Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Talk to meh about Skyrim :3
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Someone say Skyrim? :D

I recently restarted my main character (or oldest character i guess?) because I wanted to do things differently and because why not, a khajiit thief (gotta steal those cheese rolls just sitting around)

Since you can level forever I've been trying to add in magic instead of just a bow and swords/dagger and recently discovered the cloak spells look cool and so do the top destruction spells which I really want to get to being able to cast. I do like the Dark Brotherhood quests so definitely doing those again.

Haven't gotten too far yet since starting the new game but I'm still excited :D

Edit: I actually have a few Skyrim-themed dragons in my lair! They're closer to the back from how I organized my lair by colour
Someone say Skyrim? :D

I recently restarted my main character (or oldest character i guess?) because I wanted to do things differently and because why not, a khajiit thief (gotta steal those cheese rolls just sitting around)

Since you can level forever I've been trying to add in magic instead of just a bow and swords/dagger and recently discovered the cloak spells look cool and so do the top destruction spells which I really want to get to being able to cast. I do like the Dark Brotherhood quests so definitely doing those again.

Haven't gotten too far yet since starting the new game but I'm still excited :D

Edit: I actually have a few Skyrim-themed dragons in my lair! They're closer to the back from how I organized my lair by colour
z0HlerP.png8U8FN9o.gif
@Thorn
Ouch. I can't imagine how frustrating that was.

A permadeath run is an interesting idea though! I don't think I'd have the self control to do it, like if I did something like that or lost a character I'd been playing for 20 hours I'd reload. That just sounds really painful.

I've been playing Oblivion lately (I hadn't touched it since before Skyrim came out, it's been like 9 years) and am trying to RP it from the perspective that the character doesn't have a magical reload button, so he behaves like someone who can die. And I use a lot of mods for both Oblivion and Skyrim that make the games harder, so my poor altmer spellsword spends like half his life running away crying.
@Thorn
Ouch. I can't imagine how frustrating that was.

A permadeath run is an interesting idea though! I don't think I'd have the self control to do it, like if I did something like that or lost a character I'd been playing for 20 hours I'd reload. That just sounds really painful.

I've been playing Oblivion lately (I hadn't touched it since before Skyrim came out, it's been like 9 years) and am trying to RP it from the perspective that the character doesn't have a magical reload button, so he behaves like someone who can die. And I use a lot of mods for both Oblivion and Skyrim that make the games harder, so my poor altmer spellsword spends like half his life running away crying.
Literally my favorite game ever. I've played it through so many times I lost count :D
Literally my favorite game ever. I've played it through so many times I lost count :D
arcane.png arcanef2.png xxxxxx xxxxxx tumblr_inline_nb1ke8JYzw1qg78ij.png tumblr_inline_ofoo1dQtUR1tfmvub_100.png
-yeets in-

Good lord I've spent too much time in this game. Over 120 hours in one save.

I'm currently going for all hte acheivements and I need to kill the Ebony Warrior.
Doing a whole lotta muffle to get my Illusion up and legendary it over and over again.

Also, Chillrend is the best sword.
-yeets in-

Good lord I've spent too much time in this game. Over 120 hours in one save.

I'm currently going for all hte acheivements and I need to kill the Ebony Warrior.
Doing a whole lotta muffle to get my Illusion up and legendary it over and over again.

Also, Chillrend is the best sword.
Wxlfiez
they/them | FRT + 3 | Wishlist
11-Headed Primal Emperor Quest
__________________________________ wolfies_shop_sig_button.png
Ohh I love Skyrim!I spent way too many hours in it...

I'm usually a bosmer archer/assassin/conjurer. I wanted to play a dark elf mage once but didn't managed fighting with destruction spells as I never had enough magicka so I gave up. Still kind of want to learn it though.

One time during the Dragonborn DLC quests I found a spell tome for summoning a seeker and I used that ever since, because I just love my creepy pet tentacle monster. It was quite funny when I accidently summoned one in the middle of a town and all the NPC's around me just went like 'Stay away, that looks dangerous!'

And then there was that time I managed to have three dogs in my home and they started knocking everything over while my husband and our adopted children started shouting 'Stupid dog!' at them constantly as if that would clean up the mess.

I played without mods most time but then started to try some. I now use quite a lot of them but they are all lore friendly and supposed to make the game more realistic. Like, I'll now freeze to death when swimmin too long in icy water, diseases actually start to cause serious trouble when not treated quickly and so on. I also found one to make the dragon shouts more useful without making them too strong.

Allthough I don't play Skyrim that much anymore, need a break I guess. It's mostly Elder Scrolls Online for me right now and I recently started Morrowind but I kind of avoided the main quest so far because I roughly know what happens in the end and... well... As far as I understand I kill the bad guy, yes, but I also completely destroy dunmer culture, am partly responsible for their homeland being destroyed as well (okay that's not my fault but I can't do anything about it) and then I also have to watch my favorite character die. Why :(
Ohh I love Skyrim!I spent way too many hours in it...

I'm usually a bosmer archer/assassin/conjurer. I wanted to play a dark elf mage once but didn't managed fighting with destruction spells as I never had enough magicka so I gave up. Still kind of want to learn it though.

One time during the Dragonborn DLC quests I found a spell tome for summoning a seeker and I used that ever since, because I just love my creepy pet tentacle monster. It was quite funny when I accidently summoned one in the middle of a town and all the NPC's around me just went like 'Stay away, that looks dangerous!'

And then there was that time I managed to have three dogs in my home and they started knocking everything over while my husband and our adopted children started shouting 'Stupid dog!' at them constantly as if that would clean up the mess.

I played without mods most time but then started to try some. I now use quite a lot of them but they are all lore friendly and supposed to make the game more realistic. Like, I'll now freeze to death when swimmin too long in icy water, diseases actually start to cause serious trouble when not treated quickly and so on. I also found one to make the dragon shouts more useful without making them too strong.

Allthough I don't play Skyrim that much anymore, need a break I guess. It's mostly Elder Scrolls Online for me right now and I recently started Morrowind but I kind of avoided the main quest so far because I roughly know what happens in the end and... well... As far as I understand I kill the bad guy, yes, but I also completely destroy dunmer culture, am partly responsible for their homeland being destroyed as well (okay that's not my fault but I can't do anything about it) and then I also have to watch my favorite character die. Why :(
52bQegH.png space! paragraph
Eliss
FR +9
@ankokou

Haha I love the sound of this Oblivion run! Poor guy. That's part of what's fun about permadeath too, you need to plan better and flee more frequently- I'm used to just running in and spamming buttons and dying over and over until something works. The one I mentioned earlier spent ages hiding under a cliff from a dragon, cos that was way too dangerous to take on at like level three.

I always have a couple of permanent characters as well, and I try not to create complex stories or get too invested in my permadeath ones! That run was on my xbox, where I also have an Argonian knight and an Argonian vampire mage/thief. More recently, I also have an Altmer alchemist...who, yeah, was a permadeath I got way too attached too, so I kept her after I lost, whoops. xD

On my PC, I just have a Altmer mage at the moment. I haven't played that very much though, as I got the game for PC a few months ago and only played a little bit before getting distracted by something else.
@ankokou

Haha I love the sound of this Oblivion run! Poor guy. That's part of what's fun about permadeath too, you need to plan better and flee more frequently- I'm used to just running in and spamming buttons and dying over and over until something works. The one I mentioned earlier spent ages hiding under a cliff from a dragon, cos that was way too dangerous to take on at like level three.

I always have a couple of permanent characters as well, and I try not to create complex stories or get too invested in my permadeath ones! That run was on my xbox, where I also have an Argonian knight and an Argonian vampire mage/thief. More recently, I also have an Altmer alchemist...who, yeah, was a permadeath I got way too attached too, so I kept her after I lost, whoops. xD

On my PC, I just have a Altmer mage at the moment. I haven't played that very much though, as I got the game for PC a few months ago and only played a little bit before getting distracted by something else.
@Eliss
For the record on Morrowind... it's complex and I don't want to get into too many details but the events made famous in Skyrim don't happen until 4E 05 and while the culture goes through a lot of turmoil it isn't really destroyed, just changed. A slow change, that isn't really felt in the scope of Morrowind or even by the time of Oblivion. The Tribunal can survive past the end of the game as well (I mean, they are alive unless killed.)

Ultimately, it's pretty easy to argue the hero does the right thing with really unfortunate consequences. The Big Bad was clearly a deadly threat to all Morrowind and implied to eventually be a threat to all of Tamriel. He did need to be stopped, Vvardenfell was the casualty.

Every time I try to play ESO I just get disgusted and want to play one of the actually good TES games but I know I'm not being fair because I can only get about 4 hours into it before this happens. I hear the game has gotten much better, the lore was my main turn-off, so I really need to revisit it when I complete Oblivion.

@Thorn
A dragon at level 3!? I guess that's what you get for rushing the main quest. XD
Whoops, guess it's time to die. (Or I guess if you were near enough to a city with guards make a break for it.)

Yeah, you'd have to keep it simple. I love making stories for them so if I actually managed to survive for more than 10 hours it would be devastating.
@Eliss
For the record on Morrowind... it's complex and I don't want to get into too many details but the events made famous in Skyrim don't happen until 4E 05 and while the culture goes through a lot of turmoil it isn't really destroyed, just changed. A slow change, that isn't really felt in the scope of Morrowind or even by the time of Oblivion. The Tribunal can survive past the end of the game as well (I mean, they are alive unless killed.)

Ultimately, it's pretty easy to argue the hero does the right thing with really unfortunate consequences. The Big Bad was clearly a deadly threat to all Morrowind and implied to eventually be a threat to all of Tamriel. He did need to be stopped, Vvardenfell was the casualty.

Every time I try to play ESO I just get disgusted and want to play one of the actually good TES games but I know I'm not being fair because I can only get about 4 hours into it before this happens. I hear the game has gotten much better, the lore was my main turn-off, so I really need to revisit it when I complete Oblivion.

@Thorn
A dragon at level 3!? I guess that's what you get for rushing the main quest. XD
Whoops, guess it's time to die. (Or I guess if you were near enough to a city with guards make a break for it.)

Yeah, you'd have to keep it simple. I love making stories for them so if I actually managed to survive for more than 10 hours it would be devastating.
@ankokou

I might have been slightly higher than level 3, but I went up towards Winterhold to check out the mage's college, and that's where the dragon turned up. It wasn't even the main quest dragon! I may have hid in the tower for that one, I don't recall.

It was a while ago, but I don't think I was near a village. I remember hiding in some cavey bit, or maybe it was under a bridge, while the dragon flew around overhead and Faendal shot arrows at it but somehow STILL DIDN'T DIE, and he proceeded to watch me fall down a cliff a short time later.

@ankokou

I might have been slightly higher than level 3, but I went up towards Winterhold to check out the mage's college, and that's where the dragon turned up. It wasn't even the main quest dragon! I may have hid in the tower for that one, I don't recall.

It was a while ago, but I don't think I was near a village. I remember hiding in some cavey bit, or maybe it was under a bridge, while the dragon flew around overhead and Faendal shot arrows at it but somehow STILL DIDN'T DIE, and he proceeded to watch me fall down a cliff a short time later.

@Ankokou
I see. Maybe I thought it a bit too dark then. But I think that's what makes the story so interesting. Ok now I really want to know what actually happens.
Anyway I guess I should stop reading lore books before playing the game.

As for ESO, it definitely got a lot better. Honestly I never liked it much for a long time. The alliance quests are all pretty dull and same-ish. (If I have to defend/retake a city one more time...) I just got into it last year when I played the Clockwork City DLC. I don't know if I can judge it lore-wise but I really like those quests. The writing has improved so much and they actually learned to add good NPC dialogue. The quests in Vvardenfell are nice as well and Summerset is also good (except for the Psijic Order questline wich was highly disappointing) but I haven't done everything there yet.
@Ankokou
I see. Maybe I thought it a bit too dark then. But I think that's what makes the story so interesting. Ok now I really want to know what actually happens.
Anyway I guess I should stop reading lore books before playing the game.

As for ESO, it definitely got a lot better. Honestly I never liked it much for a long time. The alliance quests are all pretty dull and same-ish. (If I have to defend/retake a city one more time...) I just got into it last year when I played the Clockwork City DLC. I don't know if I can judge it lore-wise but I really like those quests. The writing has improved so much and they actually learned to add good NPC dialogue. The quests in Vvardenfell are nice as well and Summerset is also good (except for the Psijic Order questline wich was highly disappointing) but I haven't done everything there yet.
52bQegH.png space! paragraph
Eliss
FR +9
I play a bit of ESO but I usually don’t have WiFi.

Also a permadeath run sounds really interesting I’ll have to try it.
I play a bit of ESO but I usually don’t have WiFi.

Also a permadeath run sounds really interesting I’ll have to try it.
tvc9y223.jpg
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9