Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Filigree: A New Tertiary Gene
1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 77 78
FINALLY a gene I like....IDEA STAIND GLASS @Undel
xpj2Erm.png
xpj2Erm.png
[quote name="HyruleWarrior8" date="2018-03-23 10:01:37" ] [quote name="Terhothyl" date="2018-03-23 09:55:48" ] Please give us genes that cover the belly. Especially for something like filigree, where the design doesn't inherently need to avoid the false belly. It's really starting to become a glaring omission in FR's gene inventory that only "underbelly" genes even touch that area of the dragon. [/quote] capsule and glimmer would disagree [/quote] @HyruleWarrior8 I believe they mean "underbelly"-like genes. The original poster is probably wishing for genes that cover both the belly [i]and[/i] other parts of the body. Filigree could easily be made to cover parts of the belly/tail instead of being drawn along the lines of the belly in a frustrating way that mirrors Scales. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=114&bodygene=0&breed=8&element=8&gender=0&tert=171&tertgene=15&winggene=0&wings=114&auth=9a94564573fc779474012b47d750d4027b677794&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=114&bodygene=0&breed=8&element=8&gender=0&tert=171&tertgene=21&winggene=0&wings=114&auth=06591dcd6cac8431ba4b5feb06f0a92825299cb2&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
HyruleWarrior8 wrote on 2018-03-23 10:01:37:
Terhothyl wrote on 2018-03-23 09:55:48:
Please give us genes that cover the belly. Especially for something like filigree, where the design doesn't inherently need to avoid the false belly. It's really starting to become a glaring omission in FR's gene inventory that only "underbelly" genes even touch that area of the dragon.
capsule and glimmer would disagree

@HyruleWarrior8

I believe they mean "underbelly"-like genes. The original poster is probably wishing for genes that cover both the belly and other parts of the body.

Filigree could easily be made to cover parts of the belly/tail instead of being drawn along the lines of the belly in a frustrating way that mirrors Scales.

dragon?age=1&body=114&bodygene=0&breed=8&element=8&gender=0&tert=171&tertgene=15&winggene=0&wings=114&auth=9a94564573fc779474012b47d750d4027b677794&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=114&bodygene=0&breed=8&element=8&gender=0&tert=171&tertgene=21&winggene=0&wings=114&auth=06591dcd6cac8431ba4b5feb06f0a92825299cb2&dummyext=prev.png
M7pFA9R.png
tmony
+2 FR
one million tundra dragons
tyEuRXe.pngfLdYOuE.pngT9kSrSy.png
bleh
bleh2 bleh3 StjSAn9.png
b PUBaf.gif
AHHHHHHH!!!
AHHHHHHH!!!
Oooh! I think I'm going to love this new gene!
Oooh! I think I'm going to love this new gene!
177499lightofknowledge2.png
[quote name="Drakenhart" date="2018-03-23 10:19:37" ] [quote name="DeadBattery" date="2018-03-23 07:37:47" ] I'm fairly sure all these dragons were custom-made by admins so they could be used as exalts and previewed on these new pedestals. However, I know Imperial scrolls are KS only items, but will Lightweaver try to make up for the mess she made and try to clean it up with some rare G1 Imperial eggs? There's more and more people coming here who are more enthusiastic about this site than some first players were who are not even here anymore, and some of those newer dedicated peeps would love to get old stuff. Imagine the amount of players this site will get now that open reg is here. I think even the oldest festival things shouldn't retire but have a minimal drop chance in Joxar's spare chests, with the exception of KS items of course, people did pay for those after all. But some different variations wouldn't hurt? Some Imperial eggs would be fantastic, I mean what's the point if some items become unobtainable. [/quote] Understood, I can see the market going insane because of first fest items being a ridiculous amount. >.> However, as an added suggestion - they could run another KS if they wanted to, and I'm sure they'd get a LOT more money in doing so. This would be good for general upgrades as well as paying for employees (and taxes). ;) PLEASE have another KS!!! PLEASE!!! [/quote] I actually must say I agree with the sentiment that another KS would be a pretty good idea. I love this game and its community, and I know I'm far from the only one. I don't buy gems because I don't have much money to throw around, and because the amount I'd get doesn't seem incredibly worth it to me. If I could, I would have backed the KS. But doing another one is an interesting idea. Other projects have done this. For example, Zombicide, a somewhat D&D style board game about surviving as a team in the zombie apocalypse, has run a Kickstarter for every game in the series, including the original. It has had three "seasons", each focusing around a large expansion that can function as its own game as well (this excludes the first game), and has even released a spin-off. I say this all to give an example of success with periodic crowd-funding campaigns. FR has grown tremendously in the last nearly 5 years, and another KS would likely provide a large boost in money while further putting the game out there for new players and hyping the already existing community for more content and growth. It's certainly something I would back. On another note, I regret scrying one of my dragons with Filigree. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=11&bodygene=2&breed=13&element=2&gender=0&tert=42&tertgene=21&winggene=1&wings=18&auth=d16207329cdcbcab567032071c56302817830e86&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Why do I do this to myself?
Drakenhart wrote on 2018-03-23 10:19:37:
DeadBattery wrote on 2018-03-23 07:37:47:
I'm fairly sure all these dragons were custom-made by admins so they could be used as exalts and previewed on these new pedestals.

However, I know Imperial scrolls are KS only items, but will Lightweaver try to make up for the mess she made and try to clean it up with some rare G1 Imperial eggs? There's more and more people coming here who are more enthusiastic about this site than some first players were who are not even here anymore, and some of those newer dedicated peeps would love to get old stuff. Imagine the amount of players this site will get now that open reg is here.
I think even the oldest festival things shouldn't retire but have a minimal drop chance in Joxar's spare chests, with the exception of KS items of course, people did pay for those after all. But some different variations wouldn't hurt? Some Imperial eggs would be fantastic, I mean what's the point if some items become unobtainable.

Understood, I can see the market going insane because of first fest items being a ridiculous amount. >.>

However, as an added suggestion - they could run another KS if they wanted to, and I'm sure they'd get a LOT more money in doing so. This would be good for general upgrades as well as paying for employees (and taxes). ;)

PLEASE have another KS!!! PLEASE!!!

I actually must say I agree with the sentiment that another KS would be a pretty good idea. I love this game and its community, and I know I'm far from the only one. I don't buy gems because I don't have much money to throw around, and because the amount I'd get doesn't seem incredibly worth it to me. If I could, I would have backed the KS. But doing another one is an interesting idea.

Other projects have done this. For example, Zombicide, a somewhat D&D style board game about surviving as a team in the zombie apocalypse, has run a Kickstarter for every game in the series, including the original. It has had three "seasons", each focusing around a large expansion that can function as its own game as well (this excludes the first game), and has even released a spin-off. I say this all to give an example of success with periodic crowd-funding campaigns.

FR has grown tremendously in the last nearly 5 years, and another KS would likely provide a large boost in money while further putting the game out there for new players and hyping the already existing community for more content and growth. It's certainly something I would back.

On another note, I regret scrying one of my dragons with Filigree.

dragon?age=1&body=11&bodygene=2&breed=13&element=2&gender=0&tert=42&tertgene=21&winggene=1&wings=18&auth=d16207329cdcbcab567032071c56302817830e86&dummyext=prev.png

Why do I do this to myself?
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
W E T A N G R Y
W E T A N G R Y
I'm noodlecat on PCE | FR dragon sales thread | I'm eldafr on tumblr93sr.png
OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH
OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH
bUnDBG2.png1331_200px_otter112233_by_miirshroom-dbqpix8.pngekPT4l1.png
holy hell that gene is beautiful
holy hell that gene is beautiful
Ohhh my god I really wish the new gene covered more of the dragon D : It's gorgeous.
Ohhh my god I really wish the new gene covered more of the dragon D : It's gorgeous.
tumblr_inline_ngtnvk1Z1r1rvrguk.pngOPwMQGK.pngbotffbadges_breeze_by_tinygryphon-d9oe78r.png
1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 77 78