Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How to lair purge
I have been wanting to do a big lair purge for awhile now. I am just not sure of the best route. To clarify some I have mostly gen 1’s and some dragons from 2014, many not bred and ungened. So :
Is it best to level than exalt?
Try and sell while leveling?
Where would I post for people to see if they want one?
Just exalt everything as is?
What is the best way to go about this?
I have been wanting to do a big lair purge for awhile now. I am just not sure of the best route. To clarify some I have mostly gen 1’s and some dragons from 2014, many not bred and ungened. So :
Is it best to level than exalt?
Try and sell while leveling?
Where would I post for people to see if they want one?
Just exalt everything as is?
What is the best way to go about this?
4Zlz1vc.pngrsz-lorwolf-button.png
Id sell, would take longer but those old dragons will probably sell for quite a bit.
Id sell, would take longer but those old dragons will probably sell for quite a bit.
#UnnamedIsValid
Unnamed dragons need love too! There is no shame in having unnamed permas, having dragons with unnamed parents and/or offspring, or exalting unnamed dragons! Leaving dragons unnamed is a perfectly valid playstyle!

she/her or they/them
Yeah old dragons sell for quite a bit more than exhaust/fodder prices
Yeah old dragons sell for quite a bit more than exhaust/fodder prices
I recommend at least trying a "lair purge" in for sale forum, even dergs with kiddos. for instance, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24521332] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/245214/24521332_350.png[/img] [/url] I got this girl from a purge. Long list of kids, but when I saw her I knew I had to have her.
I recommend at least trying a "lair purge" in for sale forum, even dergs with kiddos.

for instance,

24521332_350.png

I got this girl from a purge. Long list of kids, but when I saw her I knew I had to have her.
She|Her - Ace - FRT(0) | Lore
g67EwfB.png
@MidnightLady05

For your Gen 1s, definitely ping the Gen 1 hoarders (they have a pinglist for that) and see if anyone is interested! :o

For non-G1s, I'm not really sure. There's a bit of a market for oldies, especially if they're unbred - I think there's a thread for oldie collectors too with their own pinglist? I recommend tracking that down! Best way to notify a bunch of people who'll be interested in what you're selling~

The non-G1/non-oldie market is something I'm not particularly familiar with, but I imagine you might be able to find buyers by looking through the Find a Dragon forum. Lots of people go there seeking mates for dragons they already own and that sort of thing.

If you need any help with pinglists or selling G1s, feel free to hmu! I've done a lot of sales/auctions like that before. Not to mention the big cleanout I did a few months back. I tell you something, it feels great to have all that lairspace back! Especially if you've fallen out of love with the dragons you currently have.
@MidnightLady05

For your Gen 1s, definitely ping the Gen 1 hoarders (they have a pinglist for that) and see if anyone is interested! :o

For non-G1s, I'm not really sure. There's a bit of a market for oldies, especially if they're unbred - I think there's a thread for oldie collectors too with their own pinglist? I recommend tracking that down! Best way to notify a bunch of people who'll be interested in what you're selling~

The non-G1/non-oldie market is something I'm not particularly familiar with, but I imagine you might be able to find buyers by looking through the Find a Dragon forum. Lots of people go there seeking mates for dragons they already own and that sort of thing.

If you need any help with pinglists or selling G1s, feel free to hmu! I've done a lot of sales/auctions like that before. Not to mention the big cleanout I did a few months back. I tell you something, it feels great to have all that lairspace back! Especially if you've fallen out of love with the dragons you currently have.
@MidnightLady05

definitely try selling at least the older ones! post in the dragon sales forum and I'm sure you'll get some offers.

if you have non-g1s/non-oldies, I personally would level them and exalt them, but I don't know how that market is. you could even just make a lair purge post in dragon sales and list all the dragons you're willing to part with & then train/exalt any that don't sell.
@MidnightLady05

definitely try selling at least the older ones! post in the dragon sales forum and I'm sure you'll get some offers.

if you have non-g1s/non-oldies, I personally would level them and exalt them, but I don't know how that market is. you could even just make a lair purge post in dragon sales and list all the dragons you're willing to part with & then train/exalt any that don't sell.
they/them
@MidnightLady05 You could probably get at least 150kT each for HickoryXYX and the double-Caribbean, maybe more since they're both a couple years old! That's better than you could get from training/exalting! :D I might be interested in the Plum/Iris/Overcast wind Noc girl when you make a sales post :3
@MidnightLady05 You could probably get at least 150kT each for HickoryXYX and the double-Caribbean, maybe more since they're both a couple years old! That's better than you could get from training/exalting! :D I might be interested in the Plum/Iris/Overcast wind Noc girl when you make a sales post :3
m1cUkRV.gif
She/Her
FR Time +3
tumblr_otyiqh3lqC1vsg0m1o1_400.png
WWoZukB.gif
K1BzZ.gifkgeky.gifz9uHK.gifuCfko.gifoMnSD.gif9Ml2E.gifjC6vB.gifHcwce.gifQvahY.gifDT4ED.gifGE7cM.gifLmJla.gif7ac7F.gifMspSr.gifGLxad.gifIpCPd.gifF5tbm.gifIYId4.gifIlIZj.gif
Definitely try to sell, esp gen 1 or unbred ones. There are people who collect old dragons and would cry a lil bit to know there were old dragons in circulation that were just being exalted.

Plus you'll get way more money selling than exalting.
Definitely try to sell, esp gen 1 or unbred ones. There are people who collect old dragons and would cry a lil bit to know there were old dragons in circulation that were just being exalted.

Plus you'll get way more money selling than exalting.
ew9u8Xp.png
Thank you everyone for the suggestions. Is there a place to find the ping list for gen1’s and old dragons?

@RogueWolf5 I started a sale’s post here if still interested http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/2459793#post_2459793
Thank you everyone for the suggestions. Is there a place to find the ping list for gen1’s and old dragons?

@RogueWolf5 I started a sale’s post here if still interested http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/2459793#post_2459793
4Zlz1vc.pngrsz-lorwolf-button.png