Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | option to disable baldwin notification
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12
[quote name="Hawkfeather" date="2018-09-06 23:13:55" ] [img]https://i.imgur.com/gT3UqZF.png[/img] Mentioned it earlier in the thread, but now with example (and horribly quick hue shifted colors). Something like this would go a long way towards making it less annoying for me. If your only notification is the special baldwin notification, give it a different color [/quote] This would 100% be a viable alternative to a toggle for me. Support.
Hawkfeather wrote on 2018-09-06 23:13:55:
gT3UqZF.png

Mentioned it earlier in the thread, but now with example (and horribly quick hue shifted colors). Something like this would go a long way towards making it less annoying for me. If your only notification is the special baldwin notification, give it a different color
This would 100% be a viable alternative to a toggle for me. Support.
o.pngo.pngo.pngo.pngo.pngo.png yCzY.png
Occasionally on unannounced/unplanned hiatus. See profile for Discord to contact off-site if needed for art reasons.
WBnypko.png

GaBLRrs.png

That is better. Although I would love to see the exclamation triangle be something else entirely. I think that's what does me in because (as I've said before) I've seen that icon used in negative ways before.

I think giving icons a nice face lift would fit in very well with site themes, and I hope FR eventually gets around to rolling those out. We need a night mode. We need some cool-colored themes. As it is now, a lot of the colors are very loud. Red everywhere, bright orange every time you get an alert. Can we have something more subdued?

I mean, I would prefer a toggle because this really is just spam. But making everything not so "notice me!!!" would help a little.
That is better. Although I would love to see the exclamation triangle be something else entirely. I think that's what does me in because (as I've said before) I've seen that icon used in negative ways before.

I think giving icons a nice face lift would fit in very well with site themes, and I hope FR eventually gets around to rolling those out. We need a night mode. We need some cool-colored themes. As it is now, a lot of the colors are very loud. Red everywhere, bright orange every time you get an alert. Can we have something more subdued?

I mean, I would prefer a toggle because this really is just spam. But making everything not so "notice me!!!" would help a little.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="Hawkfeather" date="2018-09-06 23:13:55" ] [img]https://i.imgur.com/gT3UqZF.png[/img] Mentioned it earlier in the thread, but now with example (and horribly quick hue shifted colors). Something like this would go a long way towards making it less annoying for me. If your only notification is the special baldwin notification, give it a different color [/quote] This is also a very good alternative. I could instantly tell it's Baldwin and not a ping/sold item, so there wouldn't be that "oh, it's just a brew" disappointment. Since coding a toggle is apparently too hard, this certainly sounds like a simpler thing to implement.
Hawkfeather wrote on 2018-09-06 23:13:55:
gT3UqZF.png

Mentioned it earlier in the thread, but now with example (and horribly quick hue shifted colors). Something like this would go a long way towards making it less annoying for me. If your only notification is the special baldwin notification, give it a different color

This is also a very good alternative. I could instantly tell it's Baldwin and not a ping/sold item, so there wouldn't be that "oh, it's just a brew" disappointment. Since coding a toggle is apparently too hard, this certainly sounds like a simpler thing to implement.
NTCq9zE.png
yes, please. i have an art shop and anytime i see the notification i assume it's someone pinging me. at least change the colors or icon, like hawkfeather's edit.

people are saying "then stop brewing" and that's...not really fair? a lot of people make money from baldwin and it kind of sucks that some of us have to stop to avoid getting pinged. i just want a toggle but another graphic specifically for it would be fine.
yes, please. i have an art shop and anytime i see the notification i assume it's someone pinging me. at least change the colors or icon, like hawkfeather's edit.

people are saying "then stop brewing" and that's...not really fair? a lot of people make money from baldwin and it kind of sucks that some of us have to stop to avoid getting pinged. i just want a toggle but another graphic specifically for it would be fine.
Agreed, more control over notifications in general would be nice, but please at least stop the baldwin notifications.
Agreed, more control over notifications in general would be nice, but please at least stop the baldwin notifications.
6UvQBco.png
[quote]a lot of people make money from baldwin and it kind of sucks that some of us have to stop to avoid getting pinged. [/quote] Also, a lot of holidays items and limited time items are available through Baldwin--and sometimes only through Baldwin. I don't think it's fair we have to wade through spam to enjoy those events.
Quote:
a lot of people make money from baldwin and it kind of sucks that some of us have to stop to avoid getting pinged.

Also, a lot of holidays items and limited time items are available through Baldwin--and sometimes only through Baldwin. I don't think it's fair we have to wade through spam to enjoy those events.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I agree with the OP.

The new Baldwin notifications (while a nice idea) are something I'd love to be able to disable. They're going to occur so frequently that I fear I will accidentally overlook or ignore notifications I actually care about and need to see like crossroads trades or profile comments.
I agree with the OP.

The new Baldwin notifications (while a nice idea) are something I'd love to be able to disable. They're going to occur so frequently that I fear I will accidentally overlook or ignore notifications I actually care about and need to see like crossroads trades or profile comments.
I agree with a lot of the comments. Ideally I'd like to be able to turn off the Baldwin notifications entirely, but if that's not currently feasible, at least make them show up in a different slot like in DeadBattery's mock up or show up as a different color when it's the only notification.

I agree with a lot of the comments. Ideally I'd like to be able to turn off the Baldwin notifications entirely, but if that's not currently feasible, at least make them show up in a different slot like in DeadBattery's mock up or show up as a different color when it's the only notification.

tumblr_ozv0t5BgDr1skn50no1_500.png
While I like the idea of a color change or a separate notification area for Baldwin alerts, I'm much more supportive of a toggle. I've had a tab in my browser just for Baldwin for almost as long as he's been around, so I'm in the habit of checking to see if he's ready to brew something else. I don't need a ping to remind me. It distracts me from pings I need to address.

It's odd to me that they would implement something like this, considering the alert system was originally overhauled due to it being overwhelmingly AH spam. AH notifs aren't nearly as bad now, especially since you can have one notif for multiple items that need to be addressed. Most of the time, Baldwin is sending out pings every 30 minutes and it's going to remain that way unless you can brew for multiple ingredients at a time.

A toggle feature for notifications would also be helpful in the long run, so I think it'd be worth taking the time to work on.
While I like the idea of a color change or a separate notification area for Baldwin alerts, I'm much more supportive of a toggle. I've had a tab in my browser just for Baldwin for almost as long as he's been around, so I'm in the habit of checking to see if he's ready to brew something else. I don't need a ping to remind me. It distracts me from pings I need to address.

It's odd to me that they would implement something like this, considering the alert system was originally overhauled due to it being overwhelmingly AH spam. AH notifs aren't nearly as bad now, especially since you can have one notif for multiple items that need to be addressed. Most of the time, Baldwin is sending out pings every 30 minutes and it's going to remain that way unless you can brew for multiple ingredients at a time.

A toggle feature for notifications would also be helpful in the long run, so I think it'd be worth taking the time to work on.
signature_fr_solaritude_by_vampireselene13-d99we3p.png
I like the Baldwin notifications, and would ignore a toggle option entirely. That said, I support there being an option for people who actually do want it, since not everyone plays the game the same way.
I like the Baldwin notifications, and would ignore a toggle option entirely. That said, I support there being an option for people who actually do want it, since not everyone plays the game the same way.
1Zfjqw6.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12