Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Python and Morph
1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 63 64
[quote name="MsBarrows" date="2018-05-05 16:27:36" ] We hates your rareness, my precious, yes we does. Okay, tired math time! Sorry if I flub something, I've been grinding coli most of the day after coming off a reading all-nighter so tired brain is tired. At this point it's been 12-13 hours since the new gene pair went live in coliseum. A fast check of Dragon Search and AH done a bit ago minutes ago turned up 87 copies of the genes in total at that moment in time (male python + female python + male morph + female morph + AH python + AH morph). Probably a few extra copies around that people have in hoard while they figure out what to do with it. In that let's-call-it-12 hours, there's pretty consistently been in the neighbourhood of 3k people logged in, according to the Users Online tracker; let's be conservative and say only 2k of those were grinding coli and the rest were off doing Normal Lair Stuff. Based on my own coliseum speed once eliminate is up and running smoothly, let's also say most coliseum battles take in the neighbourhood of 5 seconds plus r minus a bit (click-click-dead x 2-4 opponents - longer for those going into arenas that need a slash-eliminate or worse). That'd be 12 battles per minutes but tired brain is tired so let's round it down to a nice easily multiplied 10 per minute, or 600 battles per hour (assuming no breaks). Ugh, tired brain! Let's again be conservative and round that down to 500 to allow for inattention and distractions and missed eliminates etc. 500 battles per person times 2000 people is 1 million battles per hour. Times 12 hours is 12 million battles since the new genes went live. In which time we've had 100-or-less scrolls drop!? That's like a 0.000008% drop rate I... am icing my wrist and going to bed. Wake me up when the drop rate gets fixed. That's not just rare - that is how to **** off your user base levels of stupidly rare. [/quote] From what I've seen people do (at least those who talk about what they do) I definitely wouldn't say two of three people coli. Probably more like one to two in four - plus I don't think that's true all the time. There are also a lot of players (myself included) who are being counted as online because they [i]are[/i] but actually aren't doing anything because the browser tab is just hiding away below a pile of 30 other, currently more important tabs. So, I'm not going to say the drop chance is even close to moderate, but at least it's not nearly as low as elim's?
MsBarrows wrote on 2018-05-05 16:27:36:
We hates your rareness, my precious, yes we does.

Okay, tired math time! Sorry if I flub something, I've been grinding coli most of the day after coming off a reading all-nighter so tired brain is tired.

At this point it's been 12-13 hours since the new gene pair went live in coliseum. A fast check of Dragon Search and AH done a bit ago minutes ago turned up 87 copies of the genes in total at that moment in time (male python + female python + male morph + female morph + AH python + AH morph). Probably a few extra copies around that people have in hoard while they figure out what to do with it.

In that let's-call-it-12 hours, there's pretty consistently been in the neighbourhood of 3k people logged in, according to the Users Online tracker; let's be conservative and say only 2k of those were grinding coli and the rest were off doing Normal Lair Stuff.

Based on my own coliseum speed once eliminate is up and running smoothly, let's also say most coliseum battles take in the neighbourhood of 5 seconds plus r minus a bit (click-click-dead x 2-4 opponents - longer for those going into arenas that need a slash-eliminate or worse). That'd be 12 battles per minutes but tired brain is tired so let's round it down to a nice easily multiplied 10 per minute, or 600 battles per hour (assuming no breaks). Ugh, tired brain! Let's again be conservative and round that down to 500 to allow for inattention and distractions and missed eliminates etc.

500 battles per person times 2000 people is 1 million battles per hour. Times 12 hours is 12 million battles since the new genes went live. In which time we've had 100-or-less scrolls drop!?

That's like a 0.000008% drop rate

I... am icing my wrist and going to bed. Wake me up when the drop rate gets fixed. That's not just rare - that is how to **** off your user base levels of stupidly rare.

From what I've seen people do (at least those who talk about what they do) I definitely wouldn't say two of three people coli. Probably more like one to two in four - plus I don't think that's true all the time. There are also a lot of players (myself included) who are being counted as online because they are but actually aren't doing anything because the browser tab is just hiding away below a pile of 30 other, currently more important tabs.
So, I'm not going to say the drop chance is even close to moderate, but at least it's not nearly as low as elim's?
jPdGQf9.gif
[quote name="Lya" date="2018-05-05 16:35:31" ] [quote name="MsBarrows" date="2018-05-05 16:27:36" ]Snip [/quote] From what I've seen people do (at least those who talk about what they do) I definitely wouldn't say two of three people coli. Probably more like one to two in four - plus I don't think that's true all the time. There are also a lot of players (myself included) who are being counted as online because they [i]are[/i] but actually aren't doing anything because the browser tab is just hiding away below a pile of 30 other, currently more important tabs. So, I'm not going to say the drop chance is even close to moderate, but at least it's not nearly as low as elim's? [/quote] Same, I have been online and in the coliseum, but only doing a relative handful of battles in that time. Then I take a break, come back, do another handful etc... The math is also not taking into account people who are slower at clicking etc... Plus, this is the first day. There are genes on the AH (at least there was last time I checked). This isn't supposed to be a gene everyone gets the first day, or even the first week. (at least I don't think it is). I say give it a week and then if the drop rates (not just personal drop rates) seem too low, THEN complain about it. Edit: I went and looked and there were 15 morph genes on the AH, 8 python genes, 11 dragons for sale with morph, 10 dragons with python for sale (however, 7 of those are probably the same dragons, because there are 7 with both genes) Dragon Search reveals 18 male dragons with Morph, 17 females with morph. 25 male dragons with Python, 17 female dragons with morph (6 of the female dragons have both morph and python, and 10 of the male dragons have both genes). (some of these are also on the AH, so it is fewer genes than it at first seems) All in all, there are more genes being given out than I thought, and don't forget this doesn't include the ones that are being sold through the Forums, or being traded in the forums, or being held on to, or being traded off site.
Lya wrote on 2018-05-05 16:35:31:
Snip

From what I've seen people do (at least those who talk about what they do) I definitely wouldn't say two of three people coli. Probably more like one to two in four - plus I don't think that's true all the time. There are also a lot of players (myself included) who are being counted as online because they are but actually aren't doing anything because the browser tab is just hiding away below a pile of 30 other, currently more important tabs.
So, I'm not going to say the drop chance is even close to moderate, but at least it's not nearly as low as elim's?
Same, I have been online and in the coliseum, but only doing a relative handful of battles in that time. Then I take a break, come back, do another handful etc... The math is also not taking into account people who are slower at clicking etc...

Plus, this is the first day. There are genes on the AH (at least there was last time I checked). This isn't supposed to be a gene everyone gets the first day, or even the first week. (at least I don't think it is).

I say give it a week and then if the drop rates (not just personal drop rates) seem too low, THEN complain about it.

Edit: I went and looked and there were 15 morph genes on the AH, 8 python genes, 11 dragons for sale with morph, 10 dragons with python for sale (however, 7 of those are probably the same dragons, because there are 7 with both genes)

Dragon Search reveals 18 male dragons with Morph, 17 females with morph. 25 male dragons with Python, 17 female dragons with morph (6 of the female dragons have both morph and python, and 10 of the male dragons have both genes). (some of these are also on the AH, so it is fewer genes than it at first seems)

All in all, there are more genes being given out than I thought, and don't forget this doesn't include the ones that are being sold through the Forums, or being traded in the forums, or being held on to, or being traded off site.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I'm really excited for the new skins!
I'm really excited for the new skins!
Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. ~Optimus Prime
I LOVE THIS
I LOVE THIS
Is this a mistake? Python/Morph Orca on Female Pearlcatchers has very little contrast. It looks more like a shade of black than like Orca. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=23&breed=4&element=9&gender=1&tert=150&tertgene=0&winggene=23&wings=131&auth=bd8c2dbd51ba99aac7e6edf17d44c6e32ba1eeb4&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Here's the same gene/colour combination on the male: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=23&breed=4&element=9&gender=0&tert=150&tertgene=0&winggene=23&wings=131&auth=b07e38380250e3f5c25367e943a3589919053619&dummyext=prev.png[/img] And on some other species: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=23&breed=9&element=9&gender=0&tert=150&tertgene=0&winggene=23&wings=131&auth=b61f568f29849cfce88cea8bd8aa387b87fdb86e&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=23&breed=3&element=9&gender=1&tert=150&tertgene=0&winggene=23&wings=131&auth=f3c0a2dcde8c9cc6df375367d6e8197243c9f0eb&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=23&breed=6&element=9&gender=1&tert=150&tertgene=0&winggene=23&wings=131&auth=e6003877fa83fcc27737fa9a6223aa8daae37255&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
Is this a mistake? Python/Morph Orca on Female Pearlcatchers has very little contrast. It looks more like a shade of black than like Orca.

dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=23&breed=4&element=9&gender=1&tert=150&tertgene=0&winggene=23&wings=131&auth=bd8c2dbd51ba99aac7e6edf17d44c6e32ba1eeb4&dummyext=prev.png

Here's the same gene/colour combination on the male:

dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=23&breed=4&element=9&gender=0&tert=150&tertgene=0&winggene=23&wings=131&auth=b07e38380250e3f5c25367e943a3589919053619&dummyext=prev.png

And on some other species:

dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=23&breed=9&element=9&gender=0&tert=150&tertgene=0&winggene=23&wings=131&auth=b61f568f29849cfce88cea8bd8aa387b87fdb86e&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=23&breed=3&element=9&gender=1&tert=150&tertgene=0&winggene=23&wings=131&auth=f3c0a2dcde8c9cc6df375367d6e8197243c9f0eb&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=23&breed=6&element=9&gender=1&tert=150&tertgene=0&winggene=23&wings=131&auth=e6003877fa83fcc27737fa9a6223aa8daae37255&dummyext=prev.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2018-05-05 16:43:16" ] Edit: I went and looked and there were 15 morph genes on the AH, 8 python genes, 11 dragons for sale with morph, 10 dragons with python for sale (however, 7 of those are probably the same dragons, because there are 7 with both genes) Dragon Search reveals 18 male dragons with Morph, 17 females with morph. 25 male dragons with Python, 17 female dragons with morph (6 of the female dragons have both morph and python, and 10 of the male dragons have both genes). (some of these are also on the AH, so it is fewer genes than it at first seems) All in all, there are more genes being given out than I thought, and don't forget this doesn't include the ones that are being sold through the Forums, or being traded in the forums, or being held on to, or being traded off site. [/quote] Yeah that's only a little higher the exact numbers I got 30-45 minutes ago - at which point it was python male/female 14/16, morph male/female 17/16, AH python 4, AH morph 10 - and I rounded that total of [s]87[/s] (whoops, math fail, should have been 77) up to 100 both because it's an easier number and to allow a fudge factor for copies of genes currently in hoards (and never even subtracted hatchlings-with-gened-parents so there's even more fudge factor right there). And no, I never thought that this would be a gene that everyone would get on the first day; among other factors, many people would only be grinding sporadically or for limited time periods, instead of for the hours on end that I was able to do since I had nothing better to do today (except sleep, which I still need to go do, but tired brain & body got a second wind, argh). Basically I went and did a dragon search so I could do some progeny scrying and get an idea of what the rarity level of the coliseum genes would be as that'll affect what dragon pair(s) of mine I want the genes for (very pleased to see it apparently falls somewhere in the treasure gene ranges, since it beat brewed genes pretty consistently), and was shocked at how few search results I was seeing after the genes having already been out 12+ hours already. At which point I decided to do some math to try and get at least a ballpark drop rate, which is what the previous post summarized. Even if we cut the total number of battles in half to even more conservatively allow for less-than-2-in-3 people grinding and fewer battles per minute, it works out to only a 0.0016% drop rate, which is still vanishingly small.
Jemadar wrote on 2018-05-05 16:43:16:
Edit: I went and looked and there were 15 morph genes on the AH, 8 python genes, 11 dragons for sale with morph, 10 dragons with python for sale (however, 7 of those are probably the same dragons, because there are 7 with both genes)

Dragon Search reveals 18 male dragons with Morph, 17 females with morph. 25 male dragons with Python, 17 female dragons with morph (6 of the female dragons have both morph and python, and 10 of the male dragons have both genes). (some of these are also on the AH, so it is fewer genes than it at first seems)

All in all, there are more genes being given out than I thought, and don't forget this doesn't include the ones that are being sold through the Forums, or being traded in the forums, or being held on to, or being traded off site.

Yeah that's only a little higher the exact numbers I got 30-45 minutes ago - at which point it was python male/female 14/16, morph male/female 17/16, AH python 4, AH morph 10 - and I rounded that total of 87 (whoops, math fail, should have been 77) up to 100 both because it's an easier number and to allow a fudge factor for copies of genes currently in hoards (and never even subtracted hatchlings-with-gened-parents so there's even more fudge factor right there).

And no, I never thought that this would be a gene that everyone would get on the first day; among other factors, many people would only be grinding sporadically or for limited time periods, instead of for the hours on end that I was able to do since I had nothing better to do today (except sleep, which I still need to go do, but tired brain & body got a second wind, argh).

Basically I went and did a dragon search so I could do some progeny scrying and get an idea of what the rarity level of the coliseum genes would be as that'll affect what dragon pair(s) of mine I want the genes for (very pleased to see it apparently falls somewhere in the treasure gene ranges, since it beat brewed genes pretty consistently), and was shocked at how few search results I was seeing after the genes having already been out 12+ hours already. At which point I decided to do some math to try and get at least a ballpark drop rate, which is what the previous post summarized.

Even if we cut the total number of battles in half to even more conservatively allow for less-than-2-in-3 people grinding and fewer battles per minute, it works out to only a 0.0016% drop rate, which is still vanishingly small.
tumblr_p0t667bKDV1tddvg0o4_r1_100.png tumblr_p0t667bKDV1tddvg0o2_r2_400.png tumblr_p0t667bKDV1tddvg0o3_r1_100.png
oh babey yes
oh babey yes
[center][b]thank you these genes for my life [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=109&bodygene=23&breed=2&element=8&gender=1&tert=85&tertgene=8&winggene=23&wings=109&auth=3a013b635f87b400329128a05e56b30f8043ac8e&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I'm so in love oh my gosh[/b][/center]
thank you these genes for my life

dragon?age=1&body=109&bodygene=23&breed=2&element=8&gender=1&tert=85&tertgene=8&winggene=23&wings=109&auth=3a013b635f87b400329128a05e56b30f8043ac8e&dummyext=prev.png

I'm so in love oh my gosh
FObX7rS.png
BzjAkuF.png
5hF3FGk.png
yUgY90m.png
Hey, I'm Charlie!
she/they
nonbinary & queer
Ooooooh, these are cool!
Ooooooh, these are cool!
click my babies
3eXZj.gif
[quote name="Lya" date="2018-05-05 16:35:31" ] [quote name="MsBarrows" date="2018-05-05 16:27:36" ]Snip [/quote] From what I've seen people do (at least those who talk about what they do) I definitely wouldn't say two of three people coli. Probably more like one to two in four - plus I don't think that's true all the time. There are also a lot of players (myself included) who are being counted as online because they [i]are[/i] but actually aren't doing anything because the browser tab is just hiding away below a pile of 30 other, currently more important tabs. So, I'm not going to say the drop chance is even close to moderate, but at least it's not nearly as low as elim's? [/quote] It's definitely higher than Elim, cause there's definitely nowhere close to 100 of those dropping every day...
Lya wrote on 2018-05-05 16:35:31:
Snip

It's definitely higher than Elim, cause there's definitely nowhere close to 100 of those dropping every day...
wq9PoXA.png
1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 63 64