Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Song Lyric Ideas
YO GUYS
So I’m the singer/songwriter for a band and I’m stuck for topics. Anybody down to help me out! I’ll pay 15k and a pretty hatchling to anyone who gives me a good topic!
YO GUYS
So I’m the singer/songwriter for a band and I’m stuck for topics. Anybody down to help me out! I’ll pay 15k and a pretty hatchling to anyone who gives me a good topic!
Bwjy6WH.pngrj7owsI.pngJUtMe6I.png
It depends on the kind of band you write for and the kind of messages you want across. I’ve found that asking a question, and writing a song based around that to answer to yourself has been effective, or taking a general concept and interpreting it is also really fun! For one of my pieces “Whisper” I focused on the feeling of not being heard and feeling dismissed, until meeting a likeminded person and how that changes things. Anyways i’m sorry if this doesn’t make sense im hella tired.
It depends on the kind of band you write for and the kind of messages you want across. I’ve found that asking a question, and writing a song based around that to answer to yourself has been effective, or taking a general concept and interpreting it is also really fun! For one of my pieces “Whisper” I focused on the feeling of not being heard and feeling dismissed, until meeting a likeminded person and how that changes things. Anyways i’m sorry if this doesn’t make sense im hella tired.
zdkBiZa.png
@Heuwiak I write for an alt. Rock band, but I wanna write a soft pop song for myself.
@Heuwiak I write for an alt. Rock band, but I wanna write a soft pop song for myself.
@NotAloneInMyHead
Tell a story through song. Take the perspective of one of the characters. Live in the shoes of your song.

For example, one of the songs I'm currently writing, "Forget", is written as a folksy lullaby from father to son after a cataclysmic event. He's seen everything fall apart, but he wants to forget everything...
@NotAloneInMyHead
Tell a story through song. Take the perspective of one of the characters. Live in the shoes of your song.

For example, one of the songs I'm currently writing, "Forget", is written as a folksy lullaby from father to son after a cataclysmic event. He's seen everything fall apart, but he wants to forget everything...
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
@NotAloneInMyHead

write about yourself, your own journey. pick something you’ve gone through (or are currently going through) and write that song. write a love song to yourself, write your fight song, write about the friend you used to have. make this song yours.
@NotAloneInMyHead

write about yourself, your own journey. pick something you’ve gone through (or are currently going through) and write that song. write a love song to yourself, write your fight song, write about the friend you used to have. make this song yours.
ldNLSdw.png

she/they
20 years old
+3 fr time
herb_rack_flipped.png
@Starshiny I’ve done most of that already unfortunately. I need something new to put on my YouTube channel.

@LoversMasque Interesting. i’ll think abt it.
@Starshiny I’ve done most of that already unfortunately. I need something new to put on my YouTube channel.

@LoversMasque Interesting. i’ll think abt it.