Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What things do you like to read about?
1 2 3
When you're reading (non-fiction) books, articles, etc, what subjects tend to attract you the most? I'm just curious what kinds of Wikipedia holes everyone else falls down from time to time. :>

For me personally, I like reading about tech history (e.g. the history behind video game consoles, computers, etc.), number theory, and stuff about computer networks.
When you're reading (non-fiction) books, articles, etc, what subjects tend to attract you the most? I'm just curious what kinds of Wikipedia holes everyone else falls down from time to time. :>

For me personally, I like reading about tech history (e.g. the history behind video game consoles, computers, etc.), number theory, and stuff about computer networks.
XvmXrsO.gif
conspiracy theories, as crazy as that's gonna make me sound lol. about a year ago i had a huge hyperfixation on them even though i don't believe in most of them. they're just fun to read about.

other than that, i'm always immersing myself in astronomy and stuff relating to outer space.
conspiracy theories, as crazy as that's gonna make me sound lol. about a year ago i had a huge hyperfixation on them even though i don't believe in most of them. they're just fun to read about.

other than that, i'm always immersing myself in astronomy and stuff relating to outer space.
various alternative fashions (ranging from harajuku to goth), serial killers, veganism (esp ethics + recipes), recently zero waste stuff, and window shopping for things.
I also research training methods for horses (particularly r+ and blended science based).
various alternative fashions (ranging from harajuku to goth), serial killers, veganism (esp ethics + recipes), recently zero waste stuff, and window shopping for things.
I also research training methods for horses (particularly r+ and blended science based).
98bf1699ec3a8a9904ee0a7db6e28469c9948a3c.gif
fashion history (was just reading an article about that about 30 minutes ago lol), corsets (also in that article but not all my corset reading is close to historical), soap making, cosmetic and household chemistry, taxidermy, wet specimen preservation methods, stages of decay, basically any bio stuff about death, astrology, scientific studies supporting astrology (a few of those do indeed exist and very much merit further research/peer review), entomology, mythology (mainly Norse and Greek), alchemy, demon and angel lore...

I have specific sites for most of those topic though, hardly ever Wikipedia; it does have good information generally, but when it comes to more niche interests it becomes shallow at best. Basically, I am a sucker for almost any any subject unless I have an imminent college paper due on it.
fashion history (was just reading an article about that about 30 minutes ago lol), corsets (also in that article but not all my corset reading is close to historical), soap making, cosmetic and household chemistry, taxidermy, wet specimen preservation methods, stages of decay, basically any bio stuff about death, astrology, scientific studies supporting astrology (a few of those do indeed exist and very much merit further research/peer review), entomology, mythology (mainly Norse and Greek), alchemy, demon and angel lore...

I have specific sites for most of those topic though, hardly ever Wikipedia; it does have good information generally, but when it comes to more niche interests it becomes shallow at best. Basically, I am a sucker for almost any any subject unless I have an imminent college paper due on it.
I like reading about human anatomy, food history, etymology, psychology and animal behaviour/genetics. Also food blogs. I used to get stuck in TVtropes too.
I like reading about human anatomy, food history, etymology, psychology and animal behaviour/genetics. Also food blogs. I used to get stuck in TVtropes too.
Does that Pokemon fandragon exist yet? Check out this thread, where you can find Pokemon fandragons in one place :)
marine biology, urban legends, otherworldly creatures + sightings, mythology, creepypastas, and conspiracy theories! i'll also occasionally do some research on astrology n end up going thru a bunch of articles like "57 things that a libra moon should look for when buying their next horse" and i'm like GASP....
marine biology, urban legends, otherworldly creatures + sightings, mythology, creepypastas, and conspiracy theories! i'll also occasionally do some research on astrology n end up going thru a bunch of articles like "57 things that a libra moon should look for when buying their next horse" and i'm like GASP....
Love. Because I don't think the kind of love you read about in romance novels really exists, at least not for the majority of people.
Love. Because I don't think the kind of love you read about in romance novels really exists, at least not for the majority of people.
random crap on mario wiki or kirby wiki or whatever, but character articles especially on those
also random crap on tvtropes
i also read bogleech's monster reviews, very interesting
random crap on mario wiki or kirby wiki or whatever, but character articles especially on those
also random crap on tvtropes
i also read bogleech's monster reviews, very interesting
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
australian history and politics (it can be so entertaining at points honestly), public policy, current events/issues, agriculture (moreso how to do it sustainably or in relation to climate change, i promise i don't just read like apple farming techniques and stuff lol), science (either science history or current science issues), astronomy & space travel history, uhhh i like reading academic articles about the cultural impact that pop artists like carly rae jepsen, nicki minaj, etc have
australian history and politics (it can be so entertaining at points honestly), public policy, current events/issues, agriculture (moreso how to do it sustainably or in relation to climate change, i promise i don't just read like apple farming techniques and stuff lol), science (either science history or current science issues), astronomy & space travel history, uhhh i like reading academic articles about the cultural impact that pop artists like carly rae jepsen, nicki minaj, etc have
tumblr / twitter
5iXiC8z.png
cQS6PnX.png
fdUVIfW.png
3adgzZD.png
7A7cEAI.png
shadow.gif tumblr_pt3k6kp4CW1tesnpoo10_75sq.gif
Art history/art stuff in general, ancient history and cultures, languages, world news/politics, law, conspiracy theories and true crime/forensic stuff are things I like to read about mostly. Lately I've been reading about paranormal stuff that's pretty spooky but interesting lol
Art history/art stuff in general, ancient history and cultures, languages, world news/politics, law, conspiracy theories and true crime/forensic stuff are things I like to read about mostly. Lately I've been reading about paranormal stuff that's pretty spooky but interesting lol
tumblr[/center]
1 2 3