Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | unexalt dragoms
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
The only time I support unexalting is for progens or for honest mistakes (where messages are sent to the FR staff), but I don't support this becoming an actual feature, it negates the point of exalting dragons.
The only time I support unexalting is for progens or for honest mistakes (where messages are sent to the FR staff), but I don't support this becoming an actual feature, it negates the point of exalting dragons.
Tn4aWhc.png
[quote name="IrritatorRaji" date=2017-04-19 05:19:54] The only time I support unexalting is for progens or for honest mistakes (where messages are sent to the FR staff), but I don't support this becoming an actual feature, it negates the point of exalting dragons. [/quote] ^I agree with this. Un-exalting is not an intended feature of the site. Mistakes happen, sure, but as you can see, it's a long and exhaustive process to bring exalted dragons back (for the progens, it's a little harder since some were exalted so long ago). Except in those singular/rare cases, you should not be able to get your dragon back from exalting.
IrritatorRaji wrote on 2017-04-19:
^I agree with this. Un-exalting is not an intended feature of the site. Mistakes happen, sure, but as you can see, it's a long and exhaustive process to bring exalted dragons back (for the progens, it's a little harder since some were exalted so long ago). Except in those singular/rare cases, you should not be able to get your dragon back from exalting.
EYhnjwN.png
Support, no reason why not as long as it meet these condition:
-The cost must out weight the exalt profit and lair expandition, I'm thinking about 1 mil treasure or 1000gem.
-The dragon can only return after the dom of that week over to avoid un-exalt to mess up the board.
-You can only unexalt the dragon that was exalted by yourself.

I facepalm every time I see someone use lore as an excuse to disapprove suggestion, gameplay mechanic should be always over story, heck if we follow lore then the AH would not exist.
Support, no reason why not as long as it meet these condition:
-The cost must out weight the exalt profit and lair expandition, I'm thinking about 1 mil treasure or 1000gem.
-The dragon can only return after the dom of that week over to avoid un-exalt to mess up the board.
-You can only unexalt the dragon that was exalted by yourself.

I facepalm every time I see someone use lore as an excuse to disapprove suggestion, gameplay mechanic should be always over story, heck if we follow lore then the AH would not exist.
GkKw54H.png
Ah yes, my dream, more people stalking people who exalt during dom pushes, and after the push, would beg people to unexalt their precious perfect Cinnamon/Mulberry/Crimson perfesction

Exalted is exalted. It exists to get dragons circulating, and if people want a dragon sooooooo bad, well, breed a clone
Ah yes, my dream, more people stalking people who exalt during dom pushes, and after the push, would beg people to unexalt their precious perfect Cinnamon/Mulberry/Crimson perfesction

Exalted is exalted. It exists to get dragons circulating, and if people want a dragon sooooooo bad, well, breed a clone
@Jemadar

that might be but we're under no requirements to follow it exactly, like I said I'm neutral about this, I don't care a lot for dom either. I don't participate whenever there's a push or whatever hence I'm neutral.

Besides it's just my opinion, and it remains that just because something goes against the site 's lore means it's a bad suggestion straight away, not to mention Undel also decided it was fine to go against Plague flight's lore so not even the staff follows whatever they wrote to a T

¯\_(?)_/¯
@Jemadar

that might be but we're under no requirements to follow it exactly, like I said I'm neutral about this, I don't care a lot for dom either. I don't participate whenever there's a push or whatever hence I'm neutral.

Besides it's just my opinion, and it remains that just because something goes against the site 's lore means it's a bad suggestion straight away, not to mention Undel also decided it was fine to go against Plague flight's lore so not even the staff follows whatever they wrote to a T

¯\_(?)_/¯
DVcXRyP.png
@Apocalyptichorse

Yeah, I do think the site needs to rethink some of their stances for things (like the plague thing).

I don't participate in dom either and to date, I have exalted two dragons, so I really don't have much to gain or lose with this.

And no, just because something goes again site lore doesn't mean it is a bad suggestion, but the majority of the ones I have seen, not only do they go against site lore, but they would also heavily affect the site, usually in negative ways (such as this for Dom purposes). Then there is also that this goes against a major piece of lore (exalting) and against a mechanic that quite frankly needs people doing more of it rather than this type of suggestion (which is really my main argument, we have enough dragons that we don't really need to bring back ones that could be easily recreated, albeit with a different ID)

I was mainly trying to explain my views on site lore and why (which I think a lot of people, not really you, but others I have seen, equate site lore = head canon, which it doesn't) I feel the site should at least try not to contradict itself. (which if you are talking about what I think, yes, that should be removed, and the rules redone, but that is a different discussion)
@Apocalyptichorse

Yeah, I do think the site needs to rethink some of their stances for things (like the plague thing).

I don't participate in dom either and to date, I have exalted two dragons, so I really don't have much to gain or lose with this.

And no, just because something goes again site lore doesn't mean it is a bad suggestion, but the majority of the ones I have seen, not only do they go against site lore, but they would also heavily affect the site, usually in negative ways (such as this for Dom purposes). Then there is also that this goes against a major piece of lore (exalting) and against a mechanic that quite frankly needs people doing more of it rather than this type of suggestion (which is really my main argument, we have enough dragons that we don't really need to bring back ones that could be easily recreated, albeit with a different ID)

I was mainly trying to explain my views on site lore and why (which I think a lot of people, not really you, but others I have seen, equate site lore = head canon, which it doesn't) I feel the site should at least try not to contradict itself. (which if you are talking about what I think, yes, that should be removed, and the rules redone, but that is a different discussion)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Serelinda" date=2017-04-19 05:24:52] [quote name="IrritatorRaji" date=2017-04-19 05:19:54] The only time I support unexalting is for progens or for honest mistakes (where messages are sent to the FR staff), but I don't support this becoming an actual feature, it negates the point of exalting dragons. [/quote] ^I agree with this. Un-exalting is not an intended feature of the site. Mistakes happen, sure, but as you can see, it's a long and exhaustive process to bring exalted dragons back (for the progens, it's a little harder since some were exalted so long ago). Except in those singular/rare cases, you should not be able to get your dragon back from exalting. [/quote] ^^^^^ They both said it here. Can we like... stopping yapping about exalting? Once a dragon is exalted, it's exalted. Boohoo, you exalted on accident. You gotta breed more, I guess? It'll take work, but trust me, you'll love this new, fake and pixelated monster more [i]because you actually worked for it[/i]. Also.... do you know how much of a pain this is going to be? Players will abuse it and complain that the staff is taking too long to get their precious dragons back. It took, like... three months to get my two progens back. Imagine requesting four or five dragons back. It hurts everyone in all honesty. No support.
Serelinda wrote on 2017-04-19:
IrritatorRaji wrote on 2017-04-19:
^I agree with this. Un-exalting is not an intended feature of the site. Mistakes happen, sure, but as you can see, it's a long and exhaustive process to bring exalted dragons back (for the progens, it's a little harder since some were exalted so long ago). Except in those singular/rare cases, you should not be able to get your dragon back from exalting.

^^^^^ They both said it here.

Can we like... stopping yapping about exalting? Once a dragon is exalted, it's exalted. Boohoo, you exalted on accident. You gotta breed more, I guess? It'll take work, but trust me, you'll love this new, fake and pixelated monster more because you actually worked for it.

Also.... do you know how much of a pain this is going to be? Players will abuse it and complain that the staff is taking too long to get their precious dragons back.

It took, like... three months to get my two progens back. Imagine requesting four or five dragons back. It hurts everyone in all honesty.

No support.
z0d96Tv.png peri, he/him
adult
fr time
quitting/gone
Another thing people here are forgetting about is the dragon market.

The dragon economy sucks. There are too many dragons on FR, and exalting is the only way to get rid of a dragon and put it out of commission forever. If dragons could be brought back, it would tank the dragon market even further - think of all the exalted four and five digit dragons that are out there.

No support. There's just too many ways it could go wrong. If you accidentally exalt a permadragon, please contact the admins and explain your situation.
Another thing people here are forgetting about is the dragon market.

The dragon economy sucks. There are too many dragons on FR, and exalting is the only way to get rid of a dragon and put it out of commission forever. If dragons could be brought back, it would tank the dragon market even further - think of all the exalted four and five digit dragons that are out there.

No support. There's just too many ways it could go wrong. If you accidentally exalt a permadragon, please contact the admins and explain your situation.
TTbPXX8.png
I kept thinking about this, still in support with some additional thoughts…

Maybe instead of implementing a whole new un-exalt feature it would be better to just officially state and enhance the current un-exalt rules?

Like, additionally to progen restoration every account has one free un-exalt, which has to be accidental and recent. But (as far as I know) that rule is not officially written down; sometimes people don’t know about this possibility or don’t realize their mistake until it’s too late. Hence they keep asking for a feature to un-exalt the dragons they regret exalting.
Now, this rule/ exception is already a part of flight rising, but by stating it somewhere officially and removing its time limit I think that would solve a lot of cases?
I kept thinking about this, still in support with some additional thoughts…

Maybe instead of implementing a whole new un-exalt feature it would be better to just officially state and enhance the current un-exalt rules?

Like, additionally to progen restoration every account has one free un-exalt, which has to be accidental and recent. But (as far as I know) that rule is not officially written down; sometimes people don’t know about this possibility or don’t realize their mistake until it’s too late. Hence they keep asking for a feature to un-exalt the dragons they regret exalting.
Now, this rule/ exception is already a part of flight rising, but by stating it somewhere officially and removing its time limit I think that would solve a lot of cases?
natureh5.png
if only they just had like a list of exalted dragons by flight that you would have to pay for by level like anyone can see the full list and buy exalted dragons but like make it cost 3000 more than the max you can get from exalting it
if only they just had like a list of exalted dragons by flight that you would have to pay for by level like anyone can see the full list and buy exalted dragons but like make it cost 3000 more than the max you can get from exalting it
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10