Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Fairegrounds issues
1 2 3
[quote name="DoomsdayDragon" date="2014-03-08 08:20:53"][color=indigo] I am getting a message that says "Unable to connect to the game server. If the problem persists, please try toggling the alternate socket option in your account settings." Every time I try to play a Faire game. I am using Firefox.[/quote] I am getting this problem too. I've already swap sockets to no avail. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WM5m9zb.jpg[/IMG]
DoomsdayDragon wrote on 2014-03-08 08:20:53:
I am getting a message that says "Unable to connect to the game server. If the problem persists, please try toggling the alternate socket option in your account settings." Every time I try to play a Faire game. I am using Firefox.

I am getting this problem too. I've already swap sockets to no avail.

WM5m9zb.jpg
3EAoDJ5.pngcUq3mJV.gifn8WBZAl.png
Is this still a problem? I'm new and my friends say that everything should be working, but I get the same, no response from the server even when I switch Normal/Alternate.
Is this still a problem? I'm new and my friends say that everything should be working, but I get the same, no response from the server even when I switch Normal/Alternate.
I think it is still an issue just not as frequent for some. But perhaps the server tweak will fix it?
I think it is still an issue just not as frequent for some. But perhaps the server tweak will fix it?
The same thing is still happening to me on my home network. I have tried: Chrome, Firefox, clearing my cache on both, opening web port 4231, temporarily disabling by antivirus, the normal socket, the alternate socket, the link beneath the games and coliseum, soft refreshing, accessing it early in the morning and late at night when there's notably less traffic...Nothing will make the games or coliseum load.

They work for me on the library network, but not here. And I really don't want to have to go to the library every single time I want to play FR.

I really hope tomorrow's server reset will help. This is getting frustrating. :(
The same thing is still happening to me on my home network. I have tried: Chrome, Firefox, clearing my cache on both, opening web port 4231, temporarily disabling by antivirus, the normal socket, the alternate socket, the link beneath the games and coliseum, soft refreshing, accessing it early in the morning and late at night when there's notably less traffic...Nothing will make the games or coliseum load.

They work for me on the library network, but not here. And I really don't want to have to go to the library every single time I want to play FR.

I really hope tomorrow's server reset will help. This is getting frustrating. :(
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I'm not sure if this is still an issue with everyone but I'm definitely experiencing this right now. Figured I'd pop in and say so, haha. I keep toggling and it hasn't been working. I'm using google chrome, too, if that helps!
I'm not sure if this is still an issue with everyone but I'm definitely experiencing this right now. Figured I'd pop in and say so, haha. I keep toggling and it hasn't been working. I'm using google chrome, too, if that helps!
[quote name="DoomsdayDragon" date="2014-03-08 08:20:53"][color=indigo] I am getting a message that says "Unable to connect to the game server. If the problem persists, please try toggling the alternate socket option in your account settings." Every time I try to play a Faire game. I am using Firefox.[/quote] I have the same issue, and am using the same browser. I have tried toggling the alternate socket option, and it loads for a couple seconds before the message pops up, rather than having it immediately if I have the socket on normal. I wonder if its only a small percentage of players who are experiencing this?
DoomsdayDragon wrote on 2014-03-08 08:20:53:
I am getting a message that says "Unable to connect to the game server. If the problem persists, please try toggling the alternate socket option in your account settings." Every time I try to play a Faire game. I am using Firefox.
I have the same issue, and am using the same browser. I have tried toggling the alternate socket option, and it loads for a couple seconds before the message pops up, rather than having it immediately if I have the socket on normal.
I wonder if its only a small percentage of players who are experiencing this?
8113890e65468d3e592e04d0586e31cc.png
I've been able to play the games up until now. I usually have to keep clearing my cache just to get the Coliseum working as well (which is annoying), and it is getting frustrating that now the games aren't working as well as the battlegrounds. I'm using Chrome and this just started happening.
I've been able to play the games up until now. I usually have to keep clearing my cache just to get the Coliseum working as well (which is annoying), and it is getting frustrating that now the games aren't working as well as the battlegrounds. I'm using Chrome and this just started happening.

wes | 28 | fr +3
iuEBSJ3.png
QRVupBA.png
ePOliyb.png

tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o2_r2_250.gif
I'm still experiencing issues today. I even downloaded chrome just to see if it was my browser. I've tried both sockets on both browsers (chrome and firefox) to no avail. It is incredibly disheartening.

Coliseum sorta worked for me this morning but it isn't any longer.
I'm still experiencing issues today. I even downloaded chrome just to see if it was my browser. I've tried both sockets on both browsers (chrome and firefox) to no avail. It is incredibly disheartening.

Coliseum sorta worked for me this morning but it isn't any longer.
water-banner-3_zps1eafde0d.gif
the games and coliseum don't work for me either and i've tried all the available options mentioned in the threads.
the games and coliseum don't work for me either and i've tried all the available options mentioned in the threads.
I've had this same issue today and yesterday for Shock Switch.
I've had this same issue today and yesterday for Shock Switch.
ice_rune_20.png eUzpdSm.png ice_rune_20.png
1. I buy OC art. 2. I don't exalt dragons from non-exalt threads.
3. I try to trade nice-looking dergs in swap threads.
4. If you're a newbie and need help navigating the site, feel free to ask. :)
1 2 3