Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | The Great GASP Reselling Poll!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I'd forgotten that. XD An excellent point, thank you! :3
I'd forgotten that. XD An excellent point, thank you! :3
vadersaberith1.gif
@Addmon Thanks for the feedback!

About the lack of prices; you may want to consider adding 'auctions/offers' to your do not pings (offers are a type of silent auction.)
@Addmon Thanks for the feedback!

About the lack of prices; you may want to consider adding 'auctions/offers' to your do not pings (offers are a type of silent auction.)
0SzlbCW.pngmYcpvjm.png
@Tiriea popping into your current convo to say I'm not on the auction/offers pinglist and I still get pinged to resell 'offer'-type threads all the time. I don't think resellers are understanding that they're doing more than reselling accents when they run a thread that way. :/
@Tiriea popping into your current convo to say I'm not on the auction/offers pinglist and I still get pinged to resell 'offer'-type threads all the time. I don't think resellers are understanding that they're doing more than reselling accents when they run a thread that way. :/
VXZZmOI.png
@AyumiNemera It happened *a lot* a little while back but since we changed the keyword seems to have gone down significantly. (As in, it happens once in a blue moon, but not more than once every couple of weeks.) I try to keep an eye on all pings and leave a message if something like that happens; other than changing the keyword as we've already done though, there isn't much more we can do.

That being said, do you have auctions/offers on your Do Not Ping list? Otherwise you'll be filtered into those pinglists if your other keywords match.
@AyumiNemera It happened *a lot* a little while back but since we changed the keyword seems to have gone down significantly. (As in, it happens once in a blue moon, but not more than once every couple of weeks.) I try to keep an eye on all pings and leave a message if something like that happens; other than changing the keyword as we've already done though, there isn't much more we can do.

That being said, do you have auctions/offers on your Do Not Ping list? Otherwise you'll be filtered into those pinglists if your other keywords match.
0SzlbCW.pngmYcpvjm.png
I’ve been wanting to resell a few accents, but I don’t really wanna ping GASP half the time because I’m worried about being annoying. I always felt weird since I kinda imagined that GASP was more for accent artists than resellers, so I’ve never wanted to ping everyone for my resells. That’s not to say I personally wouldn’t want to get people’s attention to the fact that I’m selling accents (I would love to have loads of people to ping to get me more exposure, obviously), but considering the amount of pings you all do get, I feel like I’d be more of a bother. And when pings become a bother, people may just ignore the threads.

My other problem is that I don’t know the value of what I have to sell, and I want to say “make offers” or something to help me determine accent value, but I don’t want to be a bother. It’s kinda like my G1 dragons. If I ping everyone, but don’t have a set price, it’s gonna be unlikely that I’ll sell anything and I will have just annoyed 50+ people with a ping. I’m not sure if that’s what @AyumiNemera was meaning by “offers.” O_o but yeh just trying to not be annoying to you all.

As it stands, I don’t mind resell pings myself. Half the time, for the breeds I’m looking for, it’s rare enough to see them on the AH that I don’t get that many! :o
I’ve been wanting to resell a few accents, but I don’t really wanna ping GASP half the time because I’m worried about being annoying. I always felt weird since I kinda imagined that GASP was more for accent artists than resellers, so I’ve never wanted to ping everyone for my resells. That’s not to say I personally wouldn’t want to get people’s attention to the fact that I’m selling accents (I would love to have loads of people to ping to get me more exposure, obviously), but considering the amount of pings you all do get, I feel like I’d be more of a bother. And when pings become a bother, people may just ignore the threads.

My other problem is that I don’t know the value of what I have to sell, and I want to say “make offers” or something to help me determine accent value, but I don’t want to be a bother. It’s kinda like my G1 dragons. If I ping everyone, but don’t have a set price, it’s gonna be unlikely that I’ll sell anything and I will have just annoyed 50+ people with a ping. I’m not sure if that’s what @AyumiNemera was meaning by “offers.” O_o but yeh just trying to not be annoying to you all.

As it stands, I don’t mind resell pings myself. Half the time, for the breeds I’m looking for, it’s rare enough to see them on the AH that I don’t get that many! :o
Galaxy-Skull.png ~~ ZNNyeOb.pngyeet
She/Her/Hers || Plagueling/Arcanite
FR+3 || I'm forgetful, PM me if I left something unfinished!

004-002.png1538e856e41a13dba7976f5bd7ceb13ea32a79e2.gif cd29c9512a3694d23a652f31a199ebb9.png 1074515.png
@Tiriea Yes! Sorry I wasn't more clear. And I haven't had to use GASP myself in a while, so if a keyword was changed I probably didn't know about it OTL

My point of reference may be because of the pings I got prior to that change! I've noticed a drop in the number of resell pings I get, but it's still pretty frequent. I got a ping to this thread only 3 days ago.

The person only used the resell keyword. >:/ maybe a rule stating that prices should be listed upfront for resells *unless* they're an offer thread? That might solve it? But again, i haven't had a look at the GASP recently and could just be throwing out ideas you've already implemented. Sorry!
@Tiriea Yes! Sorry I wasn't more clear. And I haven't had to use GASP myself in a while, so if a keyword was changed I probably didn't know about it OTL

My point of reference may be because of the pings I got prior to that change! I've noticed a drop in the number of resell pings I get, but it's still pretty frequent. I got a ping to this thread only 3 days ago.

The person only used the resell keyword. >:/ maybe a rule stating that prices should be listed upfront for resells *unless* they're an offer thread? That might solve it? But again, i haven't had a look at the GASP recently and could just be throwing out ideas you've already implemented. Sorry!
VXZZmOI.png
@Tiriea Answered it.
I hope it will improve the way it is now :)
@Tiriea Answered it.
I hope it will improve the way it is now :)
QmA8loc.gif HMjulZ.jpg NywvZd5.gif
@Tiriea This is going to be an unpopular opinion, as I'm going to be a bit skeptical. I've seen that 9 out of 10 times people who ping for resell go "Oops won't happen again" after getting a warning from you even though they always see other people messing up on past resells - now what does that say about this whole 'by mistake' thing? That they possibly intentionally do it so a wider range of people get pinged for. I mean I get it, someone who's not on the resell list might end up buying the accent - that is the mentality that *might* be going on in the resellers mind. Now that does not mean I'm saying everyone messes up intentionally, some genuinely make mishaps so that's understandable but that does not mean all do just food for thought here.

Now I think to prevent this, the best course of action would be to make it so that once you ping resell once, you can't under any circumstances ping before 6 months has passed - this will make people think to use their resell more carefully rather than pinging every other week. If you've seen those mass liquidating posts like niharike did once - something like that prevents this repeated pinging for resell, just imagine if niharika broke their accents down into 10 sections and pinged for each section containing 10+ accent every 1 day, 10 pings from same person 10 days...hoo bouy wouldn't that be fun.

Also last opinion, I think its better to remove 'minimum' price as then if a reseller wanted to be fair to an artist and sell an accent for say 500g or 600g or even 1000g they can't and will sell it at 1.5kg which unnecessarily increases price of skins.

But at the end of the day, these are just my opinion but taking a poll is just like the popular vote - in this case consider something like the electoral college.
@Tiriea This is going to be an unpopular opinion, as I'm going to be a bit skeptical. I've seen that 9 out of 10 times people who ping for resell go "Oops won't happen again" after getting a warning from you even though they always see other people messing up on past resells - now what does that say about this whole 'by mistake' thing? That they possibly intentionally do it so a wider range of people get pinged for. I mean I get it, someone who's not on the resell list might end up buying the accent - that is the mentality that *might* be going on in the resellers mind. Now that does not mean I'm saying everyone messes up intentionally, some genuinely make mishaps so that's understandable but that does not mean all do just food for thought here.

Now I think to prevent this, the best course of action would be to make it so that once you ping resell once, you can't under any circumstances ping before 6 months has passed - this will make people think to use their resell more carefully rather than pinging every other week. If you've seen those mass liquidating posts like niharike did once - something like that prevents this repeated pinging for resell, just imagine if niharika broke their accents down into 10 sections and pinged for each section containing 10+ accent every 1 day, 10 pings from same person 10 days...hoo bouy wouldn't that be fun.

Also last opinion, I think its better to remove 'minimum' price as then if a reseller wanted to be fair to an artist and sell an accent for say 500g or 600g or even 1000g they can't and will sell it at 1.5kg which unnecessarily increases price of skins.

But at the end of the day, these are just my opinion but taking a poll is just like the popular vote - in this case consider something like the electoral college.
          g3UohQV.png - Hatchery

- Lore Shop

- Outfit Shop

- Accents
@Xarina reselling using GASP is fine as long as the rules are followed! If you struggle to price skins/accents you're reselling, then choose the auction/offer keyword! I'm simply mulling over solutions to the number of resellers who don't use that keyword when they choose not to price their accents.

No one on GASP will be annoyed with you as long as you aren't breaking any rules when you make your sales post. :>
@Xarina reselling using GASP is fine as long as the rules are followed! If you struggle to price skins/accents you're reselling, then choose the auction/offer keyword! I'm simply mulling over solutions to the number of resellers who don't use that keyword when they choose not to price their accents.

No one on GASP will be annoyed with you as long as you aren't breaking any rules when you make your sales post. :>
VXZZmOI.png
@Xarina Hopefully with a greater consensus of when it's okay to ping or not you'll feel more comfortable pinging for your own hoard ^^

And yes, Make An Offer threads are statistically, from what I've seen, less likely to get a response. Generally the best way to see how much an accent is worth is to look at any recent sales in the forums/on the AH. It's a little difficult sometimes but usually there's *some* kind of indicator somewhere. Number of copies, theme, artist etc. is also often a good indicator.
@Xarina Hopefully with a greater consensus of when it's okay to ping or not you'll feel more comfortable pinging for your own hoard ^^

And yes, Make An Offer threads are statistically, from what I've seen, less likely to get a response. Generally the best way to see how much an accent is worth is to look at any recent sales in the forums/on the AH. It's a little difficult sometimes but usually there's *some* kind of indicator somewhere. Number of copies, theme, artist etc. is also often a good indicator.
0SzlbCW.pngmYcpvjm.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7