Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Faire / Coliseum not loading!
1 2 ... 376 377 378 379 380 ... 535 536
I was doing a google search, and one help for Maplestory (when not able to connect to the game server) was to try connecting in Safe Mode with Networking. So I shut down my computer and rebooted it in safe mode. Low and behold, I can load the fairground! (I haven't tried the coliseum yet). So now I'm a bit confused as to -what- is the problem, but it has to be something installed on my personal computer. Antivirus? Add-ons? I have no idea. If anyone who is somewhat tech savy has any idea what to suggest, please do so. It is definitely annoying to have to use safe mode, so the sooner I can figure out what's blocking, the better.

So, my suggestion to anyone else having this problem--try Safe Mode with Networking.
I was doing a google search, and one help for Maplestory (when not able to connect to the game server) was to try connecting in Safe Mode with Networking. So I shut down my computer and rebooted it in safe mode. Low and behold, I can load the fairground! (I haven't tried the coliseum yet). So now I'm a bit confused as to -what- is the problem, but it has to be something installed on my personal computer. Antivirus? Add-ons? I have no idea. If anyone who is somewhat tech savy has any idea what to suggest, please do so. It is definitely annoying to have to use safe mode, so the sooner I can figure out what's blocking, the better.

So, my suggestion to anyone else having this problem--try Safe Mode with Networking.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
For those of you still having issues with the "cannot connect to game server" error for Coliseum and Fairgrounds and are using Ad-Aware: Try completely uninstalling the program and restart your computer.

I had my brother test everything logged in on my account on his computer with the same internet connection and he could access both just fine while I was still stuck getting the error no matter which socket I was using. Which is when I noticed he was using Avast instead of Ad-Aware like I was. Sure enough after uninstalling Ad-Aware and rebooting, both Coliseum and Fairgrounds run perfectly.

This may not be a fix for everyone having issues in this thread, but if you're using Ad-Aware it's probably a safe bet that that's the problem (if everything else is set up the way it should be of course). Also, don't forget to grab a new anti-virus program! Like I mentioned before, Avast does not create this issue so it should be fine to use.
For those of you still having issues with the "cannot connect to game server" error for Coliseum and Fairgrounds and are using Ad-Aware: Try completely uninstalling the program and restart your computer.

I had my brother test everything logged in on my account on his computer with the same internet connection and he could access both just fine while I was still stuck getting the error no matter which socket I was using. Which is when I noticed he was using Avast instead of Ad-Aware like I was. Sure enough after uninstalling Ad-Aware and rebooting, both Coliseum and Fairgrounds run perfectly.

This may not be a fix for everyone having issues in this thread, but if you're using Ad-Aware it's probably a safe bet that that's the problem (if everything else is set up the way it should be of course). Also, don't forget to grab a new anti-virus program! Like I mentioned before, Avast does not create this issue so it should be fine to use.
@Fawnliet

The coliseum is refusing to load properly for my sister (SpottedEquine) and I most of the time. When the coliseum loading page doesn't completely freeze, but still refuses to load, I get this error message (or one similar):

"Error loading sprite: html5/coliseum/images/title/spr_props,png"

I've already tried white-listing Flight Rising on my ad block, and when that didn't work I even tried completely disabling my ad block like you suggested. I'm still getting error messages (and freezing loading pages) most of the time when I try to load the coliseum. =/
@Fawnliet

The coliseum is refusing to load properly for my sister (SpottedEquine) and I most of the time. When the coliseum loading page doesn't completely freeze, but still refuses to load, I get this error message (or one similar):

"Error loading sprite: html5/coliseum/images/title/spr_props,png"

I've already tried white-listing Flight Rising on my ad block, and when that didn't work I even tried completely disabling my ad block like you suggested. I'm still getting error messages (and freezing loading pages) most of the time when I try to load the coliseum. =/
0235f9d4-b9c8-4010-bcc9-6dc67ca5dbc0_zpsowqy1qjo.png 324abb70-4008-4ec9-9a4c-ebe7a007e7c0_zpsaewqstfs.png
LilyKnight I think you're a bit confused. What I had suggested was about removing Ad-Aware an anti-virus/anti-malware program that would be installed on your computer and not Adblock which is a plugin for your browser. This fix would only apply to people that already have it Ad-Aware installed. The error you're getting though looks more like a server issue that you may have to be patient with until it's sorted out by the staff, sorry!
LilyKnight I think you're a bit confused. What I had suggested was about removing Ad-Aware an anti-virus/anti-malware program that would be installed on your computer and not Adblock which is a plugin for your browser. This fix would only apply to people that already have it Ad-Aware installed. The error you're getting though looks more like a server issue that you may have to be patient with until it's sorted out by the staff, sorry!
Hey, the Coliseum is now working for me, so that's great! But I think my Bestiary is bugged—nothing gets unlocked after I encounter a monster in the Coliseum. Am I the only one with this problem, and is there a way to fix this?
Hey, the Coliseum is now working for me, so that's great! But I think my Bestiary is bugged—nothing gets unlocked after I encounter a monster in the Coliseum. Am I the only one with this problem, and is there a way to fix this?
0_c9428_c1cc3bbd_orig.jpg
The Coliseum is very selective on when it will for me. I have managed to play a few times but only for a short amount of time before it either crashes or comes up with a connection lost error. I have tried all suggested methods and none of them have improved the chances of the coliseum being available. Furthermore, my Bestiary is not updating when I do actually manage to take part in battles. Every other game works perfectly for me, so coliseum is my only issue.

The site is still fairly small, so bugs and errors are to expected, especially with an influx of users over the past few days. I hope the mod team will be diligent in fixing the issue as the community appear highly enthusiastic towards the coliseum feature.
The Coliseum is very selective on when it will for me. I have managed to play a few times but only for a short amount of time before it either crashes or comes up with a connection lost error. I have tried all suggested methods and none of them have improved the chances of the coliseum being available. Furthermore, my Bestiary is not updating when I do actually manage to take part in battles. Every other game works perfectly for me, so coliseum is my only issue.

The site is still fairly small, so bugs and errors are to expected, especially with an influx of users over the past few days. I hope the mod team will be diligent in fixing the issue as the community appear highly enthusiastic towards the coliseum feature.
34xf4wg.jpg
@alphyna
The Bestiary entries are only unlocked as you collect the enemies in the form of Familiars. It's all up to luck whether a defeated foe will become a familiar, so just keep fighting. You're bound to nab a few!
@alphyna
The Bestiary entries are only unlocked as you collect the enemies in the form of Familiars. It's all up to luck whether a defeated foe will become a familiar, so just keep fighting. You're bound to nab a few!
[quote name="At0msk" date="2014-04-15 21:00:21"]Hello! And apologies to you new guys here who have to suffer with the "Unable to connct" Menace so early on. :( I hope it doesn't stunt your clan's ability to flourish! This error has blocked me out of the games and coliseum for [i]53 days[/i] now while the mods have been preoccupied with more important stuff or something, so I've gotten somewhat used to not being able to make money the easy/fun way. But here are some tips for making money other ways! [b]- Crim![/b] Do get familiar with [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=tradepost&lot=collection]Crim[/url]! She will trade one random item of yours for 500 pieces of treasure (or more!) and offers new trades every hour! Gather a variety of foods with your daily gathering turns and convert all but 2 or 3 of each item into food points so Crim can take the rest at some point. If you have enough food for your clan, dig and scavenge for things to give her too! Not just in your flight's region, check all the elemental areas for different items! I've gotten in the habit of checking back with Crim every hour that I am at my computer, and it's a good supplement to the money I make in dragon auctions. [b]- Babies![/b] Breed your dragons as often as their breeding cooldowns will allow. You can expand your family by keeping the favorites and sell any you can't/don't want to keep at the [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=ah]Auction House[/url]. It seems kind of harsh, but it's good money and someone out there wants to give your hatchling a good home. :3 Think about saving up for a new adopted dragons of your own too, to expand your clan's gene pool and breeding possibilities. [b]-Familiars![/b] Your dragons' pets are loaded!! You can bond with them once per day and they drop a small amount of change, but drop [i]whole chests of loot[/i] as they level up! I have enough familiars that this is one of my primary incomes right now. I imagine it's a little difficult to find familiars without a preexisting pile of them or random drops in the coliseum, but maybe a friend has a spare Leafy Moth or Death's-Head Stag they could donate? You can also find fairly inexpensive in the Auction House. You can get away with dropping 1 or 2k treasure on a familiar and still profit greatly in only a few weeks of diligent bonding, then land a gold chest in several weeks! It all pays off in the long run. :D Oh, and sometimes hunting, fishing, bug-catching and foraging yields familiars too, so keep an eye out on your gathering trips! [b]-Resist the Marketplace![/b] It's a huge money-nabber! The auction house often has things priced at a discount, so check there if you see an item you've gotta have. Familiar's chests often have cool items of apparel (and more familiars!) within them, so if you have the patience, you can get a lot of neat stuff for free and save a ton of money. Find ways to get around paying full price! I feel really bad for you peeps in this predicament, so I am going to give out some familiars (totally free of charge!) in hopes of getting you guys started :] [img]http://i.imgur.com/Riww9YM.png[/img] [b]Available:[/b] leafy moth [s]leafy moth[/s] [s]amaranth moth[/s] [s]emerald cave jewel[/s] [s]frostbite hummingbird[/s] [s]goldthroated sparrow[/s] [s]maned rasa[/s] [b]To claim one, just PM me with whichever one you'd like[/b] so we don't spam up this thread, and I'll update this post as familiars are adopted. It's first-come-first-serve! To be eligible you have to have been [b]one of this window's new arrivals[/b] and to have a [b]complete inability to connect to the Coliseum and any Fairgrounds game [/b](other than the Higher or Lower game, as that one seems to be unaffected and still accessible). I'm trusting your honesty here. :> [b] I hope this post serves as a reminder to the mods that it's unfair for these guys to have to put up with this as a welcome! Please consider pushing this issue to the forefront of your priorities![/b][/quote] I'm going to go ahead and bring this to the active page in hopes of getting these tips spread around and getting these familiars to new owners. [Edit:] One last leafy moth left! Any takers?
At0msk wrote on 2014-04-15 21:00:21:
Hello! And apologies to you new guys here who have to suffer with the "Unable to connct" Menace so early on. :( I hope it doesn't stunt your clan's ability to flourish!

This error has blocked me out of the games and coliseum for 53 days now while the mods have been preoccupied with more important stuff or something, so I've gotten somewhat used to not being able to make money the easy/fun way. But here are some tips for making money other ways!

- Crim! Do get familiar with Crim! She will trade one random item of yours for 500 pieces of treasure (or more!) and offers new trades every hour! Gather a variety of foods with your daily gathering turns and convert all but 2 or 3 of each item into food points so Crim can take the rest at some point. If you have enough food for your clan, dig and scavenge for things to give her too! Not just in your flight's region, check all the elemental areas for different items! I've gotten in the habit of checking back with Crim every hour that I am at my computer, and it's a good supplement to the money I make in dragon auctions.

- Babies! Breed your dragons as often as their breeding cooldowns will allow. You can expand your family by keeping the favorites and sell any you can't/don't want to keep at the Auction House. It seems kind of harsh, but it's good money and someone out there wants to give your hatchling a good home. :3 Think about saving up for a new adopted dragons of your own too, to expand your clan's gene pool and breeding possibilities.

-Familiars! Your dragons' pets are loaded!! You can bond with them once per day and they drop a small amount of change, but drop whole chests of loot as they level up! I have enough familiars that this is one of my primary incomes right now. I imagine it's a little difficult to find familiars without a preexisting pile of them or random drops in the coliseum, but maybe a friend has a spare Leafy Moth or Death's-Head Stag they could donate? You can also find fairly inexpensive in the Auction House. You can get away with dropping 1 or 2k treasure on a familiar and still profit greatly in only a few weeks of diligent bonding, then land a gold chest in several weeks! It all pays off in the long run. :D Oh, and sometimes hunting, fishing, bug-catching and foraging yields familiars too, so keep an eye out on your gathering trips!

-Resist the Marketplace! It's a huge money-nabber! The auction house often has things priced at a discount, so check there if you see an item you've gotta have. Familiar's chests often have cool items of apparel (and more familiars!) within them, so if you have the patience, you can get a lot of neat stuff for free and save a ton of money. Find ways to get around paying full price!

I feel really bad for you peeps in this predicament, so I am going to give out some familiars (totally free of charge!) in hopes of getting you guys started :]

Riww9YM.png

Available:
leafy moth
leafy moth
amaranth moth
emerald cave jewel
frostbite hummingbird
goldthroated sparrow
maned rasa

To claim one, just PM me with whichever one you'd like so we don't spam up this thread, and I'll update this post as familiars are adopted. It's first-come-first-serve!
To be eligible you have to have been one of this window's new arrivals and to have a complete inability to connect to the Coliseum and any Fairgrounds game (other than the Higher or Lower game, as that one seems to be unaffected and still accessible). I'm trusting your honesty here. :>

I hope this post serves as a reminder to the mods that it's unfair for these guys to have to put up with this as a welcome! Please consider pushing this issue to the forefront of your priorities!

I'm going to go ahead and bring this to the active page in hopes of getting these tips spread around and getting these familiars to new owners.

[Edit:] One last leafy moth left! Any takers?
We are looking into some possible workarounds - watch this thread for more details.
We are looking into some possible workarounds - watch this thread for more details.
I can get onto Faire. But I can't get onto any of the games - I think the games server's gone crash tinkle tinkle.
I can get onto Faire. But I can't get onto any of the games - I think the games server's gone crash tinkle tinkle.
In danger of failing in an epic and awesome manner. This may be a bad thing.
1 2 ... 376 377 378 379 380 ... 535 536