Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Unnamed and Exaltation/Selling
1 2 3 4 5
Putting this at the top, because not everyone is reading it: [b]An important note that I want to make clear: This would not affect anything ALREADY exalted or in your lair. It would [u]not[/u] be a requirement, but an option. I don't want there to be mandatory naming for the people who don't want names.[/b] Alright, I've seen a [i]couple[/i] of threads like this, i know, but I have a slightly different solution than the usual "require players to name dragons before exalting" When you sign up, you are given the option to randomize your dragon's name. Why not use that and have a random name assigned to the unnamed exalt? When Exalted there could be some flavor text with it too, like "The Gladekeeper proudly bestowed the name of Yvonne" etc etc added when the dragon. This would keep people who don't want unnamed on their offspring lists happy, and remove the onus of the responsibility of naming from the players who buy to exalt. I would suggest if this was taken that the list of names be expanded and perhaps changed out from time to time so no set of like. 50 names start being like exalt names. Further proposal: [quote name="Sopheroo" date="2018-03-24 10:49:06" ] Instead of having to have to click a box to leave unnamed, what about you have to click a box to generate a random name before exalting? I mean, you have to click to generate a random name anyway, while you don't have to click anything to leave unnamed. To me, it's only fair. The persons who don't mind exalting unnamed can still do it and have it take the same time, while the people who do mind unnamed exalts will have a second opportunity to generate a name. [/quote] [quote][b]Alternate Solution: [/b] When selling unnamed at the auction house, the SELLER has the option to tick a box that will randomize name after sale. This should be indicated with a little icon (like gender or if the dragon is breedable or not) and should be something you can filter out if you don't want to buy a dragon with this feature. After sale is completed, the confirmation popup will happen as normal with an option to name the dragon then or let the randomizer name it.[/quote] Edit to add: I've been informed that some people, for lore reasons, want unnamed in their lists. Maybe have a tickbox people can check that says "leave unnamed"? Edit 2: To avoid people accidentally not checking a tickbox, a setting in account settings "default exalts to unnamed" could mitigate accidentally named exalts where lore players want unnamed. A popup to check those settings would come up on exalts after implementation with a tick for "don't show this message again" (like the one in the fairgrounds about flashing and seizures)
Putting this at the top, because not everyone is reading it: An important note that I want to make clear: This would not affect anything ALREADY exalted or in your lair. It would not be a requirement, but an option. I don't want there to be mandatory naming for the people who don't want names.

Alright, I've seen a couple of threads like this, i know, but I have a slightly different solution than the usual "require players to name dragons before exalting"

When you sign up, you are given the option to randomize your dragon's name. Why not use that and have a random name assigned to the unnamed exalt?

When Exalted there could be some flavor text with it too, like "The Gladekeeper proudly bestowed the name of Yvonne" etc etc added when the dragon.

This would keep people who don't want unnamed on their offspring lists happy, and remove the onus of the responsibility of naming from the players who buy to exalt.

I would suggest if this was taken that the list of names be expanded and perhaps changed out from time to time so no set of like. 50 names start being like exalt names.

Further proposal:
Sopheroo wrote on 2018-03-24 10:49:06:
Instead of having to have to click a box to leave unnamed, what about you have to click a box to generate a random name before exalting?

I mean, you have to click to generate a random name anyway, while you don't have to click anything to leave unnamed. To me, it's only fair.

The persons who don't mind exalting unnamed can still do it and have it take the same time, while the people who do mind unnamed exalts will have a second opportunity to generate a name.
Quote:
Alternate Solution:

When selling unnamed at the auction house, the SELLER has the option to tick a box that will randomize name after sale. This should be indicated with a little icon (like gender or if the dragon is breedable or not) and should be something you can filter out if you don't want to buy a dragon with this feature. After sale is completed, the confirmation popup will happen as normal with an option to name the dragon then or let the randomizer name it.

Edit to add: I've been informed that some people, for lore reasons, want unnamed in their lists. Maybe have a tickbox people can check that says "leave unnamed"?

Edit 2: To avoid people accidentally not checking a tickbox, a setting in account settings "default exalts to unnamed" could mitigate accidentally named exalts where lore players want unnamed. A popup to check those settings would come up on exalts after implementation with a tick for "don't show this message again" (like the one in the fairgrounds about flashing and seizures)

Orq Art
dwf.png
Unfortunately, there are some people who exalt unnamed for lore reasons, like parents of a kid they couldn't get as g1, hatchlings considered dead or never born ecc

not to mention, what about unnameds stuck in unactive lairs? they still leave unnamed in a dragon's offspring list

hate to be the one saying it this time, but the solution isn't "name dragons before exalting", but "name before you sell"
this suggestion has come up various times and has always been shut down
Unfortunately, there are some people who exalt unnamed for lore reasons, like parents of a kid they couldn't get as g1, hatchlings considered dead or never born ecc

not to mention, what about unnameds stuck in unactive lairs? they still leave unnamed in a dragon's offspring list

hate to be the one saying it this time, but the solution isn't "name dragons before exalting", but "name before you sell"
this suggestion has come up various times and has always been shut down
BLACK LIVES MATTER

thisaddefinitelydoesntminebitcoin.gif
What about those who actually want Unnamed exalted dragons for lore reasons, though?..

Also, the onus of the responsibility is still on people who sell the kids, not on those who buy them. The one who wants the offspring list to be in a certain way is the one who should maintain it.
What about those who actually want Unnamed exalted dragons for lore reasons, though?..

Also, the onus of the responsibility is still on people who sell the kids, not on those who buy them. The one who wants the offspring list to be in a certain way is the one who should maintain it.
@Midorikage
@Valemora

I didn't consider that some people might want their dragon to be unnamed for lore reasons, apologies. Edited first post:

"I've been informed that some people, for lore reasons, want unnamed in their lists. Maybe have a tickbox people can check that says "leave unnamed"?"
@Midorikage
@Valemora

I didn't consider that some people might want their dragon to be unnamed for lore reasons, apologies. Edited first post:

"I've been informed that some people, for lore reasons, want unnamed in their lists. Maybe have a tickbox people can check that says "leave unnamed"?"
Orq Art
dwf.png
The ONLY way I could support this if it were set to randomize upon listing the dragon for selling.

Otherwise, the 'once it is out of your lair, it is not your concern' comes into play. Maybe a player bought that dragon so their dragon could have unnamed parents. Perhaps they are in a heated dom battle and don't want to take the extra couple of seconds PER dragon (which adds up when exalting hundreds of dragons) to wait for a randomized name. (not to mention some people can have it take MUCH longer than a few seconds). Perhaps they dislike the random name generator on site *raises hand* and don't want to use it. (though I don't exalt). There are multiple reasons why a dragon might not get named.

This also doesn't solve the issue of dragons sold to players who then go inactive. I currently have about 10 (maybe a bit less, maybe a bit more) unnamed dragons (that I hatched) sitting in my lair because I am too lazy to name them. At one point I had several unnamed dragons I bought sitting in my lair for the same reason. They all eventually got names and the current unnamed dragons will as well. HOwever, if something were to happen, and I had to go inactive, or simply lost interest in the site, any unnamed dragon in my lair would STAY unnamed until I came back or the site ended.

Also, as others have said, the onus of keeping offspring lists looking like you want them to is yours (general you). No one else has a responsibility to take care of your offspring lists, as they have their own offspring lists to worry about.
The ONLY way I could support this if it were set to randomize upon listing the dragon for selling.

Otherwise, the 'once it is out of your lair, it is not your concern' comes into play. Maybe a player bought that dragon so their dragon could have unnamed parents. Perhaps they are in a heated dom battle and don't want to take the extra couple of seconds PER dragon (which adds up when exalting hundreds of dragons) to wait for a randomized name. (not to mention some people can have it take MUCH longer than a few seconds). Perhaps they dislike the random name generator on site *raises hand* and don't want to use it. (though I don't exalt). There are multiple reasons why a dragon might not get named.

This also doesn't solve the issue of dragons sold to players who then go inactive. I currently have about 10 (maybe a bit less, maybe a bit more) unnamed dragons (that I hatched) sitting in my lair because I am too lazy to name them. At one point I had several unnamed dragons I bought sitting in my lair for the same reason. They all eventually got names and the current unnamed dragons will as well. HOwever, if something were to happen, and I had to go inactive, or simply lost interest in the site, any unnamed dragon in my lair would STAY unnamed until I came back or the site ended.

Also, as others have said, the onus of keeping offspring lists looking like you want them to is yours (general you). No one else has a responsibility to take care of your offspring lists, as they have their own offspring lists to worry about.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
or u could just, idk, put in a few lines of code that randomly select a name. if u care That Much about lore like, go outside and get a life it's not that serious, buddy. it takes 3 seconds to put in a random number generator for a name attached to exalt that check for "Unnamed"
or u could just, idk, put in a few lines of code that randomly select a name. if u care That Much about lore like, go outside and get a life it's not that serious, buddy. it takes 3 seconds to put in a random number generator for a name attached to exalt that check for "Unnamed"
Just saw the last post (was typing my response before you posted), and that still doesn't really work. This still puts the onus of responsibility on people who should not have have to shoulder that responsibility. After all, what if someone wants their offspring to have three unnamed children, and forget to uncheck that box? Suddenly they have a named offspring, that they have to use their 'get out of exalt free' card, and that is only if they haven't already used it. This also means that if they accidentally did all three children, they are out of luck because it is only one every 45 days.
Just saw the last post (was typing my response before you posted), and that still doesn't really work. This still puts the onus of responsibility on people who should not have have to shoulder that responsibility. After all, what if someone wants their offspring to have three unnamed children, and forget to uncheck that box? Suddenly they have a named offspring, that they have to use their 'get out of exalt free' card, and that is only if they haven't already used it. This also means that if they accidentally did all three children, they are out of luck because it is only one every 45 days.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
[quote name="heirdragonair" date="2018-03-24 10:02:23" ] or u could just, idk, put in a few lines of code that randomly select a name. if u care That Much about lore like, go outside and get a life it's not that serious, buddy. it takes 3 seconds to put in a random number generator for a name attached to exalt that check for "Unnamed" [/quote] I don't quite understand what you are saying. Do you WANT exalts to have randomized names or saying that people who care should randomize the name?
heirdragonair wrote on 2018-03-24 10:02:23:
I don't quite understand what you are saying. Do you WANT exalts to have randomized names or saying that people who care should randomize the name?

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
@jemadar

I'm not intending for it to affect sales or to happen for anyone who may or may not keep the dragons. It certainly will not affect lairs that go inactive --so it's far from an end-all solution. I don't ever randomize my names, personally. I pick themes and go for themes. I also often leave the name i bought it as, if already named.

Also when exalting, it should take no extra time; a computer is randomizing AFTER exalt (unless, per the edit, you check the box to leave unnamed) so people who are exalting for dominance will need to take no extra steps, and no one has randomly named dragons in their things
@jemadar

I'm not intending for it to affect sales or to happen for anyone who may or may not keep the dragons. It certainly will not affect lairs that go inactive --so it's far from an end-all solution. I don't ever randomize my names, personally. I pick themes and go for themes. I also often leave the name i bought it as, if already named.

Also when exalting, it should take no extra time; a computer is randomizing AFTER exalt (unless, per the edit, you check the box to leave unnamed) so people who are exalting for dominance will need to take no extra steps, and no one has randomly named dragons in their things
Orq Art
dwf.png
No support at all. This completely ignores the people that WANT unnamed on their lists. If I exalt unnamed I expect it to stay that way. The same as When I exalt a tripple basic guardian I expect it to be just that when I look back and not a tripple gened imp.

If you are bothered by anything that can happen when ownership of a dragon changes (exaltation, names, genes, breeds, colors, apparel, lore, art) then do not let them out of your hands. If you rather have the money than the dragon the way YOu like it you will have to come to terms with the fact that the playwise of players can be quite differently.
No support at all. This completely ignores the people that WANT unnamed on their lists. If I exalt unnamed I expect it to stay that way. The same as When I exalt a tripple basic guardian I expect it to be just that when I look back and not a tripple gened imp.

If you are bothered by anything that can happen when ownership of a dragon changes (exaltation, names, genes, breeds, colors, apparel, lore, art) then do not let them out of your hands. If you rather have the money than the dragon the way YOu like it you will have to come to terms with the fact that the playwise of players can be quite differently.
1 2 3 4 5