Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | PSA: Eye Colors and their changes
1 2 3 4 5
@LucidDreams Really? I remember a lot of people were extremely upset over seafoam and especially maize
@LucidDreams Really? I remember a lot of people were extremely upset over seafoam and especially maize
T5GEBka.png
I can see all of those examples extremely clearly
I can see all of those examples extremely clearly
I collect birds! All birds! Any birds! Birds!!!!W1Dayps.png
I knew there was something up with my monitor when it came to reds, though I can see the (big) changed eyes on Spirals and whatnot just fine. Then again, Plague changed the sclera, not the iris.
I knew there was something up with my monitor when it came to reds, though I can see the (big) changed eyes on Spirals and whatnot just fine. Then again, Plague changed the sclera, not the iris.
QYzhmAi.png
Yeah.
I wish more people understood too, just because they can't see any difference and/or don't care doesn't mean other people should feel the same way they do. Really uncool telling people how they should feel about a thing, the majority of the the nastier drama I've seen around this update stems from people trying to invalidate other people's feelings on the changes.

Reminding people to be civil, respectful, and constructive in their criticism is not the same as telling them to stop complaining because it's fine.

I actually like the way the updated common eyes look, especially on coatls (more detailed) but I feel badly for people this has effected negatively.

They have every right to feel that way. Telling them an uncommon-rare eye looks more like the old ones so just use 3-10 scattersights on every Light, Ice, Plague, Shadow, Water, and Wind dragon they own isn't a valid solution and comes across as condescending, even if that isn't the intent.
Yeah.
I wish more people understood too, just because they can't see any difference and/or don't care doesn't mean other people should feel the same way they do. Really uncool telling people how they should feel about a thing, the majority of the the nastier drama I've seen around this update stems from people trying to invalidate other people's feelings on the changes.

Reminding people to be civil, respectful, and constructive in their criticism is not the same as telling them to stop complaining because it's fine.

I actually like the way the updated common eyes look, especially on coatls (more detailed) but I feel badly for people this has effected negatively.

They have every right to feel that way. Telling them an uncommon-rare eye looks more like the old ones so just use 3-10 scattersights on every Light, Ice, Plague, Shadow, Water, and Wind dragon they own isn't a valid solution and comes across as condescending, even if that isn't the intent.
@LucidDreams
Yeah, but to be fair, those changes would have mainly only affected the dragons with those colors. Smaller percentage of dragons directly involved. All dragons have eyes so the changes have a wider influence (even though they're often tiny on dragons) and quite a few people put a lot of value on having matching eyes.
I joined Ice because I liked the white eyes. And now several of the eyes look very blue to me, I wouldn't have even pegged them as ice eyes at all without knowing that's what they were, I would have guessed water. It's not a huge dealbreaker for me but for people who had or were working for dragons where a blue-white doesn't match the colors, that's going to be pretty frustrating. Especially on breeds with bigger eyes. Same with the other changes to common eyes.

I do think changing the default eye colors this late in the game was ill advised, I can understand why they probably did it, but I think they should have left them alone.
@LucidDreams
Yeah, but to be fair, those changes would have mainly only affected the dragons with those colors. Smaller percentage of dragons directly involved. All dragons have eyes so the changes have a wider influence (even though they're often tiny on dragons) and quite a few people put a lot of value on having matching eyes.
I joined Ice because I liked the white eyes. And now several of the eyes look very blue to me, I wouldn't have even pegged them as ice eyes at all without knowing that's what they were, I would have guessed water. It's not a huge dealbreaker for me but for people who had or were working for dragons where a blue-white doesn't match the colors, that's going to be pretty frustrating. Especially on breeds with bigger eyes. Same with the other changes to common eyes.

I do think changing the default eye colors this late in the game was ill advised, I can understand why they probably did it, but I think they should have left them alone.
[quote name="LucidDreams" date="2018-06-10 12:12:07" ] I just don't understand why there's this huge uproar over eyes, but there wasn't nearly as big of an uproar when some colours were completely changed after the colour wheel expansion (like seafoam and pink). Unless there was an uproar then and I missed it idk. [/quote] *Raises hand.* I'm the uproar about seafoam. I don't really go around talking about it though, it's just banned from my lair. It messed up two of my dragons (a 6-digit double and a guy I had since almost the beginning who'd been regened once), and I tossed them. Was a bit salty for awhile but eventually I got ever it, and came to understand and accept that the staff has to throw out the old and outdated to bring in the new and updated stuff. I may not like it, but they're doing it to improve the site, and I appreciate that. And yes, the update did ruin some of my dragons' eyes (and I will be getting rid of said dragons). I can see the word in all of the above images, have noticed the change in eye color, but am not bothered at all by it. Nothing stays the same forever. Plus, the staff are amazing and adorable with their devotion and excitement about this site that I can't really get upset with them (if I had reason too). The staff is awesome here, honestly. My sister was banned on another game for "hacking' when, in reality, the gamemaker's paid players (like, they spent thousands of dollars on this game) complained about her beating them too much, so the gamemaker banned her. I can even say the game's name anymore, she's so salty about it (while $40 isn't a lot, she spent about that and [i]tons [/i]of time on that game and is upset about it). So yeah, we could of had staff like [i]that[/i] instead.
LucidDreams wrote on 2018-06-10 12:12:07:
I just don't understand why there's this huge uproar over eyes, but there wasn't nearly as big of an uproar when some colours were completely changed after the colour wheel expansion (like seafoam and pink). Unless there was an uproar then and I missed it idk.
*Raises hand.* I'm the uproar about seafoam. I don't really go around talking about it though, it's just banned from my lair. It messed up two of my dragons (a 6-digit double and a guy I had since almost the beginning who'd been regened once), and I tossed them. Was a bit salty for awhile but eventually I got ever it, and came to understand and accept that the staff has to throw out the old and outdated to bring in the new and updated stuff. I may not like it, but they're doing it to improve the site, and I appreciate that.

And yes, the update did ruin some of my dragons' eyes (and I will be getting rid of said dragons). I can see the word in all of the above images, have noticed the change in eye color, but am not bothered at all by it. Nothing stays the same forever.

Plus, the staff are amazing and adorable with their devotion and excitement about this site that I can't really get upset with them (if I had reason too). The staff is awesome here, honestly. My sister was banned on another game for "hacking' when, in reality, the gamemaker's paid players (like, they spent thousands of dollars on this game) complained about her beating them too much, so the gamemaker banned her. I can even say the game's name anymore, she's so salty about it (while $40 isn't a lot, she spent about that and tons of time on that game and is upset about it). So yeah, we could of had staff like that instead.
X
X
loading.gif

X
X
I can't see the word in that first red block at all. Interesting!
I can't see the word in that first red block at all. Interesting!
177499lightofknowledge2.png
I still really don't understand why people care? I can see the word perfectly clearly but honestly most adult dragons have such small eyes that common--rare eyes make a very minimal impact on the overall look.

And if you CANT see the difference- why are you so mad? They would just seem the same as before, right?

I'm not trying to be inconsiderate, I just really can't grasp why it makes such a difference to people. Only the primal, multi-eye, and glowing eyes really 'mess' with the look...
I still really don't understand why people care? I can see the word perfectly clearly but honestly most adult dragons have such small eyes that common--rare eyes make a very minimal impact on the overall look.

And if you CANT see the difference- why are you so mad? They would just seem the same as before, right?

I'm not trying to be inconsiderate, I just really can't grasp why it makes such a difference to people. Only the primal, multi-eye, and glowing eyes really 'mess' with the look...
roHnXS8.png
Thanks for the PSA! I couldn't see a word in most of those images except for the last one. Tbf, I don't even notice much of a difference between the other eye colors (especially in Wind).
Thanks for the PSA! I couldn't see a word in most of those images except for the last one. Tbf, I don't even notice much of a difference between the other eye colors (especially in Wind).
QjxN3Ta.jpg
I can see the eye differences. I just didn't get all angry about it.
I can see the eye differences. I just didn't get all angry about it.
1 2 3 4 5