Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | World of Tanks ads and Firefox
1 2 3
I am one of the numerous Firefox users who has recently been unable to get links to work some of the time. While I was slowly gathering today, I received an error message from one of the ads for World of Tanks stating that there was no width/height set for items, which will cause an infinite loop. (See link here: http://imgur.com/M6VBpip)

While going around the site after getting this error message, I was looking for the World of Tanks ad. I found out that if either of the two ads were for World of Tanks, then the links on the page would not work, while if neither of them were, links would work perfectly. This is consistent with someone else's report that removing Flight Rising from an Adblock Whitelist solved the problem, as then none of these ads would be displayed.
I am one of the numerous Firefox users who has recently been unable to get links to work some of the time. While I was slowly gathering today, I received an error message from one of the ads for World of Tanks stating that there was no width/height set for items, which will cause an infinite loop. (See link here: http://imgur.com/M6VBpip)

While going around the site after getting this error message, I was looking for the World of Tanks ad. I found out that if either of the two ads were for World of Tanks, then the links on the page would not work, while if neither of them were, links would work perfectly. This is consistent with someone else's report that removing Flight Rising from an Adblock Whitelist solved the problem, as then none of these ads would be displayed.
@Kieros
Hi there!
Problems related to this ad and its effects on firefox users have been forwarded to our staff and will hopefully be dealt with soon to help remove them from the site's ad choices. :) Thank you very much!
@Kieros
Hi there!
Problems related to this ad and its effects on firefox users have been forwarded to our staff and will hopefully be dealt with soon to help remove them from the site's ad choices. :) Thank you very much!
Volunteer Moderator

If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff of Flight Rising, not the volunteer moderator group.
Hello @Kieros, this should not be happening at all. You just experienced this today?
Hello @Kieros, this should not be happening at all. You just experienced this today?
@Aequorin
I only started getting the infinite loop error today; that's what started me checking the ads. I have experienced the links not working for the past few days.
@Aequorin
I only started getting the infinite loop error today; that's what started me checking the ads. I have experienced the links not working for the past few days.
@Kieros, the links/buttons issue is a known one with Firefox. The current work around is to use IE or Chrome, Chrome being the best option.

WorldofTanks, however, should not be showing up.
@Kieros, the links/buttons issue is a known one with Firefox. The current work around is to use IE or Chrome, Chrome being the best option.

WorldofTanks, however, should not be showing up.
@Aequorin
I've just been paying attention to these ads since I first received the Infinite Loop error (as I've gotten it a few times since); every time that the link issue has happened there was an ad for World of Tanks on the page (and every time it was fine, no ads from there).
@Aequorin
I've just been paying attention to these ads since I first received the Infinite Loop error (as I've gotten it a few times since); every time that the link issue has happened there was an ad for World of Tanks on the page (and every time it was fine, no ads from there).
Can confirm that World of Tanks ads are still showing for me and cause the same issue, also on Firefox. Will switch browsers, hope it's fixed soon!
Can confirm that World of Tanks ads are still showing for me and cause the same issue, also on Firefox. Will switch browsers, hope it's fixed soon!
ZNhRsiG.png
Banner by Khrysteen
I'm still constantly getting the World of Tanks ads, here. It's made trying to even incubate my eggs a royal pain. Going to try Chrome now.
I'm still constantly getting the World of Tanks ads, here. It's made trying to even incubate my eggs a royal pain. Going to try Chrome now.
This seems to be related: I was bonding with my familiars when suddenly I was forwarded to something called "wargame". As in I blinked and suddenly the url in the addressbar was wargame and I had to click "back" to continue bonding with my familiars.
This seems to be related: I was bonding with my familiars when suddenly I was forwarded to something called "wargame". As in I blinked and suddenly the url in the addressbar was wargame and I had to click "back" to continue bonding with my familiars.
Its been happening to me all morning too, I'm on firefox trying to collect from familiars.

I'd like to add its not letting me navigate anywhere around the site and I have to keep opening and closing tabs to move an inch, and sometimes I can't even get off the front page.
Its been happening to me all morning too, I'm on firefox trying to collect from familiars.

I'd like to add its not letting me navigate anywhere around the site and I have to keep opening and closing tabs to move an inch, and sometimes I can't even get off the front page.
1 2 3