Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Personal Quest] Gotta Catch 'Em All!
[center][size=6][b].:Familiar Collecting Quest:.[/b][/size][/center] So! I've been at this familiar collecting lark for a while - probably two or three years, now. I'm down to my last [s]85[/s] 74 (excluding 5 familiars I've realised it will be likely impossible for me to get: Bone Fiend, Golden Idol, Cog Frog, Skycat, and Boolean), and figured that's a low enough number to make a quest post with pretty pictures and all that. I'm unsure whether anyone else will be interest (I'm sure there's a hundred threads like this!) but I figured it'd be a good motivation for me to keep going with my quest. [s]Also, who knows? Maybe there's someone out there with an entire collection of sprites, just waiting to hand them off to someone for free.[/s] :p Really, though, this is just for me to keep track of things, maybe to find some other people doing a similar thing, or to inspire someone else to start familiar collecting. It really is such a fun quest to have! I try not to think too hard about how much treasure / how many gems I've spent so far (my account stats say I've earned around 12mil treasure in my entire time here, so I'd guess maybe 9mil of that's gone on familiars). However, I did work out the faintly horrifying stats on how much I need based on current AH prices, so here you go. I'll try and keep this updated every Sunday, but we'll see... ----- [size=4][b]Approximate currency needed:[/b] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img]55,1860,000 [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_gems.png[/img][/size] 471,450 [size=4][b]Current savings:[/b] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img]4,945 [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_gems.png[/img][/size] 184 ----- [quote=Treasure Marketplace][item=Golden Featherfin] [item=Silver Featherfin] [item=Golden Kitsune] [item=Silver Kitsune][/quote] - [quote=Gems Marketplace][item=Hati] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/592.png[/img] [item=Dwarf Unicorn] [item=Black Dwarf Unicorn] [item=Fluted Pukasloth] [item=Spotted Pukasloth] [item=Longhorn Capricat] [item=Prancing Capricat] [item=Candycane Xolo] [item=Shimmering Xolo] [item=Ruffle Glasswing][/quote] I won't be using gems for anything from the gem marketplace, because they're reasonably affordable in treasure (~250kt, most of them), and I'm saving my gems for the infamously expensive Light Sprite. - [quote=Coliseum Regulars]Done![/quote] - [quote=Coliseum Bosses][item=Flowering Pohip] [item=Mossy Pohip] [item=Ghostly Rat Lord] [item=Rat King] [item=Goldenbeast] [item=Overcharged Silverbeast] [item=Mantarune] [item=Wave Sweeper] [item=Frost Delver] [item=Stone Borer] [item=Disoriented Spirit] [item=Malevolent Spirit] [item=Hawksbill Goliath] [item=Crystalhide Jester] [item=Roc] [item=Crowned Roc] [item=Deeprealm Hunter] [item=Spiney Whale] [item=Wartoad] [item=Molten Wartoad] [item=Tunnel Hydra] [item=Coarsefur Yeti][/quote] Not sure if I'm going to try and grind for the Coliseum familiars, or just buy them. I probably will just end up buying them, if only because I've been coli grinding the Mire and Kelp Beds for literally a year for fodder exalting purposes, and I've never once got a boss familiar from either of them. Not sure I have the patience to deal with that low of a drop rate! - [quote=Gathering][item=Charoite Burrower] [item=Enstatite Burrower] [item=Hippojay] [/quote] - [quote=Baldwin][item=Conjoined Skink] [item=Anomalous Skink] [item=Flutterbun] [item=Quartz Cockatrice][/quote] - [quote=Swipp][item=Spined Cobra] [item=Maned Cobra] [item=Patina Pangolin] [item=Inscribed Pangolin] [item=Ashen Bicorn Whale] [item=Cinderkelp Loach] [item=Rosy Peryton] [item=Driftwood Baron] [item=Black-wing Hummingbird] [item=Barking Jester][/quote] - [quote=Nymphs]Done![/quote] - [quote=Recent Festival Familiars]Done![/quote] - [quote=Sprites][item=Light Sprite] [item=Lightning Sprite] [item=Fire Sprite] [item=Arcane Sprite] [item=Earth Sprite] [item=Ice Sprite] [item=Shadow Sprite] [item=Wind Sprite][/quote] These account for around [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img]24mil and [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_gems.png[/img]45k of the total currency needed. I suspect I'll be doing them last... - [quote=Retired / Cycled Out][item=Mock Firebird][item=Dunhoof Ambassador][item=Downy Fox Rat][item=Fawn Fox Rat][item=Speedy][item=Red-Footed Akirbeak][/quote] - [quote=Others][item=Phoenix][/quote] - As for these ones: maybe one day I'll be lucky / wealthy enough to find some of these, but for now they're rather out of reach... [quote=Impossible][item=Bone Fiend] [item=Golden Idol] [item=Cog Frog] [item=Boolean][/quote]
.:Familiar Collecting Quest:.
So! I've been at this familiar collecting lark for a while - probably two or three years, now. I'm down to my last 85 74 (excluding 5 familiars I've realised it will be likely impossible for me to get: Bone Fiend, Golden Idol, Cog Frog, Skycat, and Boolean), and figured that's a low enough number to make a quest post with pretty pictures and all that.

I'm unsure whether anyone else will be interest (I'm sure there's a hundred threads like this!) but I figured it'd be a good motivation for me to keep going with my quest. Also, who knows? Maybe there's someone out there with an entire collection of sprites, just waiting to hand them off to someone for free. :p Really, though, this is just for me to keep track of things, maybe to find some other people doing a similar thing, or to inspire someone else to start familiar collecting. It really is such a fun quest to have!

I try not to think too hard about how much treasure / how many gems I've spent so far (my account stats say I've earned around 12mil treasure in my entire time here, so I'd guess maybe 9mil of that's gone on familiars). However, I did work out the faintly horrifying stats on how much I need based on current AH prices, so here you go. I'll try and keep this updated every Sunday, but we'll see...

Approximate currency needed:
icon_treasure.png55,1860,000
icon_gems.png

Current savings:
icon_treasure.png4,945
icon_gems.png

Treasure Marketplace wrote:
Golden Featherfin Silver Featherfin Golden Kitsune Silver Kitsune
-
Gems Marketplace wrote:
Hati 592.png Dwarf Unicorn Black Dwarf Unicorn Fluted Pukasloth Spotted Pukasloth Longhorn Capricat Prancing Capricat Candycane Xolo Shimmering Xolo Ruffle Glasswing
I won't be using gems for anything from the gem marketplace, because they're reasonably affordable in treasure (~250kt, most of them), and I'm saving my gems for the infamously expensive Light Sprite.
-
Coliseum Regulars wrote:
Done!
-
Coliseum Bosses wrote:
Flowering Pohip Mossy Pohip Ghostly Rat Lord Rat King Goldenbeast Overcharged Silverbeast Mantarune Wave Sweeper Frost Delver Stone Borer Disoriented Spirit Malevolent Spirit Hawksbill Goliath Crystalhide Jester Roc Crowned Roc Deeprealm Hunter Spiney Whale Wartoad Molten Wartoad Tunnel Hydra Coarsefur Yeti
Not sure if I'm going to try and grind for the Coliseum familiars, or just buy them. I probably will just end up buying them, if only because I've been coli grinding the Mire and Kelp Beds for literally a year for fodder exalting purposes, and I've never once got a boss familiar from either of them. Not sure I have the patience to deal with that low of a drop rate!
-
Gathering wrote:
Charoite Burrower Enstatite Burrower Hippojay
-
Baldwin wrote:
Conjoined Skink Anomalous Skink Flutterbun Quartz Cockatrice
-
Swipp wrote:
Spined Cobra Maned Cobra Patina Pangolin Inscribed Pangolin Ashen Bicorn Whale Cinderkelp Loach Rosy Peryton Driftwood Baron Black-wing Hummingbird Barking Jester
-
Nymphs wrote:
Done!
-
Recent Festival Familiars wrote:
Done!
-
Sprites wrote:
Light Sprite Lightning Sprite Fire Sprite Arcane Sprite Earth Sprite Ice Sprite Shadow Sprite Wind Sprite
These account for around icon_treasure.png24mil and icon_gems.png45k of the total currency needed. I suspect I'll be doing them last...
-
Retired / Cycled Out wrote:
Mock Firebird Dunhoof Ambassador Downy Fox Rat Fawn Fox Rat Speedy Red-Footed Akirbeak
-
Others wrote:
Phoenix
-
As for these ones: maybe one day I'll be lucky / wealthy enough to find some of these, but for now they're rather out of reach...
Impossible wrote:
Bone Fiend Golden Idol Cog Frog Boolean
Eleven familiars bought this week: [item=Longneck Scrapper] [item=Bubble Brook Gecko] [item=Cloud Nymph] [item=Skycrest Bicorn] [item=Manticore] [item=Triple-Sight Firebug] [item=Firebug] [item=Dappled Dunhoof] [item=Spirit of the Arcane] [item=Autumn Millifae] [item=Radiant Flutterbun] Also, the super kind and lovely @renardroi donated a Spirit of Plague to me, so that's another one off the list: [item=Spirit of Plague] And of course, Wavecrest Saturnalia's here, so I got the new Water familiar (which is super cute!!!): [item=Spirit of Water] [size=4][b]So in total, 13 familiars acquired for:[/b] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img]681,000 [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_gems.png[/img][/size]0 (...oh jeez I genuinely didn't know I was capable of making that much in a week?!)
Eleven familiars bought this week:
Longneck Scrapper Bubble Brook Gecko Cloud Nymph Skycrest Bicorn Manticore Triple-Sight Firebug Firebug Dappled Dunhoof Spirit of the Arcane Autumn Millifae Radiant Flutterbun

Also, the super kind and lovely @renardroi donated a Spirit of Plague to me, so that's another one off the list:
Spirit of Plague

And of course, Wavecrest Saturnalia's here, so I got the new Water familiar (which is super cute!!!):
Spirit of Water

So in total, 13 familiars acquired for:
icon_treasure.png681,000
icon_gems.png

(...oh jeez I genuinely didn't know I was capable of making that much in a week?!)
@sparxflame

i've got a little bit of spare cash (abt 100g) if you need help with anything. ;)
@sparxflame

i've got a little bit of spare cash (abt 100g) if you need help with anything. ;)
lauma_by_yemoja_353440_fr_forum_by_renardroi-dcehwnc.png
eli
they/them

tumblr_inline_ojq6kvNuEX1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kyaRlG1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kzsCn91r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_oqxzzokthn1r2ao8y_540.png