Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Browse Dressing Room Apparel
1 2 3 4
No Support. (Unless they add pages)
If they added this then they would probably need to make pages too. Right now there are only 16 items on one page so if you were to type in 'blue' then not everything with the word blue in comes up anyway. If they were to introduce this then all the other items that are related to that colour may not show or knock off some of the other apparel that would appear if you typed in that colour as of now. It would be difficult to find the item you are actually looking for.
If they added this then they would probably need to make pages too. Right now there are only 16 items on one page so if you were to type in 'blue' then not everything with the word blue in comes up anyway. If they were to introduce this then all the other items that are related to that colour may not show or knock off some of the other apparel that would appear if you typed in that colour as of now. It would be difficult to find the item you are actually looking for.
I need a better signature
SUPPORT. This would make it a billion times easier to find apparel. I can remember what type but maybe not the exact name.

Also, colour search would be VERY useful.
SUPPORT. This would make it a billion times easier to find apparel. I can remember what type but maybe not the exact name.

Also, colour search would be VERY useful.
t88jSp8.png oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png FIND A DRAGON FORUM: If I make you an offer, please ping me either way! I would rather be told no than left hanging! Thank you! tumblr_inline_njw5iwmQUG1qg2i5p.gif
I support this. It would make putting together nice outfits a lot easier than it currently is. And I think the page idea for the items to show up on is a good idea. And the colour search that was also suggested would be another good feature to add.
I support this. It would make putting together nice outfits a lot easier than it currently is. And I think the page idea for the items to show up on is a good idea. And the colour search that was also suggested would be another good feature to add.
L1PVzvc.png
Major support. I've been wanting this since the dressing room was added, and I'm really shocked they didn't add it in with the latest QoL update for the DR. They have pages now, and it seems like it would be so incredibly easy to just make it automatically show all items within the category (wings, head, etc.) when no search term is entered, I can't understand why they didn't add it. It seems a bit ridiculous to have to use a fan made guide to browse through all the apparel, or resort to putting common letters like A and E in the pull up a large number of items at least, but that's currently all the options you have.

Fingers crossed that this feature is just on the way, and hasn't been totally forgotten in the latest updates...
Major support. I've been wanting this since the dressing room was added, and I'm really shocked they didn't add it in with the latest QoL update for the DR. They have pages now, and it seems like it would be so incredibly easy to just make it automatically show all items within the category (wings, head, etc.) when no search term is entered, I can't understand why they didn't add it. It seems a bit ridiculous to have to use a fan made guide to browse through all the apparel, or resort to putting common letters like A and E in the pull up a large number of items at least, but that's currently all the options you have.

Fingers crossed that this feature is just on the way, and hasn't been totally forgotten in the latest updates...
14ca8tj.jpg
[quote name="Ofo" date="2018-09-10 17:40:10" ] No Support. (Unless they add pages) If they added this then they would probably need to make pages too. Right now there are only 16 items on one page so if you were to type in 'blue' then not everything with the word blue in comes up anyway. If they were to introduce this then all the other items that are related to that colour may not show or knock off some of the other apparel that would appear if you typed in that colour as of now. It would be difficult to find the item you are actually looking for. [/quote] I 100% agree with this. Having only one page of results can be troublesome if you aren’t quite sure what you are looking for. In my original idea, I thought that they could solve this issue by allowing a click-through type results page similar to what it looks like when viewing apparel in your Hoard. If there isn’t enough room for all the results, there would simply be more pages. This would solve the issue of only having 16 items as the result of your search.
Ofo wrote on 2018-09-10 17:40:10:

I 100% agree with this. Having only one page of results can be troublesome if you aren’t quite sure what you are looking for. In my original idea, I thought that they could solve this issue by allowing a click-through type results page similar to what it looks like when viewing apparel in your Hoard. If there isn’t enough room for all the results, there would simply be more pages. This would solve the issue of only having 16 items as the result of your search.
Trying to be more active - FR+2
SUPPORT. SUPPORT. SUPPORT.

You don't get it, I HARDLY use the dressing room for the reason that it doesn't have a browse option and I have to hopelessly search the AH in another tab for hours just to know what I want on my dragons.

@mods PLEASE DO!
SUPPORT. SUPPORT. SUPPORT.

You don't get it, I HARDLY use the dressing room for the reason that it doesn't have a browse option and I have to hopelessly search the AH in another tab for hours just to know what I want on my dragons.

@mods PLEASE DO!
{Puppy} {FR +2} {Goat Lover} {22} {They/Them}
1566865007982.png
Support to the moon and back. I was excited when the dressing room came out and thought it would be like Sylestia's system, where you browse through it all. Naturally, I was pretty disappointed when I learned I had to know all the names, which is just impractical and a major pain for most users, especially newbies.
Support to the moon and back. I was excited when the dressing room came out and thought it would be like Sylestia's system, where you browse through it all. Naturally, I was pretty disappointed when I learned I had to know all the names, which is just impractical and a major pain for most users, especially newbies.
Please ping me if you find yourself in need of my attention. If not, chances are I'm not going to be aware that I have a response. Enjoy the rest of your hopefully lovely day c:
Hello everyone! Because the staff implement suggestions based on their design philosophy of the game, not votes, popularity, or lack thereof, some posts have been removed from this thread in accordance with the Suggestions Forum Policy:

Quote:
The Suggestions Forum is a discussion forum, not a petition forum. Replies may not have ONLY the following in them:
Support
No support
Quoting another post
Quoting another post with ONLY support/no support

Thank you!
Hello everyone! Because the staff implement suggestions based on their design philosophy of the game, not votes, popularity, or lack thereof, some posts have been removed from this thread in accordance with the Suggestions Forum Policy:

Quote:
The Suggestions Forum is a discussion forum, not a petition forum. Replies may not have ONLY the following in them:
Support
No support
Quoting another post
Quoting another post with ONLY support/no support

Thank you!
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
@JCStitches Thanks for keeping everything concise! It makes it much easier to see the wonderful suggestions everyone has made!
@JCStitches Thanks for keeping everything concise! It makes it much easier to see the wonderful suggestions everyone has made!
Trying to be more active - FR+2
EDIT: Looks like staff quietly went and fixed it so that you can now browse all the apparel within a category! Still can't browse all apparel within all categories, but personally I'm 100% ok with that. Staff, you guys rock!

Update to my previous post:
What seems even more absurd to me is that, after looking at the source code of the page and playing around in the browser's inspector tools, all the functionality to browse all the apparel is already there. The page is specifically coded not to give any apparel results if the search query is blank, but if you work around that small bit of code and manage to search the apparel with an empty string, it returns all items in that category; Exactly what you would need to be able to browse.

For the life of me I can't understand why they disallowed this in the original implementation, since the functionality was already there. Perhaps a carry-over from the previous page-less system, where only a few items could be shown? Regardless, I sincerely hope this restriction is lifted. Outfit planning would be so much easier.
EDIT: Looks like staff quietly went and fixed it so that you can now browse all the apparel within a category! Still can't browse all apparel within all categories, but personally I'm 100% ok with that. Staff, you guys rock!

Update to my previous post:
What seems even more absurd to me is that, after looking at the source code of the page and playing around in the browser's inspector tools, all the functionality to browse all the apparel is already there. The page is specifically coded not to give any apparel results if the search query is blank, but if you work around that small bit of code and manage to search the apparel with an empty string, it returns all items in that category; Exactly what you would need to be able to browse.

For the life of me I can't understand why they disallowed this in the original implementation, since the functionality was already there. Perhaps a carry-over from the previous page-less system, where only a few items could be shown? Regardless, I sincerely hope this restriction is lifted. Outfit planning would be so much easier.
14ca8tj.jpg
1 2 3 4