Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Item to Remove Battlestones
1 2 3
@greyjoy if im giving an aggressive vibe i apologize! i dont mean to sound rude or that im completely right, so sorry if i did <3

i think the topic could be better to bring up then after its finished, but for the time being id also add that perhaps the charge of removing a battle stone could be enough to make people reconsider, such as making it cost 50kt or even 100kt? maybe even gem prices to remove stones?

its just ive played the game for two months, going to the coli everyday, ive collected more eggs than eliminates, my first eliminate drop being today! eliminates make it take so much less time to grind, being at over 3x the power of scratch and having potential to refund breath. i only got my dragons eliminates because my old friend lent me their two dragons with eliminate so that i could grind fodder.

just feels a tad ridiculous to me, but if you dont want to continue the argument, thats definitely okay!
@greyjoy if im giving an aggressive vibe i apologize! i dont mean to sound rude or that im completely right, so sorry if i did <3

i think the topic could be better to bring up then after its finished, but for the time being id also add that perhaps the charge of removing a battle stone could be enough to make people reconsider, such as making it cost 50kt or even 100kt? maybe even gem prices to remove stones?

its just ive played the game for two months, going to the coli everyday, ive collected more eggs than eliminates, my first eliminate drop being today! eliminates make it take so much less time to grind, being at over 3x the power of scratch and having potential to refund breath. i only got my dragons eliminates because my old friend lent me their two dragons with eliminate so that i could grind fodder.

just feels a tad ridiculous to me, but if you dont want to continue the argument, thats definitely okay!
shadow_small.png trans rights
rowan / he / 21
FR +2 / wishlist / naomi quest
trans rights trans
[quote name="rythec" date="2018-03-04 15:46:54" ] greyjoy if im giving an aggressive vibe i apologize! i dont mean to sound rude or that im completely right, so sorry if i did <3 i think the topic could be better to bring up then after its finished, but for the time being id also add that perhaps the charge of removing a battle stone could be enough to make people reconsider, such as making it cost 50kt or even 100kt? maybe even gem prices to remove stones? its just ive played the game for two months, going to the coli everyday, ive collected more eggs than eliminates, my first eliminate drop being today! eliminates make it take so much less time to grind, being at over 3x the power of scratch and having potential to refund breath. i only got my dragons eliminates because my old friend lent me their two dragons with eliminate so that i could grind fodder. just feels a tad ridiculous to me, but if you dont want to continue the argument, thats definitely okay! [/quote] If you got your first eliminate drop today after two months: CONGRATULATIONS! It took me 6+ months to get my first eliminate. I have heard others having it take longer. Sorry, but no support. Even with a screenshot, eliminates are supposed to be rare (look at the star on them) and supposed to be a one use item. Not to mention, though this is an unsupported by the site point, it would kill the lending of level 25s, as if the remover was below the cost of Elim, then unscrupulous users would definitely take advantage. One of the main reasons I don't think eliminate should be really cheap or even much less expensive is that it DOES make it so much easier to grind. This would in turn mean more treasure (through hoard selling the items) and more items being put into the economy. What I do support is adding the eliminates to the Mire and Crystal pools, neither of which drop it at present. This means two areas that are popular to grind, either for fodder or for items, doesn't have a chance to drop the stone. I think that adding it there would see the price reduce somewhat and be much better than making sweeping changes that could really impact a lot of areas of the site.
rythec wrote on 2018-03-04 15:46:54:
greyjoy if im giving an aggressive vibe i apologize! i dont mean to sound rude or that im completely right, so sorry if i did <3

If you got your first eliminate drop today after two months: CONGRATULATIONS! It took me 6+ months to get my first eliminate. I have heard others having it take longer.

Sorry, but no support. Even with a screenshot, eliminates are supposed to be rare (look at the star on them) and supposed to be a one use item.

Not to mention, though this is an unsupported by the site point, it would kill the lending of level 25s, as if the remover was below the cost of Elim, then unscrupulous users would definitely take advantage.

One of the main reasons I don't think eliminate should be really cheap or even much less expensive is that it DOES make it so much easier to grind. This would in turn mean more treasure (through hoard selling the items) and more items being put into the economy.

What I do support is adding the eliminates to the Mire and Crystal pools, neither of which drop it at present. This means two areas that are popular to grind, either for fodder or for items, doesn't have a chance to drop the stone.

I think that adding it there would see the price reduce somewhat and be much better than making sweeping changes that could really impact a lot of areas of the site.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Rythec

Just popping in here before I head off to bed (almost 1am hahaha) I don't think it's worth arguing, really, but don't worry -- you didn't come across as aggressive! I hope I didn't either, I know I can sound a bit flat and offputting sometimes, so I hope I didn't on this occasion! c:
@Rythec

Just popping in here before I head off to bed (almost 1am hahaha) I don't think it's worth arguing, really, but don't worry -- you didn't come across as aggressive! I hope I didn't either, I know I can sound a bit flat and offputting sometimes, so I hope I didn't on this occasion! c:
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
@rythec

The problem with the ability to view battlestones, is that people can go and check and see that the Eliminate is there, and then, the seller will have time to remove it.

The person might not double/triple check. So yeah, still potential for scamming.
@rythec

The problem with the ability to view battlestones, is that people can go and check and see that the Eliminate is there, and then, the seller will have time to remove it.

The person might not double/triple check. So yeah, still potential for scamming.
@sopheroo id say if youre trading a dragon and its currently in a cr, you cant change stones then?
@sopheroo id say if youre trading a dragon and its currently in a cr, you cant change stones then?
shadow_small.png trans rights
rowan / he / 21
FR +2 / wishlist / naomi quest
trans rights trans
@rythec

that still doesn't help, the person trading could easily remove the battlestones just before they setup the CR.

IE, I am buying a dragon, see it has stones, ping the user and make a deal. I check the dragon again just to make sure, and then say okay to the deal.

Between the time the we make the deal, and the time the user actually sets up the CR, I am not likely to check the dragon again. I already double checked it, I feel I can trust the user, so why would I?

Some people are slow at setting up CRs, others might have something come up and can't set up the CR right away (I am often called away from my computer unexpectedly), so it would be very hard to tell whether someone delayed to remove the stones or just life happened. Not to mention if they were planning on doing this, they could probably easily set it up so they just click the remove stone button then set up the CR, meaning no noticable delay on my end.
@rythec

that still doesn't help, the person trading could easily remove the battlestones just before they setup the CR.

IE, I am buying a dragon, see it has stones, ping the user and make a deal. I check the dragon again just to make sure, and then say okay to the deal.

Between the time the we make the deal, and the time the user actually sets up the CR, I am not likely to check the dragon again. I already double checked it, I feel I can trust the user, so why would I?

Some people are slow at setting up CRs, others might have something come up and can't set up the CR right away (I am often called away from my computer unexpectedly), so it would be very hard to tell whether someone delayed to remove the stones or just life happened. Not to mention if they were planning on doing this, they could probably easily set it up so they just click the remove stone button then set up the CR, meaning no noticable delay on my end.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
@Jemadar

This is not quite related to the main topic, but regarding your concern. What if you can only view the dragon's battlestones once it's in the crossroad? Then you can choose to not accept the trade if it doesn't have the battlestone?

And instead of being able to manually unequip battlestones from dragon willy nilly, I'd be up for, say, getting it back if you exalt the dragon. Because most of the time I really want a battlestone back, I'm not trying to scam someone else, I'm just tired of a particular dragon I put battlestones on. This isn't an issue of indecision, just the fact that people's tastes change through time. Though I will admit this still would change the economy as dragons can now be grinded to lvl 25 and then exalted for much more treasures than the typical lvl 8-10.
@Jemadar

This is not quite related to the main topic, but regarding your concern. What if you can only view the dragon's battlestones once it's in the crossroad? Then you can choose to not accept the trade if it doesn't have the battlestone?

And instead of being able to manually unequip battlestones from dragon willy nilly, I'd be up for, say, getting it back if you exalt the dragon. Because most of the time I really want a battlestone back, I'm not trying to scam someone else, I'm just tired of a particular dragon I put battlestones on. This isn't an issue of indecision, just the fact that people's tastes change through time. Though I will admit this still would change the economy as dragons can now be grinded to lvl 25 and then exalted for much more treasures than the typical lvl 8-10.
w8o0xW1.png
[quote name="@Lluvinn" date="2018-03-07 10:43:50" ] @/Jemadar This is not quite related to the main topic, but regarding your concern. What if you can only view the dragon's battlestones once it's in the crossroad? Then you can choose to not accept the trade if it doesn't have the battlestone? And instead of being able to manually unequip battlestones from dragon willy nilly, I'd be up for, say, getting it back if you exalt the dragon. Because most of the time I really want a battlestone back, I'm not trying to scam someone else, I'm just tired of a particular dragon I put battlestones on. This isn't an issue of indecision, just the fact that people's tastes change through time. Though I will admit this still [b]would change the economy as dragons can now be grinded to lvl 25 and then exalted for much more treasures than the typical lvl 8-10.[/b] [/quote] lvl 25s are worth 300,000 treasure and if you exhalted one you would be only given 38,000 treasure. It's also not worth leveling dragons above lvl 9 because of how each level requires much more experience then the one before. Plus, you don't need to stone dragons to level them up, just use 2 lvl 25s to train them in kelp beds; you get all the same experience.
@Lluvinn wrote on 2018-03-07 10:43:50:
@/Jemadar

lvl 25s are worth 300,000 treasure and if you exhalted one you would be only given 38,000 treasure. It's also not worth leveling dragons above lvl 9 because of how each level requires much more experience then the one before. Plus, you don't need to stone dragons to level them up, just use 2 lvl 25s to train them in kelp beds; you get all the same experience.
vCw0cRK.pngB5FQIol.png
@Lluvinn

Even so, that would still require more vigilance from the user buying and once the trade goes through, there is potentially little that can be done. I mean, sure you could probably report the person, and get that account closed down, but it doesn't prevent them from making more accounts and with open reg, they can easily transfer the money/whatever to different accounts.

While you, and I, and probably every single person on this thread wouldn't scam, the sad thing is, there are enough people who would that I don't feel that this is something that would be worth it. The cons, not only for the economy (as this would most likely tank the eliminate economy, which right now IS expensive, but I don't feel that it should go too low simply because of how easily eliminate can pay for itself), but for lending (who would lend a stoned level 25 dragon if you could get it back without a 300,000+ treasure stone? Lending is unsupported, and in this case I don't think the admins would do anything about it), and the potential for scamming others by selling stoned level 25s.
@Lluvinn

Even so, that would still require more vigilance from the user buying and once the trade goes through, there is potentially little that can be done. I mean, sure you could probably report the person, and get that account closed down, but it doesn't prevent them from making more accounts and with open reg, they can easily transfer the money/whatever to different accounts.

While you, and I, and probably every single person on this thread wouldn't scam, the sad thing is, there are enough people who would that I don't feel that this is something that would be worth it. The cons, not only for the economy (as this would most likely tank the eliminate economy, which right now IS expensive, but I don't feel that it should go too low simply because of how easily eliminate can pay for itself), but for lending (who would lend a stoned level 25 dragon if you could get it back without a 300,000+ treasure stone? Lending is unsupported, and in this case I don't think the admins would do anything about it), and the potential for scamming others by selling stoned level 25s.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
@Jemadar

I did not consider the lending of stoned lvl 25 dragons. So I ceed that point to you.

I'm curious what you think about getting the stone back by exalting the dragon? The treasure you get back is worth a lot less than what you would get by selling it, so it's still very much a net loss and thus a treasure sink. It would just not be as big of a sink as it was before.
@Jemadar

I did not consider the lending of stoned lvl 25 dragons. So I ceed that point to you.

I'm curious what you think about getting the stone back by exalting the dragon? The treasure you get back is worth a lot less than what you would get by selling it, so it's still very much a net loss and thus a treasure sink. It would just not be as big of a sink as it was before.
w8o0xW1.png
1 2 3