Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | No More Matching!
1 2 3 4 5 6
I seem to remember the admins saying a sidescroller based on the couriers delivering packages was in the works in a Q&A at one point? I hope we get it. Oh wait, one of the folks above me cited that...

Somebody mentioned Pong/Brickbreaker with a dragon spitting magical energy... on that line of thought, y'know what would be cool? A minigolf/ping pong/puzzle sorta thing where you have to hit the target but your magical projectile can only bounce so many times. Could probably randomly generate levels fairly easily- use a circle asset, a diagonal wall asset, just gotta calculate how stuff bounces and make stuff dissipate after a certain amount of collisions.

Snake is always a fun game, though I don't know if Spirals are as good a choice as perhaps something like a Blooming Strangler? Dragons tend to be fairly fixed in length.

"Don't let the ball touch the floor" is another variant on that first idea that probably could be fairly easily implemented. The longer the item's in the air, the faster it goes and the more treasure earned at the end.

A target practice/shooting gallery featuring our dragons could be interesting. Could just have a picture of the dragon on the title screen and then a silhouette of the breed's head (could be non-gender-specific in most cases, even, like the Coli fainted dergs) and use their element for the projectiles, and their Agility and Quickness could maybe affect the precision of the controls? Probably it'd have a few different layouts and be a "how many targets can you hit in X time", so maybe INT would come into play for your recharge timer...

A game where you move your Guardian around the screen to block projectiles from hitting other clan members could be interesting, though not everyone has a Guardian so there might need to be a basic grey one as a fallback...

The Fairgrounds games don't really support the idea of a fighting game or a rpg (and technically the coli falls under that), but they absolutely support more card games. Solitaires are always fun.

Offline fairs also have duck pond games- earn a certain level of prize for playing- but that's low skill. When I've seen these on other petsites, they're usually limited in plays per day. Offline ones you're usually paying slightly more than you'd win- unsure if this'd trip gambling laws though.

I do think that games like the hammer swing and certain other ones that usually are implemented by button mashing wouldn't work too well... on top of being boring, there's an accessibility issue with repetitive stress injuries and stuff.

...and that's about all I have to say about that.
I seem to remember the admins saying a sidescroller based on the couriers delivering packages was in the works in a Q&A at one point? I hope we get it. Oh wait, one of the folks above me cited that...

Somebody mentioned Pong/Brickbreaker with a dragon spitting magical energy... on that line of thought, y'know what would be cool? A minigolf/ping pong/puzzle sorta thing where you have to hit the target but your magical projectile can only bounce so many times. Could probably randomly generate levels fairly easily- use a circle asset, a diagonal wall asset, just gotta calculate how stuff bounces and make stuff dissipate after a certain amount of collisions.

Snake is always a fun game, though I don't know if Spirals are as good a choice as perhaps something like a Blooming Strangler? Dragons tend to be fairly fixed in length.

"Don't let the ball touch the floor" is another variant on that first idea that probably could be fairly easily implemented. The longer the item's in the air, the faster it goes and the more treasure earned at the end.

A target practice/shooting gallery featuring our dragons could be interesting. Could just have a picture of the dragon on the title screen and then a silhouette of the breed's head (could be non-gender-specific in most cases, even, like the Coli fainted dergs) and use their element for the projectiles, and their Agility and Quickness could maybe affect the precision of the controls? Probably it'd have a few different layouts and be a "how many targets can you hit in X time", so maybe INT would come into play for your recharge timer...

A game where you move your Guardian around the screen to block projectiles from hitting other clan members could be interesting, though not everyone has a Guardian so there might need to be a basic grey one as a fallback...

The Fairgrounds games don't really support the idea of a fighting game or a rpg (and technically the coli falls under that), but they absolutely support more card games. Solitaires are always fun.

Offline fairs also have duck pond games- earn a certain level of prize for playing- but that's low skill. When I've seen these on other petsites, they're usually limited in plays per day. Offline ones you're usually paying slightly more than you'd win- unsure if this'd trip gambling laws though.

I do think that games like the hammer swing and certain other ones that usually are implemented by button mashing wouldn't work too well... on top of being boring, there's an accessibility issue with repetitive stress injuries and stuff.

...and that's about all I have to say about that.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

Also hi, first forum post! Lol
As athena pointed out there is a lot of matching games. I myself like the idea of a snake clone. Or a pong/pinball game. Pearl catchers catching...pearls? Idk.

Also hi, first forum post! Lol
Wholeheartedly support!
Wholeheartedly support!
Definitely support. If they aren't going to make it so you get treasure more quickly from the fairgrounds there needs to be a variety so you don't get burned out so quickly.

I have ideas for new FR games that would be EXTREMELY easy to implement.

Solitaire: these can use pictures of things from FR for the suits and maybe dragon breeds for the king, queen, and jack or something.

Majong: Yes I know it is matching, but the overall TYPE of matching game is very different from most of the matching games except for the memory game although it allows people that like that game that have a little more issues with memory to still do a similar matching game with tiles.

Multiplayer Pong: We don't have any multiplayer games. THIS SUCKS! Give us multiplayer games!!

Ball bounce break the blocks thing: these are really easy to do and you can do them for a while without getting too burned out.

Crossword Puzzles: I love word puzzles. This could also be another one that people could submit their own puzzles to. It would be great.

Snake: With the Windsinger, our favorite noodle!

Minesweeper: using FR elements, some sort of explosive item used as the mines or whatever.

Catch the fish game: character sitting on the doc with a fishing pole, get so much treasure depending on the fish you reel in.

Cloud bounce game: Doesn't have to be clouds, that's just what I first thought of. It's where there's a character and you have them hop on stuff trying to get higher and when they fall completely the game stops.

Simon Says: Sort of matchy but more of a pattern game than match the symbols

Multiplayer checkers/chess: this one would be a little complicated but I think it would be fun.

kid-friendly cannon game: Okay so the first time I played a game like this it was one that was pretty bad involving a certain mammal. I'm not going to say what because I don't want a bunch of kids looking it up but I'm sure some of you know what I mean. You would shoot something out of a cannon, probably a familiar or a dragon. This is a chance game, there is stuff on the course that makes it bounce farther and stuff that makes it stop completely. Every time you hit just the ground too you slow down. You get so much treasure depending on how far you get. This might also be a little harder to program.

Paint by symbol: This would be stupid easy. And it would probably give as much treasure as the jigsaw games. instead of numbers symbols could be used that are connected with FR to connect with colors.

space invaders/avoid the falling objects: Either would work. These might be harder to program but it would be fun. The longer you last, the more treasure you get.
Definitely support. If they aren't going to make it so you get treasure more quickly from the fairgrounds there needs to be a variety so you don't get burned out so quickly.

I have ideas for new FR games that would be EXTREMELY easy to implement.

Solitaire: these can use pictures of things from FR for the suits and maybe dragon breeds for the king, queen, and jack or something.

Majong: Yes I know it is matching, but the overall TYPE of matching game is very different from most of the matching games except for the memory game although it allows people that like that game that have a little more issues with memory to still do a similar matching game with tiles.

Multiplayer Pong: We don't have any multiplayer games. THIS SUCKS! Give us multiplayer games!!

Ball bounce break the blocks thing: these are really easy to do and you can do them for a while without getting too burned out.

Crossword Puzzles: I love word puzzles. This could also be another one that people could submit their own puzzles to. It would be great.

Snake: With the Windsinger, our favorite noodle!

Minesweeper: using FR elements, some sort of explosive item used as the mines or whatever.

Catch the fish game: character sitting on the doc with a fishing pole, get so much treasure depending on the fish you reel in.

Cloud bounce game: Doesn't have to be clouds, that's just what I first thought of. It's where there's a character and you have them hop on stuff trying to get higher and when they fall completely the game stops.

Simon Says: Sort of matchy but more of a pattern game than match the symbols

Multiplayer checkers/chess: this one would be a little complicated but I think it would be fun.

kid-friendly cannon game: Okay so the first time I played a game like this it was one that was pretty bad involving a certain mammal. I'm not going to say what because I don't want a bunch of kids looking it up but I'm sure some of you know what I mean. You would shoot something out of a cannon, probably a familiar or a dragon. This is a chance game, there is stuff on the course that makes it bounce farther and stuff that makes it stop completely. Every time you hit just the ground too you slow down. You get so much treasure depending on how far you get. This might also be a little harder to program.

Paint by symbol: This would be stupid easy. And it would probably give as much treasure as the jigsaw games. instead of numbers symbols could be used that are connected with FR to connect with colors.

space invaders/avoid the falling objects: Either would work. These might be harder to program but it would be fun. The longer you last, the more treasure you get.
knhLXgs.png
@AthenaPanthera I love how "I am so freaking DONE" that entire suggestion reads xDD

I agree, we need more variety. I like puzzle games, but I'm totally not engaged. I can click and tune out, and while that isnt so much an issue, I'd like something I have to pay more attention to.

Even more simple games like a snake game, or the kind of game where you bounce a ball off a sliding bar and knock tiles from the air. Like basic pet game starter kit games that you find everywhere.

Or even more complex games like a platformer. Maybe one where you have four different choices of dragon species that each have their own ability or difficulty. Like, snappers suck at jumping and gliding and have a slower movement speed, but do double damage to enemies and have more health. Or skydancers have a glide ability that gives them higher jumps and slower falls, but much less health. Stuff like that could give us choices for dragons without being overly specific. Maybe the colors of the sprites could be randomizes to a few different basic colors.

A game where you need to race back and forth to feed and protect hatchlings, bringing them food and chasing away dangers or bringing them back if they try to leave the nest on their own.
@AthenaPanthera I love how "I am so freaking DONE" that entire suggestion reads xDD

I agree, we need more variety. I like puzzle games, but I'm totally not engaged. I can click and tune out, and while that isnt so much an issue, I'd like something I have to pay more attention to.

Even more simple games like a snake game, or the kind of game where you bounce a ball off a sliding bar and knock tiles from the air. Like basic pet game starter kit games that you find everywhere.

Or even more complex games like a platformer. Maybe one where you have four different choices of dragon species that each have their own ability or difficulty. Like, snappers suck at jumping and gliding and have a slower movement speed, but do double damage to enemies and have more health. Or skydancers have a glide ability that gives them higher jumps and slower falls, but much less health. Stuff like that could give us choices for dragons without being overly specific. Maybe the colors of the sprites could be randomizes to a few different basic colors.

A game where you need to race back and forth to feed and protect hatchlings, bringing them food and chasing away dangers or bringing them back if they try to leave the nest on their own.
another idea: what about a baldwin-themed game that works sorta like the potion-making minigames in stuff like harry potter?
another idea: what about a baldwin-themed game that works sorta like the potion-making minigames in stuff like harry potter?

FR +16

they/them

dressing service
dragon search
fc1fc9b10602728524c3b0a326e2426b.png
@zedetta

yess omg

remember old pottermore days? before it got all reinvented and not as interactive?
@zedetta

yess omg

remember old pottermore days? before it got all reinvented and not as interactive?
ldNLSdw.png

she/they
20 years old
+3 fr time
herb_rack_flipped.png
These ideas are all really cool! Full support for more varied games

I can imagine a simple maze game but the background/walls getting a color pallete change with maybe some small detail changes to make it look like youre in different regions?

Like a brown maze with some rock-textured walls for Earth or a blue maze with bubbles or coral for Water. Nothing super detailed, but it would make a simple maze game fit more in FR without too much work
These ideas are all really cool! Full support for more varied games

I can imagine a simple maze game but the background/walls getting a color pallete change with maybe some small detail changes to make it look like youre in different regions?

Like a brown maze with some rock-textured walls for Earth or a blue maze with bubbles or coral for Water. Nothing super detailed, but it would make a simple maze game fit more in FR without too much work
egg_nature_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da8wjqe.gifdeity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gifegg_nature_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da8wjqe.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6