Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Studding
Hey!

See, I don't know if this has been requested before as I like to stay away from FR discussion, but I thought studding would be a good way to maybe lessen scams and make breeding more convenient for FR users.

I think we should be able to set our prices for stud dragons, and should of course be available to both genders of dragons...despite the title "stud".

And there should also be an approve/decline option-unlike the AH.

This would be great, as I nor anyone likes to give their dragons away for 6 days, even risking scamming or thievery. Also, there could be an option in the AH to look for dragons up for stud only so you can even search for them.

Thank you!
~Bailey
Hey!

See, I don't know if this has been requested before as I like to stay away from FR discussion, but I thought studding would be a good way to maybe lessen scams and make breeding more convenient for FR users.

I think we should be able to set our prices for stud dragons, and should of course be available to both genders of dragons...despite the title "stud".

And there should also be an approve/decline option-unlike the AH.

This would be great, as I nor anyone likes to give their dragons away for 6 days, even risking scamming or thievery. Also, there could be an option in the AH to look for dragons up for stud only so you can even search for them.

Thank you!
~Bailey
i4qoruH.png
Yeah I support. Ovipets (ovipets.com) has this going. You can search for available breeding partners and people putting up their pets to breed can set a price (including free).

I would love this option coming to Flight Rising. If both owners must approve the before the breed that would be awesome. The person paying would get the eggs, I guess.
Yeah I support. Ovipets (ovipets.com) has this going. You can search for available breeding partners and people putting up their pets to breed can set a price (including free).

I would love this option coming to Flight Rising. If both owners must approve the before the breed that would be awesome. The person paying would get the eggs, I guess.
support. this is an amazing idea but it needs a bit tweaking
for example, do both of the parents actually have to 'sit on' the nest? can the owner of the stud do anything with the dragon before the nest is hatched? would the normal cooldown apply to the studding, too (i think it has to to keep the breed rarities and things in order)?
support. this is an amazing idea but it needs a bit tweaking
for example, do both of the parents actually have to 'sit on' the nest? can the owner of the stud do anything with the dragon before the nest is hatched? would the normal cooldown apply to the studding, too (i think it has to to keep the breed rarities and things in order)?
she was standing over me with a cigarette, the moon behind her,
yelling at me how in dance and music it's all mathematical
There are some coding issues to consider with a two player breeding system--namely both dragons tend the nest and hatchlings aren't rolled until the nest is hatched, nests must be manually incubated and must be manually hatched so its quite possible to keep a pair in limbo--inable to be rebred, exalted, breed changed, regened, sold, etc so if there aren't things put into place to prevent issues, a player could end up with a dragon they cannot breed, exalt, regene or change breed because the other player disappeared.

If a two player breeding option is added I'd like to see these restrictions
  • Both sexes can be put up as available for breeding.
  • The player who sends the breeding request gets the nest in their lair and is the one who gets the eggs. They are also the only player who can incubate or hatch the nest.
  • Both dragons go on the breeding cooldown ((lore wise, the studded dragon is still helping tend the nest, game wise its to keep the current requirement consistent))
  • If the nest isn't hatched in X days ((probably 15 days max as that corresponds with the length of a plentiful's cooldown)) then the clutch is discarded to prevent dragons from being stuck in limbo
There are some coding issues to consider with a two player breeding system--namely both dragons tend the nest and hatchlings aren't rolled until the nest is hatched, nests must be manually incubated and must be manually hatched so its quite possible to keep a pair in limbo--inable to be rebred, exalted, breed changed, regened, sold, etc so if there aren't things put into place to prevent issues, a player could end up with a dragon they cannot breed, exalt, regene or change breed because the other player disappeared.

If a two player breeding option is added I'd like to see these restrictions
  • Both sexes can be put up as available for breeding.
  • The player who sends the breeding request gets the nest in their lair and is the one who gets the eggs. They are also the only player who can incubate or hatch the nest.
  • Both dragons go on the breeding cooldown ((lore wise, the studded dragon is still helping tend the nest, game wise its to keep the current requirement consistent))
  • If the nest isn't hatched in X days ((probably 15 days max as that corresponds with the length of a plentiful's cooldown)) then the clutch is discarded to prevent dragons from being stuck in limbo
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
I would really honestly get behind this 100% even though this thread is older. I would really like to be able to breed to other peoples dragons as well and be able to do it safely without having to trade dragons. Not to mention it'd make keeping the breeding bloodlines in our lairs 'fresh' a lot easier. (IE not over used because we have no other alternative but to buy a dragon for a single breeding, take a risk on a trade agreement, or only breed back to our own dragons.)
I would really honestly get behind this 100% even though this thread is older. I would really like to be able to breed to other peoples dragons as well and be able to do it safely without having to trade dragons. Not to mention it'd make keeping the breeding bloodlines in our lairs 'fresh' a lot easier. (IE not over used because we have no other alternative but to buy a dragon for a single breeding, take a risk on a trade agreement, or only breed back to our own dragons.)