Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Newfound Apprenticeship [Private 1x1]
1 2
[center][b]This is a pre-planned RP with my best friend @puuker[/b] Please [u]DO NOT[/u] attempt to join if you aren't them. Thank you!! I won't be writing any rules for this RP because me and my pal are already on very mutual RP terms and know our preferences!! If you're just an onlooker, feel free to read our work! <3 ------------------------------- ~My Character~ [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7892009] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/78921/7892009_350.png[/img] [/url] [quote]Nebula is a male Skydancer of Arcane orientation. He resides in the Sunbeam Ruins and plays the role of Archmage in his clan. He is very wary of others and has a hard time trusting most any creature. He is very formal in all manners, often enjoying the usage of complex words and studious dialogue. Underneath his layers of formality however, he is actually quite a bashful thing. He's not aggressive, but when push comes to shove, he definitely knows how to fight and defend himself. He treats others kindly and with respect, but if you are not someone that he likes, he will simply just be indifferent with you.[/quote][/center] ----------------------------------------- The morning sun was blinding in the Sunbeam Ruins, rays of light pooling over the expanse of the ancient landscape, almost as if it was a reminder to every dragon that dwells in the land that the Goddess of light was watching over them. A Skydancer, neither young nor old, awoke as the stars were saying their temporary goodbyes and fading into the golden, fiery colors of the sky. Each day was something new, but mostly that came in the form of decisions for Nebula and by the way things have been so slow around the Citadel lately, there were a lot of extra decisions to make. Was he to study in his chambers today? Or watch over the alchemists and their creations? None of that was sparking any of his particular interests. The iridescent dancer sighed as he pulled his starlight cloak over his upper body, thinking of sorting the ingredients chamber, but he shook the thought. There were more productive things he could be doing than sorting herbs. Nebula was one of the early risers, which he enjoyed. It meant he could slip out of the Citadel without being stopped by anyone to socialize if he left in the early morning to travel. He'd decided it had been a decent amount of time since he'd last studied the structures in the Sundial Terrace, a neighboring county to the Hewn City. The halls were quiet, save for the sounds of larger clanmates snoring behind their doors and the few other early birds preparing themselves for another day as he had done. Upon his exit, he gave an understanding nod to the large female Guardian that protected the front gate before sauntering off in the direction of his destination. The air outside was crisp and incredibly fresh. There were fireflies still lingering about outside, floating lazily with no real ambition and twirling around the shapes of Nebula's wings each time one gets close enough to him. The Skydancer admired them, he thought how nice it must be to spend your days and nights just existing peacefully. He thought about a lot of unimportant things though, like how trees are natural artists when it comes to their bark, how it simply grows into it's swirling patterns and the fact that no two grooves ever looked the same. He smiled to himself about it as he continued along his way. Nebula could have flown from the start, but he had wanted to offer himself a little time to just exist, such as those fireflies. The decision to fly came to him once he decided he was done with walking through the nature on his way to the Terrace. Flying was much quicker anyways and he had many, many things he hoped to accomplish today! With a quick and equally swift downward thrust of his wings, Nebula took off like a freshly triggered bullet. Flying was a Skydancer's specialty and it was especially comforting to Nebula. It reminded him of when nothing mattered and he had nothing to worry about. It reminded him of when he was young and naive and hopeful. It was often sweet and then bitter, but nonetheless, Nebula lived up to the name of his breed as he seemed to dance through the sky. Barely twenty-seven minutes later, what looked like a giant, flying grape came bursting through an especially fluffy cumulus cloud. It seemed like he was going for a nosedive into the Sundial Terrace, but seconds before any other breed would slam into the ground, the Skydancer's body straightened and slowed in an instant until he was at a mere glide. He landed with grace a coordination, giving his rather large and fragile wings a good stretch before shaking the remaining feelings of motion speed from his body. "[i]Now, where to begin?[/i]" he inquired out loud, something he did often as he began padding around the crumbling structures he'd been specifically looking for. --------------------------------- ((OOC:: JUST WANNA SAY I'm sorry that this came out longer than intended and also I'm sorry if im rusty HHNg))
This is a pre-planned RP with my best friend @puuker
Please DO NOT attempt to join if you aren't them.
Thank you!!

I won't be writing any rules for this RP because me and my pal are already on very mutual RP terms and know our preferences!!

If you're just an onlooker, feel free to read our work! <3

~My Character~

7892009_350.png
Quote:
Nebula is a male Skydancer of Arcane orientation. He resides in the Sunbeam Ruins and plays the role of Archmage in his clan. He is very wary of others and has a hard time trusting most any creature. He is very formal in all manners, often enjoying the usage of complex words and studious dialogue. Underneath his layers of formality however, he is actually quite a bashful thing. He's not aggressive, but when push comes to shove, he definitely knows how to fight and defend himself. He treats others kindly and with respect, but if you are not someone that he likes, he will simply just be indifferent with you.

The morning sun was blinding in the Sunbeam Ruins, rays of light pooling over the expanse of the ancient landscape, almost as if it was a reminder to every dragon that dwells in the land that the Goddess of light was watching over them. A Skydancer, neither young nor old, awoke as the stars were saying their temporary goodbyes and fading into the golden, fiery colors of the sky. Each day was something new, but mostly that came in the form of decisions for Nebula and by the way things have been so slow around the Citadel lately, there were a lot of extra decisions to make. Was he to study in his chambers today? Or watch over the alchemists and their creations? None of that was sparking any of his particular interests. The iridescent dancer sighed as he pulled his starlight cloak over his upper body, thinking of sorting the ingredients chamber, but he shook the thought. There were more productive things he could be doing than sorting herbs.

Nebula was one of the early risers, which he enjoyed. It meant he could slip out of the Citadel without being stopped by anyone to socialize if he left in the early morning to travel. He'd decided it had been a decent amount of time since he'd last studied the structures in the Sundial Terrace, a neighboring county to the Hewn City. The halls were quiet, save for the sounds of larger clanmates snoring behind their doors and the few other early birds preparing themselves for another day as he had done. Upon his exit, he gave an understanding nod to the large female Guardian that protected the front gate before sauntering off in the direction of his destination.

The air outside was crisp and incredibly fresh. There were fireflies still lingering about outside, floating lazily with no real ambition and twirling around the shapes of Nebula's wings each time one gets close enough to him. The Skydancer admired them, he thought how nice it must be to spend your days and nights just existing peacefully. He thought about a lot of unimportant things though, like how trees are natural artists when it comes to their bark, how it simply grows into it's swirling patterns and the fact that no two grooves ever looked the same. He smiled to himself about it as he continued along his way.

Nebula could have flown from the start, but he had wanted to offer himself a little time to just exist, such as those fireflies. The decision to fly came to him once he decided he was done with walking through the nature on his way to the Terrace. Flying was much quicker anyways and he had many, many things he hoped to accomplish today! With a quick and equally swift downward thrust of his wings, Nebula took off like a freshly triggered bullet. Flying was a Skydancer's specialty and it was especially comforting to Nebula. It reminded him of when nothing mattered and he had nothing to worry about. It reminded him of when he was young and naive and hopeful. It was often sweet and then bitter, but nonetheless, Nebula lived up to the name of his breed as he seemed to dance through the sky.

Barely twenty-seven minutes later, what looked like a giant, flying grape came bursting through an especially fluffy cumulus cloud. It seemed like he was going for a nosedive into the Sundial Terrace, but seconds before any other breed would slam into the ground, the Skydancer's body straightened and slowed in an instant until he was at a mere glide. He landed with grace a coordination, giving his rather large and fragile wings a good stretch before shaking the remaining feelings of motion speed from his body. "Now, where to begin?" he inquired out loud, something he did often as he began padding around the crumbling structures he'd been specifically looking for.
((OOC:: JUST WANNA SAY I'm sorry that this came out longer than intended and also I'm sorry if im rusty HHNg))
free_icon___pink_candles_by_xqueen-d84011o.gifnebulalasmoller_by_lemondewdrops-dcrkidt.pngfree_icon___pink_candles_by_xqueen-d84011o.gif
[center][size=5][i]Lotus[/i][/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=430587&tab=dragon&did=46747466][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=3&bodygene=1&breed=4&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=1&tertgene=20&winggene=1&wings=163&auth=15421c3587d20f9c0e0fc93731303865a000f6a8&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url] Lotus is a young Pearlcatcher originally from Cloudscrape Crags, adopted into a small and upcoming clan of Sunbeam Ruins. She's rather timid and a little bit quiet, but her cautious nature allows her to be observant and intuitive. Approaching her only requires tenderness, honestly. [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/598.png[/img] Lotus' familiar, the Sakura Owl, is a mysterious figure that looms protectively over the young dragon.[/center] --------------------------------------------------- [indent]Licks of sunlight stir Lotus awake, reminding her of the new day on the other side of her nest. She's always one of the first ones up, but that was a premeditated routine at this point. She liked getting out of the suffocation of the clan she dens with in favor of stretching her wings alone. The Sakura Owl was never too far behind though, perpetually keeping a watchful eye over her. Once she's just outside of the sights of Nyre's clan, Lotus sprints into the ruins of the giant sundial. It was her favorite place to roam, after all - there were always so many nifty things to do or find at that bizarre place. She preferred the tippy top of the structure, or under the wrecks at the base. One was dangerously open and the other was suspiciously hidden, and in instances likes ones that introduce strangers she's glad to have sniffed her way into the latter. The sound of mighty wings lowering an even mightier beast upon the ground just on the other side of a fallen cement chunk of sundial perks Lotus up reflexively, curiously. Lifting her head from the ground, chewing on the meal moth she'd snuffed out, the young iceling chances a glance. As soon as she peaks around the debris, she's intimidated by the rainbow skydancer before her. Behind him, sitting eerily before the sun atop the sundial's peak, the Sakura Owl gives Lotus a warning gaze. Her small ears flutter downwards and she swallows around a lump in her throat, sitting back behind cover. [/indent] -------------------------------------------- //ooc -- @LemonDewDrops hey!! it's ok i'm so new to this and also your post was beautiful shshh
Lotus
dragon?age=0&body=3&bodygene=1&breed=4&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=1&tertgene=20&winggene=1&wings=163&auth=15421c3587d20f9c0e0fc93731303865a000f6a8&dummyext=prev.png
Lotus is a young Pearlcatcher originally from Cloudscrape Crags, adopted into a small and upcoming clan of Sunbeam Ruins. She's rather timid and a little bit quiet, but her cautious nature allows her to be observant and intuitive. Approaching her only requires tenderness, honestly.

598.png

Lotus' familiar, the Sakura Owl, is a mysterious figure that looms protectively over the young dragon.

Licks of sunlight stir Lotus awake, reminding her of the new day on the other side of her nest. She's always one of the first ones up, but that was a premeditated routine at this point. She liked getting out of the suffocation of the clan she dens with in favor of stretching her wings alone. The Sakura Owl was never too far behind though, perpetually keeping a watchful eye over her.

Once she's just outside of the sights of Nyre's clan, Lotus sprints into the ruins of the giant sundial. It was her favorite place to roam, after all - there were always so many nifty things to do or find at that bizarre place. She preferred the tippy top of the structure, or under the wrecks at the base. One was dangerously open and the other was suspiciously hidden, and in instances likes ones that introduce strangers she's glad to have sniffed her way into the latter.

The sound of mighty wings lowering an even mightier beast upon the ground just on the other side of a fallen cement chunk of sundial perks Lotus up reflexively, curiously. Lifting her head from the ground, chewing on the meal moth she'd snuffed out, the young iceling chances a glance. As soon as she peaks around the debris, she's intimidated by the rainbow skydancer before her. Behind him, sitting eerily before the sun atop the sundial's peak, the Sakura Owl gives Lotus a warning gaze. Her small ears flutter downwards and she swallows around a lump in her throat, sitting back behind cover.

//ooc -- @LemonDewDrops
hey!! it's ok i'm so new to this and also your post was beautiful shshh
LUZk8tY.png
(( @puuker ))
A cooling breeze swept over the area, crumbs of loose cement sweeping lazily to the ground, it made Nebula shake his head a little. This place was falling apart more and more each time he found another chance to visit.

"What a bother..." he remarked under his breath, though he didn't look irritated in the slightest as he tucked his wings down to his body finally, giving them a chance to relax after his flight while he searched for the rune carvings he'd been studying last time. Nebula hadn't yet taken notice of the pink feathered owl sitting atop a high place, perhaps because he couldn't smell him from where he was down on the ground. He did, however, sense a presence, but it did not feel like a bad one so he mostly ignored it. Mostly. He kept his perceptive antennas raised, but everything else about him was relaxed and unaggressive.

The Skydancer seemed to have found what he was looking for after a few more minutes of searching and scanning. He knew it was around here somewhere, but with the shifting decay and frequent change of appearance because of it, it was a little bit tricky to find where he'd left off the last time. Nebula dropped his rump to the ground to sit, pulling a well-used leather journal from a hidden pocket beneath his garbs before expertly flipping through it's yellowed pages.

His studies sucked him in full force once he genuinely got into reading the pages he created himself, only glancing up so that he might accurately and delicately draw the engraved, ancient runes. He was trying to decipher them. This was quite clear as he slowly walked around the weakening structure, examining the runes before he copied them down into his journal.
It wasn't long before he had rounded to the back of the structure, almost not noticing the pale, little hatchling hiding behind chunks of debris. Actually, he didn't notice her at all thanks to her beautifully camouflaging colors and the way he was absolutely sucked into his task, but then the wind blew again. Her scent caught his nostrils suddenly and it caused him to look down with surprise.

"Oh, hello there, little one." He coos gently in an instant. He knew hatchlings were jumpy, especially ones from other clans...or maybe he was the jumpy one, but he did not wish to bring harm to her in the slightest, nor did he wish for the hatchling to cry for her mother if she had one. The large Skydancer simply sat down again, turning his head to the structure and then back to the little iceling. "Are you all alone? I hope I did not startle you. I am only here to study." Nebula's voice is formal yet kind. He had a soft spot for hatchlings after all.
(( @puuker ))
A cooling breeze swept over the area, crumbs of loose cement sweeping lazily to the ground, it made Nebula shake his head a little. This place was falling apart more and more each time he found another chance to visit.

"What a bother..." he remarked under his breath, though he didn't look irritated in the slightest as he tucked his wings down to his body finally, giving them a chance to relax after his flight while he searched for the rune carvings he'd been studying last time. Nebula hadn't yet taken notice of the pink feathered owl sitting atop a high place, perhaps because he couldn't smell him from where he was down on the ground. He did, however, sense a presence, but it did not feel like a bad one so he mostly ignored it. Mostly. He kept his perceptive antennas raised, but everything else about him was relaxed and unaggressive.

The Skydancer seemed to have found what he was looking for after a few more minutes of searching and scanning. He knew it was around here somewhere, but with the shifting decay and frequent change of appearance because of it, it was a little bit tricky to find where he'd left off the last time. Nebula dropped his rump to the ground to sit, pulling a well-used leather journal from a hidden pocket beneath his garbs before expertly flipping through it's yellowed pages.

His studies sucked him in full force once he genuinely got into reading the pages he created himself, only glancing up so that he might accurately and delicately draw the engraved, ancient runes. He was trying to decipher them. This was quite clear as he slowly walked around the weakening structure, examining the runes before he copied them down into his journal.
It wasn't long before he had rounded to the back of the structure, almost not noticing the pale, little hatchling hiding behind chunks of debris. Actually, he didn't notice her at all thanks to her beautifully camouflaging colors and the way he was absolutely sucked into his task, but then the wind blew again. Her scent caught his nostrils suddenly and it caused him to look down with surprise.

"Oh, hello there, little one." He coos gently in an instant. He knew hatchlings were jumpy, especially ones from other clans...or maybe he was the jumpy one, but he did not wish to bring harm to her in the slightest, nor did he wish for the hatchling to cry for her mother if she had one. The large Skydancer simply sat down again, turning his head to the structure and then back to the little iceling. "Are you all alone? I hope I did not startle you. I am only here to study." Nebula's voice is formal yet kind. He had a soft spot for hatchlings after all.
free_icon___pink_candles_by_xqueen-d84011o.gifnebulalasmoller_by_lemondewdrops-dcrkidt.pngfree_icon___pink_candles_by_xqueen-d84011o.gif
Still under the ever watchful eye of the Sakura Owl, Lotus was afraid to do much of anything. She knew the avian guardian would be cross with her if she were to put herself in danger, but she also knew that staying put could leave her to being cornered by the beast's mercy. At the moment, she had no idea of his standpoint or what he was about, or where he was even from. She didn't get a close look at his eyes, couldn't determine his element. Not that elements always coincided with their clan's territory, but it wasn't a bad indication.

Uneasily, Lotus lifts herself to all four paws, setting out to at least get one more peak at the stranger before hopping to unnecessary conclusions. Moving carefully on her hind legs, her arms wrapped tightly around her small satchel that held her pearl for comfort, the hatchling examines the intruder from afar. She takes a moment to observe him, almost immediately feeling a release of tension when she realizes he's simply scribbling in a small, leather-bound book. He seemed indulged, in both himself and his work. She lets out a soft breath, but the glint of the Sakura Owl's eye startles her from behind the rainbow guest.

Nestled once more in her hiding spot, Lotus is unaware of the shift in approach. The next time she gathers the courage to look out again, it's in vain, for it's the strangers turn to examine. He is large, and she didn't even notice him not noticing her until he finally did notice her, which only pitches her anxiety. How long had they been inches apart without the other realizing? How many times had she already been too close to a dragon, inches from possible threat, without realizing?

She's stiff, even after he coos at her. Her large eyes blink slowly, her head tilting as she stretches her neck up, and then recoiling after a short sniff. Her pale eyes dart towards the corner of debris that the view of her Sakura Owl sits just behind, then back to the skydancer. "Um..." After a moment of hesitation, her throat clicking audibly with words she's too afraid to say, she shakes her head feverishly. "N-no, I'm here with my.. guardian." As if on cue, there's a single loud hoot that echoes from overhead. The Sakura Owl continues to watch.

Noticing that the large dragon was lowering his defenses enough to take a moment of leisure on his behind, Lotus relaxes a little too. His voice was sickeningly inviting, and the young hatchling bows her head slightly as her ears perk up, easing into a comfortable position on her own behind. She tilts her head, not sure of what to say. What do you say to a stranger? "What are you studying?"
// @LemonDewDrops
Still under the ever watchful eye of the Sakura Owl, Lotus was afraid to do much of anything. She knew the avian guardian would be cross with her if she were to put herself in danger, but she also knew that staying put could leave her to being cornered by the beast's mercy. At the moment, she had no idea of his standpoint or what he was about, or where he was even from. She didn't get a close look at his eyes, couldn't determine his element. Not that elements always coincided with their clan's territory, but it wasn't a bad indication.

Uneasily, Lotus lifts herself to all four paws, setting out to at least get one more peak at the stranger before hopping to unnecessary conclusions. Moving carefully on her hind legs, her arms wrapped tightly around her small satchel that held her pearl for comfort, the hatchling examines the intruder from afar. She takes a moment to observe him, almost immediately feeling a release of tension when she realizes he's simply scribbling in a small, leather-bound book. He seemed indulged, in both himself and his work. She lets out a soft breath, but the glint of the Sakura Owl's eye startles her from behind the rainbow guest.

Nestled once more in her hiding spot, Lotus is unaware of the shift in approach. The next time she gathers the courage to look out again, it's in vain, for it's the strangers turn to examine. He is large, and she didn't even notice him not noticing her until he finally did notice her, which only pitches her anxiety. How long had they been inches apart without the other realizing? How many times had she already been too close to a dragon, inches from possible threat, without realizing?

She's stiff, even after he coos at her. Her large eyes blink slowly, her head tilting as she stretches her neck up, and then recoiling after a short sniff. Her pale eyes dart towards the corner of debris that the view of her Sakura Owl sits just behind, then back to the skydancer. "Um..." After a moment of hesitation, her throat clicking audibly with words she's too afraid to say, she shakes her head feverishly. "N-no, I'm here with my.. guardian." As if on cue, there's a single loud hoot that echoes from overhead. The Sakura Owl continues to watch.

Noticing that the large dragon was lowering his defenses enough to take a moment of leisure on his behind, Lotus relaxes a little too. His voice was sickeningly inviting, and the young hatchling bows her head slightly as her ears perk up, easing into a comfortable position on her own behind. She tilts her head, not sure of what to say. What do you say to a stranger? "What are you studying?"
// @LemonDewDrops
LUZk8tY.png
(( @puuker ))
Nebula waited for the hatchling's response patiently, keeping his eyes on her only for a moment before his long neck curved back in the direction of the broken-down pillar. He was good at multitasking after all. Though, he tenses at the mention of a guardian...that is, until he hears the loud hoot from above, scanning the high pillars and ruins until he laid eyes on the pretty sakura creature. He was relieved the little one had not meant another dragon.
"Wonderful." He says kindly in response to her not being alone at least, the word rolling off his tongue gently as he carefully traces the shape of a rune that had almost been deteriorated, feeling out the shape before quickly etching it down with his charcoal feather pen.

All was quiet for a few moments, his decorated tail twitching here and there, seemingly in tune with his own thoughts. The small Pearlcatcher's question brings him out of those thoughts momentarily, causing his antennas to twitch, the colorful baubles that hung off the ends of them bouncing upwards slightly. A curious little one - he thought to himself, giving it careful consideration before deciding to tell her. "There is an ancient language here" the formal Skydancer starts, flipping through a couple of pages in his personal journal. "I've been attempting to decipher it, perhaps just simply out of curiosity." Nebula looked upwards for a moment, his deep pink eyes pointed at the top of the singular structure before lowering again.

"Do these things interest you, little one?" the wise Skydancer asked cooly. He was truly hoping for her to say yes, but most hatchlings who showed interest in his work were only ever concerned with 'becoming powerful', or they weren't serious enough about the Arcane arts, some even got bored. They were just children, after all, it was hard to blame them or be mad at them. But he'd been hoping for a young one to come along, one that would take things seriously. One that he could mentor, teach them everything and then some. A warm breath of air escaped him. "If you'd like, I can show you."

The Skydancer, in his mind, knew he would not be disappointed if she'd rather take a nap or move along to a different area. It was understandable, in fact, if she did so.
(( @puuker ))
Nebula waited for the hatchling's response patiently, keeping his eyes on her only for a moment before his long neck curved back in the direction of the broken-down pillar. He was good at multitasking after all. Though, he tenses at the mention of a guardian...that is, until he hears the loud hoot from above, scanning the high pillars and ruins until he laid eyes on the pretty sakura creature. He was relieved the little one had not meant another dragon.
"Wonderful." He says kindly in response to her not being alone at least, the word rolling off his tongue gently as he carefully traces the shape of a rune that had almost been deteriorated, feeling out the shape before quickly etching it down with his charcoal feather pen.

All was quiet for a few moments, his decorated tail twitching here and there, seemingly in tune with his own thoughts. The small Pearlcatcher's question brings him out of those thoughts momentarily, causing his antennas to twitch, the colorful baubles that hung off the ends of them bouncing upwards slightly. A curious little one - he thought to himself, giving it careful consideration before deciding to tell her. "There is an ancient language here" the formal Skydancer starts, flipping through a couple of pages in his personal journal. "I've been attempting to decipher it, perhaps just simply out of curiosity." Nebula looked upwards for a moment, his deep pink eyes pointed at the top of the singular structure before lowering again.

"Do these things interest you, little one?" the wise Skydancer asked cooly. He was truly hoping for her to say yes, but most hatchlings who showed interest in his work were only ever concerned with 'becoming powerful', or they weren't serious enough about the Arcane arts, some even got bored. They were just children, after all, it was hard to blame them or be mad at them. But he'd been hoping for a young one to come along, one that would take things seriously. One that he could mentor, teach them everything and then some. A warm breath of air escaped him. "If you'd like, I can show you."

The Skydancer, in his mind, knew he would not be disappointed if she'd rather take a nap or move along to a different area. It was understandable, in fact, if she did so.
It was almost as though the skydancing guest had completely forgotten about Lotus, once again enthralled by his own study. Lotus watched the way he traced the runes almost longingly, as if he had a deep connection to them, and she couldn't help the way her soft eyes catch on the runes as well. She examines them thoroughly if not only to note the thing that this elder dragon was so fascinated by, to perhaps understand him better somehow. She tries to peer at his notes as he scribbles, but she feels it's rude to snoop, so she backs away. Her ears fall against her head, but perk when he's snapped from his daze.

As soon as he begins explaining himself, Lotus understands. She bristles, stretching her neck so that her small head pokes over the other side of the book, curious about the scrawl hidden upon the pages. An ancient language? Her icy eyes seem to glitter as she looks at the strange, foreign characters that surround them as if only just now noticing them, even after all these years of living here. Honestly, she'd never realized they were apart of something entirely outside of their realm of understanding. It was... enticing.

When the skydancer asks the fated question, Lotus looks through the lenses of the glasses perched on his snout, at the pink eyes he uses so expressively. She's forgotten all about the Sakura Owl who watches carefully, for once feeling a sense of safety outside of it. Lotus hesitates, but blooms when he offers to share his knowledge.

"Show me!" She parrots in a loud boom, though the exclamation sounds more like a question. Truthfully, she was surprised this dragon was willing to share years of tutelage with a hatchling such as herself, but Lotus didn't want to turn down an opportunity to explore her own potential passions. Who knows, maybe she'd have an aptitude for it - maybe this guy could bless her with the genius. "Maybe I can help!"

For the first time in her short life, she suddenly felt free of inhibition, throwing herself to the other side of the book, settling beside... her eyelids flutter as her nostrils flare, turning her head up to the dragon whose name she did not yet know. "I'm Lotus, by the way..." she says shyly, feeling the anxiety swell up as quickly as it had disappeared, her small front paws wringing the strap of her satchel.
// @LemonDewDrops
It was almost as though the skydancing guest had completely forgotten about Lotus, once again enthralled by his own study. Lotus watched the way he traced the runes almost longingly, as if he had a deep connection to them, and she couldn't help the way her soft eyes catch on the runes as well. She examines them thoroughly if not only to note the thing that this elder dragon was so fascinated by, to perhaps understand him better somehow. She tries to peer at his notes as he scribbles, but she feels it's rude to snoop, so she backs away. Her ears fall against her head, but perk when he's snapped from his daze.

As soon as he begins explaining himself, Lotus understands. She bristles, stretching her neck so that her small head pokes over the other side of the book, curious about the scrawl hidden upon the pages. An ancient language? Her icy eyes seem to glitter as she looks at the strange, foreign characters that surround them as if only just now noticing them, even after all these years of living here. Honestly, she'd never realized they were apart of something entirely outside of their realm of understanding. It was... enticing.

When the skydancer asks the fated question, Lotus looks through the lenses of the glasses perched on his snout, at the pink eyes he uses so expressively. She's forgotten all about the Sakura Owl who watches carefully, for once feeling a sense of safety outside of it. Lotus hesitates, but blooms when he offers to share his knowledge.

"Show me!" She parrots in a loud boom, though the exclamation sounds more like a question. Truthfully, she was surprised this dragon was willing to share years of tutelage with a hatchling such as herself, but Lotus didn't want to turn down an opportunity to explore her own potential passions. Who knows, maybe she'd have an aptitude for it - maybe this guy could bless her with the genius. "Maybe I can help!"

For the first time in her short life, she suddenly felt free of inhibition, throwing herself to the other side of the book, settling beside... her eyelids flutter as her nostrils flare, turning her head up to the dragon whose name she did not yet know. "I'm Lotus, by the way..." she says shyly, feeling the anxiety swell up as quickly as it had disappeared, her small front paws wringing the strap of her satchel.
// @LemonDewDrops
LUZk8tY.png
(( @puuker ))
The iridescent Skydancer had already prepared himself to be disappointed, but he noticed the way the little Pearlcatcher tried to sneak a peek at the pages of his journal while he had been scribbling away at them for a moment. He could also see the curiosity blatantly written all over her face when he'd explained to her his reasoning for being in this exact location. Nebula chortled very softly under his breath. He remembers almost a little too well what it was like to be young, innocent, and unlearned. "You see them now, child? All around us?" the large dragon inquired thoughtfully, lowering his leathery journal calmly so that he may return his gaze to the hatchling, meeting her icy eyes in the process.

The enthusiasm is startling, to say the least, the formal dragon's pink eyes widening for just a moment before sinking back into their relaxed state. He could feel the meat of his cheeks pushing upwards on his long face as his sleek lips perked up into what could be called a smile. The wind pushed gently through the air, accenting the Skydancer's voice - "Indeed, little one."

Nebula may have seemed like a strictly distant loner sort of dragon, but he was actually more than happy to have company now, allowing the small Pearlcatcher to settle beside him and peer at his work. Even though he was a male, he had single-handedly raised hatchlings once or twice before, so anytime he was around them he instinctively became more...paternal, if you will. At least, he felt that way inside, knowing that if any threats happened upon them now he would most definitely protect this curious little thing, even if she had a guardian of her own already watching over her. It gave him great joy, nonetheless.

Her name hits him right in the chest, he was always, constantly, perpetually forgetting to inform others of his own name. Sometimes he wondered how he could be so wise and yet so forgetful. "Lotus?" He repeats as if for confirmation, lowering his body a little so he can get more on her level. "My most humble apology, I am known as Nebula." He turns his head ever so slightly towards her, having to keep his neck curved now at this lowered height as he shows her a page marked with a simple '1' at the bottom left. It had multiple different symbols drawn carefully in their own places, plenty of room left between them so that they may not disorient, smudge, or mix on the old, but surprisingly durable yellowed pages of parchment. It was quite obvious that the Skydancer had put his time and heart into this single page alone and he allows her to look over it freely if she wished to.
He could tell Lotus was shy, his antennas allowed him to percept emotions, but it was easy enough to come to that conclusion just be examining her. The large Skydancer did not mind, however, he instead began thinking of a way that he could get her even more interested so that maybe she could relax. "I began studying this language merely a couple of years ago...would you like to know what this page says before we begin? It was the first that I was able to decipher."
((OOC: god its almost 4 am what am i doing writing this now :^) HOPE ITS NOT SMELLY))
(( @puuker ))
The iridescent Skydancer had already prepared himself to be disappointed, but he noticed the way the little Pearlcatcher tried to sneak a peek at the pages of his journal while he had been scribbling away at them for a moment. He could also see the curiosity blatantly written all over her face when he'd explained to her his reasoning for being in this exact location. Nebula chortled very softly under his breath. He remembers almost a little too well what it was like to be young, innocent, and unlearned. "You see them now, child? All around us?" the large dragon inquired thoughtfully, lowering his leathery journal calmly so that he may return his gaze to the hatchling, meeting her icy eyes in the process.

The enthusiasm is startling, to say the least, the formal dragon's pink eyes widening for just a moment before sinking back into their relaxed state. He could feel the meat of his cheeks pushing upwards on his long face as his sleek lips perked up into what could be called a smile. The wind pushed gently through the air, accenting the Skydancer's voice - "Indeed, little one."

Nebula may have seemed like a strictly distant loner sort of dragon, but he was actually more than happy to have company now, allowing the small Pearlcatcher to settle beside him and peer at his work. Even though he was a male, he had single-handedly raised hatchlings once or twice before, so anytime he was around them he instinctively became more...paternal, if you will. At least, he felt that way inside, knowing that if any threats happened upon them now he would most definitely protect this curious little thing, even if she had a guardian of her own already watching over her. It gave him great joy, nonetheless.

Her name hits him right in the chest, he was always, constantly, perpetually forgetting to inform others of his own name. Sometimes he wondered how he could be so wise and yet so forgetful. "Lotus?" He repeats as if for confirmation, lowering his body a little so he can get more on her level. "My most humble apology, I am known as Nebula." He turns his head ever so slightly towards her, having to keep his neck curved now at this lowered height as he shows her a page marked with a simple '1' at the bottom left. It had multiple different symbols drawn carefully in their own places, plenty of room left between them so that they may not disorient, smudge, or mix on the old, but surprisingly durable yellowed pages of parchment. It was quite obvious that the Skydancer had put his time and heart into this single page alone and he allows her to look over it freely if she wished to.
He could tell Lotus was shy, his antennas allowed him to percept emotions, but it was easy enough to come to that conclusion just be examining her. The large Skydancer did not mind, however, he instead began thinking of a way that he could get her even more interested so that maybe she could relax. "I began studying this language merely a couple of years ago...would you like to know what this page says before we begin? It was the first that I was able to decipher."
((OOC: god its almost 4 am what am i doing writing this now :^) HOPE ITS NOT SMELLY))
Nebula's genuine and open demeanor was a comfort to Lotus, and she didn't shy away from the giddiness this whole idea was giving her. When the rainbow skydancer chortles, Lotus instinctively trills in response, tilting her head back and craning her head to requite glances. Her eyes continue again to roam once he points her direction back to the runes, looking utterly interested as he drawls. She closes her mouth when she realizes her jaw had come unhinged, a soft warmth rising to her cheeks.

The way that Nebula carried himself, spoke and moved were all especially admirable to Lotus, as he resembled a bit of what she hoped to be like someday. Cool and mysterious. At least, that's how he seemed to her on the surface. He was in his own world, and Lotus could respect that the most. There was no place she'd rather be than inside her own head, but the idea of helping a linguistic scholar was a little too good to pass up. Even the Sakura Owl, who always seemed ambiguously upset with those who approached Lotus, was content with how events were unfolding beneath it.

"Nebula," Lotus chirps, just as he had repeated her name. It was to taste it on her tongue, test the sound of it. "What a fitting name." He had already reminded her of the stars and galaxies, as they held infinite wisdom that she'd probably never be able to fathom. He seemed to share this attribute. But the difference between him and the skies above and the different worlds within them was that he wanted to share his secrets with her, and she was more than happy to oblige him.

As he offers her a peek into his journal, she looks eagerly. Her eyes move slowly across the page inch by inch as she tries to absorb the details, but she has little understanding of it. When he admits that he'd only just begun his research, Lotus fidgets curiously a bit in her place beside him. She wanted to ask him if he'd always been interested in this sort of thing or if it was something of an acquired taste; was her starting so early a dangerously preemptive move, or could it pave a path to her future passions? Her worried thoughts don't spill past her maw though, and instead she bubbles with delight at the thought of knowing what the foreign characters on the page read. "Yes!" She pips, stroking a claw along the edge of the page, not wanting to smudge the careful etches. "Show me... how you deciphered it?" She tilts her head curiously, hopeful that her request wasn't an impossible one.
// @LemonDewDrops
oh it was smelly alright... smelly GOOD
Nebula's genuine and open demeanor was a comfort to Lotus, and she didn't shy away from the giddiness this whole idea was giving her. When the rainbow skydancer chortles, Lotus instinctively trills in response, tilting her head back and craning her head to requite glances. Her eyes continue again to roam once he points her direction back to the runes, looking utterly interested as he drawls. She closes her mouth when she realizes her jaw had come unhinged, a soft warmth rising to her cheeks.

The way that Nebula carried himself, spoke and moved were all especially admirable to Lotus, as he resembled a bit of what she hoped to be like someday. Cool and mysterious. At least, that's how he seemed to her on the surface. He was in his own world, and Lotus could respect that the most. There was no place she'd rather be than inside her own head, but the idea of helping a linguistic scholar was a little too good to pass up. Even the Sakura Owl, who always seemed ambiguously upset with those who approached Lotus, was content with how events were unfolding beneath it.

"Nebula," Lotus chirps, just as he had repeated her name. It was to taste it on her tongue, test the sound of it. "What a fitting name." He had already reminded her of the stars and galaxies, as they held infinite wisdom that she'd probably never be able to fathom. He seemed to share this attribute. But the difference between him and the skies above and the different worlds within them was that he wanted to share his secrets with her, and she was more than happy to oblige him.

As he offers her a peek into his journal, she looks eagerly. Her eyes move slowly across the page inch by inch as she tries to absorb the details, but she has little understanding of it. When he admits that he'd only just begun his research, Lotus fidgets curiously a bit in her place beside him. She wanted to ask him if he'd always been interested in this sort of thing or if it was something of an acquired taste; was her starting so early a dangerously preemptive move, or could it pave a path to her future passions? Her worried thoughts don't spill past her maw though, and instead she bubbles with delight at the thought of knowing what the foreign characters on the page read. "Yes!" She pips, stroking a claw along the edge of the page, not wanting to smudge the careful etches. "Show me... how you deciphered it?" She tilts her head curiously, hopeful that her request wasn't an impossible one.
// @LemonDewDrops
oh it was smelly alright... smelly GOOD
LUZk8tY.png
(( @puuker >:} ))
Nebula was quite frankly astonished he could get such a young dragon to sit still long enough to merely even take a glance at his extensive work. It pleased him greatly. Not only that, but he could feel the potential magical energy within the young one herself and he knew just by the look in her eyes that if she'd learned the tools for trade she could reach far and distant places that Nebula himself may not even accomplish. Perhaps that was just a gut feeling, but Nebula had come to learn to trust his gut. It'd gotten him this far at least. "Thank you...I am not sure who named me. Perhaps the stars?" He tried to say as a joke, but it came out quite deadpan, or like an old man questioning how well a child might be able to think about greater things such as the stars.

The rainbow-furred Skydancer purred softly with approval, realized with a start that he was rather good at being long and drawn out with his speech. "Of course." He reassures, looking down at the yellowed journal pages. There were rows of the ancient symbols lining what looked like handwritten columns, although they were extremely neat. "See here..." he runs his claw delicately over the parchment, placing the tip of it against a familiar looking symbol. "Does it look like anything to you?" He asked with a voice. He wanted to test what knowledge she might possess, so he started with something very simple. The symbol he'd directed Lotus's attention to resembled the symbol of Light, but there were differences, such as the delicate sun carved neatly over the top of the sunbeams. "There are familiarities in this olden language...some of them, such as this one, are easy to decode." The Skydancer's long tail rolled downwards against the ground gently, his colorful fur patting the ground audibly as he formulates what he should say next. He couldn't hope to teach her ALL of this in one day, in fact, surely just this one page might take a while in itself.

Nebula was quite thankful that this little Pearlcatcher had such an inquiring mind, though it wasn't as if he could read her thoughts or anything, he could just see it on her face. She was thinking about something for a few moments there, quite hard it seemed. "If you've questions, you should inquire child" he pauses long enough to direct his eyes to her. "I would not have learned what I know now without asking questions" he finishes with a breezy voice, he'd hoped the advice might settle with the iceling.
(( @puuker >:} ))
Nebula was quite frankly astonished he could get such a young dragon to sit still long enough to merely even take a glance at his extensive work. It pleased him greatly. Not only that, but he could feel the potential magical energy within the young one herself and he knew just by the look in her eyes that if she'd learned the tools for trade she could reach far and distant places that Nebula himself may not even accomplish. Perhaps that was just a gut feeling, but Nebula had come to learn to trust his gut. It'd gotten him this far at least. "Thank you...I am not sure who named me. Perhaps the stars?" He tried to say as a joke, but it came out quite deadpan, or like an old man questioning how well a child might be able to think about greater things such as the stars.

The rainbow-furred Skydancer purred softly with approval, realized with a start that he was rather good at being long and drawn out with his speech. "Of course." He reassures, looking down at the yellowed journal pages. There were rows of the ancient symbols lining what looked like handwritten columns, although they were extremely neat. "See here..." he runs his claw delicately over the parchment, placing the tip of it against a familiar looking symbol. "Does it look like anything to you?" He asked with a voice. He wanted to test what knowledge she might possess, so he started with something very simple. The symbol he'd directed Lotus's attention to resembled the symbol of Light, but there were differences, such as the delicate sun carved neatly over the top of the sunbeams. "There are familiarities in this olden language...some of them, such as this one, are easy to decode." The Skydancer's long tail rolled downwards against the ground gently, his colorful fur patting the ground audibly as he formulates what he should say next. He couldn't hope to teach her ALL of this in one day, in fact, surely just this one page might take a while in itself.

Nebula was quite thankful that this little Pearlcatcher had such an inquiring mind, though it wasn't as if he could read her thoughts or anything, he could just see it on her face. She was thinking about something for a few moments there, quite hard it seemed. "If you've questions, you should inquire child" he pauses long enough to direct his eyes to her. "I would not have learned what I know now without asking questions" he finishes with a breezy voice, he'd hoped the advice might settle with the iceling.
There's a small smile stuck to Lotus' maw now, and soon the Sakura Owl would come down to join as well. It almost seemed to share the dragons' fascination, perching on the large debris that they shelter behind to glare over Lotus' wing. It studies the scribe as well, looking almost cognitive. The owl watches from behind as Lotus tilts her head, openly pondering over what the elder dragon was saying to her.

He focuses her attention upon a familiar symbol, and despite the additions and differences to it, she recognizes it rather easily. She figured that was just a coincidental similarity though, and part of her was afraid she was wrong - as she was indigenous to the Southern Icefield, Light domain wasn't as branded upon her as it would be some other day.

"It's us," she says matter-of-factly, hoping that would convey her thoughts expertly. After a moment of thought, she swallows thickly and glances at Nebula briefly before settling back on the page, upon the runes he was attempting to unravel for her. "Light."

Once she's reassured that asking questions was a formidable approach to this kind of stuff, Lotus lets out a breath. "It's a more personal question, though," she insists. But after a moment of anxious consideration, she decides to ask anyways, mostly because she knows what it's like to have an interest piqued only to never get closure over it. "Were you always interested in this stuff?" She gestures to the bound journal he's got open for both of them to view. "If I start now, will I..." She grimaces, then lets out a nervous titter. "Will I be wise like you, before you were?" She didn't mean it in an offensive or patronizing way, but simply wanted to know if she had a chance to possess the same as him.
@LemonDewDrops
There's a small smile stuck to Lotus' maw now, and soon the Sakura Owl would come down to join as well. It almost seemed to share the dragons' fascination, perching on the large debris that they shelter behind to glare over Lotus' wing. It studies the scribe as well, looking almost cognitive. The owl watches from behind as Lotus tilts her head, openly pondering over what the elder dragon was saying to her.

He focuses her attention upon a familiar symbol, and despite the additions and differences to it, she recognizes it rather easily. She figured that was just a coincidental similarity though, and part of her was afraid she was wrong - as she was indigenous to the Southern Icefield, Light domain wasn't as branded upon her as it would be some other day.

"It's us," she says matter-of-factly, hoping that would convey her thoughts expertly. After a moment of thought, she swallows thickly and glances at Nebula briefly before settling back on the page, upon the runes he was attempting to unravel for her. "Light."

Once she's reassured that asking questions was a formidable approach to this kind of stuff, Lotus lets out a breath. "It's a more personal question, though," she insists. But after a moment of anxious consideration, she decides to ask anyways, mostly because she knows what it's like to have an interest piqued only to never get closure over it. "Were you always interested in this stuff?" She gestures to the bound journal he's got open for both of them to view. "If I start now, will I..." She grimaces, then lets out a nervous titter. "Will I be wise like you, before you were?" She didn't mean it in an offensive or patronizing way, but simply wanted to know if she had a chance to possess the same as him.
@LemonDewDrops
LUZk8tY.png
1 2