Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Ice or Plague?
Sooo, recently I have been thinking of switching my flight from Plague to Ice. I love Plague and all, don't get me wrong. I am just not sure if I should.

The two things that are keeping me in this midground of "Should I? Should I not?" are my loves for both Dominance and breeding. I love Dominance, and I love the competitive aspects of it. I sometimes buy and exalt up to 50 dragons a day. Plague Flight is generally a Dominance oriented Flight, sometimes, whereas I have heard from a few Ice Flight members that they are not as much so.

However, I have been getting into breeding more recently. I want to start projects, and learn more about the genetic sides of breeding. I am new to it, but I can say for sure that the Plague eye type might not work so well for what I have in mind. Especially if I get super (un)lucky and get Primal type eyes on say, a hatchling that I very much enjoy.

So, I really need some help deciding. Would you guys help me decide whether to stay or go?
Sooo, recently I have been thinking of switching my flight from Plague to Ice. I love Plague and all, don't get me wrong. I am just not sure if I should.

The two things that are keeping me in this midground of "Should I? Should I not?" are my loves for both Dominance and breeding. I love Dominance, and I love the competitive aspects of it. I sometimes buy and exalt up to 50 dragons a day. Plague Flight is generally a Dominance oriented Flight, sometimes, whereas I have heard from a few Ice Flight members that they are not as much so.

However, I have been getting into breeding more recently. I want to start projects, and learn more about the genetic sides of breeding. I am new to it, but I can say for sure that the Plague eye type might not work so well for what I have in mind. Especially if I get super (un)lucky and get Primal type eyes on say, a hatchling that I very much enjoy.

So, I really need some help deciding. Would you guys help me decide whether to stay or go?
MdNpOAe.png
in our opinion we think you ought to stay in plague. provided you aren't breeding your progens you could always rent a nest from an ice member whereas you can't rent dominance from plague if you switch!
in our opinion we think you ought to stay in plague. provided you aren't breeding your progens you could always rent a nest from an ice member whereas you can't rent dominance from plague if you switch!
lapis+rose
28 they/them
Go wherever you feel your heart is.
When I joined, I was shadow. The same day, I moved to lightning because of the eyes where I stayed for 6 months. Then I moved to Ice, again for the eyes and stayed for almost 1 year. Then, I started to regret ever leaving shadow for my superficial reasons like eyes when really, 99% of my hatchlings are exalted so it is irrelevant.
So I went home, to where my heart is, and I will never leave again.
I don't even interact with anything shadow, I just feel that is where I belong :)
Go wherever you feel your heart is.
When I joined, I was shadow. The same day, I moved to lightning because of the eyes where I stayed for 6 months. Then I moved to Ice, again for the eyes and stayed for almost 1 year. Then, I started to regret ever leaving shadow for my superficial reasons like eyes when really, 99% of my hatchlings are exalted so it is irrelevant.
So I went home, to where my heart is, and I will never leave again.
I don't even interact with anything shadow, I just feel that is where I belong :)
Echoing what roselapis said - unless you're wanting to breed the majority of your lair for projects, I'd suggest staying in plauge.

Also, you could consider switching to light? Their dominance is good, and their eye colors are also fairly light and neutral. Might be the best option for you! @Aurora01
Echoing what roselapis said - unless you're wanting to breed the majority of your lair for projects, I'd suggest staying in plauge.

Also, you could consider switching to light? Their dominance is good, and their eye colors are also fairly light and neutral. Might be the best option for you! @Aurora01
vDhkKOl.png | TheGoldDragon
#177402 | FR + 2 | he/they/ey
Tumblr | Icon Dragon
Wishlist | Apparel Trading
Lair Goals | Hatchery
| | LF eggs:
Ice flight is extremely dom oriented, I can say maybe even moreso than plague. We don't have as many versus fights but we have some planned and are at a much better place financially with our bank. I have no clue who told you we aren't dom oriented, because that is extremely false.
I say move to ice. The eyes will give you more breeding opportunities and you don't have to worry about missing out on dom.
@Aurora01
Ice flight is extremely dom oriented, I can say maybe even moreso than plague. We don't have as many versus fights but we have some planned and are at a much better place financially with our bank. I have no clue who told you we aren't dom oriented, because that is extremely false.
I say move to ice. The eyes will give you more breeding opportunities and you don't have to worry about missing out on dom.
@Aurora01
tumblr_papfgyiEtt1vvc1jno3_500.png
@Aurora01

Your name goes with Ice very well!

We're a totally friendly community! We like discussing cats, cocoa, and how little Moprh/Python drops in the coli! We also have beautiful neutral eyes and a cool aesthetic. Did I mention we like puns?
@Aurora01

Your name goes with Ice very well!

We're a totally friendly community! We like discussing cats, cocoa, and how little Moprh/Python drops in the coli! We also have beautiful neutral eyes and a cool aesthetic. Did I mention we like puns?
6Fwt9Qr.gifXXX

xxx
xxx

iuEBSJ3.png3YAN1tx.pngQRVupBA.png
yG0Lt9s.pngoK2VVlE.pngfT0qwQ5.png
xbsbPqT.pngbYt72YT.pngjQub7yI.png

Were you expecting a modicum of rust?
xxx
xxx
@Aurora01

Move where you want! I was in Ice for 2 years and it was nice. The forums were a bit slow and the aesthetic isn't the same but I enjoyed it overall. I'd say ice and Plague are on par with each other dom wise with there being a bit more resources in Ice for its members.
@Aurora01

Move where you want! I was in Ice for 2 years and it was nice. The forums were a bit slow and the aesthetic isn't the same but I enjoyed it overall. I'd say ice and Plague are on par with each other dom wise with there being a bit more resources in Ice for its members.
FR+1 - I will host nests for free, just ask/PM!
Make sure to copy/paste my name to ensure I will get your ping!
@ArchnarQuibQuib @Amyatzu @Ketzexi @TheGoldDragon @Domayne @Roselapis

Thank you all for your feedback! I think I am going to go ahead and join the Ice Flight as soon as my current nest hatches!
@ArchnarQuibQuib @Amyatzu @Ketzexi @TheGoldDragon @Domayne @Roselapis

Thank you all for your feedback! I think I am going to go ahead and join the Ice Flight as soon as my current nest hatches!
MdNpOAe.png
@Aurora01 - Just want to chime in that I've been in Ice nearly since I've joined. I started off in Lightning (for my love of science), but it still didn't feel right. A month in, I moved to ice and that's where I've stayed. We have cats and a super friendly/helpful bunch on the forums. Haven't had a desire to go elsewhere. The aesthetic is lovely, the Warden is fluffy, and we do participate in Dom - maybe not as competative as Plague, but that doesn't mean we don't. :> If you are planning to move, goodluck and have a nice time!
@Aurora01 - Just want to chime in that I've been in Ice nearly since I've joined. I started off in Lightning (for my love of science), but it still didn't feel right. A month in, I moved to ice and that's where I've stayed. We have cats and a super friendly/helpful bunch on the forums. Haven't had a desire to go elsewhere. The aesthetic is lovely, the Warden is fluffy, and we do participate in Dom - maybe not as competative as Plague, but that doesn't mean we don't. :> If you are planning to move, goodluck and have a nice time!
That's the question of identifying, in my opinion.

Imagine you're in front of a two-edged road. Both paths are right, but you have the feeling as though you should let your heart decide.
You look to your left. The trees are rotten; everything is looking sick and twisted. Is that blood there?
A dragon approaches you; it's eyes are as red as blood. "Come with us and spread the disease even further. Everything shall have our virus. Everyone must be like us. We won't loose, NEVER."
On your right, you see nothing but ice. The edges are as sharp as razor-blades and no soul is to be seen; only you and the ice-cold distance. Is it snowing?
Another dragon approaches you: it's eyes are as white as ice. "Come with us for ice shall know no failure. We don't have space for warmth. We will not surrender, EVER."
Me being able to descript the worst sides of both clans may not be the best, but would you live with the virus or the cold? Which is more terryfiyng to you?

That's what I asked myself.
That's the question of identifying, in my opinion.

Imagine you're in front of a two-edged road. Both paths are right, but you have the feeling as though you should let your heart decide.
You look to your left. The trees are rotten; everything is looking sick and twisted. Is that blood there?
A dragon approaches you; it's eyes are as red as blood. "Come with us and spread the disease even further. Everything shall have our virus. Everyone must be like us. We won't loose, NEVER."
On your right, you see nothing but ice. The edges are as sharp as razor-blades and no soul is to be seen; only you and the ice-cold distance. Is it snowing?
Another dragon approaches you: it's eyes are as white as ice. "Come with us for ice shall know no failure. We don't have space for warmth. We will not surrender, EVER."
Me being able to descript the worst sides of both clans may not be the best, but would you live with the virus or the cold? Which is more terryfiyng to you?

That's what I asked myself.
50316481p.png
FR +9 G1 collector Wishlist AvatarAdoptables