Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Frostbound Monastery (DYLC)
[center][quote][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/205a/f/2017/271/7/3/icesigilgif_by_glasgalahad-dboutvv.gif[/img] [b]THE FROSTBOUND MONASTERY[/b] [size=2][i]"A seemingly endless expanse of freezing, sapphire-blue water rests before your eyes, and laps 'round gently floating floes of ice; azure tongues slowly coaxing their frigid charges to and fro. Large, icy flakes fall gently, and your feet crunch through the powdery snow as they turn away from the vastness of the sea, making their way towards a massive stone cave that sits nestled several hundred feet on an outcrop above the unforgiving waters. You involuntarily shiver as your breath solidifies into a cloud of vapor, almost like an ice dragon's flame. Boldly entering the cave, you slowly settle yourself down on one of the many finely-skinned elk pelts that are laid out carefully over the stone ground. Your eyes take a few moments to scan the cave's interior. It's massive; the ceiling is akin to a vaulted one; dozens of shards of beautifully coloured glass are strung up on sinew strings, their vibrant hues reflecting around the walls in a wonderful, slow dance. Concaves are carved into the rough stone wall to your left, and you notice that each dip holds a carefully tucked roll of parchment. You couldn't even begin to imagine what wonderful stories those papers held. The ground is plain, undecorated stone, worn relatively smooth by hundreds of dragon paws traipsing over it. Elk and seal pelts are neatly scattred about, as well as mounds of powdered snow, most likely tracked in by the local inhabitants. As your eyes fall to the back of the cave, you notice that there are distinct tunnels- all lit with small campfires resting at their entrances. Scaling the opposite wall is an intricate, lifelike representation of the Icewarden. The Tundra, Nocturne, Ridgeback & Bogsneak dragons that reside here are a peaceful lot, and spend their days etching stories into stone, and scratching tales onto paper. They are storytellers, crafters, creators, and visionaries. The cave acts like a monastery, serving as a refuge for those who seek guidance, solace, peace, or a sense of worth. Members spend their days continuing to further the monastery's records, honing their chosen craft, foraging, or sending out search parties to search for lost wanderers. All of the members also hold a deep and profound respect for their elemental guardian, and regularly pray to him in their own, distinct manners. This is a place of comfort, for those who hold a passion for guidance, for those blown wayward by the blinding snow, and for those who still hold their own internal battles."[/i][/size][/quote] [/center] [size=2][b]T[/b]his is my Draw-Your-Lair Challenge thread! I plan on posting as often as possible, however I am an active student, so there may be some sporradic breaks here and there.[/size] [b]>>[/b][size=1] [i]Inspired by [b]@OnionBulb[/b] 's gorgeous DYLC![/i] >>>Drawings are done on an IPad Pro w/ an Apple Pencil using the app ProCreate.[/size] [center][color=#C8C8C8]_____________________________________________________________[/color][/center] [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/0b69/f/2017/271/3/7/fr__tiny_pixel_ice_icon_by_baelfin_d8stgz4_by_glasgalahad-dbouu31.png[/img][b]Dragons- Incomplete[/b] [size=2] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Gwenllian[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Tlingit[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Pinniped[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Pinesol[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Salann[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Reoite[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Riptide[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Cennuhirth[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Roanoke[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Stormcloud[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Diplocaulus[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Tectonic[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Banatan[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Nokmyr[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Tidelord[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Namahage[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Wendigo[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Jadis[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Strigoi[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Imperator[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Haddock[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Citadel[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Necronomicon/Ash[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Ashur[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Steamshot[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Yellowtail[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Electrode[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Icepick[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Flashbang[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Sodalite[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Sifishal[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Choctaw[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Spencer[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Runrig[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Wavecrest[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Dhamballan[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Lucretia[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Riverdance[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Idun[/i] [color=#C8C8C8]>[/color] [i]Surtur[/i] [/size] [center][color=#C8C8C8]_____________________________________________________________[/color][/center] [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/0b69/f/2017/271/3/7/fr__tiny_pixel_ice_icon_by_baelfin_d8stgz4_by_glasgalahad-dbouu31.png[/img][b]Dragons- Complete[/b] [url=https://glasgalahad.deviantart.com/art/Livewire-744141557][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/c548/f/2018/129/9/b/livewireicon_by_glasgalahad-dcb1l52.png[/img][/url] [center][color=#C8C8C8]_____________________________________________________________[/color][/center] [columns][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/dd87/f/2017/271/7/e/l0uaqr6_by_glasgalahad-dboutwl.png[/img][nextcol][font=book antiqua][size=4] Working On- [url=https://orig00.deviantart.net/842c/f/2018/128/b/8/2a3e12dc_12d7_4359_971c_70356bf57c63_by_glasgalahad-dcb1k5t.png]NOKMYR![/url][/size][/font] >> The Fearless Fighter[/columns] [center][color=#C8C8C8]_____________________________________________________________[/color][/center]
Quote:
icesigilgif_by_glasgalahad-dboutvv.gif

THE FROSTBOUND MONASTERY

"A seemingly endless expanse of freezing, sapphire-blue water rests before your eyes, and laps 'round gently floating floes of ice; azure tongues slowly coaxing their frigid charges to and fro.

Large, icy flakes fall gently, and your feet crunch through the powdery snow as they turn away from the vastness of the sea, making their way towards a massive stone cave that sits nestled several hundred feet on an outcrop above the unforgiving waters. You involuntarily shiver as your breath solidifies into a cloud of vapor, almost like an ice dragon's flame.

Boldly entering the cave, you slowly settle yourself down on one of the many finely-skinned elk pelts that are laid out carefully over the stone ground. Your eyes take a few moments to scan the cave's interior.

It's massive; the ceiling is akin to a vaulted one; dozens of shards of beautifully coloured glass are strung up on sinew strings, their vibrant hues reflecting around the walls in a wonderful, slow dance.

Concaves are carved into the rough stone wall to your left, and you notice that each dip holds a carefully tucked roll of parchment. You couldn't even begin to imagine what wonderful stories those papers held.

The ground is plain, undecorated stone, worn relatively smooth by hundreds of dragon paws traipsing over it. Elk and seal pelts are neatly scattred about, as well as mounds of powdered snow, most likely tracked in by the local inhabitants.

As your eyes fall to the back of the cave, you notice that there are distinct tunnels- all lit with small campfires resting at their entrances.

Scaling the opposite wall is an intricate, lifelike representation of the Icewarden.

The Tundra, Nocturne, Ridgeback & Bogsneak dragons that reside here are a peaceful lot, and spend their days etching stories into stone, and scratching tales onto paper. They are storytellers, crafters, creators, and visionaries.

The cave acts like a monastery, serving as a refuge for those who seek guidance, solace, peace, or a sense of worth. Members spend their days continuing to further the monastery's records, honing their chosen craft, foraging, or sending out search parties to search for lost wanderers.

All of the members also hold a deep and profound respect for their elemental guardian, and regularly pray to him in their own, distinct manners.

This is a place of comfort, for those who hold a passion for guidance, for those blown wayward by the blinding snow, and for those who still hold their own internal battles."

This is my Draw-Your-Lair Challenge thread!
I plan on posting as often as possible, however I am an active student, so there may be some sporradic breaks here and there.

>> Inspired by @OnionBulb 's gorgeous DYLC!
>>>Drawings are done on an IPad Pro w/ an Apple Pencil using the app ProCreate.

fr__tiny_pixel_ice_icon_by_baelfin_d8stgz4_by_glasgalahad-dbouu31.pngDragons- Incomplete

> Gwenllian
> Tlingit
> Pinniped
> Pinesol
> Salann
> Reoite
> Riptide
> Cennuhirth
> Roanoke
> Stormcloud
> Diplocaulus
> Tectonic
> Banatan
> Nokmyr
> Tidelord
> Namahage
> Wendigo
> Jadis
> Strigoi
> Imperator
> Haddock
> Citadel
> Necronomicon/Ash
> Ashur
> Steamshot
> Yellowtail
> Electrode
> Icepick
> Flashbang
> Sodalite
> Sifishal
> Choctaw
> Spencer
> Runrig
> Wavecrest
> Dhamballan
> Lucretia
> Riverdance
> Idun
> Surtur

fr__tiny_pixel_ice_icon_by_baelfin_d8stgz4_by_glasgalahad-dbouu31.pngDragons- Complete

livewireicon_by_glasgalahad-dcb1l52.png

monochrome_social_icon__da_by_glasgalahad-dbxbnxc.gifmonochrome_social_icon__charas_by_glasgalahad-dbxbnxe.gifmonochrome_social_icon__instagram__by_gasara_d9spy_by_glasgalahad-dbxbnx9.gif monochrome_social_icon__tumblr__by_gasara_d9spy41_by_glasgalahad-dbxbnx7.gif

tumblr_inline_nc5kgn3l891scrvs1_by_glasgalahad-dbzwfj2.gif
@GlasGalahad

OMG I'm so excited to see your art!! Do let me know when you post!! <33 :D
@GlasGalahad

OMG I'm so excited to see your art!! Do let me know when you post!! <33 :D
89LCj77.pngvOw2pQ5.png
@onionbulb

I'm super pumped to try the challenge!
>-> Here's the sketch so far!

Livewire WIP
@onionbulb

I'm super pumped to try the challenge!
>-> Here's the sketch so far!

Livewire WIP
monochrome_social_icon__da_by_glasgalahad-dbxbnxc.gifmonochrome_social_icon__charas_by_glasgalahad-dbxbnxe.gifmonochrome_social_icon__instagram__by_gasara_d9spy_by_glasgalahad-dbxbnx9.gif monochrome_social_icon__tumblr__by_gasara_d9spy41_by_glasgalahad-dbxbnx7.gif

@GlasGalahad

WOW You are an absolutely talented artist!! :OO
I'm super duper excited to see how your dergs come out!! :D
@GlasGalahad

WOW You are an absolutely talented artist!! :OO
I'm super duper excited to see how your dergs come out!! :D
89LCj77.pngvOw2pQ5.png
@onionbulb

You're too kind, thank you so much! ^-^
@onionbulb

You're too kind, thank you so much! ^-^

[b][i]UPDATES[/i]-[/b] [i]THE FIRST DRAGON IS COMPETE![/i] -Livewire is finally done! I'm so excited to officially begin this challenge! Let me know what y'all think! @Onionbulb -in case you'd like to see!~ [url=https://glasgalahad.deviantart.com/art/Livewire-744141557][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/c548/f/2018/129/9/b/livewireicon_by_glasgalahad-dcb1l52.png[/img][/url] -Nokmyr is in progress! Check out the sketch here- [b][url=https://orig00.deviantart.net/842c/f/2018/128/b/8/2a3e12dc_12d7_4359_971c_70356bf57c63_by_glasgalahad-dcb1k5t.png]Nokmyr WIP[/url] [/b]
UPDATES-
THE FIRST DRAGON IS COMPETE!

-Livewire is finally done!
I'm so excited to officially begin this challenge! Let me know what y'all think!
@Onionbulb -in case you'd like to see!~

livewireicon_by_glasgalahad-dcb1l52.png

-Nokmyr is in progress!
Check out the sketch here- Nokmyr WIP