Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | I didn't save my game
1 2
I went and spent six hours playing pokemon, and what do I do? Not save, accidentally press the power button. All I can do now is put away the cursed ds for six months until I forget what I have done. [img]https://static01.nyt.com/images/2016/08/05/us/05onfire1_xp/05onfire1_xp-facebookJumbo.jpg[/img]
I went and spent six hours playing pokemon, and what do I do? Not save, accidentally press the power button.

All I can do now is put away the cursed ds for six months until I forget what I have done.
05onfire1_xp-facebookJumbo.jpg
Untitled_Artwork.png
[center][img]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/medium/000/023/768/upload.png[/img][/center]
upload.png
o007-d01-Amorah.pngo007-d02-Amorah.pngo007-d03-Amorah.pngo007-d04-Amorah.pngs064-d01-Amorah.pngs064-d02-Amorah.pngs064-d03-Amorah.pngs064-d04-Amorah.pngs064-d05-Amorah.pngs064-d06-Amorah.pngs064-d07-Amorah.pngs064-d08-Amorah.pngs064-d09-Amorah.pngs064-d10-Amorah.pngs075-d01-Amorah.pngs075-d02-Amorah.pngs075-d03-Amorah.pngs075-d04-Amorah.pngs075-d05-Amorah.pngs075-d06-Amorah.pngo007-d05-Amorah.png
ADb9Vnz.png
God I’ve done that so many times when playing Pokemon Firered lol.
God I’ve done that so many times when playing Pokemon Firered lol.
733EAYl.png
I remember when I was playing FireRed when I was about eight or nine and I spent probably a food few hours doing a lot of stuff, such as catching a Heracross and other things I cannot remember. I noticed the cartridge was not really pushed in all the way, so I made the dumb choice of pushing the cartridge in the rest of the way. The screen froze and the game started making weird noises...

Of course--you guessed it--I did not save at all before I did that. I was really upset that I lost the Heracross I caught and whatever else I did and I am pretty sure I started crying because of my dumb choice. Fortunately, it did not damage the cartridge or my save data at all.
I remember when I was playing FireRed when I was about eight or nine and I spent probably a food few hours doing a lot of stuff, such as catching a Heracross and other things I cannot remember. I noticed the cartridge was not really pushed in all the way, so I made the dumb choice of pushing the cartridge in the rest of the way. The screen froze and the game started making weird noises...

Of course--you guessed it--I did not save at all before I did that. I was really upset that I lost the Heracross I caught and whatever else I did and I am pretty sure I started crying because of my dumb choice. Fortunately, it did not damage the cartridge or my save data at all.
9vqTYg0.gifcfa4eab0-1638-11eb-9b4b-e1371d599c63.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.giffl0edFq.gif
Banner holder by me.
I have done that so, so many times it is now hardwired into me to save at every. single. chance. I get. (So like, every 5 minutes.) I even save in games that have autosave. I am that paranoid.
I have done that so, so many times it is now hardwired into me to save at every. single. chance. I get. (So like, every 5 minutes.) I even save in games that have autosave. I am that paranoid.
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
I usually just save once...then forget i saved already and save like 7 more times each time forgetting that ive already previously saved
I usually just save once...then forget i saved already and save like 7 more times each time forgetting that ive already previously saved
VSN.png tidbits:
Tumblr.bisexual_by_con_tag_ious-dbik7q5.png
♦ if you know who this is i love u :)
I read this and a single tear rolled down my cheek. It's...so painful.
I read this and a single tear rolled down my cheek. It's...so painful.
U58SZuw.png
I actually have the opposite problem with Pokemon games: was an idiot and had my Marowak use "fling", an attack which permanently discards the held item by throwing it at the opponent, while it was holding the Lucky Egg, a special item you get only once in the game that makes leveling up much faster. Saved the game without even considering I was making my mistake permanent, because I do it so automatically out of habit. Didn't raise any competitive Pokemon for months I was so mad. Ended up playing through an entire second game to get another Lucky Egg.
I actually have the opposite problem with Pokemon games: was an idiot and had my Marowak use "fling", an attack which permanently discards the held item by throwing it at the opponent, while it was holding the Lucky Egg, a special item you get only once in the game that makes leveling up much faster. Saved the game without even considering I was making my mistake permanent, because I do it so automatically out of habit. Didn't raise any competitive Pokemon for months I was so mad. Ended up playing through an entire second game to get another Lucky Egg.
IiQiWPn.pngbfEyFxs.pngkqf9y5Z.pngGZlWKfO.pngCWIUaHz.png43xqIhP.pngmdKE3mR.png0WN7RG0.pngfpCIsza.pngS8TNA1X.pngwZbURwQ.png
Guess you're ****** then
Guess you're ****** then
[quote name="ShadowPiper" date="2018-05-22 21:33:42" ] I went and spent six hours playing pokemon, and what do I do? Not save, accidentally press the power button. All I can do now is put away the cursed ds for six months until I forget what I have done. [/quote] Yeowch, I'm sorry! I've been there more than a few times, and I know that feeling all too well.
ShadowPiper wrote on 2018-05-22 21:33:42:
I went and spent six hours playing pokemon, and what do I do? Not save, accidentally press the power button.

All I can do now is put away the cursed ds for six months until I forget what I have done.

Yeowch, I'm sorry! I've been there more than a few times, and I know that feeling all too well.
Formerly known as Brenning.
1 2