Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | You Can Be A Hero! BNHA Closed
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
JIN HAYASHIDA

Despite his usual propensity to wake up exactly on time and be the first one to show up, Jin found himself in the curious position of nearly being late to the Entrance Exam room. As he nearly fell out of bed and struggled to pull his clothes on, he was reminded of his late night and the reason of his potential tardiness- too many drinks at the bar, surrounded by too many pretty women, and getting carried away wasn't typically his style but the celebration of the latest Entrance Exam certainly seemed like a good place to let himself loosen up a bit. This morning, however, put Jin in quite a bad mood as soon as he realized the time- something that assuredly would spread to anyone who tried to talk to him on his way to the video room with the rest of the teachers.

It had only been a few years since the start of his employment with U.A., and the entrance exam was one of his favorite times of the year- all of the potential, the determination, and the false confidence of their own abilities that he was sure to either make or break later in the first few weeks of the term. This was always a time to reflect on the attitude he brought to his own Entrance Exam, how he regarded it as a joke beforehand and how watching some of his own competitors outnumber him with their own points. It had brought him to fourth place at the time, something that could have been respectable, but only made Jin angry at himself for not taking it more seriously. There are always one or two... He told himself, grinning at the notion. Jin was well known for being strict, and he took a special kind of pride in building his students from the ground up- many of them had gone on to become great Pro-heros.

As he reached the door, he removed his sunglasses and pocketed them, not needing them for the dim room ahead of him. He adjusted his collar, slicked back his hair, checked the time once more to assure that he wasn't too late, and opened the door just to hear Cinema blaring out the last few names of the students. As he slipped into the room, Jin made his way over to Principal Ishkawa and bowed deeply, apologizing silently for his interruption and hoping that it wasn't too much of an inconvenience. His fiery eyes glanced over the other teachers in the room as he whipped around and found his seat next to the leopard Kira, folding his wings so as not to disturb her. He watched her intently as she mentioned the hostages, and was reminded that Lisa was this year's damsel in distress as he turned his head to the screen that showed her within the robot's clutches. Jin didn't go out of his way to be friendly towards the teacher despite considering her beautiful, as her past was enough of a deterrant to any advance he might have made towards her in the beginning.

His eyes drew away from Lisa and onto the students themselves. An interesting group this year- Kira was right in wondering how they will handle the hostage situation as it was a mix between clear nervousness and confidence in their expressions. He'd looked over the applicants beforehand, noting their different Quirks, and being especially interested in the outcome of one Sonia Gavotte, as her light manipulation was most similar to his own in a way. "The students look better than last year's, at least for now." He grinned at Kira, and looked back towards the screen. "I'm sure Lisa has something...fun, planned for them too. I doubt they truly know what they're in for."

Jin sat up straight in his chair, arms folded, and despite his solemn outward appearance, his body was wracked with excitement, and waited intently for the inevitable triumphs and downfalls of the students on the screens before them.
JIN HAYASHIDA

Despite his usual propensity to wake up exactly on time and be the first one to show up, Jin found himself in the curious position of nearly being late to the Entrance Exam room. As he nearly fell out of bed and struggled to pull his clothes on, he was reminded of his late night and the reason of his potential tardiness- too many drinks at the bar, surrounded by too many pretty women, and getting carried away wasn't typically his style but the celebration of the latest Entrance Exam certainly seemed like a good place to let himself loosen up a bit. This morning, however, put Jin in quite a bad mood as soon as he realized the time- something that assuredly would spread to anyone who tried to talk to him on his way to the video room with the rest of the teachers.

It had only been a few years since the start of his employment with U.A., and the entrance exam was one of his favorite times of the year- all of the potential, the determination, and the false confidence of their own abilities that he was sure to either make or break later in the first few weeks of the term. This was always a time to reflect on the attitude he brought to his own Entrance Exam, how he regarded it as a joke beforehand and how watching some of his own competitors outnumber him with their own points. It had brought him to fourth place at the time, something that could have been respectable, but only made Jin angry at himself for not taking it more seriously. There are always one or two... He told himself, grinning at the notion. Jin was well known for being strict, and he took a special kind of pride in building his students from the ground up- many of them had gone on to become great Pro-heros.

As he reached the door, he removed his sunglasses and pocketed them, not needing them for the dim room ahead of him. He adjusted his collar, slicked back his hair, checked the time once more to assure that he wasn't too late, and opened the door just to hear Cinema blaring out the last few names of the students. As he slipped into the room, Jin made his way over to Principal Ishkawa and bowed deeply, apologizing silently for his interruption and hoping that it wasn't too much of an inconvenience. His fiery eyes glanced over the other teachers in the room as he whipped around and found his seat next to the leopard Kira, folding his wings so as not to disturb her. He watched her intently as she mentioned the hostages, and was reminded that Lisa was this year's damsel in distress as he turned his head to the screen that showed her within the robot's clutches. Jin didn't go out of his way to be friendly towards the teacher despite considering her beautiful, as her past was enough of a deterrant to any advance he might have made towards her in the beginning.

His eyes drew away from Lisa and onto the students themselves. An interesting group this year- Kira was right in wondering how they will handle the hostage situation as it was a mix between clear nervousness and confidence in their expressions. He'd looked over the applicants beforehand, noting their different Quirks, and being especially interested in the outcome of one Sonia Gavotte, as her light manipulation was most similar to his own in a way. "The students look better than last year's, at least for now." He grinned at Kira, and looked back towards the screen. "I'm sure Lisa has something...fun, planned for them too. I doubt they truly know what they're in for."

Jin sat up straight in his chair, arms folded, and despite his solemn outward appearance, his body was wracked with excitement, and waited intently for the inevitable triumphs and downfalls of the students on the screens before them.
tumblr_inline_n6kduh3u891qlye38.gif333esrd.png
Happy first day of school loser! ;P
haha same!
I'll try not to die of boredom here while you're busy makin friends with the heroes
man its really starting to sink in
Im actually here, this is happening
Don't worry about it Vib
I know you, you're gonna kill it out there

She had saved the text conversation from earlier that morning I case she ever needed those words of encouragement again. Eli knew what she needed to hear, how to boost her confidence going into this make-or-break exam. She'd be lying if she said she wasn't a little nervous. It was U.A. after all. But she had to try to focus that nervous energy into something more useful. Of course, once she got started and got into a rhythm everything would come easily. No more nerves, just her, the music, and kicking some robot brass. She only wished Eli were there with her. It was fine that he had chosen his own path in life but...this was, like, the first time that had happened. It was...different. Whether it was a good or bad different, she couldn't yet tell.

Vib was pulled back into the present by the voice of Cinema, oh man Cinema, explaining to them how things would go. Okay, okay, they were being introduced to the U.A. entrance exam by an actual pro hero. That was super freaking cool! This really was the real deal. Maybe these are excitement jitters, she thought as the Visual Hero started calling roll, 'cause it's finally starting to sink in that my dream has lead me this far.

She heard him call Sonia and shouted "Here!" It was still kind of weird; only her parents and some teachers called her that. How would she introduce herself here? Well, I'm one step closer to actually becoming Vibrant. Vib looked around at the gathered students as she mulled the issue over. Might as well own it, right? Yeah! I'll bet plenty of these other guys use nicknames too. Speaking of the other prospective students, there sure were a lot of them. Plenty of them looked a lot more nervous than she was, if their inward posture and darting eyes said anything. She wanted to reach out to somebody, offer a friendly face or reassuring remark, but she figured talking while the teacher was trying to explain their exam would not be the best idea. Maybe once they were in the field she could look for somebody who needed help. Yeah, that was a good idea. For the time being, she decided to get her battle playlist ready. Vib checked her phone, making sure her music library was pulled up and her favorite album was queued. Perfect. She wanted to listen to it right then but again, teacher explaining important things. At least the air around her wasn't dead quiet. Vib carefully fit her phone back into the case on her belt. She adjusted her headphones where they rested on her shoulders and buried her hands in her pockets. She really couldn't wait for things to kick off.
Happy first day of school loser! ;P
haha same!
I'll try not to die of boredom here while you're busy makin friends with the heroes
man its really starting to sink in
Im actually here, this is happening
Don't worry about it Vib
I know you, you're gonna kill it out there

She had saved the text conversation from earlier that morning I case she ever needed those words of encouragement again. Eli knew what she needed to hear, how to boost her confidence going into this make-or-break exam. She'd be lying if she said she wasn't a little nervous. It was U.A. after all. But she had to try to focus that nervous energy into something more useful. Of course, once she got started and got into a rhythm everything would come easily. No more nerves, just her, the music, and kicking some robot brass. She only wished Eli were there with her. It was fine that he had chosen his own path in life but...this was, like, the first time that had happened. It was...different. Whether it was a good or bad different, she couldn't yet tell.

Vib was pulled back into the present by the voice of Cinema, oh man Cinema, explaining to them how things would go. Okay, okay, they were being introduced to the U.A. entrance exam by an actual pro hero. That was super freaking cool! This really was the real deal. Maybe these are excitement jitters, she thought as the Visual Hero started calling roll, 'cause it's finally starting to sink in that my dream has lead me this far.

She heard him call Sonia and shouted "Here!" It was still kind of weird; only her parents and some teachers called her that. How would she introduce herself here? Well, I'm one step closer to actually becoming Vibrant. Vib looked around at the gathered students as she mulled the issue over. Might as well own it, right? Yeah! I'll bet plenty of these other guys use nicknames too. Speaking of the other prospective students, there sure were a lot of them. Plenty of them looked a lot more nervous than she was, if their inward posture and darting eyes said anything. She wanted to reach out to somebody, offer a friendly face or reassuring remark, but she figured talking while the teacher was trying to explain their exam would not be the best idea. Maybe once they were in the field she could look for somebody who needed help. Yeah, that was a good idea. For the time being, she decided to get her battle playlist ready. Vib checked her phone, making sure her music library was pulled up and her favorite album was queued. Perfect. She wanted to listen to it right then but again, teacher explaining important things. At least the air around her wasn't dead quiet. Vib carefully fit her phone back into the case on her belt. She adjusted her headphones where they rested on her shoulders and buried her hands in her pockets. She really couldn't wait for things to kick off.
xeDKNxe.pngeNitZGp.gif
Good Luck at your tests today...I’m just going to take mine here in the states! Much love from mom and I, and do your best little brother!

Kenshin smiled as he shut down his phone, the gates of U.A, towards the meeting place of all the trainees. The twenty or so candidates were just starting to fill in, taking positions around the hall. They seemed to be talking and chatting...but...with his skills…

The red haired male shook his head. No...No...not today. He needed to stay focused. This test was hinging on his success. But...but what if he cannot pass...what if he cannot do it? What if he fails...his quirk is too violent..and if he fails...if he fails. Kenshin adjusts his training gear,

“WELCOME, EVERYBODY!”

Kenshin jumps at the blaring voice, clutching the space over his heart as the hero speaks to the kids circling before them. The males fidgeting nervously as he waited to hear the test. His quirk was subjective, and he needed to be sure he could pass this test.

“Hope you all brought a change of underwear, ‘cuz this exam ain’t like your multiple choice tests in middle school. UA’s Practical Entrance Exam is gonna. Mess. You. UP! Remember, being a hero is not just about who can win the most points, so hurting the other examinees is a sure way to get disqualified. Ahem, NOW, I will take role. AH, now where did I put that list...”

The male chuckled at that, relaxing a tad bit. A role call eh? Well...that’s pretty normal of him. He listened to the voices who called out, in response to their names. When his name came up, with a voracious call of;

“Kenshin Maki,”

To respond, he called out;

“HERE!”

To the hero as he passed his name and went to the other. But beyond this.

Kenshin was terrified to see what came next.

“It’s funny, I’ve seen this exam at least a hundred times over, yet I still get chills. What surprises do you have in store for us this year, future heroes?”
Chihiro leaned back in the chair as she watched the prospective heroes call out their names, awaiting what they had in store. The hero sighed before she muttered something under her breath, and pulled out a book.

“We should of had puzzles. That would shown that these kids are smart enough to differentiate what they need to do.”

Lexicon, who of no surprise to anyone, pulled out the student records and began going over them, seeming to just pass the time.
Good Luck at your tests today...I’m just going to take mine here in the states! Much love from mom and I, and do your best little brother!

Kenshin smiled as he shut down his phone, the gates of U.A, towards the meeting place of all the trainees. The twenty or so candidates were just starting to fill in, taking positions around the hall. They seemed to be talking and chatting...but...with his skills…

The red haired male shook his head. No...No...not today. He needed to stay focused. This test was hinging on his success. But...but what if he cannot pass...what if he cannot do it? What if he fails...his quirk is too violent..and if he fails...if he fails. Kenshin adjusts his training gear,

“WELCOME, EVERYBODY!”

Kenshin jumps at the blaring voice, clutching the space over his heart as the hero speaks to the kids circling before them. The males fidgeting nervously as he waited to hear the test. His quirk was subjective, and he needed to be sure he could pass this test.

“Hope you all brought a change of underwear, ‘cuz this exam ain’t like your multiple choice tests in middle school. UA’s Practical Entrance Exam is gonna. Mess. You. UP! Remember, being a hero is not just about who can win the most points, so hurting the other examinees is a sure way to get disqualified. Ahem, NOW, I will take role. AH, now where did I put that list...”

The male chuckled at that, relaxing a tad bit. A role call eh? Well...that’s pretty normal of him. He listened to the voices who called out, in response to their names. When his name came up, with a voracious call of;

“Kenshin Maki,”

To respond, he called out;

“HERE!”

To the hero as he passed his name and went to the other. But beyond this.

Kenshin was terrified to see what came next.

“It’s funny, I’ve seen this exam at least a hundred times over, yet I still get chills. What surprises do you have in store for us this year, future heroes?”
Chihiro leaned back in the chair as she watched the prospective heroes call out their names, awaiting what they had in store. The hero sighed before she muttered something under her breath, and pulled out a book.

“We should of had puzzles. That would shown that these kids are smart enough to differentiate what they need to do.”

Lexicon, who of no surprise to anyone, pulled out the student records and began going over them, seeming to just pass the time.

~ Alex Floros ~

Alex stood towards the back to the crowd, wings fluttering nervously. They hoped nobody would be mad at their quirk. Of course, their parents had been telling them for three years that it was great, perfect for hero work. But… They quickly shook their head. Now was not the time to think about her.

As their name was called, they raised their hand. But unlike the others, they stayed silent. If the others avoided them, there was no way they would pass. Of course, they’d be flying over it all, so it would be hard for others to avoid their song. Which brought them back to the first problem. What if everyone hated them for their quirk? It was terrible, a voice so horrible she refused to let them use it. Not to mention that no one liked doing things against their will.

Their wings began fluttering again, so they made a concentrated effort to keep them tucked in tighter than usual. It would only make people hate them more if they didn’t only have to hear Alex’s voice, but also get whacked by a wing. They ran their fingers through their hair, smiling slightly as they found the flight goggles their mom had recently bought them. Alex still wasn’t used to the fact that they had a mom who bought them stuff. It was… Nice.

Right, they needed to remember names. They planned to go around and apologise to everyone after the exam. It probably wouldn’t do much, she’d told them enough that others would be repelled, but maybe they had a chance of making friends? It would be a first, but having friends was a normal thing… So Alex wanted to know what it was like.

Oh… Hopefully this would start soon. They’d be entering last, but that was the plan. They needed a runway in order to take off, after all. And by then the others would be spread out some, so Alex wouldn’t be taking too much of any one person’s time. If they used each person for only a couple points, that was fine, right? And with how many people there were, it should be enough? They’d find the people who were doing the best. Then it would also give those falling behind more of a chance. But if they were aiming for specific people, maybe talking would be better? Sixteen other people… Of them, anyone who was falling behind… Maybe it was possible to help them along? No, they had to work for themselves. But what if Alex… No, no, this was everyone for themself. Unless someone was in danger. Then Alex… Was maybe strong enough to carry them? At least enough to dive and grab them out of the way. Maybe. In theory. Oh, this was harder than they’d thought.

~ Yukiko/Kichiro Shimizu ~

‘Kiko, please let me make a plan!’

“Here,” Yukiko called, raising a hand in response to her name being called before crossing her arms again to wait for the exam to start. ‘No. No way. This is a fight to destroy these robots. And I’m the professional when it comes to destruction. So I’m gonna fight. Plus, you’d freeze and overthink everything. We need to crush everyone. You can do the boring school stuff later.’

‘Please, just put on the jacket and let me take over! It’s thermal, it’ll only take a bit.’

‘That is not the problem here.’

‘Let me fight.’

‘No.’

‘Yes.’

‘No.’

‘Yes.’

‘No.’

‘Yes.’

‘No.’

‘Yes.’

“I said no,” Yukiko snapped aloud, making Kichiro sigh as she glared down anyone who looked her way. At least she had said it relatively quietly for once.

‘Will you at least listen to my idea?’

‘No. I have a perfect plan.’

‘Your plan can hurt others! It’s cold enough as is without giving people frostbite because you weren’t paying attention.’

‘I always pay attention.’

‘No you don’t.’

‘Yes I do.’

‘No you don’t.’

‘Yes I do.’

‘No you don’t.’

‘Yes I do.’

‘No you- Oh, this is getting nowhere. I’ll just wait for you to start sweating.’

‘Oh don’t you dare. That’s cheating!’

‘In what world is that cheating?’

‘This world.’

‘No it’s not.’

‘Yes it is.’

‘No it’s not.’

‘Yes it is.’

‘No it’s n- Stop making me do that!’

‘Do what?’

‘Ugh, I give up, just get it over with.’ Yukiko smirked at her brother’s words, frost inching up her wrists in anticipation. Kichiro simply waited. Eventually, Yukiko would get too hot. There had to be someone with a fire quirk, or maybe the robots did something heat related. Or maybe she’d slip and let their body heat up. Whatever the case, eventually he’d be able to take over. So in the meantime, he could come up with a plan. He just hoped it wouldn’t be too long, otherwise he wasn’t too certain how much collateral damage Yukiko would be able to do.

~ Nariko Sasuki ~

“Aw, Vi gets the best job,” Nariko whined, sprawling in her chair and kicking her legs up on the table. She took a moment to stretch and wiggle her toes. “And all these kids do look fun. Some of them are being silly though, they aren’t very good at being sneaking.”

She looked over the group of kids, eyes sharp and far more perceptive than would be thought from her usual mannerisms. “I hope none of them have too much trouble against those bots. Lex is kinda right. A lot of quirks aren’t for fight, but are good for heroes. Course, she’d know that.” The last comment was punctuated by Nariko resituating to lean over and poke Chihiro’s cheek with a grin.

“Oh well, hopefully if any of them aren’t made to fight they’ll be able to find Vi and get rescue points.”

~ Alex Floros ~

Alex stood towards the back to the crowd, wings fluttering nervously. They hoped nobody would be mad at their quirk. Of course, their parents had been telling them for three years that it was great, perfect for hero work. But… They quickly shook their head. Now was not the time to think about her.

As their name was called, they raised their hand. But unlike the others, they stayed silent. If the others avoided them, there was no way they would pass. Of course, they’d be flying over it all, so it would be hard for others to avoid their song. Which brought them back to the first problem. What if everyone hated them for their quirk? It was terrible, a voice so horrible she refused to let them use it. Not to mention that no one liked doing things against their will.

Their wings began fluttering again, so they made a concentrated effort to keep them tucked in tighter than usual. It would only make people hate them more if they didn’t only have to hear Alex’s voice, but also get whacked by a wing. They ran their fingers through their hair, smiling slightly as they found the flight goggles their mom had recently bought them. Alex still wasn’t used to the fact that they had a mom who bought them stuff. It was… Nice.

Right, they needed to remember names. They planned to go around and apologise to everyone after the exam. It probably wouldn’t do much, she’d told them enough that others would be repelled, but maybe they had a chance of making friends? It would be a first, but having friends was a normal thing… So Alex wanted to know what it was like.

Oh… Hopefully this would start soon. They’d be entering last, but that was the plan. They needed a runway in order to take off, after all. And by then the others would be spread out some, so Alex wouldn’t be taking too much of any one person’s time. If they used each person for only a couple points, that was fine, right? And with how many people there were, it should be enough? They’d find the people who were doing the best. Then it would also give those falling behind more of a chance. But if they were aiming for specific people, maybe talking would be better? Sixteen other people… Of them, anyone who was falling behind… Maybe it was possible to help them along? No, they had to work for themselves. But what if Alex… No, no, this was everyone for themself. Unless someone was in danger. Then Alex… Was maybe strong enough to carry them? At least enough to dive and grab them out of the way. Maybe. In theory. Oh, this was harder than they’d thought.

‘Kiko, please let me make a plan!’

“Here,” Yukiko called, raising a hand in response to her name being called before crossing her arms again to wait for the exam to start. ‘No. No way. This is a fight to destroy these robots. And I’m the professional when it comes to destruction. So I’m gonna fight. Plus, you’d freeze and overthink everything. We need to crush everyone. You can do the boring school stuff later.’

‘Please, just put on the jacket and let me take over! It’s thermal, it’ll only take a bit.’

‘That is not the problem here.’

‘Let me fight.’

‘No.’

‘Yes.’

‘No.’

‘Yes.’

‘No.’

‘Yes.’

‘No.’

‘Yes.’

“I said no,” Yukiko snapped aloud, making Kichiro sigh as she glared down anyone who looked her way. At least she had said it relatively quietly for once.

‘Will you at least listen to my idea?’

‘No. I have a perfect plan.’

‘Your plan can hurt others! It’s cold enough as is without giving people frostbite because you weren’t paying attention.’

‘I always pay attention.’

‘No you don’t.’

‘Yes I do.’

‘No you don’t.’

‘Yes I do.’

‘No you don’t.’

‘Yes I do.’

‘No you- Oh, this is getting nowhere. I’ll just wait for you to start sweating.’

‘Oh don’t you dare. That’s cheating!’

‘In what world is that cheating?’

‘This world.’

‘No it’s not.’

‘Yes it is.’

‘No it’s not.’

‘Yes it is.’

‘No it’s n- Stop making me do that!’

‘Do what?’

‘Ugh, I give up, just get it over with.’ Yukiko smirked at her brother’s words, frost inching up her wrists in anticipation. Kichiro simply waited. Eventually, Yukiko would get too hot. There had to be someone with a fire quirk, or maybe the robots did something heat related. Or maybe she’d slip and let their body heat up. Whatever the case, eventually he’d be able to take over. So in the meantime, he could come up with a plan. He just hoped it wouldn’t be too long, otherwise he wasn’t too certain how much collateral damage Yukiko would be able to do.

~ Nariko Sasuki ~

“Aw, Vi gets the best job,” Nariko whined, sprawling in her chair and kicking her legs up on the table. She took a moment to stretch and wiggle her toes. “And all these kids do look fun. Some of them are being silly though, they aren’t very good at being sneaking.”

She looked over the group of kids, eyes sharp and far more perceptive than would be thought from her usual mannerisms. “I hope none of them have too much trouble against those bots. Lex is kinda right. A lot of quirks aren’t for fight, but are good for heroes. Course, she’d know that.” The last comment was punctuated by Nariko resituating to lean over and poke Chihiro’s cheek with a grin.

“Oh well, hopefully if any of them aren’t made to fight they’ll be able to find Vi and get rescue points.”
FusionFlare.gif
Denji Matsushima (Cinema)

Katsumi Ito

Nikaio Ishkawa

Roll call finished up smoothly as the rest of the students called out to their names. It seemed like everyone was present and accounted for. Hopefully, that meant no one had chickened out. He hated seeing kids discouraged anyways. Enthusiasm a good work ethic were the keys to this exam, well, some of them anyways. That, and realism and cooperation.

From behind him in the Battle Center, he could hear the rumble of the robots quieting down as they moved towards the front of the gate, closer to where the examinees would be entering. Once they got in, it would be like facing a full barricade of metal and machine. If that didn’t bring out the true cowards, Matsushima didn’t know what would. A louder grumbling, low and sending tremors through his feet, got his attention. He thought briefly about the cause of the disturbance and, well, there was really only one. The big guy was following the herd of smaller bots. Not that the examinees could see it of course, but anyone heading towards Lisa and her hostage situation would have a very hard time.

From below, one of the examinees raised their voice to ask a question.

“Will we get point deductions if we destroy the city on purpose to defeat the bots?" They asked. Cinema thought momentarily on how to answer this question without giving away too much of the exam. He rubbed his chin with a gloved hand before speaking into his mic.

"Examinee, the true nature of the point system is a secret known only to the faculty and staff of Yuuei and even then the method is only passed around the judges of the exam, so in reality and quite frankly, I have no clue!!" He laughed, "All I can say is break a leg out there, not literally, please, just keep in mind that the nature of this exam is heroism. I will leave that up for you to interpret."

Excellent, Cinema thought to himself, there’s just one last thing. He switched off his microphone momentarily and spoke into a walkie-talkie. “All participants are accounted for, Entrance Exam at Battle Center B requesting permission for take off, over,” he said with a bit more enthusiasm than the receiving end of the line wanted to hear. Cinema had watched Star Wars, again, last night and was obviously thinking about the awesome space battles.

“Good work, Matsushima,” came the gruff but jubilant voice of Principal Ishkawa over the speaker, “The exam will begin now.”

Ito rubbed the back of his head with his palm shyly. He hadn’t seen Yuuna since his first year of middle school before he moved to a different part of the city. She’d changed, but he was still able to recognize her because of her quirk, obviously, but also since he remembered her face distinctly. Had they been friends? No. He barely talked during middle school. They couldn’t have.

He opened his mouth to speak, but as he did, he realized that roll call had finished. He looked up to the hero perched atop the wall. Cinema lowered the walkie talkie from his mouth with a wry smile on his face. Uh oh, Ito thought, that can only mean one thing; the exam is about to-

“BEGIN!!!!!!”

An airhorn about the arena sounded, jolting the participants out of personal thoughts. The massive gates to the arena opened. Before he knew what was happening, Ito felt a manic rush of air as the hooded figure who had been absolutely still until that minute dashed past him, charging ahead of the participants and into the arena. He muttered curses as he broke into a sprint to keep up with her.

Principal Ishkawa hummed thoughtfully. “Well, if I remember correctly, Ayame,” he said with a paw on his mane, “you didn’t exactly ace the exam back in the day.” He chuckled warmly, hoping the batty (no pun intended, well, maybe a little) teacher wouldn’t hold the teasing against him. At Viola’s tone, he focused on the Jurassic hero with a raised brow.

“Companionship is certainly something young heroes should possess, as is a livelihood,” he pondered, “I am interested to see the leaders of the pack in action, and also those who choose the route of solitude. Not everyone can be a leader, but that doesn’t discredit a good work ethic.”

The old lion eyed Jin Hayashida who looked like he’d stumbled from the bar down the road. In retrospect, he probably had. Ishkawa stiffled a sigh, but listened to his words, nodding in agreement. “It’s never too late to turn and be a coward. That’s what these trials are here for, to separate the adults from the children. Lisa will make sure of that.” he finished with a glance to Sasuki. “Must you put your feet up on the desks that the janitors work so hard to keep clean?” he grumbles and pushes his handkerchief in the direction of the Shocking Fox Hero. Pressing his paws together, he turned back to the screen as his walkie-talkie buzzed.

“Cinema?” he said, a finger hovering over a red button in front of his screen.

“All participants are accounted for, Entrance Exam at Battle Center B requesting permission for take off, over,” - came the sound of Cinema through the speaker. Ishkawa had hired children.

“Good work, Matsushima,” he said into the microphone and nodded to the other teachers gathered around the table, “The exam will begin now.” He pressed the red button and watched through the flickering screens as the gates opened.
Denji Matsushima (Cinema)

Katsumi Ito

Nikaio Ishkawa

Roll call finished up smoothly as the rest of the students called out to their names. It seemed like everyone was present and accounted for. Hopefully, that meant no one had chickened out. He hated seeing kids discouraged anyways. Enthusiasm a good work ethic were the keys to this exam, well, some of them anyways. That, and realism and cooperation.

From behind him in the Battle Center, he could hear the rumble of the robots quieting down as they moved towards the front of the gate, closer to where the examinees would be entering. Once they got in, it would be like facing a full barricade of metal and machine. If that didn’t bring out the true cowards, Matsushima didn’t know what would. A louder grumbling, low and sending tremors through his feet, got his attention. He thought briefly about the cause of the disturbance and, well, there was really only one. The big guy was following the herd of smaller bots. Not that the examinees could see it of course, but anyone heading towards Lisa and her hostage situation would have a very hard time.

From below, one of the examinees raised their voice to ask a question.

“Will we get point deductions if we destroy the city on purpose to defeat the bots?" They asked. Cinema thought momentarily on how to answer this question without giving away too much of the exam. He rubbed his chin with a gloved hand before speaking into his mic.

"Examinee, the true nature of the point system is a secret known only to the faculty and staff of Yuuei and even then the method is only passed around the judges of the exam, so in reality and quite frankly, I have no clue!!" He laughed, "All I can say is break a leg out there, not literally, please, just keep in mind that the nature of this exam is heroism. I will leave that up for you to interpret."

Excellent, Cinema thought to himself, there’s just one last thing. He switched off his microphone momentarily and spoke into a walkie-talkie. “All participants are accounted for, Entrance Exam at Battle Center B requesting permission for take off, over,” he said with a bit more enthusiasm than the receiving end of the line wanted to hear. Cinema had watched Star Wars, again, last night and was obviously thinking about the awesome space battles.

“Good work, Matsushima,” came the gruff but jubilant voice of Principal Ishkawa over the speaker, “The exam will begin now.”

Ito rubbed the back of his head with his palm shyly. He hadn’t seen Yuuna since his first year of middle school before he moved to a different part of the city. She’d changed, but he was still able to recognize her because of her quirk, obviously, but also since he remembered her face distinctly. Had they been friends? No. He barely talked during middle school. They couldn’t have.

He opened his mouth to speak, but as he did, he realized that roll call had finished. He looked up to the hero perched atop the wall. Cinema lowered the walkie talkie from his mouth with a wry smile on his face. Uh oh, Ito thought, that can only mean one thing; the exam is about to-

“BEGIN!!!!!!”

An airhorn about the arena sounded, jolting the participants out of personal thoughts. The massive gates to the arena opened. Before he knew what was happening, Ito felt a manic rush of air as the hooded figure who had been absolutely still until that minute dashed past him, charging ahead of the participants and into the arena. He muttered curses as he broke into a sprint to keep up with her.

Principal Ishkawa hummed thoughtfully. “Well, if I remember correctly, Ayame,” he said with a paw on his mane, “you didn’t exactly ace the exam back in the day.” He chuckled warmly, hoping the batty (no pun intended, well, maybe a little) teacher wouldn’t hold the teasing against him. At Viola’s tone, he focused on the Jurassic hero with a raised brow.

“Companionship is certainly something young heroes should possess, as is a livelihood,” he pondered, “I am interested to see the leaders of the pack in action, and also those who choose the route of solitude. Not everyone can be a leader, but that doesn’t discredit a good work ethic.”

The old lion eyed Jin Hayashida who looked like he’d stumbled from the bar down the road. In retrospect, he probably had. Ishkawa stiffled a sigh, but listened to his words, nodding in agreement. “It’s never too late to turn and be a coward. That’s what these trials are here for, to separate the adults from the children. Lisa will make sure of that.” he finished with a glance to Sasuki. “Must you put your feet up on the desks that the janitors work so hard to keep clean?” he grumbles and pushes his handkerchief in the direction of the Shocking Fox Hero. Pressing his paws together, he turned back to the screen as his walkie-talkie buzzed.

“Cinema?” he said, a finger hovering over a red button in front of his screen.

“All participants are accounted for, Entrance Exam at Battle Center B requesting permission for take off, over,” - came the sound of Cinema through the speaker. Ishkawa had hired children.

“Good work, Matsushima,” he said into the microphone and nodded to the other teachers gathered around the table, “The exam will begin now.” He pressed the red button and watched through the flickering screens as the gates opened.
Lisa

Everything would be beginning soon- Lisa noted the rumbling of the other combat robots, and likely the massive obstacle robot trailing behind the main pack to her location. It was always an incredibly difficult exam. As it should be, given how competitive the school needed to be given the number of applicants...

The blaring of the horn marked the beginning of the exam, and Lisa quickly switched the source of her earpiece to the robot. A tell-tale hum from the robot signaled its success, and the speaker within her captor’s ‘head’ was activated. The gates had just opened, and though she couldn’t quite see from here the precise situation, Lisa knew full well that the stampede of students was now barreling into the arena. It wouldn’t be long before the cacophony of explosions and the scraping of metal would overpower any noise she made now, speaker or not.

She took a long, deep breath, and exhaled. Then another breath, and Lisa opened her mouth wide. She hoped this sounded convincing enough.

“H E L P M E!!”

The screech blasted out of the Hostage Bot’s directional speaker over to the students’ location, and Lisa clapped a muffling hand over her earpiece in order to hide the sound of the coughing fit she had broken into. She hadn’t screamed like that in years, and now she was aspirating on her own saliva. With a final, hacking cough, Lisa switched her earpiece off from her metal captor’s speaker and cast a miserable look at the arena entrance. With any luck, a kid or two would take interest in the direction of her scream and decide to stay for the situation at hand. If not, Lisa would have nothing but the morning cold, her robot captor, and her own thoughts to keep her company. But even that held some merit in judging, to her at least- it said at least a little bit about a student to ignore a blatant cry for help in favor of sheer combat. This school separated the heroes from the power hungry- most of the time.

A wry smile ghosted her lips. She remembered her own entrance exam into this school. Lisa had passed by the skin of her teeth, and had looked close to death by the end of it. Without blood pumping through their veins, the robots were… challenging enemies. And now here she was, a teacher judging the exam at UA. Things had come full circle- though, bitterly, not in the way she would have wanted.

—-

Nissa

A distant rumbling sent a trill of nervousness through Nissa’s being, though by now she had managed to edge her way near the front. Just as well… Cinema had finished his quiet talking into his walker talkie, and a devious smile had just split into his face.

Here we go. Here we go!!

Nissa positioned herself to start into an athletic lunge, and a heady laughter made its way up her throat. She always ended up laughing when she was nervous, or in a big competitive situation like this- thought things were far from funny. If she failed… it would be back to Greece. Nissa couldn’t leave now, not when she had made an entirely new life here.

BEGIN!!” A voice boomed, accompanied by an air horn, and it jolted Nissa into action, sending her to run like a horse that had just been kicked. The cheetah girl was already ahead of them all, and a sharp grin pierced Nissa’s face as the fire of competition erupted within her. “Oh no you don’t!” She barked after her, the chaffing of her swimsuit barely an afterthought. She near shoved the snake headed girl by her to the ground in her aggressive push toward the front, the word ‘sorry’ not even making it past her lips.

So the cheetah girl can run fast, big surprise. But I’ve got something of my own…

Repeat the riddle!

An inner voice, deep and powerful, reverberated through Nissa’s being, sending shivers throughout her entire body.

They are two sisters. One gives birth to the other, who in turn gives birth to the first. What are the two sisters?

“The day and the night! I got an easy one today!” Nissa crowed aloud, triumph filling her being as a strange power reverberated throughout. The switch had been flipped. So what, she hadn’t done any real combat before? Not much was going to stop this.

With one last, bounding stride, Nissa gave a leap- and an involuntary shriek of discomfort as her body grew five times, ten times her size, morphed shape and grew extra limbs. Her suit morphed with her as her clothes ripped into shreds, and when Nissa once more hit the ground, she hit it with massive, furry paws. A lion with the size of a small rhinoceros. Golden fur glinted in the light while black wings absorbed it, and the only recognizable feature of her left was her grinning, unblinking human face. She was the Sphinx now- all ruthlessness, competitiveness, cruel intelligence, and aggression. The unsavory parts of Nissa’s personality given shape.

“H E L P ME!”

A piercing shriek, artificially amplified, cut through the arena, and Nissa snapped her head in the direction it came from. She almost changed her course toward it- almost. If it was a rescue situation, it surely was going to require a patience and sympathy that Nissa simply did not possess at the moment. Besides, now on all fours, she was well on her way to catching up to the hooded cheetah.

Without warning, a robot with a tacky 2 painted across it shrieked into view, and Nissa gathered the new, indomitable strength in her muscles to leap into it and crush the chest with sheer brute force. A giddy feeling of power swept through her, and Nissa used the foe as a launch pad to bound up and near to the side of the hooded girl. She could already sense more robots closing in, and Nissa cheekily snickered,

“Do you think you would be up to a fun logic puzzle to keep your mind sharp in these trying times?”

Although her voice held no threat, the quality of it was guttural and deep, malevolent even. But no matter. No way that she was going to pull off a riddle buff here, but her new form was making her cocky. She mentally reprimanded herself.

Stay focused! Don’t get lenient just because you had a good start! Besides, you’re going to need some friends after this exam, so don’t get... like how you can get.

Mean. When Nissa was the sphinx, and in such high stakes, she admitted that she could get... mean, despite her natural easygoing nature.
Lisa

Everything would be beginning soon- Lisa noted the rumbling of the other combat robots, and likely the massive obstacle robot trailing behind the main pack to her location. It was always an incredibly difficult exam. As it should be, given how competitive the school needed to be given the number of applicants...

The blaring of the horn marked the beginning of the exam, and Lisa quickly switched the source of her earpiece to the robot. A tell-tale hum from the robot signaled its success, and the speaker within her captor’s ‘head’ was activated. The gates had just opened, and though she couldn’t quite see from here the precise situation, Lisa knew full well that the stampede of students was now barreling into the arena. It wouldn’t be long before the cacophony of explosions and the scraping of metal would overpower any noise she made now, speaker or not.

She took a long, deep breath, and exhaled. Then another breath, and Lisa opened her mouth wide. She hoped this sounded convincing enough.

“H E L P M E!!”

The screech blasted out of the Hostage Bot’s directional speaker over to the students’ location, and Lisa clapped a muffling hand over her earpiece in order to hide the sound of the coughing fit she had broken into. She hadn’t screamed like that in years, and now she was aspirating on her own saliva. With a final, hacking cough, Lisa switched her earpiece off from her metal captor’s speaker and cast a miserable look at the arena entrance. With any luck, a kid or two would take interest in the direction of her scream and decide to stay for the situation at hand. If not, Lisa would have nothing but the morning cold, her robot captor, and her own thoughts to keep her company. But even that held some merit in judging, to her at least- it said at least a little bit about a student to ignore a blatant cry for help in favor of sheer combat. This school separated the heroes from the power hungry- most of the time.

A wry smile ghosted her lips. She remembered her own entrance exam into this school. Lisa had passed by the skin of her teeth, and had looked close to death by the end of it. Without blood pumping through their veins, the robots were… challenging enemies. And now here she was, a teacher judging the exam at UA. Things had come full circle- though, bitterly, not in the way she would have wanted.

—-

Nissa

A distant rumbling sent a trill of nervousness through Nissa’s being, though by now she had managed to edge her way near the front. Just as well… Cinema had finished his quiet talking into his walker talkie, and a devious smile had just split into his face.

Here we go. Here we go!!

Nissa positioned herself to start into an athletic lunge, and a heady laughter made its way up her throat. She always ended up laughing when she was nervous, or in a big competitive situation like this- thought things were far from funny. If she failed… it would be back to Greece. Nissa couldn’t leave now, not when she had made an entirely new life here.

BEGIN!!” A voice boomed, accompanied by an air horn, and it jolted Nissa into action, sending her to run like a horse that had just been kicked. The cheetah girl was already ahead of them all, and a sharp grin pierced Nissa’s face as the fire of competition erupted within her. “Oh no you don’t!” She barked after her, the chaffing of her swimsuit barely an afterthought. She near shoved the snake headed girl by her to the ground in her aggressive push toward the front, the word ‘sorry’ not even making it past her lips.

So the cheetah girl can run fast, big surprise. But I’ve got something of my own…

Repeat the riddle!

An inner voice, deep and powerful, reverberated through Nissa’s being, sending shivers throughout her entire body.

They are two sisters. One gives birth to the other, who in turn gives birth to the first. What are the two sisters?

“The day and the night! I got an easy one today!” Nissa crowed aloud, triumph filling her being as a strange power reverberated throughout. The switch had been flipped. So what, she hadn’t done any real combat before? Not much was going to stop this.

With one last, bounding stride, Nissa gave a leap- and an involuntary shriek of discomfort as her body grew five times, ten times her size, morphed shape and grew extra limbs. Her suit morphed with her as her clothes ripped into shreds, and when Nissa once more hit the ground, she hit it with massive, furry paws. A lion with the size of a small rhinoceros. Golden fur glinted in the light while black wings absorbed it, and the only recognizable feature of her left was her grinning, unblinking human face. She was the Sphinx now- all ruthlessness, competitiveness, cruel intelligence, and aggression. The unsavory parts of Nissa’s personality given shape.

“H E L P ME!”

A piercing shriek, artificially amplified, cut through the arena, and Nissa snapped her head in the direction it came from. She almost changed her course toward it- almost. If it was a rescue situation, it surely was going to require a patience and sympathy that Nissa simply did not possess at the moment. Besides, now on all fours, she was well on her way to catching up to the hooded cheetah.

Without warning, a robot with a tacky 2 painted across it shrieked into view, and Nissa gathered the new, indomitable strength in her muscles to leap into it and crush the chest with sheer brute force. A giddy feeling of power swept through her, and Nissa used the foe as a launch pad to bound up and near to the side of the hooded girl. She could already sense more robots closing in, and Nissa cheekily snickered,

“Do you think you would be up to a fun logic puzzle to keep your mind sharp in these trying times?”

Although her voice held no threat, the quality of it was guttural and deep, malevolent even. But no matter. No way that she was going to pull off a riddle buff here, but her new form was making her cocky. She mentally reprimanded herself.

Stay focused! Don’t get lenient just because you had a good start! Besides, you’re going to need some friends after this exam, so don’t get... like how you can get.

Mean. When Nissa was the sphinx, and in such high stakes, she admitted that she could get... mean, despite her natural easygoing nature.
xGq4e44.png Click my username for my art shop!

~ Alex Floros ~

Alex took a few steps back, falling into a runner’s stance as the others ran into the area. Their wings spread out from their back slightly, ready for when they had the momentum to take off. They reached up with one hand, bringing their goggles down over their eyes as the last person went through the gates. Show time. Apologies and second thoughts could wait until after the exam.

They took a deep breath, closing their eyes for a moment to allow the others to begin fighting as they began humming softly. Wait, was that a scream? Later problem, take off first. They ran and their wings flared out as they jumped through the gate, taking advantage of the outbursts of fire from other students’ quirks and the explosions of robots that created plenty of thermal updrafts for them to use..

It was lower than they’d like, but they found a relatively comfortable height to fly at where they wouldn’t be targeting everyone. A height where they could just kinda… Avoid that big robot. Maybe. Hopefully. Oh please let someone powerful take that thing out. It was hard enough avoiding the small ones and sti- WAIT THEY HAVE DISTANCE ATTACKS!

Alex had started singing while in thought, a simple and repetitive song asking those who heard to fight for them. But as one of the robots fired at them, Alex was forced to tuck one wing in and roll to the side in order to not lose a limb. Would the test bots maim students? Maybe some height would be nice for a bit. Above the big robot. Very above.

Finding a large updraft left by the heat from one of the students, Alex flared their wings to soar above the buildings and get an idea of the full area. But they noticed something on one of the roofs. Was… That a person? They frowned slightly, flying closer rather than just circling over the massive brawl. Ok, not a student. Was this a test? There was a robot holding a… Familiar looking hostage. Well now they’d seen it, would the judges dock points for ignoring her? That wouldn’t be good… It wasn’t hard racking up points with how many powerful quirks there were, unprepared minds were weak to their song after all, but would it be enough. Wait, had she been the one to scream? That would make sense, the others were in the middle of explosions of their own, so it would have been harder to hear a scream.

Sighing, Alex tucked their wings into their body, diving down to land absolutely gracefully on the rooftop. Completely perfectly. Didn’t stumble at all. The pain in their right ankle was just, uh, ok yeah, landings still sucked.

“Please tell me you can understand sign language,” they signed quickly, keeping their distance and exaggerating the signs slightly so the meaning wouldn’t be lost. What if the robot couldn’t understand sign language? Sure, their quirk wouldn’t work on it, great job by the way, not like their quirk would be perfect for a hostage situation, but the effect would bounce off onto the closest person. Hypnotising the hostage probably wasn’t the goal of this exercise. And that hostage was really familiar. But they’d never met her? THey probably just recognised her from a teacher list or something.

Yukiko was off as soon as the air horn went off. Stupid shifty looking hoodie. She’d wanted to be first in.

‘Kiko, Kiko no. Make a plan. There was a scream for help. Use that. Oh, those are a lot of robots, big robots, please make a- DON’T JUST PUNCH THE ROBOTS!’

Yukiko punched the robots. Her fists and forearms were completely encased in ice, which seemed to explode over the robots, punching through the metal and leaving large chunks of jagged ice where her fist connected.

I like punching the robots.

‘What if someone hits that ice! It’ll shatter and they could get hurt!’

‘Not my fault. We’ll get docked points if I attack them on purpose, but if they’re stupid enough to shatter my ice and get hurt it’s their own fault.’

‘That isn’t the point! In a fight you can’t just leave hazards that cou-’

‘Yeah, when working together. This is a free-for-all. We need to get into this school. Chiro, this is why I don’t want you fighting. You’re too nice. They’ll eat you up. Look, when we’re working together with others, you can plan and help to your heart’s content. Well, as long as I still get to punch villains. But this? This is a brawl. And I love you, but you are terrible at thinking on your feet. Look, if you were in control right now you’d be going slowly and focusing on us talking. But me,’ Yukiko froze the head of one of the robots, smirking as it went down, ‘I am made for this.’

‘At least let me do something. I ca- Where’s the jacket.’ Yukiko looked down, eyes flashing green as Kichiro took control for a moment while she was distracted before she shoved him back down. Also, hadn’t she been somewhere different? And why did her shoulder hurt? It hadn’t a second ago. Whatever, she’d probably just worked on autopilot for a bit.

‘What the… Well. At least we’ll have a secret we-’

‘KIKO!’ The shout was dude to one of the robots managing to punch Yukiko, her head snapping to the side as she went flying. She let out a sharp exhale of pain as she slammed into the ground but pushed herself up onto her knees as she glared at the robot with fire in her eyes. She slapped a hand to the ground, ice shooting out to spear the robot and freeze it in a violent glacier.

‘Are you okay, Chiro?’

‘. . . Go punch robots.’ Yukiko smirked as she stood, cracking her knuckles and looking for a new target.

Gladly.

~ Nariko Sasuki ~

Nariko grinned at the principal’s comment, but moved her legs to leave one hanging over the arm of her chair while the other curled under her. Her eyes gleamed as the kids rushed into the arena, though she thought that one had already chickened out until it turned out they just needed a runway.

“Ooo, which do you think will take first? I like the big cat looking thing. Who do you think’ll go after Vi? Think all of them’ll just go for punching robots?” Nariko wasn’t really expecting an answer, she was more focused on the fighting. This was something she loved, and she remembered her own exam. Even if she’d had… Mixed results. Nearly frying herself from too much electrical buildup hadn’t been the most fun experience, but hey, she’d learned. Eventually. It was fun seeing the kids figure out more downfalls to their quirks.

“Aw, boo, I don’t see any electrical quirks. There are some pretty flashy ones though.”

~ Alex Floros ~

Alex took a few steps back, falling into a runner’s stance as the others ran into the area. Their wings spread out from their back slightly, ready for when they had the momentum to take off. They reached up with one hand, bringing their goggles down over their eyes as the last person went through the gates. Show time. Apologies and second thoughts could wait until after the exam.

They took a deep breath, closing their eyes for a moment to allow the others to begin fighting as they began humming softly. Wait, was that a scream? Later problem, take off first. They ran and their wings flared out as they jumped through the gate, taking advantage of the outbursts of fire from other students’ quirks and the explosions of robots that created plenty of thermal updrafts for them to use..

It was lower than they’d like, but they found a relatively comfortable height to fly at where they wouldn’t be targeting everyone. A height where they could just kinda… Avoid that big robot. Maybe. Hopefully. Oh please let someone powerful take that thing out. It was hard enough avoiding the small ones and sti- WAIT THEY HAVE DISTANCE ATTACKS!

Alex had started singing while in thought, a simple and repetitive song asking those who heard to fight for them. But as one of the robots fired at them, Alex was forced to tuck one wing in and roll to the side in order to not lose a limb. Would the test bots maim students? Maybe some height would be nice for a bit. Above the big robot. Very above.

Finding a large updraft left by the heat from one of the students, Alex flared their wings to soar above the buildings and get an idea of the full area. But they noticed something on one of the roofs. Was… That a person? They frowned slightly, flying closer rather than just circling over the massive brawl. Ok, not a student. Was this a test? There was a robot holding a… Familiar looking hostage. Well now they’d seen it, would the judges dock points for ignoring her? That wouldn’t be good… It wasn’t hard racking up points with how many powerful quirks there were, unprepared minds were weak to their song after all, but would it be enough. Wait, had she been the one to scream? That would make sense, the others were in the middle of explosions of their own, so it would have been harder to hear a scream.

Sighing, Alex tucked their wings into their body, diving down to land absolutely gracefully on the rooftop. Completely perfectly. Didn’t stumble at all. The pain in their right ankle was just, uh, ok yeah, landings still sucked.

“Please tell me you can understand sign language,” they signed quickly, keeping their distance and exaggerating the signs slightly so the meaning wouldn’t be lost. What if the robot couldn’t understand sign language? Sure, their quirk wouldn’t work on it, great job by the way, not like their quirk would be perfect for a hostage situation, but the effect would bounce off onto the closest person. Hypnotising the hostage probably wasn’t the goal of this exercise. And that hostage was really familiar. But they’d never met her? THey probably just recognised her from a teacher list or something.

Yukiko was off as soon as the air horn went off. Stupid shifty looking hoodie. She’d wanted to be first in.

‘Kiko, Kiko no. Make a plan. There was a scream for help. Use that. Oh, those are a lot of robots, big robots, please make a- DON’T JUST PUNCH THE ROBOTS!’

Yukiko punched the robots. Her fists and forearms were completely encased in ice, which seemed to explode over the robots, punching through the metal and leaving large chunks of jagged ice where her fist connected.

I like punching the robots.

‘What if someone hits that ice! It’ll shatter and they could get hurt!’

‘Not my fault. We’ll get docked points if I attack them on purpose, but if they’re stupid enough to shatter my ice and get hurt it’s their own fault.’

‘That isn’t the point! In a fight you can’t just leave hazards that cou-’

‘Yeah, when working together. This is a free-for-all. We need to get into this school. Chiro, this is why I don’t want you fighting. You’re too nice. They’ll eat you up. Look, when we’re working together with others, you can plan and help to your heart’s content. Well, as long as I still get to punch villains. But this? This is a brawl. And I love you, but you are terrible at thinking on your feet. Look, if you were in control right now you’d be going slowly and focusing on us talking. But me,’ Yukiko froze the head of one of the robots, smirking as it went down, ‘I am made for this.’

‘At least let me do something. I ca- Where’s the jacket.’ Yukiko looked down, eyes flashing green as Kichiro took control for a moment while she was distracted before she shoved him back down. Also, hadn’t she been somewhere different? And why did her shoulder hurt? It hadn’t a second ago. Whatever, she’d probably just worked on autopilot for a bit.

‘What the… Well. At least we’ll have a secret we-’

‘KIKO!’ The shout was dude to one of the robots managing to punch Yukiko, her head snapping to the side as she went flying. She let out a sharp exhale of pain as she slammed into the ground but pushed herself up onto her knees as she glared at the robot with fire in her eyes. She slapped a hand to the ground, ice shooting out to spear the robot and freeze it in a violent glacier.

‘Are you okay, Chiro?’

‘. . . Go punch robots.’ Yukiko smirked as she stood, cracking her knuckles and looking for a new target.

Gladly.

~ Nariko Sasuki ~

Nariko grinned at the principal’s comment, but moved her legs to leave one hanging over the arm of her chair while the other curled under her. Her eyes gleamed as the kids rushed into the arena, though she thought that one had already chickened out until it turned out they just needed a runway.

“Ooo, which do you think will take first? I like the big cat looking thing. Who do you think’ll go after Vi? Think all of them’ll just go for punching robots?” Nariko wasn’t really expecting an answer, she was more focused on the fighting. This was something she loved, and she remembered her own exam. Even if she’d had… Mixed results. Nearly frying herself from too much electrical buildup hadn’t been the most fun experience, but hey, she’d learned. Eventually. It was fun seeing the kids figure out more downfalls to their quirks.

“Aw, boo, I don’t see any electrical quirks. There are some pretty flashy ones though.”
FusionFlare.gif
Lana Regimae

Lana was startled out of her thoughts. For a second she forgot what she was doing and looked around wildly. She saw the other kids rushing forward, almost trampling her in the process. Lana mumbled something under her breath, allowing a pair of blue dragon wings to sprout from her shoulders. Blue scales spread out across her body and her ears grew bigger and more round. As soon as she finished transforming, Lana spread her wings and took off into the air rather sluggishly. She blasted fire into the air and flew through it to warm her blood up.

Lana saw a few other students flying as well and tried to avoid them so she wouldn't accidentally hit them with her tail or breath attacks. She saw a few robots ahead and decided that fire was the best kind of breath to use for today. The robots' metal would probably be cold so going from cold to hot would crack the metal and make them fragile. Her dragon eyes spotted a figure below freezing the robots. Perfect. This would help her plan out.

As she was working on getting the fire in her belly at its hottest temperature, her sharp hearing picked up on a cry for help. Lana hovered in place, trying to pinpoint where it came from, nearly getting shot down by a low leveled robot in the process. She saw a winged figure land on some rooftops a short distance away and decided to fly over and check it out. Maybe they had heard as well and went to check it out as well. She saw a robot on the roof with a person inside. The winged person was signing to the robot. Lana frowned as she tried to remember some of the sign language she learned a few years back.

Are they saying something about...eating cheese?? No that can't be right. Oh they are asking to hostage if they can sign. That makes more sense. How on earth did I get cheese out of that?.

She landed next to the signing person and signed to them, "I can understand you a little so if they can't I can translate."

What am I doing here? Why am I helping this person out?! I should be out there getting robots right now! Hergh I hope this is quick. she thought to herself.
Lana Regimae

Lana was startled out of her thoughts. For a second she forgot what she was doing and looked around wildly. She saw the other kids rushing forward, almost trampling her in the process. Lana mumbled something under her breath, allowing a pair of blue dragon wings to sprout from her shoulders. Blue scales spread out across her body and her ears grew bigger and more round. As soon as she finished transforming, Lana spread her wings and took off into the air rather sluggishly. She blasted fire into the air and flew through it to warm her blood up.

Lana saw a few other students flying as well and tried to avoid them so she wouldn't accidentally hit them with her tail or breath attacks. She saw a few robots ahead and decided that fire was the best kind of breath to use for today. The robots' metal would probably be cold so going from cold to hot would crack the metal and make them fragile. Her dragon eyes spotted a figure below freezing the robots. Perfect. This would help her plan out.

As she was working on getting the fire in her belly at its hottest temperature, her sharp hearing picked up on a cry for help. Lana hovered in place, trying to pinpoint where it came from, nearly getting shot down by a low leveled robot in the process. She saw a winged figure land on some rooftops a short distance away and decided to fly over and check it out. Maybe they had heard as well and went to check it out as well. She saw a robot on the roof with a person inside. The winged person was signing to the robot. Lana frowned as she tried to remember some of the sign language she learned a few years back.

Are they saying something about...eating cheese?? No that can't be right. Oh they are asking to hostage if they can sign. That makes more sense. How on earth did I get cheese out of that?.

She landed next to the signing person and signed to them, "I can understand you a little so if they can't I can translate."

What am I doing here? Why am I helping this person out?! I should be out there getting robots right now! Hergh I hope this is quick. she thought to herself.
HzGpUHb.png
Ember was doing her best to keep warm while tuning out the discussion around her. It was only when she noticed cinema had stopped talking that she turned her gaze toward the teacher. She grabbed the goggles around her neck in anticipation, wondering if it was nearing time. By the time ember saw that smile on cinema's face, she had put her winter gloves away and started to put on the swimming goggles. By the time she had finished putting them on, the test had begun.

Ember had charged down the middle like the others, creating bursts of air at her sides to keep at least a foot distance from the other competitors she was charging with. As she neared to the entrance, she saw all the robots, bunched up? Their forming a wall? she thought to herself, thinking of it odd at first until she thought of the intention. She smiled They want us to break ourselves on it and become worn out after. And she had no intention on doing so, thinking that they're are more easier points beyond it. She already had planned on how to scale this barricade, and by doing so she just barely reacted in time to the rapidly descending shadow above her.

Ember put out a hard gust to send her left, just in time for whatever it was to land where she had been. She rolled on her landing less then gracefully, but at least she came out of it unharmed. She looked at what had costed her momentum, and paused at the sight. It wasn't everyday you saw a lion with wings just sprouted out of no where. Her pause was rewarded with a whirring of a one wheeled robot accelerating towards her with a raised shield in hand ready to strike her. Ember rolled left as the shield hit ground, and as soon as ember was on her feet she lept forward with a burst of wind. With her free hand she unleashed a burst of wind when she thought she was close enough to it's head. The resulting burst produced a Snap! as she was sent backwards due to the force of the blast. She saw the neck of the robot was snapped as it gave a final whirl before collapsing, the red dot fading assured her it was done. One point for me. She thought at the sight of painted number on its chest.

She turned her attention back to the wall, which now was beginning to be torn apart by her competitors. She still wanted to hurdle over this obstacle though, and seeing a robot with a 2 painted on it's body gave her the ideal launch point. She sprinted towards it after it was raising its tail from a attack and she aimed for it. She lept into the air with a burst of air from under her feet, launching herself into the air and landed nearly stuck the landing. Nearly as while she got a shaky landing on it's tail, she spotted something rushing toward her direction out of the corner of her eye. She quickly lept backwards to the entrance side of the robot wall, seeing the robot she was just on frozen over. She cursed to herself, and was preparing to move again when she realized the giant robot at the center of the makeshift wall that she was in front of. The thing was huge enough to be its own building. Heck, ember thought it was a random building put there to split her and the others down two ways. But now she could see the scope of the entire thing. Ember had only heard stories about villains being half this things size and being a issue to take down for the pros, she had never expected to face off against something this big, especially at a entrance exam! Ember was standing frozen with wide-eyed shock staring up at it, and for the first time in pursuing her goal, a thought crept into her head. Could I die here?

Ember was doing her best to keep warm while tuning out the discussion around her. It was only when she noticed cinema had stopped talking that she turned her gaze toward the teacher. She grabbed the goggles around her neck in anticipation, wondering if it was nearing time. By the time ember saw that smile on cinema's face, she had put her winter gloves away and started to put on the swimming goggles. By the time she had finished putting them on, the test had begun.

Ember had charged down the middle like the others, creating bursts of air at her sides to keep at least a foot distance from the other competitors she was charging with. As she neared to the entrance, she saw all the robots, bunched up? Their forming a wall? she thought to herself, thinking of it odd at first until she thought of the intention. She smiled They want us to break ourselves on it and become worn out after. And she had no intention on doing so, thinking that they're are more easier points beyond it. She already had planned on how to scale this barricade, and by doing so she just barely reacted in time to the rapidly descending shadow above her.

Ember put out a hard gust to send her left, just in time for whatever it was to land where she had been. She rolled on her landing less then gracefully, but at least she came out of it unharmed. She looked at what had costed her momentum, and paused at the sight. It wasn't everyday you saw a lion with wings just sprouted out of no where. Her pause was rewarded with a whirring of a one wheeled robot accelerating towards her with a raised shield in hand ready to strike her. Ember rolled left as the shield hit ground, and as soon as ember was on her feet she lept forward with a burst of wind. With her free hand she unleashed a burst of wind when she thought she was close enough to it's head. The resulting burst produced a Snap! as she was sent backwards due to the force of the blast. She saw the neck of the robot was snapped as it gave a final whirl before collapsing, the red dot fading assured her it was done. One point for me. She thought at the sight of painted number on its chest.

She turned her attention back to the wall, which now was beginning to be torn apart by her competitors. She still wanted to hurdle over this obstacle though, and seeing a robot with a 2 painted on it's body gave her the ideal launch point. She sprinted towards it after it was raising its tail from a attack and she aimed for it. She lept into the air with a burst of air from under her feet, launching herself into the air and landed nearly stuck the landing. Nearly as while she got a shaky landing on it's tail, she spotted something rushing toward her direction out of the corner of her eye. She quickly lept backwards to the entrance side of the robot wall, seeing the robot she was just on frozen over. She cursed to herself, and was preparing to move again when she realized the giant robot at the center of the makeshift wall that she was in front of. The thing was huge enough to be its own building. Heck, ember thought it was a random building put there to split her and the others down two ways. But now she could see the scope of the entire thing. Ember had only heard stories about villains being half this things size and being a issue to take down for the pros, she had never expected to face off against something this big, especially at a entrance exam! Ember was standing frozen with wide-eyed shock staring up at it, and for the first time in pursuing her goal, a thought crept into her head. Could I die here?

Yuuna Sato

Ito had held most of her attention, so as Cinema yelled the beginning of the exam Yuuna watched as all the students bolted. Thank the lord she hadn't been at the helm, she might've been trampled. Seeing a figure in a hoodie make a mad dash into the training grounds Yuuna turned her attention back to Ito a. For a split second she waved at him before they both took off on their own.

The brisk morning air wasn't fun for Yuuna's snakes, so they were sluggish at first. However, a burst of heat from the fire had them up and going as she ran past it... only to be met with a wall of robots. Yuuna spotted a lion-like form suddenly burst into being and take out some of them, as well as someone with what appeared to be a wind quirk. The young woman hardly gave them a second though as she tucked her arms close to her body and focused on the robots before her. It wasn't Yuuna's usually personality to dive straight into a fight, but today? She'd make an exception.

As she sprinted at the wall of robots, Yuuna extended her hair to allow her snakes some freedom in combot. They gathered up 2 of the robots in their green coils, proceeding to wad the metallic bodies together as if they were a tissue. Yuuna felt the ground quake with the force of the robots, her eyes scanning the spaces between buildings. There were tons of robots swarming all over the place, but at the end of the day they were programmed AIs and hunks of metal.

Yuuna fought her way through to wall, her snakes easily constricting the metal bodies that she aimed for. If any of the robots attempted to grab Yuuna she had a plan. The three snakes that made up her "bangs" kept close in order to take care of any immediate threat, such as a robotic arm or debris. The others took long range targets down, crushing robots or deactivating them. They were attempting to earn as many points for their host as they could.

The other students were an iffy subject for Yuuna, being a hero meant helping others but this was an exam to the school of her dreams. For now she hadn't gone out of her way to help anyone, and she hoped it wouldn't come down to that.

Ayame Hitomi

Ayame listened to the other teacher's concerns and observations, her eyes following each one in turn. They had some of the most unique quirks at work here on UA's staff, she only hoped the classes this year reflected that. Her small stature usually presented its own unique challenges, as did every quirk. However... Ishkawa's comment pulled her out of her spiraling thoughts.

"Ishkawa!!! I might've finished towards the back but I made it here, that's the important thing. My quirk might not be battle based, but I made it." She whined, knowing the principal was teasing her. It was true, Ayame hadn't done well on the entrance exam. She hadn't even finished in the top 50 honestly, her written exam had saved her skin and allowed her into the hero course.

As Ayame turned back to the screen she could only hope she got to teach the teens dancing over the monitor in front of her. She saw a sphinx-like body erupt into the frame on one screen, a higher-set cameras showed someone had already found Lisa, and another showed a figure who had encased their arms in ice. As the scene unfolded Ayame could appreciate the quirks and the rag-tag fighting styles used. Some where using a more aggressive attack with their own quirks, while others were using their surroundings.

"Chihiro might have a point, our entrance exams seem to be a bit iffy for more passive quirks. We should've thrown a few oddball puzzles or something in there to let them have a shot." A small pang hit Ayame as she realized that only a select few of these would even make into the basic course, let alone the hero course. Do your best. The batty woman encouraged silently.
Yuuna Sato

Ito had held most of her attention, so as Cinema yelled the beginning of the exam Yuuna watched as all the students bolted. Thank the lord she hadn't been at the helm, she might've been trampled. Seeing a figure in a hoodie make a mad dash into the training grounds Yuuna turned her attention back to Ito a. For a split second she waved at him before they both took off on their own.

The brisk morning air wasn't fun for Yuuna's snakes, so they were sluggish at first. However, a burst of heat from the fire had them up and going as she ran past it... only to be met with a wall of robots. Yuuna spotted a lion-like form suddenly burst into being and take out some of them, as well as someone with what appeared to be a wind quirk. The young woman hardly gave them a second though as she tucked her arms close to her body and focused on the robots before her. It wasn't Yuuna's usually personality to dive straight into a fight, but today? She'd make an exception.

As she sprinted at the wall of robots, Yuuna extended her hair to allow her snakes some freedom in combot. They gathered up 2 of the robots in their green coils, proceeding to wad the metallic bodies together as if they were a tissue. Yuuna felt the ground quake with the force of the robots, her eyes scanning the spaces between buildings. There were tons of robots swarming all over the place, but at the end of the day they were programmed AIs and hunks of metal.

Yuuna fought her way through to wall, her snakes easily constricting the metal bodies that she aimed for. If any of the robots attempted to grab Yuuna she had a plan. The three snakes that made up her "bangs" kept close in order to take care of any immediate threat, such as a robotic arm or debris. The others took long range targets down, crushing robots or deactivating them. They were attempting to earn as many points for their host as they could.

The other students were an iffy subject for Yuuna, being a hero meant helping others but this was an exam to the school of her dreams. For now she hadn't gone out of her way to help anyone, and she hoped it wouldn't come down to that.

Ayame Hitomi

Ayame listened to the other teacher's concerns and observations, her eyes following each one in turn. They had some of the most unique quirks at work here on UA's staff, she only hoped the classes this year reflected that. Her small stature usually presented its own unique challenges, as did every quirk. However... Ishkawa's comment pulled her out of her spiraling thoughts.

"Ishkawa!!! I might've finished towards the back but I made it here, that's the important thing. My quirk might not be battle based, but I made it." She whined, knowing the principal was teasing her. It was true, Ayame hadn't done well on the entrance exam. She hadn't even finished in the top 50 honestly, her written exam had saved her skin and allowed her into the hero course.

As Ayame turned back to the screen she could only hope she got to teach the teens dancing over the monitor in front of her. She saw a sphinx-like body erupt into the frame on one screen, a higher-set cameras showed someone had already found Lisa, and another showed a figure who had encased their arms in ice. As the scene unfolded Ayame could appreciate the quirks and the rag-tag fighting styles used. Some where using a more aggressive attack with their own quirks, while others were using their surroundings.

"Chihiro might have a point, our entrance exams seem to be a bit iffy for more passive quirks. We should've thrown a few oddball puzzles or something in there to let them have a shot." A small pang hit Ayame as she realized that only a select few of these would even make into the basic course, let alone the hero course. Do your best. The batty woman encouraged silently.
5S2hFjn.png
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15