a bit and now I cannot stop! <3
yesterday was the anniversary of freddie's death. i just listened to "who wants to live forever" and probably wouldve started ugly crying had my family not been home
yesterday was the anniversary of freddie's death. i just listened to "who wants to live forever" and probably wouldve started ugly crying had my family not been home
divider_by_yesirukey-dbok0z5.pngdivider_by_yesirukey-dbok0z5.png
It was so good! Going into it I wasn’t expecting to like it as much as I did, I was just going because my friend wanted to go, but it turned out to be so good! Rami Malek really did a great job portraying Freddie. I think the cats needed more screen time though lol.
It was so good! Going into it I wasn’t expecting to like it as much as I did, I was just going because my friend wanted to go, but it turned out to be so good! Rami Malek really did a great job portraying Freddie. I think the cats needed more screen time though lol.
HA_Basic.png
1 2