Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Game suggestions
SIMPLE RE-SKINS:

Solitaire and spider solitaire are the first two I'd suggest, but I'd also really push for Hanafuda, aka, Koi-Koi. People could play against Joxar, or even a new NPC for AI battles. The payout for solitaire could be time or number of moves related, and Hanafuda's could be based on point accumulation + difference between the player's points and their opponent. You could also make Hanafuda competitive between players, with each player paying a set amount to enter, and the winner getting the full amount. I THINK that would be a legal work around, making it a contest/skill trial instead of gambling, though you'd have to look into laws to be sure.

Even better, card games offer the options of easy customization, by making card decks and tables something people can collect and chose, just like forum vistas.

Good flights for these games to be themed on would be Light, Wind, and Nature (since Hanafuda literally means "flower cards")

Another simple and fun game to bring in is mahjong, the kind where you just have a big pile of them and the goal is to match them all up. Scoring based on time or number of tiles matched, and a bonus for completion, since some games are impossible to solve, or people will fail.

2048 is another good game easy to re-skin and drive people nuts. Minesweeper would be great for either a Lightning or an Arcane themed game. Go would be good for Earth flight, or Light vs Shadow.

Snake, with a Spiral as the titular snake, or even Windsinger.

None of these games are particularly revolutionary, but they will be pleasant time wasters you can easily set up & re-skin while developing more sophisticated minigames.

COMPLICATED GAMES

A fishing game would be ace, especially if you could make them fish from the food in our hoard, or give the game it's own little bestiary of fish.

Find Hidden Object game would be perfect for Nature, with people having to find dozens of birds, flowers, plants, frogs, butterflies, etc, etc.

Mazes would be good. Make the water flow through pipes, another good one. Find the difference.

PIE IN THE SKY

A sidescroller like Nyan-cat. By which I mean, an 'infinite scroller' where you have to collect items to speed up/keep going, avoiding other items that will slow you down, and do either platforming or bullet dodging. A really catching and upbeat song to go with it is a must.

Lastly: ADD GAME-ONLY PRIZES

The gold-cap is absolutely understandable, but people need a reason to keep wanting to hang around the site and play these games. Motivate them with game only prizes, like vistas, custom card decks and tables, rare chances at eggs, game-themed outfits and genes, etc.

SIMPLE RE-SKINS:

Solitaire and spider solitaire are the first two I'd suggest, but I'd also really push for Hanafuda, aka, Koi-Koi. People could play against Joxar, or even a new NPC for AI battles. The payout for solitaire could be time or number of moves related, and Hanafuda's could be based on point accumulation + difference between the player's points and their opponent. You could also make Hanafuda competitive between players, with each player paying a set amount to enter, and the winner getting the full amount. I THINK that would be a legal work around, making it a contest/skill trial instead of gambling, though you'd have to look into laws to be sure.

Even better, card games offer the options of easy customization, by making card decks and tables something people can collect and chose, just like forum vistas.

Good flights for these games to be themed on would be Light, Wind, and Nature (since Hanafuda literally means "flower cards")

Another simple and fun game to bring in is mahjong, the kind where you just have a big pile of them and the goal is to match them all up. Scoring based on time or number of tiles matched, and a bonus for completion, since some games are impossible to solve, or people will fail.

2048 is another good game easy to re-skin and drive people nuts. Minesweeper would be great for either a Lightning or an Arcane themed game. Go would be good for Earth flight, or Light vs Shadow.

Snake, with a Spiral as the titular snake, or even Windsinger.

None of these games are particularly revolutionary, but they will be pleasant time wasters you can easily set up & re-skin while developing more sophisticated minigames.

COMPLICATED GAMES

A fishing game would be ace, especially if you could make them fish from the food in our hoard, or give the game it's own little bestiary of fish.

Find Hidden Object game would be perfect for Nature, with people having to find dozens of birds, flowers, plants, frogs, butterflies, etc, etc.

Mazes would be good. Make the water flow through pipes, another good one. Find the difference.

PIE IN THE SKY

A sidescroller like Nyan-cat. By which I mean, an 'infinite scroller' where you have to collect items to speed up/keep going, avoiding other items that will slow you down, and do either platforming or bullet dodging. A really catching and upbeat song to go with it is a must.

Lastly: ADD GAME-ONLY PRIZES

The gold-cap is absolutely understandable, but people need a reason to keep wanting to hang around the site and play these games. Motivate them with game only prizes, like vistas, custom card decks and tables, rare chances at eggs, game-themed outfits and genes, etc.

I want to add that it's important to make use of the items and themes already in FR, and that this is a great time to add in more relevant NPCs. A Nature dragon to catalogue all those butterflies and flowers in the Find the Hidden Object could and ideally should show up in lore as an authority on X subject.

If you have more lore stories, mentioning the dragons playing some of these games would be good, too. Maybe they're bored and break out the hanafuda cards to waste time, idk.
I want to add that it's important to make use of the items and themes already in FR, and that this is a great time to add in more relevant NPCs. A Nature dragon to catalogue all those butterflies and flowers in the Find the Hidden Object could and ideally should show up in lore as an authority on X subject.

If you have more lore stories, mentioning the dragons playing some of these games would be good, too. Maybe they're bored and break out the hanafuda cards to waste time, idk.
[quote name="Crabapplered" date="2018-05-20 15:50:56" ] A sidescroller like Nyan-cat. By which I mean, an 'infinite scroller' where you have to collect items to speed up/keep going, avoiding other items that will slow you down, and do either platforming or bullet dodging. A really catching and upbeat song to go with it is a must. [/quote] The admins once mentioned this tidbit on tumblr "Couriers regard the safe delivery of their cargo as a matter of the utmost importance and personal honor. In fact, we have a project for the fairegrounds in-the-works that revolves around these little guys and the valiant deliveries that we take for granted in our clan inboxes!" Its possible the courier game would make a good sidescroller.
Crabapplered wrote on 2018-05-20 15:50:56:
The admins once mentioned this tidbit on tumblr "Couriers regard the safe delivery of their cargo as a matter of the utmost importance and personal honor. In fact, we have a project for the fairegrounds in-the-works that revolves around these little guys and the valiant deliveries that we take for granted in our clan inboxes!" Its possible the courier game would make a good sidescroller.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Oh, I really like that idea! Pick up letters and parcels, maybe avoid storm clouds and birds?
Oh, I really like that idea! Pick up letters and parcels, maybe avoid storm clouds and birds?
Love the idea of my new games, support all the ones you suggested especially solitaire/ eye spy! Grinding the fairgrounds (Artifracture) is pretty brutal (not fun) and it feels like one of the few ways for a non experienced player to make money, so any additional games would be great
'snake' with a spiral is a great idea
Love the idea of my new games, support all the ones you suggested especially solitaire/ eye spy! Grinding the fairgrounds (Artifracture) is pretty brutal (not fun) and it feels like one of the few ways for a non experienced player to make money, so any additional games would be great
'snake' with a spiral is a great idea
How about a space invaders re-skin where you are a dragon trying to fight off the shade? They could shoot beams of light at it, the shade could be modeled in pieces and follow the style of of the encyclopedia.

Or maybe a pinball machine game involving a pearlcatcher and its pearl, seems a little cruel though maybe?

I love all of the ideas for the games above too especially a hidden object game!
How about a space invaders re-skin where you are a dragon trying to fight off the shade? They could shoot beams of light at it, the shade could be modeled in pieces and follow the style of of the encyclopedia.

Or maybe a pinball machine game involving a pearlcatcher and its pearl, seems a little cruel though maybe?

I love all of the ideas for the games above too especially a hidden object game!
arcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.png