Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A slightly nasty surprise:
Before I ever do anything else on FR i check the scrying workshop, and today this appeared as the random scry: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=5&bodygene=16&breed=2&element=5&eyetype=5&gender=0&tert=101&tertgene=16&winggene=0&wings=167&auth=cba4647e9e1bd1352c4e65ec69459391d6f5174a&dummyext=prev.png[/img] WHY ARE THERE SO MANY EYES IS THIS A BUG WHAT Then I read the update. ngl I'm getting used to these terrifying, eldritch, many-eyed horrors, might have a few in my lair soon... and I don't understand all the negativity I've been seeing? EYES, guys.
Before I ever do anything else on FR i check the scrying workshop, and today this appeared as the random scry:

dragon?age=1&body=5&bodygene=16&breed=2&element=5&eyetype=5&gender=0&tert=101&tertgene=16&winggene=0&wings=167&auth=cba4647e9e1bd1352c4e65ec69459391d6f5174a&dummyext=prev.png

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY EYES IS THIS A BUG WHAT
Then I read the update.

ngl I'm getting used to these terrifying, eldritch, many-eyed horrors, might have a few in my lair soon... and I don't understand all the negativity I've been seeing? EYES, guys.
GtVFZUI.png
Personally I'm a bit unenthused because multiple eyes/eye mutations are really creepy to me. That's why I stayed out of the flights that are about mutations (Plague, Arcane).

But now I have to deal with them anyway :/ The concept is cool for many users I'm sure, but. I really dislike eyes T__T

I really like the idea of the update, but the multiple eyes are something I wish weren't included in the random lineup. Maybe as an item like the glow ones. I just don't want to hatch them myself .__.
Personally I'm a bit unenthused because multiple eyes/eye mutations are really creepy to me. That's why I stayed out of the flights that are about mutations (Plague, Arcane).

But now I have to deal with them anyway :/ The concept is cool for many users I'm sure, but. I really dislike eyes T__T

I really like the idea of the update, but the multiple eyes are something I wish weren't included in the random lineup. Maybe as an item like the glow ones. I just don't want to hatch them myself .__.
signature_fr_soleillune_by_vampireselene13-d906e30.png
It's not an eldritch horror until its got tentacles ;)
The Great Library
Come share your favourite books and find some more to read!
The negativity is because there's no permanently available way to change the eyes at the moment, and also no way to change them back to common.

And while I do love Multi-Gaze, I understand why some people don't want it and don't want to be stuck with it on any important breeding projects.
The negativity is because there's no permanently available way to change the eyes at the moment, and also no way to change them back to common.

And while I do love Multi-Gaze, I understand why some people don't want it and don't want to be stuck with it on any important breeding projects.
jzvbXGV.pngsignatureletsmakesomescience_by_starryspelunker-da15fz6.pngeqUNHue.png
[quote name="Overread" date="2018-06-08 11:43:03" ] It's not an eldritch horror until its got tentacles ;) [/quote] Cursed mental image Also, the exit door is over there in case you were looking for it
Overread wrote on 2018-06-08 11:43:03:

Cursed mental image

Also, the exit door is over there in case you were looking for it
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gifnature_0.pngnature_1.png9p.png
[quote name="LibraryWhale" date="2018-06-08 11:45:09" ] The negativity is because there's no permanently available way to change the eyes at the moment, and also no way to change them back to common. And while I do love Multi-Gaze, I understand why some people don't want it and don't want to be stuck with it on any important breeding projects. [/quote] Ahh but they forget the fix is simple - glowing eyes!! What self respecting modern dragon doesn't want magical glowing eyes of mysterious inner powers!
LibraryWhale wrote on 2018-06-08 11:45:09:

Ahh but they forget the fix is simple - glowing eyes!! What self respecting modern dragon doesn't want magical glowing eyes of mysterious inner powers!
The Great Library
[quote name="FelisAries" date="2018-06-08 11:45:19" ] [quote name="Overread" date="2018-06-08 11:43:03" ] It's not an eldritch horror until its got tentacles ;) [/quote] Cursed mental image Also, the exit door is over there in case you were looking for it [/quote] So you don't want to hear about eyes on stalks? Or webbed claws? Or even more tentacles? Or multiple mouths or crooked fangs or ghostly skeletons or or or or Anglerfish and other horrors of the great deep ocean?!
FelisAries wrote on 2018-06-08 11:45:19:
Overread wrote on 2018-06-08 11:43:03:

Cursed mental image

Also, the exit door is over there in case you were looking for it

So you don't want to hear about eyes on stalks? Or webbed claws? Or even more tentacles? Or multiple mouths or crooked fangs or ghostly skeletons or or or or Anglerfish and other horrors of the great deep ocean?!
The Great Library
[quote name="Soleil" date="2018-06-08 11:41:13" ] Personally I'm a bit unenthused because multiple eyes/eye mutations are really creepy to me. But now I have to deal with them anyway :/ The concept is cool for many users I'm sure, but. I really dislike eyes T__T I really like the idea of the update, but the multiple eyes are something I wish weren't included in the random lineup. Maybe as an item like the glow ones. I just don't want to hatch them myself .__. [/quote] This is how I feel as well, but I love the rest of the eyes!!
Soleil wrote on 2018-06-08 11:41:13:
Personally I'm a bit unenthused because multiple eyes/eye mutations are really creepy to me.

This is how I feel as well, but I love the rest of the eyes!!
Pale Pink Rose
+2 hours, she/her :)
there is no 'r' in my user!
accent shop
wishlist
ISO aug 26 2023 hatches
[quote name="Overread" date="2018-06-08 11:46:37" ] [quote name="LibraryWhale" date="2018-06-08 11:45:09" ] The negativity is because there's no permanently available way to change the eyes at the moment, and also no way to change them back to common. And while I do love Multi-Gaze, I understand why some people don't want it and don't want to be stuck with it on any important breeding projects. [/quote] Ahh but they forget the fix is simple - glowing eyes!! What self respecting modern dragon doesn't want magical glowing eyes of mysterious inner powers! [/quote] ah yes the simple fix that costs 200 gems that doesn't actually fix anything because they're still not the common unobtrusive eyes some people might be going for with their breeding projects
Overread wrote on 2018-06-08 11:46:37:

Ahh but they forget the fix is simple - glowing eyes!! What self respecting modern dragon doesn't want magical glowing eyes of mysterious inner powers!

ah yes the simple fix that costs 200 gems that doesn't actually fix anything because they're still not the common unobtrusive eyes some people might be going for with their breeding projects
[quote name="Overread" date="2018-06-08 11:46:37" ] [quote name="LibraryWhale" date="2018-06-08 11:45:09" ] The negativity is because there's no permanently available way to change the eyes at the moment, and also no way to change them back to common. And while I do love Multi-Gaze, I understand why some people don't want it and don't want to be stuck with it on any important breeding projects. [/quote] Ahh but they forget the fix is simple - glowing eyes!! What self respecting modern dragon doesn't want magical glowing eyes of mysterious inner powers! [/quote] *raises hand* Mine don't. Especially not the Imps, for whom the glowing eyes are just this glaring spotlight that takes up a quarter of their faces. And I don't imagine the people saying that the new eyes make their dragons look soulless are lining up to choose the empty glow as their first fix-it option, either. Glowing eyes are only a fix [i]if you want glowing eyes.[/i] Not simple at all.
Overread wrote on 2018-06-08 11:46:37:

*raises hand* Mine don't. Especially not the Imps, for whom the glowing eyes are just this glaring spotlight that takes up a quarter of their faces. And I don't imagine the people saying that the new eyes make their dragons look soulless are lining up to choose the empty glow as their first fix-it option, either. Glowing eyes are only a fix if you want glowing eyes. Not simple at all.
9o5YF7O.png