Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Free Artwork Requests
1 2
@Shadowangel I don't mind messages at all, it makes me feel a bit better actually 'cause it lets me know that people care enough to take the time to send something to me, so it's appreciated if anything!
@Shadowangel I don't mind messages at all, it makes me feel a bit better actually 'cause it lets me know that people care enough to take the time to send something to me, so it's appreciated if anything!
@FranticWolfiePup I'm glad it's not annoying you and you're fine with it, some people do though with the pings and all, though if anything bothers you please speak up.

I just call all the art program tools pen's don't worry if you use a brush ect, i'm just weird. You also do not need a drawing tablet to be an artist, it's just easier with one.

Now for the constructive criticism.

For the art style.
I do like the way you draw, it's a cartoonish style, Most of us start in this kind of style.
However if you practice it might change, unless you want to continue the cartoonish route, Everyone has their own mixed art style and what they do well at.

The only concern for this can be not having a drawing tablet for pen pressure, with the line art. it doesn't look bad, but the lines are all the same size. However, you can make artificial pen pressure when you make the actual size of the pen smaller and bigger to really define features, For example. Making the pen the second smallest size in the art program to make the smaller details of lets say a bow,
You would make the outline of the bow with a bigger pen size, then go to a smaller one to add the tiny folds on the ribbon.

The coloring and shading.
Now you seem to be doing flat colors/no shading, Which isn't a bad thing. But if you want to get into shading better and learn that, Never use pure black to shade. it come's out clunky and weird looking, i would recommend using a dark blue or purple. depending on what colors just use a dark version of it.

Also if you don't want to go that route, you can always do lineless flat color's, making them shiny too is basically the opposite of shading. I would work on shading, you're good pretty good at colors and the lines are not that bad.

Poses
You seem to do well with the hand pose, However sometimes even just a small pose make's a difference, lets say you put your hand to your hip. it could make all the difference, Though the best way to get better at them is to try different ones, they don't have to be huge ones either. Like just making a thumbs up can do wonders! (you're better at hands then i am, oof)

Also, you seem to be getting better everytime, though if you need more art tips and tricks don't hesitate to ask, this was just the thing's i got from your fursona. who is very cute! I hope this helps.
@FranticWolfiePup I'm glad it's not annoying you and you're fine with it, some people do though with the pings and all, though if anything bothers you please speak up.

I just call all the art program tools pen's don't worry if you use a brush ect, i'm just weird. You also do not need a drawing tablet to be an artist, it's just easier with one.

Now for the constructive criticism.

For the art style.
I do like the way you draw, it's a cartoonish style, Most of us start in this kind of style.
However if you practice it might change, unless you want to continue the cartoonish route, Everyone has their own mixed art style and what they do well at.

The only concern for this can be not having a drawing tablet for pen pressure, with the line art. it doesn't look bad, but the lines are all the same size. However, you can make artificial pen pressure when you make the actual size of the pen smaller and bigger to really define features, For example. Making the pen the second smallest size in the art program to make the smaller details of lets say a bow,
You would make the outline of the bow with a bigger pen size, then go to a smaller one to add the tiny folds on the ribbon.

The coloring and shading.
Now you seem to be doing flat colors/no shading, Which isn't a bad thing. But if you want to get into shading better and learn that, Never use pure black to shade. it come's out clunky and weird looking, i would recommend using a dark blue or purple. depending on what colors just use a dark version of it.

Also if you don't want to go that route, you can always do lineless flat color's, making them shiny too is basically the opposite of shading. I would work on shading, you're good pretty good at colors and the lines are not that bad.

Poses
You seem to do well with the hand pose, However sometimes even just a small pose make's a difference, lets say you put your hand to your hip. it could make all the difference, Though the best way to get better at them is to try different ones, they don't have to be huge ones either. Like just making a thumbs up can do wonders! (you're better at hands then i am, oof)

Also, you seem to be getting better everytime, though if you need more art tips and tricks don't hesitate to ask, this was just the thing's i got from your fursona. who is very cute! I hope this helps.
@FranticWolfiePup
anyone on the first page is up for art!
@FranticWolfiePup
anyone on the first page is up for art!
@aurora58002 I'll try your Pearlcatcher, Illusionist, I love how it looks, and it seems like it'll be a decent challenge, with the accessories you have on it. It'll likely take me a minute to get to yours, since I already have more requests than I was expecting, but I'll message you once I get started on yours! Thank you for requesting, feel free to check in to see if I've started it yet from time to time, which I'm prone to being a bit scatterbrained so I may forget, but I take my art seriously so it's unlikely I'll forget about requests, since I wasn't really expecting as many as I have already
@aurora58002 I'll try your Pearlcatcher, Illusionist, I love how it looks, and it seems like it'll be a decent challenge, with the accessories you have on it. It'll likely take me a minute to get to yours, since I already have more requests than I was expecting, but I'll message you once I get started on yours! Thank you for requesting, feel free to check in to see if I've started it yet from time to time, which I'm prone to being a bit scatterbrained so I may forget, but I take my art seriously so it's unlikely I'll forget about requests, since I wasn't really expecting as many as I have already
@Shadowangel Thank you so much for the criticism, I feel so humbled that you that you took the time to type out a wall of text for me, so I can't over-exaggerate how much it means to me. As for the cartoonish style, it basically comes from the fact that the first thing I started really drawing consistently was My Little Pony, so I stayed really close to the cartoonish art style, and it's basically been ingrained as the foundation of how I draw. Over time I started to add more anime influence, but a lot of the influence I've gotten has been from other furry artists. For the brush size, I mostly use the same size since I take photos of the drawings I do, import them into GIMP, and do lineart with a brush big enough to cover the pencil markings, but I probably should start using a smaller brush for details. The one for me that's been hell is shading, because I just struggle with that part in general, so I usually avoid it altogether, at least until I can get a drawing tablet. Hands are something I've spent such a long time trying to get down to a science, it honestly might just be the thing I've practiced the most, other than getting reasonable-looking chest sizes based on body weight, although a lot of the time I still screw up and put the thumb on the wrong side of the hand. If you feel like giving more art tips, even if I'm offline I always appreciate it, and thank you for offering, the criticism, the compliments, and the effort of writing out your message <3
@Shadowangel Thank you so much for the criticism, I feel so humbled that you that you took the time to type out a wall of text for me, so I can't over-exaggerate how much it means to me. As for the cartoonish style, it basically comes from the fact that the first thing I started really drawing consistently was My Little Pony, so I stayed really close to the cartoonish art style, and it's basically been ingrained as the foundation of how I draw. Over time I started to add more anime influence, but a lot of the influence I've gotten has been from other furry artists. For the brush size, I mostly use the same size since I take photos of the drawings I do, import them into GIMP, and do lineart with a brush big enough to cover the pencil markings, but I probably should start using a smaller brush for details. The one for me that's been hell is shading, because I just struggle with that part in general, so I usually avoid it altogether, at least until I can get a drawing tablet. Hands are something I've spent such a long time trying to get down to a science, it honestly might just be the thing I've practiced the most, other than getting reasonable-looking chest sizes based on body weight, although a lot of the time I still screw up and put the thumb on the wrong side of the hand. If you feel like giving more art tips, even if I'm offline I always appreciate it, and thank you for offering, the criticism, the compliments, and the effort of writing out your message <3
I have a dragon that I adore I need my lair and I enjoy seeing many different artists draw her. Could you draw Sonata when you have the time? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37856366] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/378564/37856366_350.png[/img] [/url]
I have a dragon that I adore I need my lair and I enjoy seeing many different artists draw her. Could you draw Sonata when you have the time?

37856366_350.png
KQMMLMj.png
0QBdK7N.png
@Ihaveafamily Yeah, I can. Sorry I didn't respond sooner, for some reason I wasn't notified of your post. It might take me a minute to get to your request, I'm actually behind on a few right now but I'll message you as soon as I start on it.
@Ihaveafamily Yeah, I can. Sorry I didn't respond sooner, for some reason I wasn't notified of your post. It might take me a minute to get to your request, I'm actually behind on a few right now but I'll message you as soon as I start on it.
Welcome to FR! :D you have a lovely art style, and it's always great to see some other aspiring artists out there! > I'd love something if anyone in my lair catches your eye!
Welcome to FR! :D you have a lovely art style, and it's always great to see some other aspiring artists out there! > I'd love something if anyone in my lair catches your eye!
1 2