Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Bounty of the Elements
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 63 64
yay
I love the idea of bonus gems since I spend my way to much getting more would be nice.
yay
I love the idea of bonus gems since I spend my way to much getting more would be nice.
Welcome to all the new players!

Looking forward to all the new opportunities this brings us ^^
Welcome to all the new players!

Looking forward to all the new opportunities this brings us ^^
HzGpUHb.png
woop woop!
Welcome new players ^^
woop woop!
Welcome new players ^^
P8PTesm.png
Welcome to Flight Rising!

Welcome to Dragonhell!!
Welcome to Flight Rising!

Welcome to Dragonhell!!
lU1KFhR.gif
Kydo
He/Him
FR+4
256-large.png
Do what comes natural~

cauldrontext.png

Why a lot of people that already got the familiar are saying that they hope that it's not the familiar? I mean you got it so why wouldn't that be the familiar?
Why a lot of people that already got the familiar are saying that they hope that it's not the familiar? I mean you got it so why wouldn't that be the familiar?
woooo!! congrats y’all!! :D
woooo!! congrats y’all!! :D
ezgif_1_4788fbd097_by_syrinq-dcenk51.gifpeepers_by_syrinq-dcenjwy.gif
:D Super excited! Great job, you guys.
:D Super excited! Great job, you guys.
tumblr_inline_p7ck57ROwS1u2mdgr_540.pngqesQFkT.gifA small, circular badge. The background image of the badge is a soft, pastel sky with rosy colored clouds. A piece of yellowed parchment and quill pen, along with a silver broadsword, are in the middle of the badge. The words 'Donate Services' are placed above and below the parchment, quill, and sword in the middle.
@sweetnightmare no one received the familiar yet, it goes into your hoard when the event ends.
@sweetnightmare no one received the familiar yet, it goes into your hoard when the event ends.
So, let me get this straight. First they post those cryptic gifs on tumblr, KNOWING that the FR userbase is going to get excited and take it way out of proportion, and expect something SUPER big to happen. Which, indeed, was what took place.

Then, they announce that bounty of the elements is going to happen (AKA, open reg.). Some people are excited, but most (from what I've seen) are very skeptical about it, and feel like it'll only cause trouble.

Today, open reg has started. We were promised a familiar, but apparently we won't be getting it until the end of the event. Which, in my opinion, is a very lazy move.

...And we're expected to be happy?

I just don't understand. Or well, I do understand that open reg is a big deal about all sites. It means there will be more people buying gems, therefore funding the site, which may possibly result in its lifespan growing a lot, which I am very excited about. Flight rising has been one of my only sources of joy, and one of my very few distractions for 3 years now, and I'm grateful I joined. But I feel like a lot of the time (MOST of the time actually), the staff are just not listening. I'm not saying that running a petsite means you should bend over backwards and always follow what your userbase tells you to do, but they're just doing whatever they feel like doing, and they almost never seem to care about the negative feedback they receive. For example, the camping issue. As others have pointed out, I don't understand why it is so important to have such complicated, chaotic looking backgrounds, and recolors of familiars, apparel etc. Bots don't have eyes. So what is the point? Not to mention that sometimes I get FOUR effing camping screens in a ROW. And no, it's not because I miss the dragon. I click the dragon every time, yet the camping continues. If I were a member of the staff team, I would've been adamant about removing, or at least fixing that damn feature.

This is a game. The purpose of a game is to be enjoyable. Its purpose is to help people relax and escape from their problems. I come here to have fun, but I really can't help but feel like there are a lot of problems. And yes, every petsite has issues, that's a fact. But the point is to try and fix them. I still cannot believe that only NOW the report button in the forums was finally fixed, after 5 damn years. Did it really take the staff that long to find a fix to a very essential thing? And we're supposed to be CELEBRATING that it's functional? Hell to the no no no. It should be common sense that a report button should've been functional from the get go. I'm not going to act like the staff are gods and superior beings for finally fixing something that was supposed to already be working.

And finally, I feel like we may face a lot of problems with open reg. I'm not doubting that the moderators are trying, but I'm also not going to ignore that sometimes, they just don't do their job right. Locking threads that didn't contain anything against the rules, being overall unfair and sometimes party poopers. I know how hard it is keeping a forum clean and friendly, but I feel like flight rising is not ready to take on such a big task just yet. It's a known fact that open reg will most definitely mean an influx of immature people, obnoxious underaged kids, bots, troll accounts, etc. And I just don't personally think that the site's ready for that.

Those are just my two cents though.
So, let me get this straight. First they post those cryptic gifs on tumblr, KNOWING that the FR userbase is going to get excited and take it way out of proportion, and expect something SUPER big to happen. Which, indeed, was what took place.

Then, they announce that bounty of the elements is going to happen (AKA, open reg.). Some people are excited, but most (from what I've seen) are very skeptical about it, and feel like it'll only cause trouble.

Today, open reg has started. We were promised a familiar, but apparently we won't be getting it until the end of the event. Which, in my opinion, is a very lazy move.

...And we're expected to be happy?

I just don't understand. Or well, I do understand that open reg is a big deal about all sites. It means there will be more people buying gems, therefore funding the site, which may possibly result in its lifespan growing a lot, which I am very excited about. Flight rising has been one of my only sources of joy, and one of my very few distractions for 3 years now, and I'm grateful I joined. But I feel like a lot of the time (MOST of the time actually), the staff are just not listening. I'm not saying that running a petsite means you should bend over backwards and always follow what your userbase tells you to do, but they're just doing whatever they feel like doing, and they almost never seem to care about the negative feedback they receive. For example, the camping issue. As others have pointed out, I don't understand why it is so important to have such complicated, chaotic looking backgrounds, and recolors of familiars, apparel etc. Bots don't have eyes. So what is the point? Not to mention that sometimes I get FOUR effing camping screens in a ROW. And no, it's not because I miss the dragon. I click the dragon every time, yet the camping continues. If I were a member of the staff team, I would've been adamant about removing, or at least fixing that damn feature.

This is a game. The purpose of a game is to be enjoyable. Its purpose is to help people relax and escape from their problems. I come here to have fun, but I really can't help but feel like there are a lot of problems. And yes, every petsite has issues, that's a fact. But the point is to try and fix them. I still cannot believe that only NOW the report button in the forums was finally fixed, after 5 damn years. Did it really take the staff that long to find a fix to a very essential thing? And we're supposed to be CELEBRATING that it's functional? Hell to the no no no. It should be common sense that a report button should've been functional from the get go. I'm not going to act like the staff are gods and superior beings for finally fixing something that was supposed to already be working.

And finally, I feel like we may face a lot of problems with open reg. I'm not doubting that the moderators are trying, but I'm also not going to ignore that sometimes, they just don't do their job right. Locking threads that didn't contain anything against the rules, being overall unfair and sometimes party poopers. I know how hard it is keeping a forum clean and friendly, but I feel like flight rising is not ready to take on such a big task just yet. It's a known fact that open reg will most definitely mean an influx of immature people, obnoxious underaged kids, bots, troll accounts, etc. And I just don't personally think that the site's ready for that.

Those are just my two cents though.
WBsJuD1.pngiQrvnPv.pngfvfrO0T.pngg2TOb2t.pngzy5WGDV.png
But why people are mentioning something? As if they saw it? @bubbie
But why people are mentioning something? As if they saw it? @bubbie
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 63 64