Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Facet Eye Head Canon!
Whenever I look at dragons with Facet eyes I always imagine that their eyesight is pretty poor or they might be completely blind. Maybe when a dragon hatches with Facet they will be assigned a 'Seeing eye buddy' for their days as a hatching. To help them figure out the lair and stuff, and to be a friend, and then once they grow up into a dragon they can choose to become more independent or continue using whatever help they need from the dragon/friend that was assigned to them.

I imagine the 'Seeing eye buddy' would be around the same age as them, from a nest that hatched around the same time as theirs. Or they could be older, like a Den-Mother, Elder, Healer or sibling.
Whenever I look at dragons with Facet eyes I always imagine that their eyesight is pretty poor or they might be completely blind. Maybe when a dragon hatches with Facet they will be assigned a 'Seeing eye buddy' for their days as a hatching. To help them figure out the lair and stuff, and to be a friend, and then once they grow up into a dragon they can choose to become more independent or continue using whatever help they need from the dragon/friend that was assigned to them.

I imagine the 'Seeing eye buddy' would be around the same age as them, from a nest that hatched around the same time as theirs. Or they could be older, like a Den-Mother, Elder, Healer or sibling.
m59NfS2.png
@Slenderkitty
That sounds really interesting! When I first saw the multi-faceted eyes I imagined these dragons seeing like a fly does(but appropriate to the style of eye FR has designed) and that they get a buddy because seeing like this can be hard until they get used to it and learn how to manage it.
@Slenderkitty
That sounds really interesting! When I first saw the multi-faceted eyes I imagined these dragons seeing like a fly does(but appropriate to the style of eye FR has designed) and that they get a buddy because seeing like this can be hard until they get used to it and learn how to manage it.
tumblr_ozp7mdeVwC1w8xkufo3_250.pngvjO547Q.png
@super0capybara I've recently come back from a hiatus and didn't even notice the new eye types till I saw people kept going on about them, and even then I didn't really pay much attention to them till I got my multi girl Diana. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43747954] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/437480/43747954_350.png[/img] [/url] Who I decided would be an Oracle, with the idea that she could see normally with her main pair of eyes, and then the extra ones could each see into a different flight? But, the idea for the Facet eyes came recently when I was looking at buying a dragon to be a companion for Diana. That's what I was thinking! The buddies don't have to be a permanent thing, just until the dragon figures out how to manage with their disability. I imagine their depth perception is terrible, maybe colorblind too? God, learning how to fly would be a nightmare. As hatching they probably bump and run into everything, and are super clumsy.
@super0capybara

I've recently come back from a hiatus and didn't even notice the new eye types till I saw people kept going on about them, and even then I didn't really pay much attention to them till I got my multi girl Diana.

43747954_350.png

Who I decided would be an Oracle, with the idea that she could see normally with her main pair of eyes, and then the extra ones could each see into a different flight?

But, the idea for the Facet eyes came recently when I was looking at buying a dragon to be a companion for Diana.

That's what I was thinking! The buddies don't have to be a permanent thing, just until the dragon figures out how to manage with their disability. I imagine their depth perception is terrible, maybe colorblind too? God, learning how to fly would be a nightmare. As hatching they probably bump and run into everything, and are super clumsy.
m59NfS2.png
What if-

What if--

What if multi gaze dragons were facet dragons' seeing eye buddies
What if-

What if--

What if multi gaze dragons were facet dragons' seeing eye buddies
Huge old dragon purge here. All under 2mil ID digits (T/G) accepted. 6 digits, leveled dragons, earth dragons, old coatls, unbreds, xxy, etc all for sale please make offers
@Cruelty

Yeah! Plus I don't think it's all too easy for multi's to see when they're younger as well. With all those eyes it would probably pretty disorientating at times.
@Cruelty

Yeah! Plus I don't think it's all too easy for multi's to see when they're younger as well. With all those eyes it would probably pretty disorientating at times.
m59NfS2.png
@Slenderkitty
There is often a lore role of hatchling caretaker in a clan, especially one with lots of hatching nests. Maybe this role would expand into finding pairs and connecting older and younger dragons with faceted or multi-gaze and apprentice them to each other. Not only that but also to teach them how to not be as disoriented during their first few days of life.
@Slenderkitty
There is often a lore role of hatchling caretaker in a clan, especially one with lots of hatching nests. Maybe this role would expand into finding pairs and connecting older and younger dragons with faceted or multi-gaze and apprentice them to each other. Not only that but also to teach them how to not be as disoriented during their first few days of life.
tumblr_ozp7mdeVwC1w8xkufo3_250.pngvjO547Q.png