Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Roundsey's Raffle Roulette
1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 109 110
What happens when the tickets bought exceed 999,999? Considering we are halfway there (ooh) within the first few hours of Roundsey's launch.
What happens when the tickets bought exceed 999,999? Considering we are halfway there (ooh) within the first few hours of Roundsey's launch.
tumblr_inline_n9v718A0zU1qimaz8.png
[quote name="Leannaa" date="2018-08-22 09:29:43" ] @Xhaztol How do people donate to the Raffle? Send items to the Admins? [/quote] For the time being, Kickstarter items are only being considered for the raffle if being [b]requisitioned from the development team's personal play accounts and those of our close friends and family[/b] who don't want them anymore. [b]REPEAT[/b]: Please do not mail your items to the dev team! :)
Leannaa wrote on 2018-08-22 09:29:43:
@Xhaztol How do people donate to the Raffle? Send items to the Admins?

For the time being, Kickstarter items are only being considered for the raffle if being requisitioned from the development team's personal play accounts and those of our close friends and family who don't want them anymore.

REPEAT: Please do not mail your items to the dev team! :)
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
im so excited!!!! i love her design!!
im so excited!!!! i love her design!!
Oh my! A triple gen one!
Oh my! A triple gen one!
____________ iS24ah4.png
» roule | he / they • +0 fr time «
g1 collector • pixel artist
feel free to PM me about anything!

mediocre pixels (closed)
wishlist
551Emv8.png
[quote name="SpaceRobotWifi" date="2018-08-22 09:11:58" ] [quote name="Marverde" date="2018-08-22 07:42:09" ] [quote name="Kysska" date="2018-08-22 07:27:38" ] [quote name="viktoor" date="2018-08-22 06:11:08" ] still think there should be a limit on the amount of tickets you can buy rich players gonna win everything and make them more rich lol [/quote] Yeah I'm a little disappointed there isn't a limit. It doesn't seem fair to new or poorer players. It makes me feel like why even bother entering? [/quote] I agree. A cap is needed to keep it fair - the rich get richer by vomiting their money into it and absolutely drown out the chance of anyone else getting something. Not everyone can pour their time and hard earned money into this game but hey that's just my opinion ¯\_(owo)_/¯ [/quote] This exactly. I am...thoroughly disappointed that despite outcry from a good portion of users, that a cap hasn't been implemented. This system clearly favors the richer accounts that will no doubt turn around and sell their spoils for even more money to drown out others' chances of winning week by week. Those of us that don't make millions just want a little something special, yanno? [/quote] If richer accounts wanted these items.... they would just buy them and not spend more than they are worth at a [i]chance[/i] at getting them
SpaceRobotWifi wrote on 2018-08-22 09:11:58:
Marverde wrote on 2018-08-22 07:42:09:
Kysska wrote on 2018-08-22 07:27:38:
viktoor wrote on 2018-08-22 06:11:08:
still think there should be a limit on the amount of tickets you can buy

rich players gonna win everything and make them more rich lol
Yeah I'm a little disappointed there isn't a limit. It doesn't seem fair to new or poorer players. It makes me feel like why even bother entering?

I agree. A cap is needed to keep it fair - the rich get richer by vomiting their money into it and absolutely drown out the chance of anyone else getting something. Not everyone can pour their time and hard earned money into this game but hey that's just my opinion ¯\_(owo)_/¯

This exactly. I am...thoroughly disappointed that despite outcry from a good portion of users, that a cap hasn't been implemented. This system clearly favors the richer accounts that will no doubt turn around and sell their spoils for even more money to drown out others' chances of winning week by week. Those of us that don't make millions just want a little something special, yanno?

If richer accounts wanted these items.... they would just buy them and not spend more than they are worth at a chance at getting them
2YPv3wq.png
I personally think it would be awful if the gen one's won from Roundsey were bound to an account. It wouldn't mess up the economy to have them available for sale much more than any other rare gen 1. The market fluctuates wildly anyway. And if you happened to win one that didn't fit in your lair it would be a shame to not be able to sell or trade it to someone who would appreciate it more. *shrug*

I personally think it would be awful if the gen one's won from Roundsey were bound to an account. It wouldn't mess up the economy to have them available for sale much more than any other rare gen 1. The market fluctuates wildly anyway. And if you happened to win one that didn't fit in your lair it would be a shame to not be able to sell or trade it to someone who would appreciate it more. *shrug*

[quote name="Leannaa" date="2018-08-22 09:29:43" ] @Xhaztol How do people donate to the Raffle? Send items to the Admins? [/quote] @Leannaa, items donated will only be accepted if they are from either team member private accounts or friends and family.
Leannaa wrote on 2018-08-22 09:29:43:
@Xhaztol How do people donate to the Raffle? Send items to the Admins?

@Leannaa, items donated will only be accepted if they are from either team member private accounts or friends and family.
I'll say, these prizes are probably really nice this raffle since it's the first one, kind of like a celebration to get people immediately excited and engaged. I'm sure future raffles will have prizes that are a little more mundane, where a lot of users will think "eh, I don't want/need those, I'll sit this one out"

I don't think this particular raffle reflects how all of them will be- I'm assuming they won't all have brand-new gem genes and XXX gen 1s, for example. So when we consider Roundsey's impact on the economy/AH/market/etc, I think we should also consider that most raffles likely won't be as extravangant. At least that's what I would think!

I could be wrong, maybe they'll throw out expensive sexy goodies every week. Who knows
I'll say, these prizes are probably really nice this raffle since it's the first one, kind of like a celebration to get people immediately excited and engaged. I'm sure future raffles will have prizes that are a little more mundane, where a lot of users will think "eh, I don't want/need those, I'll sit this one out"

I don't think this particular raffle reflects how all of them will be- I'm assuming they won't all have brand-new gem genes and XXX gen 1s, for example. So when we consider Roundsey's impact on the economy/AH/market/etc, I think we should also consider that most raffles likely won't be as extravangant. At least that's what I would think!

I could be wrong, maybe they'll throw out expensive sexy goodies every week. Who knows
tumblr_pvk94uYqSJ1tq8ghao5_500.png
Pool/Neen • She/Her • Avatar
Very exciting!
Very exciting!
I've been on this site for over two years and yet have to figure out the economy on this site. Especially with older and rarer stuff I feel like the items don't have a real/fixed value. All auctions expire at once and all off a sudden the item costs a few hundred gems more or less even a few thousand gems, depending on the item.

Also the g:t ratio changes from time to time for no obvious reason (at least it's not obvious to me). As long as there are such big and arbitrary fluctuations I really don't mind a few valuable items/dragons being cycled in. If there's one XXX gen 1 dragon every now and then I really don't see how it would affect the economy any more than all the other factors. Especially since it's completely by chance how many XXX Gen1 dragons there are on the site.
I've been on this site for over two years and yet have to figure out the economy on this site. Especially with older and rarer stuff I feel like the items don't have a real/fixed value. All auctions expire at once and all off a sudden the item costs a few hundred gems more or less even a few thousand gems, depending on the item.

Also the g:t ratio changes from time to time for no obvious reason (at least it's not obvious to me). As long as there are such big and arbitrary fluctuations I really don't mind a few valuable items/dragons being cycled in. If there's one XXX gen 1 dragon every now and then I really don't see how it would affect the economy any more than all the other factors. Especially since it's completely by chance how many XXX Gen1 dragons there are on the site.
heEdE34.pngeO3BVs7.png
1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 109 110