Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | option to disable baldwin notification
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
That's why a toggle is great. It harms no one. Those who enjoy the notifications and find them helpful can continue to use them. Those who don't can disable them. And, if it's anything like Subeta's notification system, players could pick exactly which times they get an alert...so someone who needs the 30 minute material alert could activate then whereas someone else might only need it for the end of a prismatic token.
That's why a toggle is great. It harms no one. Those who enjoy the notifications and find them helpful can continue to use them. Those who don't can disable them. And, if it's anything like Subeta's notification system, players could pick exactly which times they get an alert...so someone who needs the 30 minute material alert could activate then whereas someone else might only need it for the end of a prismatic token.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I'd love a toggle! Sometimes I don't want to make anything because I don't want to be pinged.

It's like voice mail. I don't want it either!
I'd love a toggle! Sometimes I don't want to make anything because I don't want to be pinged.

It's like voice mail. I don't want it either!
Came back to this thread and can definitely agree with the couple others who've said they're done brewing until a toggle is added. I've brewed maybe three things since the update and the ping is so gosh darn annoying that I just stopped. Not worth being spammed when I manage threads that I need to know when I get pinged on.
Came back to this thread and can definitely agree with the couple others who've said they're done brewing until a toggle is added. I've brewed maybe three things since the update and the ping is so gosh darn annoying that I just stopped. Not worth being spammed when I manage threads that I need to know when I get pinged on.
Click me for art examples! Always taking dragon commissions!!
I agree that this is site-sanctioned spam.

One thing I noticed now, if I get several alerts at once, like when I'm offline for the night or something...I have two alerts, usually the AH or Baldwin. If I go to one, the other alert disappears...so in effect, the second alert is useless because I have to click around the long way and remember to go there after brewing. Am I making sense?

It's just too many unneeded alerts. And having them look like a warning sign doesn't help.

(Plus it's taking me right back to the harassment from a year or so back, and I don't have good feeling associated with seeing multiple alerts while I'm offline.)

Long story short: toggle please.
I agree that this is site-sanctioned spam.

One thing I noticed now, if I get several alerts at once, like when I'm offline for the night or something...I have two alerts, usually the AH or Baldwin. If I go to one, the other alert disappears...so in effect, the second alert is useless because I have to click around the long way and remember to go there after brewing. Am I making sense?

It's just too many unneeded alerts. And having them look like a warning sign doesn't help.

(Plus it's taking me right back to the harassment from a year or so back, and I don't have good feeling associated with seeing multiple alerts while I'm offline.)

Long story short: toggle please.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I’ve always felt that Baldwin should have their alerts in a different place, like to replace the spot of the friend icon alert (friend alert could just be a normal ping for all I care).

I agree to a toggle, but I don’t really mind getting an alert/ping from Baldwin every half hour.
I’ve always felt that Baldwin should have their alerts in a different place, like to replace the spot of the friend icon alert (friend alert could just be a normal ping for all I care).

I agree to a toggle, but I don’t really mind getting an alert/ping from Baldwin every half hour.
arkantos_signature_by_sludgy_by_sludgy-dben8lb.png
But toggles could help with that too. Once the staff codes toggles into alerts, people could choose to enable or disable everything: friend alerts, forum pings, AH alerts...It would be much more adaptable and great QoL all around.
But toggles could help with that too. Once the staff codes toggles into alerts, people could choose to enable or disable everything: friend alerts, forum pings, AH alerts...It would be much more adaptable and great QoL all around.
Pings are disabled.

it's been more than ten (?) days since the update came out and...i'm still annoyed by it, but not as much. i guess like the eye update some people were super unhappy about it but ended up giving up protesting it and begrudgingly got 'used' to it :/ i still think it's a ping for something sometimes but keeping an eye on it helps.

i still want to turn it off though or at least see a color/icon change if they want to keep the ping so bad. but i don't think they will because despite tons of people wanting scatterlights to come back they been silent on that...so.
it's been more than ten (?) days since the update came out and...i'm still annoyed by it, but not as much. i guess like the eye update some people were super unhappy about it but ended up giving up protesting it and begrudgingly got 'used' to it :/ i still think it's a ping for something sometimes but keeping an eye on it helps.

i still want to turn it off though or at least see a color/icon change if they want to keep the ping so bad. but i don't think they will because despite tons of people wanting scatterlights to come back they been silent on that...so.
A lot of people just "don't get used to it." They give up shouting at the sky, hoping for change. But that doesn't mean they like Baldwin alerts/new eyes/whatever. And considering that eye suggestions have been on page one since the anniversary, it doesn't look like people are going to let that one go.

I keep finding it more cumbersome as I'll get two alerts--AH and Baldwin. Whichever one I go to causes both alerts to vanish. So they're not effective as one will get negated.

Not to mention I don't like alerts in general. I feel like I'm being nagged, and it takes me back to certain instances of harassment--those are feelings I do not want to relive.
A lot of people just "don't get used to it." They give up shouting at the sky, hoping for change. But that doesn't mean they like Baldwin alerts/new eyes/whatever. And considering that eye suggestions have been on page one since the anniversary, it doesn't look like people are going to let that one go.

I keep finding it more cumbersome as I'll get two alerts--AH and Baldwin. Whichever one I go to causes both alerts to vanish. So they're not effective as one will get negated.

Not to mention I don't like alerts in general. I feel like I'm being nagged, and it takes me back to certain instances of harassment--those are feelings I do not want to relive.
Pings are disabled.

i never, ever said or meant the first part. i know people got tired of talking about it. it's starting to be the same with the alerts, hence why i made the connection, lol. some people are getting used to the alerts...note that i said "some".

edit: and i think don't people will let go of the eye update either, and i hope we don't. the prices for them are getting ridiculous and it sucks.
i never, ever said or meant the first part. i know people got tired of talking about it. it's starting to be the same with the alerts, hence why i made the connection, lol. some people are getting used to the alerts...note that i said "some".

edit: and i think don't people will let go of the eye update either, and i hope we don't. the prices for them are getting ridiculous and it sucks.
[quote name="Psycho" date="2018-09-17 13:37:35" ] i never, ever said or meant the first part. i know people got tired of talking about it. it's starting to be the same with the alerts, hence why i made the connection, lol. some people are getting used to the alerts...note that i said "some". edit: and i think don't people will let go of the eye update either, and i hope we don't. the prices for them are getting ridiculous and it sucks. [/quote] I think the main difference between this one and the eye update is at least we have a solid reason why a toggle isn't doable at this moment in time. Many players are STILL questioning the true motives for the eye update, and with that, even knowing the motives don't really help. I still suppport a toggle, and over all, a complete overhaul to the notifications system, preferably to be add in privacy options that many players have been asking for for years.
Psycho wrote on 2018-09-17 13:37:35:

I think the main difference between this one and the eye update is at least we have a solid reason why a toggle isn't doable at this moment in time.

Many players are STILL questioning the true motives for the eye update, and with that, even knowing the motives don't really help.

I still suppport a toggle, and over all, a complete overhaul to the notifications system, preferably to be add in privacy options that many players have been asking for for years.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12