Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | RP Prompts (RP Requests)
Welcome to RP Prompts (RP Requests) Thread

I, for starters, decided to start this for personal reason. I saw a lot of amazing and great RP stories out there that are just waiting for role players to join in BUT let's be honest, not all cater to your interest. So! With great battle with myself, I decided to create a thread here for role players alike can just throw in ideas/prompts!

The reason is, not all people can just create a RP (like me sobs). One, it takes a really great brainstorming to start it and many research for how your RP will go (rules, guidelines, plot, ah! the craziness!) So instead of not bothering with your sudden idea for a RP (we love your ideas, come back, nooo) just post it here!

The hopeful outcome, is that someone that is a veteran RP/s OR even a newbie RP/s would like your idea, so you all can brainstorm on the RP story and bring your RP to fruition!

IMPORTANT! Please refrain yourself from bashing or completely stealing other people's ideas. They might not have a copyright on it, but that is just plain rude. READ THE RULES HERE THEN THE RP ETIQUETTE HERE. Thank you!

So, make it happen!
Start posting your vague or specific prompts/ideas today!
Best of luck!

Need more help?
How about an example of a prompt: "His Dark Materials RP? Where you can make original characters but your familiar would be the dragon on your icon." That's pretty much a VAGUE prompt but you can add more so it can be more SPECIFIC. "The world would be at war and there is only two places that are safe for humans. Anywhere else is a toxic wasteland. Some RPs can be audition as Hunters (humans with no familiars), where they haunt characters with familiars." From then on, you can get more suggestions!
Any more questions, just quickly reply in here!
Welcome to RP Prompts (RP Requests) Thread

I, for starters, decided to start this for personal reason. I saw a lot of amazing and great RP stories out there that are just waiting for role players to join in BUT let's be honest, not all cater to your interest. So! With great battle with myself, I decided to create a thread here for role players alike can just throw in ideas/prompts!

The reason is, not all people can just create a RP (like me sobs). One, it takes a really great brainstorming to start it and many research for how your RP will go (rules, guidelines, plot, ah! the craziness!) So instead of not bothering with your sudden idea for a RP (we love your ideas, come back, nooo) just post it here!

The hopeful outcome, is that someone that is a veteran RP/s OR even a newbie RP/s would like your idea, so you all can brainstorm on the RP story and bring your RP to fruition!

IMPORTANT! Please refrain yourself from bashing or completely stealing other people's ideas. They might not have a copyright on it, but that is just plain rude. READ THE RULES HERE THEN THE RP ETIQUETTE HERE. Thank you!

So, make it happen!
Start posting your vague or specific prompts/ideas today!
Best of luck!

Need more help?
How about an example of a prompt: "His Dark Materials RP? Where you can make original characters but your familiar would be the dragon on your icon." That's pretty much a VAGUE prompt but you can add more so it can be more SPECIFIC. "The world would be at war and there is only two places that are safe for humans. Anywhere else is a toxic wasteland. Some RPs can be audition as Hunters (humans with no familiars), where they haunt characters with familiars." From then on, you can get more suggestions!
Any more questions, just quickly reply in here!
ForumSig2.gif
the Dancer's Guild! I've had this idea for quite awhile now, but I'd like a few other people to help me get it started. Basically, the Dancer's Guild is a group of dragons who are dedicated to performing various kinds of dances and such. If anyone has read the Kiesha'ra series (the first book is Hawksong, if anyone is curious) it works in very much the same way as the serpiente dancers. My dragon Skylar would be the leader of the guild (at least the part located in the Windswept Plateau) there would be members from all flights, and a nest (or lair maybe, since these are dragons) within each flight's home with a guild leader for each nest. there would be large performances during elemental holidays (basically we would invite everyone to rp their dragons in the thread even if said dragons don't dance) and other things of the sort. We would be using the dragons from our own lairs in case that wasn't clear, and members of the guild can either live in the nest with other dancers or with their own clan. hatchlings are often raised within the nest if their parents so wish it. so, basically I'd like one person from each flight to pick one of their dragons who would be leader of that branch of the guild (everyone is welcome, these people would just be helping start it up and their dragons would be recognized as co-founders of the guild). I'm still not sure if this should just be one big rp thread or multiple (like for each branch in each flight) or what, which is why I'm asking for some help. This would be a semi-literate to literate rp. Whew, that was a long post. Message me if you're interested, I'll be starting a discussion/planning thread once I find a few people.

Also, this is a wonderful idea, @KillHailMary.
the Dancer's Guild! I've had this idea for quite awhile now, but I'd like a few other people to help me get it started. Basically, the Dancer's Guild is a group of dragons who are dedicated to performing various kinds of dances and such. If anyone has read the Kiesha'ra series (the first book is Hawksong, if anyone is curious) it works in very much the same way as the serpiente dancers. My dragon Skylar would be the leader of the guild (at least the part located in the Windswept Plateau) there would be members from all flights, and a nest (or lair maybe, since these are dragons) within each flight's home with a guild leader for each nest. there would be large performances during elemental holidays (basically we would invite everyone to rp their dragons in the thread even if said dragons don't dance) and other things of the sort. We would be using the dragons from our own lairs in case that wasn't clear, and members of the guild can either live in the nest with other dancers or with their own clan. hatchlings are often raised within the nest if their parents so wish it. so, basically I'd like one person from each flight to pick one of their dragons who would be leader of that branch of the guild (everyone is welcome, these people would just be helping start it up and their dragons would be recognized as co-founders of the guild). I'm still not sure if this should just be one big rp thread or multiple (like for each branch in each flight) or what, which is why I'm asking for some help. This would be a semi-literate to literate rp. Whew, that was a long post. Message me if you're interested, I'll be starting a discussion/planning thread once I find a few people.

Also, this is a wonderful idea, @KillHailMary.
OY2CZgk.png
@TwilitRaven, thank you for checking this out and yeah, that's what I was hoping for, that it would turn out to be useful :D Good luck to your idea! It really seems awesome!
@TwilitRaven, thank you for checking this out and yeah, that's what I was hoping for, that it would turn out to be useful :D Good luck to your idea! It really seems awesome!
ForumSig2.gif
@twilitraven

I have never read the books or heard of them but your idea very much intrigues me
@twilitraven

I have never read the books or heard of them but your idea very much intrigues me
I had an idea for one, but I already made it into a thread. Lol there's only 2 other people in it right now, but I just wanted to put the Storyline in here for you all just in case you guys liked it! It's an FR RP with an original take on the creation of the world.
Quote:
Long ago, when the world was created, there were 11 dieties granted the power to govern the lands. Ice, Fire, Water, Earth, Plague, Nature, Light, Shadow, Wind, Lightning, and Arcane. These dieties were given physical forms to shape their areas to their liking and magic to create life where there was none. The beings they made took on the image of the dieties; Dragons were born. Each could command magic in the element they were born in, and each worshipped the God's that had given them life.

For a time, it was peaceful, each element sticking to their own land. But it could not stay this way. Their gods had given up their physical bodies and left to rest among the heavens where they could watch what they had created live freely, but they did not expect what happened. Each clan, thinking their element the best, began to bicker with each other. This soon escalated into a war between each element, every dragon fighting all that were not kin to itself.

The land, drained and beaten by the use of magic, soon withered. The air stunk of death, and the ground was littered with that of fallen dragons everywhere. The God's, seeing what was happening to their beloved world, decided as one to take action. They appeared before their respective clans, and with mighty roars, stopped the war right in it's tracks. Before they ascended back to their resting places in the heavens, they all had one message for every dragon,

"Until all are united as one, none shall have the power over another."

And with that, the powers granted to their creations was taken away. All but the basic magic to survive was ripped from the bodies and from their minds, leaving them with no tools of war other than their own strengths.

So Yeah, it's a little different. It's a post-war dragon RP based off of FR, but with a little twist. I have the end result of the union of all clans (eventually will happen, but hopefully will take a while to get there) and it's a little different because the God's took away the power of all dragons. (Except for like basic things, like breathing fire or causing a small gust for flight, things like that).
if you guys like the story, you're more than welcome to join. :)

Oh Yeah, it's called Magic Reborn.
I had an idea for one, but I already made it into a thread. Lol there's only 2 other people in it right now, but I just wanted to put the Storyline in here for you all just in case you guys liked it! It's an FR RP with an original take on the creation of the world.
Quote:
Long ago, when the world was created, there were 11 dieties granted the power to govern the lands. Ice, Fire, Water, Earth, Plague, Nature, Light, Shadow, Wind, Lightning, and Arcane. These dieties were given physical forms to shape their areas to their liking and magic to create life where there was none. The beings they made took on the image of the dieties; Dragons were born. Each could command magic in the element they were born in, and each worshipped the God's that had given them life.

For a time, it was peaceful, each element sticking to their own land. But it could not stay this way. Their gods had given up their physical bodies and left to rest among the heavens where they could watch what they had created live freely, but they did not expect what happened. Each clan, thinking their element the best, began to bicker with each other. This soon escalated into a war between each element, every dragon fighting all that were not kin to itself.

The land, drained and beaten by the use of magic, soon withered. The air stunk of death, and the ground was littered with that of fallen dragons everywhere. The God's, seeing what was happening to their beloved world, decided as one to take action. They appeared before their respective clans, and with mighty roars, stopped the war right in it's tracks. Before they ascended back to their resting places in the heavens, they all had one message for every dragon,

"Until all are united as one, none shall have the power over another."

And with that, the powers granted to their creations was taken away. All but the basic magic to survive was ripped from the bodies and from their minds, leaving them with no tools of war other than their own strengths.

So Yeah, it's a little different. It's a post-war dragon RP based off of FR, but with a little twist. I have the end result of the union of all clans (eventually will happen, but hopefully will take a while to get there) and it's a little different because the God's took away the power of all dragons. (Except for like basic things, like breathing fire or causing a small gust for flight, things like that).
if you guys like the story, you're more than welcome to join. :)

Oh Yeah, it's called Magic Reborn.
I AM - ONLINE
My Art Shop
2i1fr40.jpg
I really want to do a rp for Exalted Arcane dragons. I would use my only exalted dragon so far, a hatchling named Evenclaw. I want to have him learning how to best serve his god and whatnot, but I'm not sure if anyone else is interested in this kind of thing. Maybe have an older Exalted show him the ropes or something?

Sidenote; I subscribe to the headcannon that Arcane dragons look like lovecraftian horrors and they have an illusion that makes them look normal; this illusion is instinctual and they don't even know they do it. If they find out, they may go insane. If anyone sees their true form, they go insane.
I really want to do a rp for Exalted Arcane dragons. I would use my only exalted dragon so far, a hatchling named Evenclaw. I want to have him learning how to best serve his god and whatnot, but I'm not sure if anyone else is interested in this kind of thing. Maybe have an older Exalted show him the ropes or something?

Sidenote; I subscribe to the headcannon that Arcane dragons look like lovecraftian horrors and they have an illusion that makes them look normal; this illusion is instinctual and they don't even know they do it. If they find out, they may go insane. If anyone sees their true form, they go insane.
ho5M9.gif2IGO4.gifobKSC.gif
I've tried to get one going before, but an RP where Flight Rising dragons wind up in Pyrrhia (The setting of Tui T. Sutherland's Wings of Fire series, which is severely underrated.) and just go from there.
I've tried to get one going before, but an RP where Flight Rising dragons wind up in Pyrrhia (The setting of Tui T. Sutherland's Wings of Fire series, which is severely underrated.) and just go from there.
'Why are you frowning?' -Temeraire's first words.
9PO79Ra.png kBLPNEQ.png
@LeahR95 I actually really like that idea, I would definitely join that RP.
@LeahR95 I actually really like that idea, I would definitely join that RP.
I AM - ONLINE
My Art Shop
2i1fr40.jpg