Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Anyone taking Video Game Art and Design?
I'm in the process of getting my application and portfolio in for this course, and was just wondering what anyone else who is also taking it/took it thought of it? Just trying to get a better idea of it is all

Edit: Any advice or opinions on it would be neat! I'm mainly wondering about the tasks and work we'll have to do I suppose? If that helps any. I can't really compare to other schools or anything, so honestly anything would be appriciated
I'm in the process of getting my application and portfolio in for this course, and was just wondering what anyone else who is also taking it/took it thought of it? Just trying to get a better idea of it is all

Edit: Any advice or opinions on it would be neat! I'm mainly wondering about the tasks and work we'll have to do I suppose? If that helps any. I can't really compare to other schools or anything, so honestly anything would be appriciated
FalYOWW.png
| Tundra
| She/Her
| FR Time +5

| FR Blog
| Art Blog
| DeviantArt
HvCm96W.png
Uhm.... courses aren't the same across schools/countries. What are you trying to get a better idea of, more precisely?
Uhm.... courses aren't the same across schools/countries. What are you trying to get a better idea of, more precisely?
@Aerisnoir Ah yeah you're right, guess I should've been a bit more specific. Honestly any advice or opinion on it would be nice, since I obviously can't compare to other schools/countries. Mainly I suppose I'm wondering what sort of tasks we would have to preform, as I have not visited for a tour yet unfortunately
@Aerisnoir Ah yeah you're right, guess I should've been a bit more specific. Honestly any advice or opinion on it would be nice, since I obviously can't compare to other schools/countries. Mainly I suppose I'm wondering what sort of tasks we would have to preform, as I have not visited for a tour yet unfortunately
FalYOWW.png
| Tundra
| She/Her
| FR Time +5

| FR Blog
| Art Blog
| DeviantArt
HvCm96W.png
I predict basic art classes, but maybe you will also encounter programming, web design. Making projects in small teams of fellow classmates. Maybe analyse other games.

More importantly, what do you want to do after this study? ('Making video games' is too vague an answer) Figure that out, then try and do that in as many projects as possible, & do that more on the side. Build a portfolio.
Go to events, meet people, make friends.
Build a portfolio.

I predict basic art classes, but maybe you will also encounter programming, web design. Making projects in small teams of fellow classmates. Maybe analyse other games.

More importantly, what do you want to do after this study? ('Making video games' is too vague an answer) Figure that out, then try and do that in as many projects as possible, & do that more on the side. Build a portfolio.
Go to events, meet people, make friends.
Build a portfolio.