Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | obscure video games?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
Crap I forgot about Dragon Warrior Monsters/Dragon Quest Monsters.
Crap I forgot about Dragon Warrior Monsters/Dragon Quest Monsters.
Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
I own the most wonderful Shiba Inus named Jiro and Lou!
tumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.png
What do Shiba Inus~ like to dream about? Is it dancing Hainus?
It's short, its cheap, its fun: Jazzpunk.

Both the game's Director's Cut edition and the Flavor Nexus DLC are super duper cheap, and the game is fun. Although it is quite short. You can finish it in about fifteen minutes, twenty-five or a bit more if you explore everything. The game is full of slapstick comedy and randomness. Worth picking up.

Another game that is cheap and quick: UBERMOSH

Ubermosh plays as a hack-n-slash arena where you have to kill the most enemies you can in only 90 seconds. The franchise has five games: UBERMOSH, UM Black, UM Vol.3, UM. Wraith, and UM Vol.5. UBERMOSH: SANTICIDE will release at the end of this month, according to the single developer of the game. (Also, the OST is some DOOM-tier heavy metal).
It's short, its cheap, its fun: Jazzpunk.

Both the game's Director's Cut edition and the Flavor Nexus DLC are super duper cheap, and the game is fun. Although it is quite short. You can finish it in about fifteen minutes, twenty-five or a bit more if you explore everything. The game is full of slapstick comedy and randomness. Worth picking up.

Another game that is cheap and quick: UBERMOSH

Ubermosh plays as a hack-n-slash arena where you have to kill the most enemies you can in only 90 seconds. The franchise has five games: UBERMOSH, UM Black, UM Vol.3, UM. Wraith, and UM Vol.5. UBERMOSH: SANTICIDE will release at the end of this month, according to the single developer of the game. (Also, the OST is some DOOM-tier heavy metal).
bal | she/her | lesbian | apply directly to forehead | FR+6 (brazil)
-i love goats!
-graevyard on neopets, myxini on gaia online, vy on recolor.me
-used to be Robothika, now saving up to not be Raezyr anymore

@Emperoar

Istaria is still around, and they have made it so that you can play for free as a dragon, except there is a level cap (can't remember what lvl). I jumped back in recently, and it was fun to play as a quadruped.
@Emperoar

Istaria is still around, and they have made it so that you can play for free as a dragon, except there is a level cap (can't remember what lvl). I jumped back in recently, and it was fun to play as a quadruped.
lighth7.png
Obscure video games?? I have a few!

1) OneShot
I think it’s already been mentioned in this topic, but OneShot is an amazing game. I can’t talk about it very much without giving away spoilers, but here are some cool points about it: very story-driven, great soundtrack/art, AMAZING game mechanics with AWESOME meta aspects, wonderful, believable characters, and so many other things.

2) Cave Story
This one’s a 2D platformer/shooter with a very cute aesthetic, but a pretty great story and some very detailed lore, not to mention the secret ending that I still haven’t quite beaten yet. You play as Quote, an amnesiac-soldier-robot, who wakes up on a floating island populated by rabbit-people called mimiga. But the evil doctor has been turning the mimiga into rabid beasts, and it seems he’s intent on beginning again the same war against the surface world that landed you on the floating island ten years ago...

3) Cthulhu Saves the World
I know this sounds strange about a game which focuses on a lovecraftian horror, but CStW is one of the most funny, lighthearted, amazing games I’ve ever played. It’s a turn-based RPG, so not at all hard to learn the mechanics, it’s got a simply amazing narrative, and the soundtrack is one of the BEST. the story begins with Cthulhu, on rising once again from the depths of R’lyeh, having his cosmic powers of world destruction sealed away. In order to regain his powers, he must do the opposite of what he had intended to do, and become a true hero by saving the world. Shenanigans follow.

4)Starbound
2D Minecraft, but in SPACE! And there’s also a storyline about fighting off a galaxy-consuming eldritch horror, but you don’t have to worry about that if you don’t want to.

5) The Talos Principal
A first-person puzzle game, the story is an interesting sort of parallel of Genesis, but... something is strange. It seems you’re living in the ruins of a formerly great civilization, they having tried to compile all their knowledge into one library before the cataclysmic event destroyed them. And what of these messages that keep appearing, seemingly from others in the same situation as yourself?
Obscure video games?? I have a few!

1) OneShot
I think it’s already been mentioned in this topic, but OneShot is an amazing game. I can’t talk about it very much without giving away spoilers, but here are some cool points about it: very story-driven, great soundtrack/art, AMAZING game mechanics with AWESOME meta aspects, wonderful, believable characters, and so many other things.

2) Cave Story
This one’s a 2D platformer/shooter with a very cute aesthetic, but a pretty great story and some very detailed lore, not to mention the secret ending that I still haven’t quite beaten yet. You play as Quote, an amnesiac-soldier-robot, who wakes up on a floating island populated by rabbit-people called mimiga. But the evil doctor has been turning the mimiga into rabid beasts, and it seems he’s intent on beginning again the same war against the surface world that landed you on the floating island ten years ago...

3) Cthulhu Saves the World
I know this sounds strange about a game which focuses on a lovecraftian horror, but CStW is one of the most funny, lighthearted, amazing games I’ve ever played. It’s a turn-based RPG, so not at all hard to learn the mechanics, it’s got a simply amazing narrative, and the soundtrack is one of the BEST. the story begins with Cthulhu, on rising once again from the depths of R’lyeh, having his cosmic powers of world destruction sealed away. In order to regain his powers, he must do the opposite of what he had intended to do, and become a true hero by saving the world. Shenanigans follow.

4)Starbound
2D Minecraft, but in SPACE! And there’s also a storyline about fighting off a galaxy-consuming eldritch horror, but you don’t have to worry about that if you don’t want to.

5) The Talos Principal
A first-person puzzle game, the story is an interesting sort of parallel of Genesis, but... something is strange. It seems you’re living in the ruins of a formerly great civilization, they having tried to compile all their knowledge into one library before the cataclysmic event destroyed them. And what of these messages that keep appearing, seemingly from others in the same situation as yourself?
4ExPx5L.png
@Luminium

It's nice to know its still around, I check on it from time to time but lately I've been neglecting to admittedly. I remember trying the free to play mode, the level cap is at 15 and after you reach it you can't take quests anymore unfortunately, so its very limiting.

Aw man I miss my big ol' ancient dragon, it was fun going to the blight and swatting everything to death. you're making want to scrounge up a few bucks and pick her up again (should manage I remember my username and password).
@Luminium

It's nice to know its still around, I check on it from time to time but lately I've been neglecting to admittedly. I remember trying the free to play mode, the level cap is at 15 and after you reach it you can't take quests anymore unfortunately, so its very limiting.

Aw man I miss my big ol' ancient dragon, it was fun going to the blight and swatting everything to death. you're making want to scrounge up a few bucks and pick her up again (should manage I remember my username and password).
dyk3ud.jpg
the lisa rpg series is tied with the persona series for my favorite games of all time. it's super well made and knows when to take itself seriously and when not to. i'd also recommend the fangames lisa the hopeful and lisa the pointless!
it has super serious and dark themes and handles them surprisingly well.
i went in completely blind, and let me tell you; the less you know about lisa, the better the experience is.
it's slightly inspired by undertale and it shows in the humor and the battle gameplay.
i'd really check it out if you can handle mature/dark content and themes!
the lisa rpg series is tied with the persona series for my favorite games of all time. it's super well made and knows when to take itself seriously and when not to. i'd also recommend the fangames lisa the hopeful and lisa the pointless!
it has super serious and dark themes and handles them surprisingly well.
i went in completely blind, and let me tell you; the less you know about lisa, the better the experience is.
it's slightly inspired by undertale and it shows in the humor and the battle gameplay.
i'd really check it out if you can handle mature/dark content and themes!
Illustration.png
LaTale is an mmorpg that's kind of like maple quest, but it's not as active as it used to be back in 2012;; i still play it occasionally

Also, 999!! i mostly watched my siblings play it but it was pretty interesting. lot's of endings to it too! it's for the ds and idk if they've ever remade it or anything.

and professor layton! great game, idk if there's a whole series. i havent played it in years though. i vividly remember one riddle/puzzle thing lol

I saw someone mention Stanley parable, and that is also a very fun game lol
LaTale is an mmorpg that's kind of like maple quest, but it's not as active as it used to be back in 2012;; i still play it occasionally

Also, 999!! i mostly watched my siblings play it but it was pretty interesting. lot's of endings to it too! it's for the ds and idk if they've ever remade it or anything.

and professor layton! great game, idk if there's a whole series. i havent played it in years though. i vividly remember one riddle/puzzle thing lol

I saw someone mention Stanley parable, and that is also a very fun game lol
When challenged by Matsuoka Rin to a relay, the loser must commit Swimpuku
Seeing as people have already put Supergiant's games on here, I'm here to add some other game.[s]play bastion, transistor, or pyre, they're awesome.[/s] [b]Eastshade[/b] Ok, technically this game isn't out yet, but it's still really obscure, and I'm very lucky to have found it while digging for games. You play as a traveling painter on the island of Eastshade, meeting the inhabitants, and painting. It's so beautiful, but none of my siblings are excited as I am. [img]http://www.eastshade.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Eastshade-river2.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.eastshade.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Camp.jpg[/img] Website: [url]http://www.eastshade.com[/url]
Seeing as people have already put Supergiant's games on here, I'm here to add some other game.play bastion, transistor, or pyre, they're awesome.

Eastshade
Ok, technically this game isn't out yet, but it's still really obscure, and I'm very lucky to have found it while digging for games.

You play as a traveling painter on the island of Eastshade, meeting the inhabitants, and painting. It's so beautiful, but none of my siblings are excited as I am.
Eastshade-river2.jpg
Camp.jpg

tastefulmarketing.gif
The original Dark Cloud for the PS2. it had such a unique cast of characters, and a really interesting town building mechanic that I enjoyed a lot. The music is also really memorable. I remember marathoning the entire game for a few days when I was a kid. I got close to the end, but I got stuck somewhere in the very last dungeon and couldn't get through it no matter how hard I tried. I need to go back and replay it, honestly.
The original Dark Cloud for the PS2. it had such a unique cast of characters, and a really interesting town building mechanic that I enjoyed a lot. The music is also really memorable. I remember marathoning the entire game for a few days when I was a kid. I got close to the end, but I got stuck somewhere in the very last dungeon and couldn't get through it no matter how hard I tried. I need to go back and replay it, honestly.
rune factory 4 was a masterpiece and the fact that it's the last one of the series kills something in my soul
rune factory 4 was a masterpiece and the fact that it's the last one of the series kills something in my soul
tumblr_p6xvexhw2Q1w8xkufo9_250.pngHI SOMETIMES I POST EVERYWHERE
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15