Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | [CLOSED]
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
@Arakk so i was testing out a few methods and i thought that if i scaled the whole of arakk's body then he will look very cluttered, so i've opted to draw in the overscaled bits and tried to make them look like they lead onto regular scales...if that makes sense haha here's a snapshot of his shoulder/start of his wing+spine, do you think it looks alright/what you were after? [img]https://31.media.tumblr.com/b71027f1919033ebee22366d247d463e/tumblr_n3erdgXpC21qdfhajo1_250.png[/img]
@Arakk so i was testing out a few methods and i thought that if i scaled the whole of arakk's body then he will look very cluttered, so i've opted to draw in the overscaled bits and tried to make them look like they lead onto regular scales...if that makes sense haha
here's a snapshot of his shoulder/start of his wing+spine, do you think it looks alright/what you were after?
tumblr_n3erdgXpC21qdfhajo1_250.png
@sapphireinferno Oooh, yes, it looks nice! But I should mention that the scales, especially the overscaling, are sorta rough and asymmetrical. Otherwise yeah that's exactly what and where I meant!
@sapphireinferno Oooh, yes, it looks nice! But I should mention that the scales, especially the overscaling, are sorta rough and asymmetrical. Otherwise yeah that's exactly what and where I meant!
@Arakk hey dude, apologies for the late reply again (urgh i am so lame) i was at a convention and was also sick haha
i'm pretty much done with your picture but i just wanted to ask what exactly it was that you meant by asymmetrical scales? do you mean just kind of random, mismatched (more geometric?) scales rather than the curved scales that i've done?
@Arakk hey dude, apologies for the late reply again (urgh i am so lame) i was at a convention and was also sick haha
i'm pretty much done with your picture but i just wanted to ask what exactly it was that you meant by asymmetrical scales? do you mean just kind of random, mismatched (more geometric?) scales rather than the curved scales that i've done?
@sapphireinferno No problem! And yeah that's about exactly what I was saying. They're random and mostly straight-edged- almost like heavy plates that were 'broken' to mould to his form. ^^
@sapphireinferno No problem! And yeah that's about exactly what I was saying. They're random and mostly straight-edged- almost like heavy plates that were 'broken' to mould to his form. ^^
Cute stuff! :) Could you add me to the ping list, by any chance?
Cute stuff! :) Could you add me to the ping list, by any chance?
cherr2_by_ovophobia-d9cqudt.png
@Arakk after a ridiculous amount of time (sorry again about that) here it is! i hope you like it, and if you want any changes do let me know! (click to enlarge) [url=http://31.media.tumblr.com/8483be83dea5165ac94be487036f9f9f/tumblr_n3z5qz8Qe71qdfhajo1_1280.png][img]http://31.media.tumblr.com/8483be83dea5165ac94be487036f9f9f/tumblr_n3z5qz8Qe71qdfhajo1_500.png[/img][/url] @Gelly thank you! and sure, i'll add you to the ping list right away~ @Pyromancer hey there! if you're still interested a spot just opened up for you! :D
@Arakk after a ridiculous amount of time (sorry again about that) here it is! i hope you like it, and if you want any changes do let me know!
(click to enlarge)
tumblr_n3z5qz8Qe71qdfhajo1_500.png

@Gelly thank you! and sure, i'll add you to the ping list right away~

@Pyromancer hey there! if you're still interested a spot just opened up for you! :D
@sapphireinferno Yes please! :D Gimmie a minute and i'll fill out the form!
@sapphireinferno Yes please! :D Gimmie a minute and i'll fill out the form!
@sapphireinferno Username: Pyromancer Commission Type: Full body, shaded, no/simple background (you pick what you think looks best?) References: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=197669] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/1977/197669_350.png[/img] [/url] Specific pose/expression: Oh boy, here's the hard part. Sort of a cold (forgive the pun) stare, maybe she could be snarling? Ahh, i'm really bad at explaining stuff like this. You could maybe try to figure something out? :I (If you don't feel free bugging me about it btw) Payment option: Treasure. Other comments: (Is... this how i'm supposed to do it? 8D;;; does any of this make any sense? ah, good luck i guess?)
@sapphireinferno

Username: Pyromancer
Commission Type: Full body, shaded, no/simple background (you pick what you think looks best?)
References:

197669_350.png

Specific pose/expression: Oh boy, here's the hard part. Sort of a cold (forgive the pun) stare, maybe she could be snarling? Ahh, i'm really bad at explaining stuff like this. You could maybe try to figure something out? :I (If you don't feel free bugging me about it btw)
Payment option: Treasure.
Other comments:

(Is... this how i'm supposed to do it? 8D;;; does any of this make any sense?

ah, good luck i guess?)
@Pyromancer cool! i'll get onto that as soon as i can~ and hm with the pose, how about i just do up a quick sketch and you can tell me if it's what you were after or not?
@Pyromancer cool! i'll get onto that as soon as i can~ and hm with the pose, how about i just do up a quick sketch and you can tell me if it's what you were after or not?
@sapphireinferno That'll be great! c:
@sapphireinferno That'll be great! c:
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12