Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Different users in the same household?
Heeey there. I'm not sure if this is the right place to be asking this, but I wanted to see about multiple accounts using the same IP address. My mother's seen me using Flight Rising over the last couple months, and she's wanted to check the site out for herself. I told her I'd let her know when registration opens up, but I wanted to see if there was any sort of...anything that I had to do? Should I be informing anyone or...anything like that? I really don't want to end up getting banned, so I thought I'd look into this before registration opens up again.

Again, I'm not at all sure if this is where I should be posting this, and I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong area or if there's some place where this information is already posted. I'm pretty new to the site myself and I haven't done much poking around in the forums. c:
Heeey there. I'm not sure if this is the right place to be asking this, but I wanted to see about multiple accounts using the same IP address. My mother's seen me using Flight Rising over the last couple months, and she's wanted to check the site out for herself. I told her I'd let her know when registration opens up, but I wanted to see if there was any sort of...anything that I had to do? Should I be informing anyone or...anything like that? I really don't want to end up getting banned, so I thought I'd look into this before registration opens up again.

Again, I'm not at all sure if this is where I should be posting this, and I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong area or if there's some place where this information is already posted. I'm pretty new to the site myself and I haven't done much poking around in the forums. c:
tumblr_mz8qpxqPHf1s07ozwo5_250.gif
@Roman I wouldn't worry too much about it! Admins/Mods have said before that people using the same IP address isn't the only thing they're looking at for detecting multi-accounting or account sharing or what have you. Just don't dump all your items/treasure into her account or vice-versa, and you can both put disclaimers on your profiles if you want c:
@Roman I wouldn't worry too much about it! Admins/Mods have said before that people using the same IP address isn't the only thing they're looking at for detecting multi-accounting or account sharing or what have you. Just don't dump all your items/treasure into her account or vice-versa, and you can both put disclaimers on your profiles if you want c:
cZLsLHr.png
[quote name="Jaena" date="2014-03-22 20:45:18"]@Roman I wouldn't worry too much about it! Admins/Mods have said before that people using the same IP address isn't the only thing they're looking at for detecting multi-accounting or account sharing or what have you. Just don't dump all your items/treasure into her account or vice-versa, and you can both put disclaimers on your profiles if you want c:[/quote] Thank you! c:
Jaena wrote on 2014-03-22 20:45:18:

Thank you! c:
tumblr_mz8qpxqPHf1s07ozwo5_250.gif
The admins have said that, but I've also heard on tumblr about people getting banned for having multiple accounts in one household and sending each other gifts. Of course you never know what's true on tumblr, but if I were you I would make sure to try to keep interaction between the accounts minimal, just in case!
The admins have said that, but I've also heard on tumblr about people getting banned for having multiple accounts in one household and sending each other gifts. Of course you never know what's true on tumblr, but if I were you I would make sure to try to keep interaction between the accounts minimal, just in case!
Just to confirm: Sharing an IP is not enough to warrant account action. You'll be fine.
Just to confirm: Sharing an IP is not enough to warrant account action. You'll be fine.