Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Point Of Writing?
1 2 3
It makes fancy dragons more fancy. :)
It makes fancy dragons more fancy. :)
qDavPTk.png
A creative outlet, mostly. I don't write much (because why be productive when being lazy is so much easier?), but it is also really satisfying to not see a sad, empty box under the dragon any longer
A creative outlet, mostly. I don't write much (because why be productive when being lazy is so much easier?), but it is also really satisfying to not see a sad, empty box under the dragon any longer
8mIb4Hl.gif
I started to a few times but something about the format just makes it unappealing. Dragons come and go, if I'm going to write anything I'd rather it be about the clan as a whole. I have a loose continuity for in my head which has lasted throughout all the purges and aesthetic changes but there's not much point in writing it anywhere.

If the text box on the lair page wasn't so ridiculously tiny or we had some kind of journal or blog tab I'd probably put more effort in.
I started to a few times but something about the format just makes it unappealing. Dragons come and go, if I'm going to write anything I'd rather it be about the clan as a whole. I have a loose continuity for in my head which has lasted throughout all the purges and aesthetic changes but there's not much point in writing it anywhere.

If the text box on the lair page wasn't so ridiculously tiny or we had some kind of journal or blog tab I'd probably put more effort in.
@Szora

From my experience, people don't read stories anyways. A blog tab would be nice!
@Szora

From my experience, people don't read stories anyways. A blog tab would be nice!
“Gently my mind escapes into the relaxing mode of pleasure.
A pleasure that will take my mind off the reality of life."
--Slipknot
I like writing for my dragons to make my dragons seem more life-like. Helps me get more attached to them too.
I like writing for my dragons to make my dragons seem more life-like. Helps me get more attached to them too.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
[quote name="AlbinoDiamond" date="2018-09-01 16:18:12" ] Pixel dragons seem more alive when you give 'em stories [/quote] This is the reason I want to write lore for my dergs. Besides, it's just fun to come up with a world and a story. Although the FR world in general is already defined, I can still make up the details and introduce pieces of headcanon so it feels more personal, more mine.
AlbinoDiamond wrote on 2018-09-01 16:18:12:
Pixel dragons seem more alive when you give 'em stories
This is the reason I want to write lore for my dergs.
Besides, it's just fun to come up with a world and a story. Although the FR world in general is already defined, I can still make up the details and introduce pieces of headcanon so it feels more personal, more mine.
it's such fun that's why
it's such fun that's why
cowfish.gif
I love world-building and crafting stories around my dragons. I've been creating stories since childhood, and it's a great outlet for me. :> Plus, giving my dragons personality makes them mean so much more in my eyes.

Also - I read the lore of others quite often, and I've built some friendships that way! 0:
I love world-building and crafting stories around my dragons. I've been creating stories since childhood, and it's a great outlet for me. :> Plus, giving my dragons personality makes them mean so much more in my eyes.

Also - I read the lore of others quite often, and I've built some friendships that way! 0:
maia_by_pupmew-dck1zsl.pngyzwcqYt.png
[quote name="AlbinoDiamond" date="2018-09-01 16:18:12" ] Pixel dragons seem more alive when you give 'em stories [/quote] This is why I do it. Sometimes I just get an idea in my head and it has to come out. Breathing life into the dragons just feels good. But also, doing it for others is profitable.
AlbinoDiamond wrote on 2018-09-01 16:18:12:
Pixel dragons seem more alive when you give 'em stories

This is why I do it. Sometimes I just get an idea in my head and it has to come out. Breathing life into the dragons just feels good.

But also, doing it for others is profitable.
ucjMnrX.pngliXoQQI.png6m2ResQ.pngexUrsEs.pngQZ9hjwp.pngtR4K16W.pngNN0BWGl.pngkBpCOnb.pngaL21n5x.png9Ul81xi.png7GFlGJN.pngqKZAaLK.png
7T1GlRm.png
I can’t imagine not doing it.
My only reason to actually play this game is so I can create characters and stories limited by the game.
I can’t imagine not doing it.
My only reason to actually play this game is so I can create characters and stories limited by the game.
I hope you're having a great day•buy the pretty dragon
1 2 3