Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Change the Choose Familiar screen
1 2 3
So this has all been bothering me for A While. I'm talking about this: [img]https://i.imgur.com/dP7F5Q7.png[/img] Just by looking at it you can notice several issues, I'm hoping to be able to compile a list of every possible fix here. First and foremost, some sorting options. As of now, it's a nightmare for anyone with many familiars who bonds regularly to go through and find any that aren't already awakened. My first suggestion for this would be: 1. [b]Give us an option to filter out awakened familiars[/b]. This can either be done by having some visual effect on awakened familiars (such as greying the entire icon out), having a sorting option like we do with food in our hoards (perhaps sort by each bonding level?), or simply a checkbox with "Show only unawakened familiars". [i]"But you can just store awakened familiars in your vault!"[/i] Sure, but that's not solving the problem, that's going around it. Vaulting familiars also makes it more difficult for sellers/traders/melters to tell which familiars they have duplicates of. 2. [b]The ability to sort by alphabetical order[/b] - This would actually help tremendously, especially regarding awakened familiars. Right now the only option those of us who don't want to have to chuck our buddies in our vaults have is to refer to our Bestiaries, which are already alphabetical. Meanwhile Stored Familiars is in order of release date, which makes looking for any specific familiars difficult. Alphabetical order paired with an Awakened filter would make it a piece of cake. 3. [b]A search bar[/b]. Should be self explanatory but again it would make searching for any specific familiars much, much easier. The next and most obvious issue: It's tiny, and I mean [i]really tiny[/i], especially for those of us with a large amount of familiars. Just look at how itty bitty that scroll wheel is! So the second suggestion is to simply [b]make the Stored Familiars box [u]and the familiar icons[/u] bigger[/b]. Both are so needlessly miniscule that even with sorting and visual aids (and my own browser zoomed in 110%) it's still very difficult to see its contents. Not to mention, [url=https://i.imgur.com/swtiOdl.png]look how much extra room is on the page[/url]. Here's just a couple new layout suggestions: Keeping it small: [img]https://i.imgur.com/a9CnPLO.png[/img] Hoard 2.0: [img]https://i.imgur.com/eA6kY0R.png[/img] (Info can go on the right or left of the chosen familiar, or even below either box) Lastly, not as important but bringing it back to suggestion number one. If a sorting system similar to that of our food in our hoard is implemented, some other sorting options that may be useful: [LIST] [*]Coliseum (could be sorted by venue, or simply just coli fams in general) [*]Treasure MP exclusive [*]Gem MP exclusive [*]Holiday/Festival [*]Special (This would be for April Fools or Kickstarter fams) [/LIST] That's all I can think up for now, may or may not add to this depending on input!
So this has all been bothering me for A While. I'm talking about this:

dP7F5Q7.png

Just by looking at it you can notice several issues, I'm hoping to be able to compile a list of every possible fix here.

First and foremost, some sorting options. As of now, it's a nightmare for anyone with many familiars who bonds regularly to go through and find any that aren't already awakened. My first suggestion for this would be:

1. Give us an option to filter out awakened familiars. This can either be done by having some visual effect on awakened familiars (such as greying the entire icon out), having a sorting option like we do with food in our hoards (perhaps sort by each bonding level?), or simply a checkbox with "Show only unawakened familiars".

"But you can just store awakened familiars in your vault!"

Sure, but that's not solving the problem, that's going around it. Vaulting familiars also makes it more difficult for sellers/traders/melters to tell which familiars they have duplicates of.

2. The ability to sort by alphabetical order - This would actually help tremendously, especially regarding awakened familiars. Right now the only option those of us who don't want to have to chuck our buddies in our vaults have is to refer to our Bestiaries, which are already alphabetical. Meanwhile Stored Familiars is in order of release date, which makes looking for any specific familiars difficult. Alphabetical order paired with an Awakened filter would make it a piece of cake.

3. A search bar. Should be self explanatory but again it would make searching for any specific familiars much, much easier.

The next and most obvious issue: It's tiny, and I mean really tiny, especially for those of us with a large amount of familiars. Just look at how itty bitty that scroll wheel is!

So the second suggestion is to simply make the Stored Familiars box and the familiar icons bigger. Both are so needlessly miniscule that even with sorting and visual aids (and my own browser zoomed in 110%) it's still very difficult to see its contents. Not to mention, look how much extra room is on the page.

Here's just a couple new layout suggestions:

Keeping it small:
a9CnPLO.png

Hoard 2.0:
eA6kY0R.png
(Info can go on the right or left of the chosen familiar, or even below either box)

Lastly, not as important but bringing it back to suggestion number one. If a sorting system similar to that of our food in our hoard is implemented, some other sorting options that may be useful:
  • Coliseum (could be sorted by venue, or simply just coli fams in general)
  • Treasure MP exclusive
  • Gem MP exclusive
  • Holiday/Festival
  • Special (This would be for April Fools or Kickstarter fams)

That's all I can think up for now, may or may not add to this depending on input!
34788.png __ kai | he/they | FR+3
» selling / trading thread
» looking for accent wearers

I've never had an issue with the sizes, but if it would be easier for some to have it bigger, I wouldn't object.

However, wholeheartedly support your search/sort/filter suggestions. (Another criteria that might be handy: familiars not already bonded with today.)
@snackeater

I've never had an issue with the sizes, but if it would be easier for some to have it bigger, I wouldn't object.

However, wholeheartedly support your search/sort/filter suggestions. (Another criteria that might be handy: familiars not already bonded with today.)
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
@snackeater

I would absolutley love an option to see the status of a familiar in the screen or the hoard. Right now I have a difficult time to find an unawakened familiar in my hoard to put on my dragons, as the beastiary has another order than our vault.

(Our familiar count is not reduced when we put a familiar in the vault, but the vault ain't the solution to the problem, as you can't see the status of the familiar in the vault.)
@snackeater

I would absolutley love an option to see the status of a familiar in the screen or the hoard. Right now I have a difficult time to find an unawakened familiar in my hoard to put on my dragons, as the beastiary has another order than our vault.

(Our familiar count is not reduced when we put a familiar in the vault, but the vault ain't the solution to the problem, as you can't see the status of the familiar in the vault.)
Down to earth and digging...
@Grimbart Huh, I couldda sworn that was (or used to be?) the case but you're right. Gonna fix that now o;

Thanks!
@Grimbart Huh, I couldda sworn that was (or used to be?) the case but you're right. Gonna fix that now o;

Thanks!
34788.png __ kai | he/they | FR+3
» selling / trading thread
» looking for accent wearers
I would love some indicator of awakened familiars, like maybe a golden rim around the familiar icon?
tumblr_na5dh68Ezc1tfzajgo2_500.gif
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.pngtumblr_inline_nknclfI9au1rgacqp.giftumblr_inline_naz0b53uHQ1qg78ij.png
I support this. I think that graying out the familliar or marking them with a "awakened star" would help a lot.
I support this. I think that graying out the familliar or marking them with a "awakened star" would help a lot.
jvdWac5.pnggif_by_zwiezda-d9071b6.gif
Please, for the love of all that is holy, let us filter familiars and apparel.

I sometimes spend so long trying to find a specific familiar or apparel item that I nearly give up; they're not in an order convenient to locate in the least.
Please, for the love of all that is holy, let us filter familiars and apparel.

I sometimes spend so long trying to find a specific familiar or apparel item that I nearly give up; they're not in an order convenient to locate in the least.

G2 Sandsurges!
Wasp/Flair/Augment
300g/kt
88403293.png88403294.png88403295.png88403296.png
I agree with every single one of these points, as a person who has 32 pages of food, 12 pages of familiars, 27 pages of vaulted familiars and 107 pages of apparel, it would be really handy if I could be able to filter, search and sort my apparel and especially my familiars. I can't even tell you how many times I lost track of my awakening statuses, how many times I sent someone a familiar I didn't have in my hoard, how many times I lost my familiar somewhere in this gigantic pile when I should have vaulted them, etc. I tend to send gifts to people...a lot, and my friends and I exchange lots of gifts, how do I tell someone "hey I was gonna send you some gifts but I realised I accidentally sent you a familiar I didn't have a surplus of so could you like give it back to me?" That's awkward and horrible, one doesn't want to go through that. Yes to this idea, big support and I hope FRew decides to create some sort of indicator which will tell me where my multiple familiars are.

FRew, please fix that familiar count on the user's profile page as well! I have most of my familiars in my vault, it looks like I have only 289 befriended familiars when I actually have 612.
I agree with every single one of these points, as a person who has 32 pages of food, 12 pages of familiars, 27 pages of vaulted familiars and 107 pages of apparel, it would be really handy if I could be able to filter, search and sort my apparel and especially my familiars. I can't even tell you how many times I lost track of my awakening statuses, how many times I sent someone a familiar I didn't have in my hoard, how many times I lost my familiar somewhere in this gigantic pile when I should have vaulted them, etc. I tend to send gifts to people...a lot, and my friends and I exchange lots of gifts, how do I tell someone "hey I was gonna send you some gifts but I realised I accidentally sent you a familiar I didn't have a surplus of so could you like give it back to me?" That's awkward and horrible, one doesn't want to go through that. Yes to this idea, big support and I hope FRew decides to create some sort of indicator which will tell me where my multiple familiars are.

FRew, please fix that familiar count on the user's profile page as well! I have most of my familiars in my vault, it looks like I have only 289 befriended familiars when I actually have 612.
1163.pnglPHbqY1.png15295.pngdominator_magma_robot_by_defunctbattery-db7x12o.gifznkYagL.png
I would love the familars in the select to be larger. Gosh I have so many problems with that and my poor eyes
I would love the familars in the select to be larger. Gosh I have so many problems with that and my poor eyes
4qcj.png tumblr_inline_njucf1YnRj1r7wjf7.png ~They/Them
~+3 hours FR Time
~Shameless Fan Dragon Lair
~I Love Friend Requests
~Need cheap fodder? Pre-order a nest full! 1 gem down, 3 gems per egg
tumblr_inline_njucf2ZZft1r7wjf7.png tumblr_p6un9pL5QF1utez9io3_100.png
1 2 3