Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Wind Eyes Old VS New
Here's a little example of the tone change of the Wind common eye colour that I made for a discussion on the Wind forum, thought peeps in general might like to see it. My permabab Iris had a big change in her looks due to the eye change, so I ended up scattersighting her until she got rare. Old Common: [img]https://i.imgur.com/SHicdym.png[/img] New Common: [img]https://i.imgur.com/9uChSUV.png[/img] New Rare: [img]https://i.imgur.com/mae9scY.png[/img] Note how the new common has a distinct yellow/warm tinge, and doesn't go at all with Iris' tert. The new Rare has a distinct blue/cool tinge, and goes perfectly with her tert. The old common is somewhere in between, and doesn't go quite as well with her tert as rare does, but doesn't stand out like a sore thumb like the new common. So in this case, the eye change really did have a big impact. It's all worked out well for me, because rare works even better than the old common, Iris is special enough for me to consider spending scattervials on her, and I was lucky enough to get rare in a reasonably low number of scatters. But scattervial probabilities are low enough that it's not viable to do that with many dragons. I love both the new and old common eye colours, but switching from one to the other is a mixed bag - it works great with yellow/orange/warm schemed dragons, and terrible for blue/cool schemed dragons like Iris. Most dragons have eyes so tiny that it doesn't matter, but for large eyes like permababs and spirals it does. I honestly kinda wish that Wind had two 'commons' with equal chance of appearing - one that fitted the 'seafoam' side of the Wind aesthetic like the old eye colour, and the other fitting the 'oranges and greens' side of the Wind aesthetic like the new common, because I love both, but they're not really interchangeable!
Here's a little example of the tone change of the Wind common eye colour that I made for a discussion on the Wind forum, thought peeps in general might like to see it.

My permabab Iris had a big change in her looks due to the eye change, so I ended up scattersighting her until she got rare.

Old Common: SHicdym.png

New Common: 9uChSUV.png

New Rare: mae9scY.png

Note how the new common has a distinct yellow/warm tinge, and doesn't go at all with Iris' tert. The new Rare has a distinct blue/cool tinge, and goes perfectly with her tert. The old common is somewhere in between, and doesn't go quite as well with her tert as rare does, but doesn't stand out like a sore thumb like the new common.

So in this case, the eye change really did have a big impact. It's all worked out well for me, because rare works even better than the old common, Iris is special enough for me to consider spending scattervials on her, and I was lucky enough to get rare in a reasonably low number of scatters. But scattervial probabilities are low enough that it's not viable to do that with many dragons.

I love both the new and old common eye colours, but switching from one to the other is a mixed bag - it works great with yellow/orange/warm schemed dragons, and terrible for blue/cool schemed dragons like Iris. Most dragons have eyes so tiny that it doesn't matter, but for large eyes like permababs and spirals it does.

I honestly kinda wish that Wind had two 'commons' with equal chance of appearing - one that fitted the 'seafoam' side of the Wind aesthetic like the old eye colour, and the other fitting the 'oranges and greens' side of the Wind aesthetic like the new common, because I love both, but they're not really interchangeable!
@Quid

I'd love to see a 'classic' or 'legacy' eye type introduced. At first I was all for simply reverting common to the old shades, but that would disappoint those who like the new version. Why not make both camps happy?
@Quid

I'd love to see a 'classic' or 'legacy' eye type introduced. At first I was all for simply reverting common to the old shades, but that would disappoint those who like the new version. Why not make both camps happy?
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
yes
yes
I don't have an old picture handy, but my permababy Wudes also has Wind eyes, and how neon yellow-green they are now just... throws it all off for me. :( [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8926577] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/89266/8926577_350.png[/img] [/url] Her old Wind eyes used to be soft and cute, and I don't like how any of the variants or the new Common looks on her. The shading in her eyes is messed up now, too, which sucks. I do like the new Common on some dragons, though! It goes well with yellows and oranges, as well as some greens. I just wish it didn't have to replace the old Wind eyes. :'| I hope we get a "legacy vial" or something later.
I don't have an old picture handy, but my permababy Wudes also has Wind eyes, and how neon yellow-green they are now just... throws it all off for me. :(

8926577_350.png

Her old Wind eyes used to be soft and cute, and I don't like how any of the variants or the new Common looks on her. The shading in her eyes is messed up now, too, which sucks.

I do like the new Common on some dragons, though! It goes well with yellows and oranges, as well as some greens. I just wish it didn't have to replace the old Wind eyes. :'| I hope we get a "legacy vial" or something later.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!