Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Newfound Apprenticeship [Private 1x1]
1 2
(( @puuker ))
The owl, though Nebula was aware of it, caught his attention for a moment as he watched the pink motion blur from the corner of his eye, studying where it might land before it actually landed, but then immediately resuming. He was always one for studying anything really. He was good at absorbing information and then calculating it, even things such as the time it takes for the owl to relocate itself at a casual pace.

The rainbow Skydancer was waiting patiently for the little one's response, redirecting his attention down to her and the book, he was not one for smiles typically, but he couldn't help the one that gently tugged onto his iridescent face upon hearing her answer. He'd remembered asking a few different hatchlings of his clan the same thing, it was such an easy thing to figure out and yet none of them had answered correctly except for this sweet ice child that he'd only met minutes ago. "Correct" he says, but his voice has the obvious sound of praise mixed into it. "I had wondered for some time if this might be too hard for a young one to consider, but you seem quite different from most." Nebula added with an approving nod of his head as he stroked his claw down the dried ink on the page.

In his few seconds of silent glory, he is brought back to by Lotus's remark about a personal question. His eyes navigate the page for a moment more before he turns his whole head in the direction of the iceling, his gentle silence only acting as a further insistence that she ask, staying quiet as she speaks so that he doesn't accidentally interrupt because he can tell she's nervous to ask. Her question, however, was not what he was expecting, actually it was much better. She wanted to learn, that he could understand immediately. Nebula's eyes soften as the question piques his interest, as well as his memories. "I was, but I had no one to teach me." The Skydancer lowered his gaze back down to his self written book. "So instead, I took to the world as I was just reaching adulthood" He flipped to the very first page of the worn leather journal, exposing a map that was drawn in black ink, but it was not as neat as his current handwriting and there were sections of the map that were filled in with different colors and numerically written dates each in their own sections, it seems he'd recorded the places he'd traveled. "But you, child..." his voice sounds almost like it's dancing on the breeze around them. "If you started now, you could become something even greater than I could ever hope to accomplish, I believe."

Nebula stared at his paw-drawn map longingly, allowing Lotus to look at it for a moment if she pleases, but after that moment is over he slowly turns back to the page they had originally been observing together. "I've been looking for someone exactly like you for a very long time...so that I may pass along all that I have learned."

He'd said this, even though he was still unaware as to what clan Lotus might be from, but that did not matter to him. Even if he was a part of Citrine Citadel, he would always be a true neutral at heart.
(( @puuker ))
The owl, though Nebula was aware of it, caught his attention for a moment as he watched the pink motion blur from the corner of his eye, studying where it might land before it actually landed, but then immediately resuming. He was always one for studying anything really. He was good at absorbing information and then calculating it, even things such as the time it takes for the owl to relocate itself at a casual pace.

The rainbow Skydancer was waiting patiently for the little one's response, redirecting his attention down to her and the book, he was not one for smiles typically, but he couldn't help the one that gently tugged onto his iridescent face upon hearing her answer. He'd remembered asking a few different hatchlings of his clan the same thing, it was such an easy thing to figure out and yet none of them had answered correctly except for this sweet ice child that he'd only met minutes ago. "Correct" he says, but his voice has the obvious sound of praise mixed into it. "I had wondered for some time if this might be too hard for a young one to consider, but you seem quite different from most." Nebula added with an approving nod of his head as he stroked his claw down the dried ink on the page.

In his few seconds of silent glory, he is brought back to by Lotus's remark about a personal question. His eyes navigate the page for a moment more before he turns his whole head in the direction of the iceling, his gentle silence only acting as a further insistence that she ask, staying quiet as she speaks so that he doesn't accidentally interrupt because he can tell she's nervous to ask. Her question, however, was not what he was expecting, actually it was much better. She wanted to learn, that he could understand immediately. Nebula's eyes soften as the question piques his interest, as well as his memories. "I was, but I had no one to teach me." The Skydancer lowered his gaze back down to his self written book. "So instead, I took to the world as I was just reaching adulthood" He flipped to the very first page of the worn leather journal, exposing a map that was drawn in black ink, but it was not as neat as his current handwriting and there were sections of the map that were filled in with different colors and numerically written dates each in their own sections, it seems he'd recorded the places he'd traveled. "But you, child..." his voice sounds almost like it's dancing on the breeze around them. "If you started now, you could become something even greater than I could ever hope to accomplish, I believe."

Nebula stared at his paw-drawn map longingly, allowing Lotus to look at it for a moment if she pleases, but after that moment is over he slowly turns back to the page they had originally been observing together. "I've been looking for someone exactly like you for a very long time...so that I may pass along all that I have learned."

He'd said this, even though he was still unaware as to what clan Lotus might be from, but that did not matter to him. Even if he was a part of Citrine Citadel, he would always be a true neutral at heart.
free_icon___pink_candles_by_xqueen-d84011o.gifnebulalasmoller_by_lemondewdrops-dcrkidt.pngfree_icon___pink_candles_by_xqueen-d84011o.gif
Comforted and content, Lotus felt more in good company with this old(?) scholar than she did most of the dragons of Nyre's clan. Not that she would leave her place there, no - but she could get used to other dragons too, maybe. Other dragons like Nebula, at least. The praise, though a bit subtle and soft, doesn't go unnoticed by Lotus. Her ears perk up and she stops slouching, a bit more confident now. Nebula's regard of her challenged much of her mental inhibitions.

The praise is topped by flattery, but it was definitely sincere. Not to mention Lotus liked getting a peak into Nebula's past, however small, allowing her a tiny bit more understanding of him. The map he shares with her is just as fascinating as the rest of what he's brandished. Part of her is thankful she won't have to be trapped in an unlearned Hell because nobody would guide her as had happened to Nebula, but part of her suddenly yearned for her own chance to explore and discover the world and its mysteries for herself.

After a moment, she goes very silent staring at the details of the page, studying every inch as if to catalog it away for her own sake. She looks sullen, her lips pressed into a tight line that makes her nose twitch. Although she exerts a certain sort of distressed or suddenly withdrawn aura, inwardly her brain was working a mile a minute as she both absorbed and analyzed this new perspective. She was weighing her future options. How would she travel? She supposed she could be a scout, like the Karamat fellow of the council. Or she could request permission to...

Lotus' expression twitches, brows drawing up as her eyelids flutter. Her chest balloons as she takes in a hitched breath, having forgotten to breathe. She always was short of breath when she thought too hard for too long. "Even after you teach me everything you know," Lotus says slowly and carefully, tasting each word as she says them to make sure they match her thoughts. Her head moves slightly from side to side, but her eyes remain on the page, as looking for a script. "We could still continue learning together, couldn't we?" Somewhere in the back of her mind, she was afraid this was some sort of mystical conquest in which once he'd passed on his knowledge to her, he so too would pass on. Such a strange concept, and perhaps one she got from a faetail she'd heard as an even younger hatchling, but very real to her nonetheless.
// @LemonDewDrops
is that a hecking dnd alignment pun?
Comforted and content, Lotus felt more in good company with this old(?) scholar than she did most of the dragons of Nyre's clan. Not that she would leave her place there, no - but she could get used to other dragons too, maybe. Other dragons like Nebula, at least. The praise, though a bit subtle and soft, doesn't go unnoticed by Lotus. Her ears perk up and she stops slouching, a bit more confident now. Nebula's regard of her challenged much of her mental inhibitions.

The praise is topped by flattery, but it was definitely sincere. Not to mention Lotus liked getting a peak into Nebula's past, however small, allowing her a tiny bit more understanding of him. The map he shares with her is just as fascinating as the rest of what he's brandished. Part of her is thankful she won't have to be trapped in an unlearned Hell because nobody would guide her as had happened to Nebula, but part of her suddenly yearned for her own chance to explore and discover the world and its mysteries for herself.

After a moment, she goes very silent staring at the details of the page, studying every inch as if to catalog it away for her own sake. She looks sullen, her lips pressed into a tight line that makes her nose twitch. Although she exerts a certain sort of distressed or suddenly withdrawn aura, inwardly her brain was working a mile a minute as she both absorbed and analyzed this new perspective. She was weighing her future options. How would she travel? She supposed she could be a scout, like the Karamat fellow of the council. Or she could request permission to...

Lotus' expression twitches, brows drawing up as her eyelids flutter. Her chest balloons as she takes in a hitched breath, having forgotten to breathe. She always was short of breath when she thought too hard for too long. "Even after you teach me everything you know," Lotus says slowly and carefully, tasting each word as she says them to make sure they match her thoughts. Her head moves slightly from side to side, but her eyes remain on the page, as looking for a script. "We could still continue learning together, couldn't we?" Somewhere in the back of her mind, she was afraid this was some sort of mystical conquest in which once he'd passed on his knowledge to her, he so too would pass on. Such a strange concept, and perhaps one she got from a faetail she'd heard as an even younger hatchling, but very real to her nonetheless.
// @LemonDewDrops
is that a hecking dnd alignment pun?
LUZk8tY.png
1 2