Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | PSA: Eye Colors and their changes
1 2 3 4 5
everyone has a different array of cones!
everyone has a different array of cones!
always lurking. g1 collector
373.gif401.gif
[quote name="DisasterRising" date="2018-06-10 12:46:57" ] I still really don't understand why people care? I can see the word perfectly clearly but honestly most adult dragons have such small eyes that common--rare eyes make a very minimal impact on the overall look. And if you CANT see the difference- why are you so mad? They would just seem the same as before, right? I'm not trying to be inconsiderate, I just really can't grasp why it makes such a difference to people. Only the primal, multi-eye, and glowing eyes really 'mess' with the look... [/quote] The problem is that people are upset that they CAN see the difference on their dragons, and other people are telling them to basically shut up because THEY can't see the difference on the dragons. I have a dragon [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21279500] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/212796/21279500_350.png[/img] [/url] His eye color got darker. [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=17&wing=21&style=12&gender=0&ages=1&prig=1&secg=1&tert=18&elem=7&tertgene=5&spec=prev.png[/img] I can easily tell that it got darker. Now I am actually happy about that because it seems to me that his eyes now match him better. But for some people I have seen, they have lighter dragons, which the lighter shadow eyes matched perfectly, now they are left with eyes that, while they may not clash with the dragon, no longer are a perfect match. Think of it this way. You repainted a wall, and ran out of paint with just one small square not painted. You can't get that exact color of paint again for whatever reason so that one square is going to be forever a different color (unless you just repaint the entire wall). Some people would simply ignore it, some would place something over it, but others would be greatly upset about the small square being a slightly different color.
DisasterRising wrote on 2018-06-10 12:46:57:
I still really don't understand why people care? I can see the word perfectly clearly but honestly most adult dragons have such small eyes that common--rare eyes make a very minimal impact on the overall look.

And if you CANT see the difference- why are you so mad? They would just seem the same as before, right?

I'm not trying to be inconsiderate, I just really can't grasp why it makes such a difference to people. Only the primal, multi-eye, and glowing eyes really 'mess' with the look...
The problem is that people are upset that they CAN see the difference on their dragons, and other people are telling them to basically shut up because THEY can't see the difference on the dragons.

I have a dragon

21279500_350.png

His eye color got darker.

dragonpic2.php?body=17&wing=21&style=12&gender=0&ages=1&prig=1&secg=1&tert=18&elem=7&tertgene=5&spec=prev.png

I can easily tell that it got darker. Now I am actually happy about that because it seems to me that his eyes now match him better. But for some people I have seen, they have lighter dragons, which the lighter shadow eyes matched perfectly, now they are left with eyes that, while they may not clash with the dragon, no longer are a perfect match.

Think of it this way. You repainted a wall, and ran out of paint with just one small square not painted. You can't get that exact color of paint again for whatever reason so that one square is going to be forever a different color (unless you just repaint the entire wall). Some people would simply ignore it, some would place something over it, but others would be greatly upset about the small square being a slightly different color.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote]But for some people I have seen, they have lighter dragons, which the lighter shadow eyes matched perfectly, now they are left with eyes that, while they may not clash with the dragon, no longer are a perfect match.[/quote] Well, sure I guess...that just seems so extremely nitpicky for people to be THIS mad at the (very well meaning) staff. These dragons haven't been 'ruined'- they just might (to some people) look a liiiiiiittle bit different.
Quote:
But for some people I have seen, they have lighter dragons, which the lighter shadow eyes matched perfectly, now they are left with eyes that, while they may not clash with the dragon, no longer are a perfect match.

Well, sure I guess...that just seems so extremely nitpicky for people to be THIS mad at the (very well meaning) staff. These dragons haven't been 'ruined'- they just might (to some people) look a liiiiiiittle bit different.
roHnXS8.png
[quote name="DisasterRising" date="2018-06-10 12:46:57" ] I still really don't understand why people care? I can see the word perfectly clearly but honestly most adult dragons have such small eyes that common--rare eyes make a very minimal impact on the overall look. And if you CANT see the difference- why are you so mad? They would just seem the same as before, right? I'm not trying to be inconsiderate, I just really can't grasp why it makes such a difference to people. Only the primal, multi-eye, and glowing eyes really 'mess' with the look... [/quote] This. I can see the word, I can see most colour differences and have many arguments with people that various shades of blue are indeed different shades, however the change is so small I'm just perplexed by the "omg it ruined my dragon" reactions. It just feels a little bit like some people are throwing tantrums over a very small change, and it really ruins the forums for me.
DisasterRising wrote on 2018-06-10 12:46:57:
I still really don't understand why people care? I can see the word perfectly clearly but honestly most adult dragons have such small eyes that common--rare eyes make a very minimal impact on the overall look.

And if you CANT see the difference- why are you so mad? They would just seem the same as before, right?

I'm not trying to be inconsiderate, I just really can't grasp why it makes such a difference to people. Only the primal, multi-eye, and glowing eyes really 'mess' with the look...

This.

I can see the word, I can see most colour differences and have many arguments with people that various shades of blue are indeed different shades, however the change is so small I'm just perplexed by the "omg it ruined my dragon" reactions.

It just feels a little bit like some people are throwing tantrums over a very small change, and it really ruins the forums for me.
The thing is also that when the colourwheel came out, you could scatter a dragon you were unhappy with. And, as has been said, there were still dozens of colour-combinations, and sometimes you could mask the new undesired Seafoam with a new gene.

But with eyes? You cannot get different colours on a dragon; your best shot is to get a scroll that will be retired in eleven hours from now and pray that you haven't wasted your money because the scroll gives you the exact same eye type as you had before.

The fact that the older eyes were also slightly changed means that I had to scrap an entire breeding project (with 15 ancestor dragons involved to keep the bloodlines diverse enough). Before, with the old eyes, it was just acceptable with the colour variance and difference, but now the eyes stand out far too much. So, I had to scrap the entire project and all of the offspring so far. And I know of several others who had to bin their projects for pretty much the same reason.

I do believe a significant amount of the outrage (mine included) stems from the fact that the scattersight vials are extremely limited items, and that there is absolutely no way to determine eye types until you hatch the egg. A lot of unlucky people might end up with an undesired Primal eye on a single-egg nest from two Imperials that were the perfect type of parents.

Had the scattersight vial instead been required to add new eyes, rather than it being random when an egg hatches, and eyes were possible to pass down to hatchlings? Honestly, that would have been a better implementation, and would function brilliantly with the existing genes and colours.
The thing is also that when the colourwheel came out, you could scatter a dragon you were unhappy with. And, as has been said, there were still dozens of colour-combinations, and sometimes you could mask the new undesired Seafoam with a new gene.

But with eyes? You cannot get different colours on a dragon; your best shot is to get a scroll that will be retired in eleven hours from now and pray that you haven't wasted your money because the scroll gives you the exact same eye type as you had before.

The fact that the older eyes were also slightly changed means that I had to scrap an entire breeding project (with 15 ancestor dragons involved to keep the bloodlines diverse enough). Before, with the old eyes, it was just acceptable with the colour variance and difference, but now the eyes stand out far too much. So, I had to scrap the entire project and all of the offspring so far. And I know of several others who had to bin their projects for pretty much the same reason.

I do believe a significant amount of the outrage (mine included) stems from the fact that the scattersight vials are extremely limited items, and that there is absolutely no way to determine eye types until you hatch the egg. A lot of unlucky people might end up with an undesired Primal eye on a single-egg nest from two Imperials that were the perfect type of parents.

Had the scattersight vial instead been required to add new eyes, rather than it being random when an egg hatches, and eyes were possible to pass down to hatchlings? Honestly, that would have been a better implementation, and would function brilliantly with the existing genes and colours.
tumblr_inline_nk71anzSWJ1qg2i5p.png
Thanks for explaining this to the players that have been unable to notice the changes!

I can see the word ''BEAD'' on all the images you posted just fine, so the new eyes on some of my dragons have made me a bit miffed about this update.

I like the new Common eyes, I can understand why Staff made these changes, but dear science, I really do miss the old eyes and will now have to rethink some of my breeding projects.

I hope it'll be easier to change the eye types in the future, though, 'cause using the Scattersight is risky and on top of that it will soon be permanently retired. I think it's OK if they retire the Scattersight, but only if they introduce some other method of getting the new eyes.
Thanks for explaining this to the players that have been unable to notice the changes!

I can see the word ''BEAD'' on all the images you posted just fine, so the new eyes on some of my dragons have made me a bit miffed about this update.

I like the new Common eyes, I can understand why Staff made these changes, but dear science, I really do miss the old eyes and will now have to rethink some of my breeding projects.

I hope it'll be easier to change the eye types in the future, though, 'cause using the Scattersight is risky and on top of that it will soon be permanently retired. I think it's OK if they retire the Scattersight, but only if they introduce some other method of getting the new eyes.
69nIsKW.pngZZyKFJK.gifaeepzid.pngK5Ygz6H.gifkQ6a9lN.pnghYGY1dA.gifs934ycP.png
I can kinda see it, but I don't mind in the least!
I can kinda see it, but I don't mind in the least!
fruityfresh%20by%20underscum.png
Yeah, there's the thing that you can scatter a dragon and start anew if you didn't like the color wheel changes. With eyes you can't really replace a progen or a valuable gen 1 or that dragon you're just so proud of.
Yeah, there's the thing that you can scatter a dragon and start anew if you didn't like the color wheel changes. With eyes you can't really replace a progen or a valuable gen 1 or that dragon you're just so proud of.
QYzhmAi.png
I can't really see much difference in the original eyes and the common eyes. Not unless you put images with both right next to each other.
I can't really see much difference in the original eyes and the common eyes. Not unless you put images with both right next to each other.
imageedit_7_8440965932.png
✧✧✧ AXES - THEY - 21 ✧✧✧
•••
MY HATCHERY
imageedit_6_5428970908.png
[quote name="DisasterRising" date="2018-06-10 12:59:21" ] [quote]But for some people I have seen, they have lighter dragons, which the lighter shadow eyes matched perfectly, now they are left with eyes that, while they may not clash with the dragon, no longer are a perfect match.[/quote] Well, sure I guess...that just seems so extremely nitpicky for people to be THIS mad at the (very well meaning) staff. These dragons haven't been 'ruined'- they just might (to some people) look a liiiiiiittle bit different. [/quote] Heres the thing, to me at least, it isn't up to you to say whether or not the dragon is ruined. It isn't your dragon, so you have no say in whether a dragon is ruined or not. To those people complaining, their dragons are ruined. Period. Some people have put tons of time, energy, treasure and gems, and potentially real money, into getting specific dragons. Many of these people also cared about the eye color, so they spent that time, energy, etc.. on getting dragons with eyes that matched their color scheme. Now, for some dragons at least, those eyes no longer match their color scheme, or their apparel, or their skins/accents. Even a slight color change can be a big deal to those who actually can tell the difference. I know there are some blues, just a slight bit off from others, that I dislike, while I love the ones that are just a shade or two different. I tend to prefer darker colors to lighter, and so am happy that a lighter purple changed to a darker one. However, there are those who prefer lighter colors to darker, and thus got eyes that were specifically lighter than others, instead of dark, who are now unhappy because they are darker eyes. Another game I play allows players to create pets using hex colors. I can change just one digit in the hex code and it can throw off the entire look, because as stated, even a slight change, and how people perceive color, can create drastic changes.
DisasterRising wrote on 2018-06-10 12:59:21:
Quote:
But for some people I have seen, they have lighter dragons, which the lighter shadow eyes matched perfectly, now they are left with eyes that, while they may not clash with the dragon, no longer are a perfect match.

Well, sure I guess...that just seems so extremely nitpicky for people to be THIS mad at the (very well meaning) staff. These dragons haven't been 'ruined'- they just might (to some people) look a liiiiiiittle bit different.
Heres the thing, to me at least, it isn't up to you to say whether or not the dragon is ruined. It isn't your dragon, so you have no say in whether a dragon is ruined or not. To those people complaining, their dragons are ruined. Period.

Some people have put tons of time, energy, treasure and gems, and potentially real money, into getting specific dragons. Many of these people also cared about the eye color, so they spent that time, energy, etc.. on getting dragons with eyes that matched their color scheme. Now, for some dragons at least, those eyes no longer match their color scheme, or their apparel, or their skins/accents.

Even a slight color change can be a big deal to those who actually can tell the difference. I know there are some blues, just a slight bit off from others, that I dislike, while I love the ones that are just a shade or two different. I tend to prefer darker colors to lighter, and so am happy that a lighter purple changed to a darker one. However, there are those who prefer lighter colors to darker, and thus got eyes that were specifically lighter than others, instead of dark, who are now unhappy because they are darker eyes.

Another game I play allows players to create pets using hex colors. I can change just one digit in the hex code and it can throw off the entire look, because as stated, even a slight change, and how people perceive color, can create drastic changes.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2 3 4 5