Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | ERAGON
1 2 3 4 5
@Nenya
I completely agree. Fantasy worlds still need plausibility and rules, or it's just too unbelievable. I don't like being pulled from a story by discrepancies/silly physics issues.

Worldbuilding is my favorite part of writing. I have several worlds that I created, and I haven't even set stories in yet. I aspire to create worlds as well-thought-out as Tolkien's and other masters of the craft.
@Nenya
I completely agree. Fantasy worlds still need plausibility and rules, or it's just too unbelievable. I don't like being pulled from a story by discrepancies/silly physics issues.

Worldbuilding is my favorite part of writing. I have several worlds that I created, and I haven't even set stories in yet. I aspire to create worlds as well-thought-out as Tolkien's and other masters of the craft.
VsQsiFi.pngT2nbrk6.pngRvZlNo0.pngaL21n5x.pngygWzlbs.png7GFlGJN.pngPdiBTNZ.pngMTtORbV.pnge7NCmti.pngr40kQDf.pngkIO8qd8.pngBYPpgRe.pngtDii0Aq.png
EBEMlSX.png
When it came to the series, I came for the dragons and stayed for the battles. Seriously, it was years ago when I read that series and I remember looooving the dragons and their characters and lore and such, but what I get really excited about remembering is the feeling I got right before each battle. I feel like Paolini was really good at creating an environment and mood that makes you so tense that you feel as if you're about to sprint headlong into battle yourself.

When it comes to the movie, my brain has separated it entirely from the books. When you think of it as a standalone film, it's still pretty subpar, but Saphira is lovely!
When it came to the series, I came for the dragons and stayed for the battles. Seriously, it was years ago when I read that series and I remember looooving the dragons and their characters and lore and such, but what I get really excited about remembering is the feeling I got right before each battle. I feel like Paolini was really good at creating an environment and mood that makes you so tense that you feel as if you're about to sprint headlong into battle yourself.

When it comes to the movie, my brain has separated it entirely from the books. When you think of it as a standalone film, it's still pretty subpar, but Saphira is lovely!
I discovered this series back in middle school and not once do I regret getting into it. I absolutely love books with a slow pacing (that just means I get to enjoy them longer!), and I love the dragon characters. The rider/dragon bond is very cool.

I wouldn't say the movie was horrible, but I really wish they would have followed the book enough to where they could make sequels. I thought they did a good job choosing actors, and I love, love, LOVED Saphira's design (not a fan of her design on the book cover).
I discovered this series back in middle school and not once do I regret getting into it. I absolutely love books with a slow pacing (that just means I get to enjoy them longer!), and I love the dragon characters. The rider/dragon bond is very cool.

I wouldn't say the movie was horrible, but I really wish they would have followed the book enough to where they could make sequels. I thought they did a good job choosing actors, and I love, love, LOVED Saphira's design (not a fan of her design on the book cover).
Volunteer Moderator
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising staff, not the volunteer moderator group.
XRwFykP.png

personally I perferred the first 2 over the third. one reason i could hardly read the third one it was just war and battle after Battle... cant stand that i just never could
personally I perferred the first 2 over the third. one reason i could hardly read the third one it was just war and battle after Battle... cant stand that i just never could
MINECRAFT AND FLIGHT RISING R AWESOME
AND SO IS BACON
Ohh yes I used to read this a millenia ago. I own 1-3 but haven't actually read 3 yet. I shoudl read that and the fourth one.

...whenever I have time that is...
Ohh yes I used to read this a millenia ago. I own 1-3 but haven't actually read 3 yet. I shoudl read that and the fourth one.

...whenever I have time that is...
LIo8D8G.gif
My favorite books ever, I have read all of them at least four or five times each.
(I'm a big reader.)
My favorite books ever, I have read all of them at least four or five times each.
(I'm a big reader.)
hehe hiiii
I devoured these books when they were coming out. Mostly because I couldn't find any other books at my local library with dragons featured so heavily.

I remember disliking Roran, but he grew on me later. And I really liked Brom, Nasuada, Orik, Arya, Anglea, Solembum, the dragons....well, I liked pretty much everyone more than Eragon tbh.

spoilers for the end

The ending could have been better.
I was really mad about the whole will they, won't they, thing with Arya and Eragon (throughout the series). It got really tedious.
The final fight with Galbatorix was... not good. His death was really unsatisfying, and I was mad at Arya for stabbing Shruikan! None of it was his fault really, and I feel like if you were particuarly fond of the eyeball-stabbing bit he could've just lost the eye? And the trauma/mental stuff could probably be managed? You've got several hundred dragons' souls just lying around feeling guilty now, I'm sure they could get with Shruikan and they could have group therapy or something.
Firnen's entire existence felt really shoehorned in, like he was just there to make babies with Saphira, and I was really uncomfortable with how young he was?? Like if Thorn was too young Firnen was definitely too young!!
And the "ride off into the sunset" bit where they make themselves miserable to fulfill some stupid prophecy???? Made me really angry?? Eragon stop being an idiot for two seconds, smh.

ok, mini Eragon rant over
I devoured these books when they were coming out. Mostly because I couldn't find any other books at my local library with dragons featured so heavily.

I remember disliking Roran, but he grew on me later. And I really liked Brom, Nasuada, Orik, Arya, Anglea, Solembum, the dragons....well, I liked pretty much everyone more than Eragon tbh.

spoilers for the end

The ending could have been better.
I was really mad about the whole will they, won't they, thing with Arya and Eragon (throughout the series). It got really tedious.
The final fight with Galbatorix was... not good. His death was really unsatisfying, and I was mad at Arya for stabbing Shruikan! None of it was his fault really, and I feel like if you were particuarly fond of the eyeball-stabbing bit he could've just lost the eye? And the trauma/mental stuff could probably be managed? You've got several hundred dragons' souls just lying around feeling guilty now, I'm sure they could get with Shruikan and they could have group therapy or something.
Firnen's entire existence felt really shoehorned in, like he was just there to make babies with Saphira, and I was really uncomfortable with how young he was?? Like if Thorn was too young Firnen was definitely too young!!
And the "ride off into the sunset" bit where they make themselves miserable to fulfill some stupid prophecy???? Made me really angry?? Eragon stop being an idiot for two seconds, smh.

ok, mini Eragon rant over
HzGpUHb.png
terrible movie

great book series

i heard he was going to make another one?????
terrible movie

great book series

i heard he was going to make another one?????
Uq1cq4S.png
Ahh I also watched the movie first and then couldn't get the faces of the actors out of my head (same thing happened with Darren Shan). But, they are amazing books (which I desperately need to reread). It's been five years since I read them and I still find them amazing!
Ahh I also watched the movie first and then couldn't get the faces of the actors out of my head (same thing happened with Darren Shan). But, they are amazing books (which I desperately need to reread). It's been five years since I read them and I still find them amazing!
cac0e8ee68a0701a40537d4f7a4c541dbafec8f3.gif
kyria | 22 | she/her
+9 fr | active from time to time
Coincidentally I was just thinking of these books today. I loved this series when I was 12, although I never read the last book until I was 20 (reread the whole series). Younger me completely ate this story up, only because I had never seen Star Wars and now that I have, well...this series relies heavily on Star Wars for plot inspiration (especially the first book), and of course LotR as well. The writing style improves tremendously with each book, and it's always fun to watch a writer's growth. The dragons felt so unique to this series and even though some might say there's better stories out there when it comes to dragons, I can't help but love Eragon even if that means it's a guilty pleasure.
Coincidentally I was just thinking of these books today. I loved this series when I was 12, although I never read the last book until I was 20 (reread the whole series). Younger me completely ate this story up, only because I had never seen Star Wars and now that I have, well...this series relies heavily on Star Wars for plot inspiration (especially the first book), and of course LotR as well. The writing style improves tremendously with each book, and it's always fun to watch a writer's growth. The dragons felt so unique to this series and even though some might say there's better stories out there when it comes to dragons, I can't help but love Eragon even if that means it's a guilty pleasure.
tumblr_osxj37xvwh1vtgt9uo1_400.png
1 2 3 4 5