Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Parent's visit (Private)
1 2 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95
"That would be the dream, but that giant monster is part of our family now. So if you want us, you’re getting the whole Distorted package." Ash smiles. As the group walk, they pass the hotel (or whatever the Stone Lantern clan has that houses dragons temporarily) that the Thorn family is staying at. Kokoro stops in front of it.

"A giant monster is part of our family now...." She nearly whispers to herself. "And you said you don't like to drag things out, Amber. I still can't believe Thorn just adopted that thing. No hesitation, the thing that had been killing him for years. Could he just hold onto a grudge for a little while? At least ten minutes for his mother's sake?" Ash comes up beside his mate and pulls her close.

"You know Thorn has never been like that. Always forgive and forget with him. It's probably the only reason he's still around." Ash says.

The two turns when they here crashing from the building in front of them. Distortion runs out of the building with a Guardian yelling stay out! behind them. Distortion flicks their tail in annoyance and turns to see the family.

"Family!" They grin as they lean down to the group. "Good to see you dragons before we leave." Both Ash and Kokoro look to each other in confusion.

"Uhh Distorted? Why was that dragon mad at you?" Ash asks. Distortion sighs.

"I'm not getting the hang of sleeping. I can't seem to close my eyes long enough for my body to shut down. Because of that, I decided to walk around a bit. I remembered the restaurant in that place and thought I get some food. Apparently, when you force your way into a place when its "closed" it's called breaking and entering. The dragon inside didn't like me very much." Distorted answers sadly. Kokoro tries to give a reassuring pat to Distorted's snout, as Ash tries his best to hold back laughter.

"We literally have a hatchling with the body of one of the strongest species out there. What did Thorn get us into?" Ash chuckles.
"That would be the dream, but that giant monster is part of our family now. So if you want us, you’re getting the whole Distorted package." Ash smiles. As the group walk, they pass the hotel (or whatever the Stone Lantern clan has that houses dragons temporarily) that the Thorn family is staying at. Kokoro stops in front of it.

"A giant monster is part of our family now...." She nearly whispers to herself. "And you said you don't like to drag things out, Amber. I still can't believe Thorn just adopted that thing. No hesitation, the thing that had been killing him for years. Could he just hold onto a grudge for a little while? At least ten minutes for his mother's sake?" Ash comes up beside his mate and pulls her close.

"You know Thorn has never been like that. Always forgive and forget with him. It's probably the only reason he's still around." Ash says.

The two turns when they here crashing from the building in front of them. Distortion runs out of the building with a Guardian yelling stay out! behind them. Distortion flicks their tail in annoyance and turns to see the family.

"Family!" They grin as they lean down to the group. "Good to see you dragons before we leave." Both Ash and Kokoro look to each other in confusion.

"Uhh Distorted? Why was that dragon mad at you?" Ash asks. Distortion sighs.

"I'm not getting the hang of sleeping. I can't seem to close my eyes long enough for my body to shut down. Because of that, I decided to walk around a bit. I remembered the restaurant in that place and thought I get some food. Apparently, when you force your way into a place when its "closed" it's called breaking and entering. The dragon inside didn't like me very much." Distorted answers sadly. Kokoro tries to give a reassuring pat to Distorted's snout, as Ash tries his best to hold back laughter.

"We literally have a hatchling with the body of one of the strongest species out there. What did Thorn get us into?" Ash chuckles.
Amber laughs a little and puts her hand on Distortions shoulder.
"It's ok. You can eat all the food you want in the morning, for now just don't go anywhere that says 'closed' " Amber said and looked at Ash.

"I think if Thorn held grudges he wouldn't want me in the family" Amber snickered slightly as she took something of Thorns out of her bag.
"old habit" She mumbled and gave it to Ash.
Amber laughs a little and puts her hand on Distortions shoulder.
"It's ok. You can eat all the food you want in the morning, for now just don't go anywhere that says 'closed' " Amber said and looked at Ash.

"I think if Thorn held grudges he wouldn't want me in the family" Amber snickered slightly as she took something of Thorns out of her bag.
"old habit" She mumbled and gave it to Ash.
Ash looks at the trinket.

"Oh, well you better give it back to him tomorrow. I think he'll feel better about it if you give it to him personally." Ash says as he hands back the item to Amber. Before Amber can put it away Distortion stops her so they can get a better look at it.

"I recognize that. It's the tail piece to his Solar Flame set." Distortion uses their tail to pick up the item. "Never quite got why he'd wear something so uncomfortable."

"While also being a fighter in our clan Thorn was also a Distortionist, er..." Kokoro starts to explain, but stutters as Distortion looks down at her. "or was..." She looks to Amber. "They were kind of like weather dragons, only they predicted what would be distorted that day. That clothing set was the traditional clothes for that role." She shakes her head. "I guess we now know why he was more accurate than any other dragon. Suppose he won't have that job anymore."

"On the contrary, you guys will need a dragon like that more than ever now. The part you separated from me is the thing that causes the weirdness. It's going to be even more unpredictable now that it's a separate, uh, thing." Distortion stammers.

Distortion hands back the tailpiece to Amber.

"If I remember right Thorn was training his children along with Crown in being a Distortionist. Before he was exiled of course." Distortion looks around. "Where is he by the way?"
Ash looks at the trinket.

"Oh, well you better give it back to him tomorrow. I think he'll feel better about it if you give it to him personally." Ash says as he hands back the item to Amber. Before Amber can put it away Distortion stops her so they can get a better look at it.

"I recognize that. It's the tail piece to his Solar Flame set." Distortion uses their tail to pick up the item. "Never quite got why he'd wear something so uncomfortable."

"While also being a fighter in our clan Thorn was also a Distortionist, er..." Kokoro starts to explain, but stutters as Distortion looks down at her. "or was..." She looks to Amber. "They were kind of like weather dragons, only they predicted what would be distorted that day. That clothing set was the traditional clothes for that role." She shakes her head. "I guess we now know why he was more accurate than any other dragon. Suppose he won't have that job anymore."

"On the contrary, you guys will need a dragon like that more than ever now. The part you separated from me is the thing that causes the weirdness. It's going to be even more unpredictable now that it's a separate, uh, thing." Distortion stammers.

Distortion hands back the tailpiece to Amber.

"If I remember right Thorn was training his children along with Crown in being a Distortionist. Before he was exiled of course." Distortion looks around. "Where is he by the way?"
Amber puts it in her bag and then looks around, not moving anything but her neck.
"hmm...Not sure" She looks at Ash.

"Do you think he went back home?" She asked. Amber got to her feet.
"Wait a minute, Distor- whatever the job is, sounds like an odd job, does it pay much?" She asked, a little interested now
Amber puts it in her bag and then looks around, not moving anything but her neck.
"hmm...Not sure" She looks at Ash.

"Do you think he went back home?" She asked. Amber got to her feet.
"Wait a minute, Distor- whatever the job is, sounds like an odd job, does it pay much?" She asked, a little interested now
"I doubt Crown went back to Distorted since he is still exiled. The exile is only for a few more days though." Kokoro smiles.

"If he's not with you.... he might have gone to his little dimension?" Ash says. He then turns to Distortion who shrugs their shoulders.

"I don't know how much a Distortionist makes, you would have to ask Thorn. But I know I've never seen him need to save. He always just bought things when he or his family needed them, no matter how expensive they were." Ash says.

"And Thorn did just adopt me, without worrying about costs." Distortion says. "I imagen since the whole clan relies on the weirdness for their livelihoods, they'd pay somedragon that predicts the distortions handsomely."

"Maybe that's why Battlefield decided to become a treasure in another clan. She didn't want to see so much of the clan's treasures go to her little brother." Ash jokes.
"I doubt Crown went back to Distorted since he is still exiled. The exile is only for a few more days though." Kokoro smiles.

"If he's not with you.... he might have gone to his little dimension?" Ash says. He then turns to Distortion who shrugs their shoulders.

"I don't know how much a Distortionist makes, you would have to ask Thorn. But I know I've never seen him need to save. He always just bought things when he or his family needed them, no matter how expensive they were." Ash says.

"And Thorn did just adopt me, without worrying about costs." Distortion says. "I imagen since the whole clan relies on the weirdness for their livelihoods, they'd pay somedragon that predicts the distortions handsomely."

"Maybe that's why Battlefield decided to become a treasure in another clan. She didn't want to see so much of the clan's treasures go to her little brother." Ash jokes.
Amber chuckles.
"That sounds like her. Now I kind of wish that our territory was constantly changing and trying to kill us" She looks around.

"I bet Crowns in his dimension" She mumbled and then looked at Ash.
"So how much longer will you guys be staying here?"Amber asked remembering that they were just on a visit but it felt like they had moved in
Amber chuckles.
"That sounds like her. Now I kind of wish that our territory was constantly changing and trying to kill us" She looks around.

"I bet Crowns in his dimension" She mumbled and then looked at Ash.
"So how much longer will you guys be staying here?"Amber asked remembering that they were just on a visit but it felt like they had moved in
"Kokoro took a job here to help build a statue. We're going to be here for another few months at least." Ash says. Kokoro's eyes widen.

"How in Sornieth did I forget about that? You know how behind schedule we are now thanks to the attack?! I have to wake everyone up! We need to do some over time!" Kokoro yells. She is only stopped from making a louder ruckus by Ash, who reminds her dragons need sleep. Distortion looks over this fight with great interest.

"Is sleep really that important?" They ask.

"Kokoro took a job here to help build a statue. We're going to be here for another few months at least." Ash says. Kokoro's eyes widen.

"How in Sornieth did I forget about that? You know how behind schedule we are now thanks to the attack?! I have to wake everyone up! We need to do some over time!" Kokoro yells. She is only stopped from making a louder ruckus by Ash, who reminds her dragons need sleep. Distortion looks over this fight with great interest.

"Is sleep really that important?" They ask.

Amber looks at Distorted.
"Yes, most dragons need it to not go completely insane and to help them do things. Most dragons should sleep 10 hours but I get by on just 6" Amber explained and looked at Kokoro.
"Yeah, and I doubt they will want to work while still sleepy"
Amber looks at Distorted.
"Yes, most dragons need it to not go completely insane and to help them do things. Most dragons should sleep 10 hours but I get by on just 6" Amber explained and looked at Kokoro.
"Yeah, and I doubt they will want to work while still sleepy"
Kokoro continues to rant and only Ash pulling her back to Battlefield's home for sleep stops her from waking up her entire crew. While this is happening Distortion listen to Amber with great interest.

"Oh, perhaps I should try the sleep again. Great night to you then." They give you an honest smile, unaware just how badly the messed up their language. They bound back into the hotel. Before they go all the way in they yell to you.

"Make sure your mate sleep too! We don't want any other insane dragons. We have enough in this family!"
Kokoro continues to rant and only Ash pulling her back to Battlefield's home for sleep stops her from waking up her entire crew. While this is happening Distortion listen to Amber with great interest.

"Oh, perhaps I should try the sleep again. Great night to you then." They give you an honest smile, unaware just how badly the messed up their language. They bound back into the hotel. Before they go all the way in they yell to you.

"Make sure your mate sleep too! We don't want any other insane dragons. We have enough in this family!"
Amber chuckled
"Will do!" She yelled back and yawned, stretching her wings. She smacked her 'lips' and started walking to her house, opening her wings half way and starting to fly there.
She was barely awake tho.
Amber chuckled
"Will do!" She yelled back and yawned, stretching her wings. She smacked her 'lips' and started walking to her house, opening her wings half way and starting to fly there.
She was barely awake tho.
1 2 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95