Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Musical Theatre
1 2 3
Alright, it is our time. Arise, my fellow thespians. Come, and speak of your favorite musicals. I've been listening to the Bare soundtrack nonstop all morning and I feel glorious.
Alright, it is our time. Arise, my fellow thespians. Come, and speak of your favorite musicals. I've been listening to the Bare soundtrack nonstop all morning and I feel glorious.
B6ve782.gif
[quote name="Sneaky" date="2014-04-18 11:29:13"][color=orange]Alright, it is our time. Arise, my fellow thespians. Come, and speak of your favorite musicals. I've been listening to the Bare soundtrack nonstop all morning and I feel [i]glorious[/i].[/quote] I sure hope this thread isn't dead because musical theatre is my LIFE and SOUL. I have been in theatre since I was a wee dumpling child, and so meeting other people who love it is always great! My favorite musicals are: Newsies, Next To Normal, Wicked, Catch Me If You Can, Spring Awakening, Once, Matilda, and Legally Blonde. I've never seen Bare, but I have listened to some of the music and it's lovely! That's the one about the two boys who are in love, right?
Sneaky wrote on 2014-04-18 11:29:13:

I sure hope this thread isn't dead because musical theatre is my LIFE and SOUL. I have been in theatre since I was a wee dumpling child, and so meeting other people who love it is always great! My favorite musicals are: Newsies, Next To Normal, Wicked, Catch Me If You Can, Spring Awakening, Once, Matilda, and Legally Blonde.

I've never seen Bare, but I have listened to some of the music and it's lovely! That's the one about the two boys who are in love, right?
WkCEhwX.pngCioCFC3.png

tumblr_inline_nayxei5D171qg78ij.png
@Sneaky

I have a deep love for Cats.

I also have a deep dislike of Les Mis.

/looks sheepish at the stunned gasps from the peanut gallery
@Sneaky

I have a deep love for Cats.

I also have a deep dislike of Les Mis.

/looks sheepish at the stunned gasps from the peanut gallery
[quote name="destinae" date="2014-04-18 12:02:58"] Newsies[/quote] Yes.
destinae wrote on 2014-04-18 12:02:58:
Newsies

Yes.
@destinae

AHHHHH yes Next to Normal and Spring Awakening I love those musicals so much. And yes, Bare is about Peter and Jason, who are in a relationship, and their struggles with their family, religion, sexuality, and making the three work together. It's pretty sad, but definitely worth a watch.
@destinae

AHHHHH yes Next to Normal and Spring Awakening I love those musicals so much. And yes, Bare is about Peter and Jason, who are in a relationship, and their struggles with their family, religion, sexuality, and making the three work together. It's pretty sad, but definitely worth a watch.
B6ve782.gif
yes hello someone said musical theatre???

@buckybarnes les mis is literally my lifeblood... well that's awkward.... (i still love you)

Also Next to Normal... i sleep with the script under my pillow. it that weird? am i coming on too strong?

I mean, besides those two, a hells yeah to Spring Awakening, Avenue Q, RENT, Pippin, Matilda, Sweeney Todd, American Idiot, Company, Hair, Seussical, Shrek the Musical, Book of Mormon, Billy Elliot.... that's just... just a small sampling.
yes hello someone said musical theatre???

@buckybarnes les mis is literally my lifeblood... well that's awkward.... (i still love you)

Also Next to Normal... i sleep with the script under my pillow. it that weird? am i coming on too strong?

I mean, besides those two, a hells yeah to Spring Awakening, Avenue Q, RENT, Pippin, Matilda, Sweeney Todd, American Idiot, Company, Hair, Seussical, Shrek the Musical, Book of Mormon, Billy Elliot.... that's just... just a small sampling.
food_cindershroom_by_dogi_crimson-da8qcfn.gifitem_potted_deepmine_fungi_by_dogi_crimson-daf9lz1.giffood_ancient_mushroom_by_dogi_crimson-da9oxmr.gif
Avenue Q is a favourite, I did some Theatre study for a while in College, however I eventually moved into Fine Art, definitely an enjoyable time though.
Avenue Q is a favourite, I did some Theatre study for a while in College, however I eventually moved into Fine Art, definitely an enjoyable time though.
@FunkyFlump I'm a Fine Arts (Fibers, specifically) major with a Theatre concentration :p
@FunkyFlump I'm a Fine Arts (Fibers, specifically) major with a Theatre concentration :p
food_cindershroom_by_dogi_crimson-da8qcfn.gifitem_potted_deepmine_fungi_by_dogi_crimson-daf9lz1.giffood_ancient_mushroom_by_dogi_crimson-da9oxmr.gif
@raeofsunshine
Ah, I did an A-Level in Theatre, now doing a Pre-Degree Diploma in Fine Art, off to London to do a BA in Fine Art, focus on Moving Image. Pretty excited, your course sounds really interesting. I know a few people who do textiles and a friend doing Theatre Production but not the two combined!
@raeofsunshine
Ah, I did an A-Level in Theatre, now doing a Pre-Degree Diploma in Fine Art, off to London to do a BA in Fine Art, focus on Moving Image. Pretty excited, your course sounds really interesting. I know a few people who do textiles and a friend doing Theatre Production but not the two combined!
la cage aux folles and spelling bee
la cage aux folles and spelling bee
qPUMNWy.png
1 2 3