Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Marker for Hatched Dragons
1 2
It's a very minor feature idea. Something only viewable to the account owner but a tiny star on the dragon's lair slot/thumbnail that when you hover over it says something like "You hatched this dragon!" Just a fun, minor idea. Nothing to big. If the dragon leaves your lair and then comes back, the star can return.Perhaps you can also see other stars in different lairs if you created the hatchling. I.e. I sold a dragon to a friend, I look in their lair moths later and see a dragon with that star icon that says "you hatched this dragon!" Perhaps it could even show up for gen1's? Since it would be "hatched". Other accounts cannot see "so and so hatched this dragon", only their own. To cut down on confusion. I like to breed a lot to make color combinations and I often forget which dragons I've made and which I bought. Might help some people like me with breeding projects too! edit- I can't photoshop well but this is what I mean when I say star, probably not an egg since that would be confusing with the already existing icon. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/401420355245178880/496469358537867266/unknown.png[/img]
It's a very minor feature idea. Something only viewable to the account owner but a tiny star on the dragon's lair slot/thumbnail that when you hover over it says something like "You hatched this dragon!"

Just a fun, minor idea. Nothing to big.

If the dragon leaves your lair and then comes back, the star can return.Perhaps you can also see other stars in different lairs if you created the hatchling. I.e. I sold a dragon to a friend, I look in their lair moths later and see a dragon with that star icon that says "you hatched this dragon!" Perhaps it could even show up for gen1's? Since it would be "hatched".

Other accounts cannot see "so and so hatched this dragon", only their own. To cut down on confusion.

I like to breed a lot to make color combinations and I often forget which dragons I've made and which I bought. Might help some people like me with breeding projects too!

edit-

I can't photoshop well but this is what I mean when I say star, probably not an egg since that would be confusing with the already existing icon.

unknown.png
U58SZuw.png
I love this idea. :)
I love this idea. :)
Traveling Wind Clan! We have toured every Flight in Sornieth!
We completed our round-the-world tour on July 6th, 2020 and are once again home in Wind!

Previous Visits: Wind, Earth, Light, Shadow, Nature, Arcane, Ice, Fire, Water, Lightning, Plague
Sorry, but no thanks.

For one, I don't really want more icons to clutter up that bar, and for others, it is really easy to keep track of dragons you hatched by simply making a note of it somewhere.

I am also one that is bad about remembering which dragons I bred and which I have bought, but again, I could easily put in their bios that I bought this dragon, or I used to keep a spreadsheet of them. (Plus, I am terrible about getting rid of dragons, so I tend to keep all the dragons I have bred together. I do manage to get rid of the hatchlings, usually, so if I see a dragon I can tell if I bred it by looking at the parents. If they are in my lair ,chances are I bred it)
Sorry, but no thanks.

For one, I don't really want more icons to clutter up that bar, and for others, it is really easy to keep track of dragons you hatched by simply making a note of it somewhere.

I am also one that is bad about remembering which dragons I bred and which I have bought, but again, I could easily put in their bios that I bought this dragon, or I used to keep a spreadsheet of them. (Plus, I am terrible about getting rid of dragons, so I tend to keep all the dragons I have bred together. I do manage to get rid of the hatchlings, usually, so if I see a dragon I can tell if I bred it by looking at the parents. If they are in my lair ,chances are I bred it)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I support the idea.

Yeah you can make a note in your dragon bio but for quick lair organization or glancing it's easy to tell which you hatched and which you didn't.

Some people's fodder hatchlings and AH buys can look very different, sometimes they look similar. I agree it wouldn't be useful for all users, but it certainly has no real harm and is a very cute idea.

Also would be really cute to be browsing someone's lair someday and see a dragon *you* hatched is living comfortably in their lair.

Personally, I think I would also enjoy being reminded which dragons I've kept over the years. I have a large lair with lots of dragons, most of them I have bought and traded for, only a few are left that I hatched and decided to keep. So seeing something like a little marker would just be... idk a nice touch? A sense of accomplishment? Well that's my personal feeling on it.

Addition: Maybe you can toggle the feature though account settings? On if you want to see the star or not.
I support the idea.

Yeah you can make a note in your dragon bio but for quick lair organization or glancing it's easy to tell which you hatched and which you didn't.

Some people's fodder hatchlings and AH buys can look very different, sometimes they look similar. I agree it wouldn't be useful for all users, but it certainly has no real harm and is a very cute idea.

Also would be really cute to be browsing someone's lair someday and see a dragon *you* hatched is living comfortably in their lair.

Personally, I think I would also enjoy being reminded which dragons I've kept over the years. I have a large lair with lots of dragons, most of them I have bought and traded for, only a few are left that I hatched and decided to keep. So seeing something like a little marker would just be... idk a nice touch? A sense of accomplishment? Well that's my personal feeling on it.

Addition: Maybe you can toggle the feature though account settings? On if you want to see the star or not.
ezimba__2__by_xxdarkest_wolfxx-dbgurtx.gifezimba_by_xxdarkest_wolfxx-dbgq80i.gif
No support. Even though nest rental isn't sanctioned, a lot of people do it. I'd imagine many players wouldn't want dragons "they" bred to be excluded even though another player was kind enough to loan the nest the dragons hatched in.

Plus, how would this follow as the parents changed hands? As the dragon changed hands? If I bred a dragon, gave it to my best friend to breed, and she gave it back, would it lose its icon forever? Would it show up if I were viewing dragons hatched in my own lair or only dragons I sold in other lairs? Would it show when exalted? And unexalted again? That's more unneeded data the server needs to track--plus all tens of thousands of existing dragons would have no way of being grandfathered in.

And, like Jemadar, I don't really want more icons. We have too many as-is.

I also don't like how this is...I don't know how to say...but pushing my ownership on someone else's lair. I can look at someone else's dragon and see "oh, I bred that!" It gives a false sense of possession--and we already have players who think that can dictate Named/Unnamed or exalted/not exalted once a dragon has been sold. It also just seems nosy to me.

I'd rather this be left in players' hands. Otherwise, it just ends up being arbitrary one of four ways.
A) X wants the icon on a dragon and gets the icon on a dragon. X is happy.
B) X doesn't want the icon on a dragon and does not get an icon on a dragon. X is happy.
C) X wants this icon but doesn't get it. X is frustrated.
D) X doesn't want this icon and does get it. X is frustrated.
More player control is better. Less isn't. IMO, we have bio boxes that are more flexible and already serve the purpose of this suggestion, so no support.
No support. Even though nest rental isn't sanctioned, a lot of people do it. I'd imagine many players wouldn't want dragons "they" bred to be excluded even though another player was kind enough to loan the nest the dragons hatched in.

Plus, how would this follow as the parents changed hands? As the dragon changed hands? If I bred a dragon, gave it to my best friend to breed, and she gave it back, would it lose its icon forever? Would it show up if I were viewing dragons hatched in my own lair or only dragons I sold in other lairs? Would it show when exalted? And unexalted again? That's more unneeded data the server needs to track--plus all tens of thousands of existing dragons would have no way of being grandfathered in.

And, like Jemadar, I don't really want more icons. We have too many as-is.

I also don't like how this is...I don't know how to say...but pushing my ownership on someone else's lair. I can look at someone else's dragon and see "oh, I bred that!" It gives a false sense of possession--and we already have players who think that can dictate Named/Unnamed or exalted/not exalted once a dragon has been sold. It also just seems nosy to me.

I'd rather this be left in players' hands. Otherwise, it just ends up being arbitrary one of four ways.
A) X wants the icon on a dragon and gets the icon on a dragon. X is happy.
B) X doesn't want the icon on a dragon and does not get an icon on a dragon. X is happy.
C) X wants this icon but doesn't get it. X is frustrated.
D) X doesn't want this icon and does get it. X is frustrated.
More player control is better. Less isn't. IMO, we have bio boxes that are more flexible and already serve the purpose of this suggestion, so no support.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
If it only showed up on dragons while they're in your lair that would be cute.
We wouldn't want it to show up on other people's dragons though. Some players already try to police what others do with dragons they don't own, we wouldn't want something like this to be another reason.
If it only showed up on dragons while they're in your lair that would be cute.
We wouldn't want it to show up on other people's dragons though. Some players already try to police what others do with dragons they don't own, we wouldn't want something like this to be another reason.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
[quote] Plus, how would this follow as the parents changed hands? As the dragon changed hands? If I bred a dragon, gave it to my best friend to breed, and she gave it back, would it lose its icon forever? [/quote] This isnt about if you breed the dragon, its if you hatch it. If you hatch a dragon in your pair, the marker would appear. Regardless if you later choose to breed change, breed, or scatter. It could be as simple as a few lines of code tracking the account number attached to a dragon the moment of creation, so leaving your lair wouldn't erase the hatching account number. [quote]We wouldn't want it to show up on other people's dragons though. Some players already try to police what others do with dragons they don't own, we wouldn't want something like this to be another reason.[/quote] While I can understand that, the simplest method of dealing with policing players is report and block. If I understand the site's rules, sometime in 2016 it became officially harassment to tell another player what to do with a dragon on their account.
Quote:
Plus, how would this follow as the parents changed hands? As the dragon changed hands? If I bred a dragon, gave it to my best friend to breed, and she gave it back, would it lose its icon forever?

This isnt about if you breed the dragon, its if you hatch it. If you hatch a dragon in your pair, the marker would appear. Regardless if you later choose to breed change, breed, or scatter. It could be as simple as a few lines of code tracking the account number attached to a dragon the moment of creation, so leaving your lair wouldn't erase the hatching account number.
Quote:

While I can understand that, the simplest method of dealing with policing players is report and block. If I understand the site's rules, sometime in 2016 it became officially harassment to tell another player what to do with a dragon on their account.
U58SZuw.png
[quote name="Mods" date="2018-10-02 04:01:54" ] [quote]We wouldn't want it to show up on other people's dragons though. Some players already try to police what others do with dragons they don't own, we wouldn't want something like this to be another reason.[/quote] While I can understand that, the simplest method of dealing with policing players is report and block. If I understand the site's rules, sometime in 2016 it became officially harassment to tell another player what to do with a dragon on their account. [/quote] Yup yup but we don't see a need to add a feature that could lead to more of these problems, especially when there's no real benefit to knowing which dragons in other lairs you hatched.
Mods wrote on 2018-10-02 04:01:54:
Quote:

While I can understand that, the simplest method of dealing with policing players is report and block. If I understand the site's rules, sometime in 2016 it became officially harassment to tell another player what to do with a dragon on their account.
Yup yup but we don't see a need to add a feature that could lead to more of these problems, especially when there's no real benefit to knowing which dragons in other lairs you hatched.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
[quote name="Lonin" date="2018-10-02 04:14:07" ] [quote name="Mods" date="2018-10-02 04:01:54" ] [quote]We wouldn't want it to show up on other people's dragons though. Some players already try to police what others do with dragons they don't own, we wouldn't want something like this to be another reason.[/quote] While I can understand that, the simplest method of dealing with policing players is report and block. If I understand the site's rules, sometime in 2016 it became officially harassment to tell another player what to do with a dragon on their account. [/quote] Yup yup but we don't see a need to add a feature that could lead to more of these problems, especially when there's no real benefit to knowing which dragons in other lairs you hatched. [/quote] Then perhaps the feature is only viewable on your account. Dragons you hatch and dragons you hatched that return to you after leaving your lair =) and nowhere else. But regardless if a star appears in someone elses lair i dont think that would effect the policing players. If people are real nit picky they're going to check anyway where their dragons end up.
Lonin wrote on 2018-10-02 04:14:07:
Mods wrote on 2018-10-02 04:01:54:
Quote:

Yup yup but we don't see a need to add a feature that could lead to more of these problems, especially when there's no real benefit to knowing which dragons in other lairs you hatched.

Then perhaps the feature is only viewable on your account. Dragons you hatch and dragons you hatched that return to you after leaving your lair =) and nowhere else.

But regardless if a star appears in someone elses lair i dont think that would effect the policing players. If people are real nit picky they're going to check anyway where their dragons end up.
U58SZuw.png
I still see really no reason to have it. It doesn't really add anything to the game, and it could be annoying to players who don't want it.

Again, if the players who want to know what dragons they hatched can keep records of that already, I see no reason to add a relatively useless icon to the row of icons below the dragon. All the other icons have connections to various uses: Element allows players to see at a glance what battlestones can be used on that dragon, should they be going for a mage, sex tells them what they can breed that dragon with, the squirrel icon lets them know they have a familiar attached to the dragon, permababy means that a scroll has been used on that dragon, the breeding cooldown allows users to tell which dragons can be bred and which can't.

An icon to tell users what dragon's were hatched in their lair has no use, nor further connection to the game mechanics.

If we do get more icons, I think they should be like all the others: tied to various game mechanics so players know at a glance what can be done with that dragon. Knowing that I hatched Kynin does nothing to tell me what I can do with Kynin.

Basically my earlier point still stands to me, if you really want to know, just keep a record of all hatchlings.
I still see really no reason to have it. It doesn't really add anything to the game, and it could be annoying to players who don't want it.

Again, if the players who want to know what dragons they hatched can keep records of that already, I see no reason to add a relatively useless icon to the row of icons below the dragon. All the other icons have connections to various uses: Element allows players to see at a glance what battlestones can be used on that dragon, should they be going for a mage, sex tells them what they can breed that dragon with, the squirrel icon lets them know they have a familiar attached to the dragon, permababy means that a scroll has been used on that dragon, the breeding cooldown allows users to tell which dragons can be bred and which can't.

An icon to tell users what dragon's were hatched in their lair has no use, nor further connection to the game mechanics.

If we do get more icons, I think they should be like all the others: tied to various game mechanics so players know at a glance what can be done with that dragon. Knowing that I hatched Kynin does nothing to tell me what I can do with Kynin.

Basically my earlier point still stands to me, if you really want to know, just keep a record of all hatchlings.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2