Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Whoo, Eurovision!
1 2 3 4
@Eleni

Same! Plus the message behind it is also super cool!
I just really like the way they brought that message across, tbh
@Eleni

Same! Plus the message behind it is also super cool!
I just really like the way they brought that message across, tbh
@Arimwe Honestly, the beat isn't that bad at all. But the lyrics just..... I honestly think that what people are going to remember about the lyrics the most are all the chicken noises she makes. I think that's one of the problems the latter generations have: They need a song to be absolutely nonsensical and silly to like it, and they don't really pay much mind to the more serious songs that are down to earth.
@Arimwe Honestly, the beat isn't that bad at all. But the lyrics just..... I honestly think that what people are going to remember about the lyrics the most are all the chicken noises she makes. I think that's one of the problems the latter generations have: They need a song to be absolutely nonsensical and silly to like it, and they don't really pay much mind to the more serious songs that are down to earth.
WBsJuD1.pngiQrvnPv.pngfvfrO0T.pngg2TOb2t.pngzy5WGDV.png
@Cataclasm

I think people also like it, due to the fact it is a break from all those down to earth songs?
I mean, it's a break from all those sad melody songs about bullying

Also, if I were at a younger age, lets say 14, and I would've heard this song, I would have loved it due to the message as well. It would've also been a good cover for just liking the beat. Because back when I was being bullied, liking a sad melody song about bullying usually made it worse.
@Cataclasm

I think people also like it, due to the fact it is a break from all those down to earth songs?
I mean, it's a break from all those sad melody songs about bullying

Also, if I were at a younger age, lets say 14, and I would've heard this song, I would have loved it due to the message as well. It would've also been a good cover for just liking the beat. Because back when I was being bullied, liking a sad melody song about bullying usually made it worse.
I'm still amazed Germany fid soooo well after only being the last for a few years but I also think it was a great great entry this time

Another really good one was Estonia
I'm still amazed Germany fid soooo well after only being the last for a few years but I also think it was a great great entry this time

Another really good one was Estonia
qR6otwA.png
Israel's entry wasn't my favourite, but it was a really cute act and the singer seemed sweet, so I'm glad she won.

I thought Denmark might have done better, but they didn't do too badly.

Mostly I'm glad Sweden and Cyprus didn't win, because they had terrible entries.
Israel's entry wasn't my favourite, but it was a really cute act and the singer seemed sweet, so I'm glad she won.

I thought Denmark might have done better, but they didn't do too badly.

Mostly I'm glad Sweden and Cyprus didn't win, because they had terrible entries.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
@Greyjoy

Yeah, I think the jury votes kinda ruined it for Denmark unfortunately. The actual audience thankfully loved it! Reminds me almost of Poland 2016. It jumped way up once the televotes were counted!

And I totally agree about Sweden and Cyprus.
@Greyjoy

Yeah, I think the jury votes kinda ruined it for Denmark unfortunately. The actual audience thankfully loved it! Reminds me almost of Poland 2016. It jumped way up once the televotes were counted!

And I totally agree about Sweden and Cyprus.
scout_sm_by_xnedra22-d8kgenm.png aries_by_xnedra22-d9o6vxc.png tX7E8e6.png
@tabeabd

Yeah, it was nice to see them jump up on the leaderboard once the audience votes came through. They were good! I don't know why the jury didn't like them, they were great.
@tabeabd

Yeah, it was nice to see them jump up on the leaderboard once the audience votes came through. They were good! I don't know why the jury didn't like them, they were great.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
Something about Sweden's entry this year left me feeling physically repulsed :/ shame, they usually send good things. Fun to see Rybak get a ton of popular votes despite the eh song, though :P
Something about Sweden's entry this year left me feeling physically repulsed :/ shame, they usually send good things. Fun to see Rybak get a ton of popular votes despite the eh song, though :P
3pqI1pH.pngvbbxBX.pngvbbljG.png
Okay,honestly I've never was a fan of Israel's song,also so sad Norway was only 15th finally.
My other favourites were also Czech Republic(6th),very obviously France(13th),Sweden(7th) and Switzerland(not qualified to final :/)

I think that Estonia had got very interesting idea,especially with that animated dress,but it was unfortunately obvious it will never win,then this 8th place is nice and a bit surprising.
I would also mention Hungary,because of another not so usual song,I've thought that they would be higher than on 21st place.

BTW,is it only me,or Bulgaria representants didn't really sing live,at least on the final...?
Okay,honestly I've never was a fan of Israel's song,also so sad Norway was only 15th finally.
My other favourites were also Czech Republic(6th),very obviously France(13th),Sweden(7th) and Switzerland(not qualified to final :/)

I think that Estonia had got very interesting idea,especially with that animated dress,but it was unfortunately obvious it will never win,then this 8th place is nice and a bit surprising.
I would also mention Hungary,because of another not so usual song,I've thought that they would be higher than on 21st place.

BTW,is it only me,or Bulgaria representants didn't really sing live,at least on the final...?
W6LdAlV.gif
A non-European country won Eurovision? Seriously?
A non-European country won Eurovision? Seriously?
.gif.gif.gif.gif Aren't they cute?
1 2 3 4