Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Unforgiving Darkness [Nuzlocke]
1 2
Shortly after Naira left, Butters had turned to go check their stockpile room, in preparation for their trip. He was a little antsy about leaving his clan even for a second, but it didn't matter. Their hunting party would stay home and defend while they were away. So far their food stores looked good, but that could always change. Butters huffed a faint sigh before fluttering away again. So much to do, but so little time to do it in. The next day came, and Butters was awoken by angry hissing outside. Groggily he moved from his nest, heading outside, where the sound was coming from. As he slipped outside, Angsty was there, tending to Naira, who was bleeding somewhere on her face. Butters frills shot up and he moved closer, eyes narrow. "What happened?" Butters demanded, coming to rest beside Angsty as she pressed a piece of fabric to the mirror's face. Angsty glanced over at him, her own frills twitching in agitation. "They came back from a hunting trip like this." She explained, ignoring Naira's pained hisses. The big, fluffy dark tundra sat beside her, his head bowed. His claws tick-tick-tick'ed against the ground impatiently, as Zola was clearly worried about his mentor. "Sunweaver said she got coy, and one of the owlcats they were fighting got a swipe in on her." "Oh and it paid the price," Naira hissed, her claws digging into the stone ground underneath her. Being just outside the clan entrance, the torch lanterns offered harsh light to them. Butters looked over at the green mirror in question, seeming agitated. "I told you to be careful on hunting trips." He told her sternly, "We can't lose you to your own cockiness, get it?" The mirror jerked to look at him, lips curled back to show her teeth. "I do nothing for [i]you[/i]," Naira hissed, "I do it for Zola and myself, and the other two I hunt with. A little creature got a hit in on me, so what? If this scars, it will be a trophy." She snarled when Angsty pushed down on the cut. "Hush now," Angsty told the angry mirror. "This will most definitely scar, and you are quite lucky that it didn't damage your eyes." She remarked, and lightly removed the cloth. The bleeding was slowing, if not stopping entirely. Good. "Be careful next time, for Lightweaver's sake." Butters groaned and headed back inside. What was he going to do with the firey mirror? She was a danger to herself, or at least would be, if she started getting reckless as she was. Now, where had he left off in the stockpile... [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/346654/34665320_350.png[/img] (Was in the Scorched Forest and a veteran's scar dropped! Figured I would write a little to show it off.)
Shortly after Naira left, Butters had turned to go check their stockpile room, in preparation for their trip. He was a little antsy about leaving his clan even for a second, but it didn't matter. Their hunting party would stay home and defend while they were away. So far their food stores looked good, but that could always change. Butters huffed a faint sigh before fluttering away again. So much to do, but so little time to do it in.

The next day came, and Butters was awoken by angry hissing outside. Groggily he moved from his nest, heading outside, where the sound was coming from. As he slipped outside, Angsty was there, tending to Naira, who was bleeding somewhere on her face. Butters frills shot up and he moved closer, eyes narrow.

"What happened?" Butters demanded, coming to rest beside Angsty as she pressed a piece of fabric to the mirror's face. Angsty glanced over at him, her own frills twitching in agitation.

"They came back from a hunting trip like this." She explained, ignoring Naira's pained hisses. The big, fluffy dark tundra sat beside her, his head bowed. His claws tick-tick-tick'ed against the ground impatiently, as Zola was clearly worried about his mentor. "Sunweaver said she got coy, and one of the owlcats they were fighting got a swipe in on her."

"Oh and it paid the price," Naira hissed, her claws digging into the stone ground underneath her. Being just outside the clan entrance, the torch lanterns offered harsh light to them. Butters looked over at the green mirror in question, seeming agitated.

"I told you to be careful on hunting trips." He told her sternly, "We can't lose you to your own cockiness, get it?"

The mirror jerked to look at him, lips curled back to show her teeth. "I do nothing for you," Naira hissed, "I do it for Zola and myself, and the other two I hunt with. A little creature got a hit in on me, so what? If this scars, it will be a trophy." She snarled when Angsty pushed down on the cut.

"Hush now," Angsty told the angry mirror. "This will most definitely scar, and you are quite lucky that it didn't damage your eyes." She remarked, and lightly removed the cloth. The bleeding was slowing, if not stopping entirely. Good.

"Be careful next time, for Lightweaver's sake." Butters groaned and headed back inside. What was he going to do with the firey mirror? She was a danger to herself, or at least would be, if she started getting reckless as she was. Now, where had he left off in the stockpile...

34665320_350.png

(Was in the Scorched Forest and a veteran's scar dropped! Figured I would write a little to show it off.)
u2zRtOB.gif
It was a long hunt, they had been gone for several days. Butters was starting to get worried, constantly sitting up on his perch outside the lair entrance to watch for his three hunters to come home. What if... What if something had happened? What if they wouldn't come home? What if he had just lost three of his clanmates?... Butters was watching still when Angsty fluttered up and landed on the branch beside him, tapping him with the end of her tail. He didn't even look at her, his frills drooping to match his despair for the situation. "You must eat." Angsty told him firmly, handing him a parcel of dried insects. He took them before looking back toward where he had seen his three hunters disappear to. His anxiety was rising steadily, what if he was not cut out for this? What if being a leader was simply going to be too much? He just couldnt make good decisions no matter what he did. Mutely, Butters took a part of the parcel and started to gnaw on it, eyes watching the distance unwaveringly. Angsty continued to sit with him for a while longer before she sighed out a soft breath. "You need to learn to trust in our hunters. They are strong." She told him flatly. Angsty just wasn't good at the whole comforting thing, clearly... She continued to sit with him until he finished his meal, in which she fluttered away and left him alone again. Another day at least had passed, and Butters remained awake, though he was starting to falter. As Butters started to cling to consciousness, he saw figures far in the distance, approaching quickly with the spoils of a successful hunt. His awareness snapped back as he fluttered forward to meet them, this food would last them a while! He could see their spoils as they grew closer, but then he noticed... All three of them, there was something... odd about their hide. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/340116/34011507_350.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/310288/31028713_350.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/346654/34665320_350.png[/img] Each of the three had new patterns adorning their scales... When had that happened? "Butters, we've had quite the haul," Sunweaver stated proudly, dropping one of the sacks down to the ground. "And, along our hunting trip, we woke up on the third night and all of us had new markings on our scales." He remarked, lips curled into a smile. Butters looked over them, Naira was just sitting down a large beast of some sort as she grew closer. Her markings were interesting, a sort of vein-like pattern in different shades of green running across her hide. And then Blade, looking menacing with those slash-like markings. Butters turned back to Sunweaver, clearly relieved. He'd sleep well tonight... As Sunweaver bent his neck to pick up the sack of hunting spoils up, a small, noodle-like thing went crawling up toward his head from the folds of fabric at his wings and shoulders. Butters squinted at it, what on earth--? Was that a Spiral hatchling? "What is that?" Butters demanded, frills twitching. The small creature directed its giant yellow eyes toward him, Sunweaver rumbling in amusement as he noticed the thing there. "This little fella was hiding among some beastclan fish baskets, so we picked him up and brought him home with us. We're good enough at hunting now, one more mouth won't hurt us." Sunweaver insisted, "I take responsibility over making sure he is fed, do not worry, Butters." [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/394247/39424694_350.png[/img] The little spiral's giant eyes were watching the fae as Sunweaver picked up the bag in his teeth and moved away, heading inside with his two companions. Butters felt a headache coming on, oh, good Lightweaver.... What was he going to do with these clanmates of his.... (Congrats to Naira, Sunweaver and Blade hitting level 10! Decided to hatch an egg too, got a few piled up, haha)
It was a long hunt, they had been gone for several days. Butters was starting to get worried, constantly sitting up on his perch outside the lair entrance to watch for his three hunters to come home. What if... What if something had happened? What if they wouldn't come home?

What if he had just lost three of his clanmates?...

Butters was watching still when Angsty fluttered up and landed on the branch beside him, tapping him with the end of her tail. He didn't even look at her, his frills drooping to match his despair for the situation.

"You must eat." Angsty told him firmly, handing him a parcel of dried insects. He took them before looking back toward where he had seen his three hunters disappear to. His anxiety was rising steadily, what if he was not cut out for this? What if being a leader was simply going to be too much? He just couldnt make good decisions no matter what he did. Mutely, Butters took a part of the parcel and started to gnaw on it, eyes watching the distance unwaveringly. Angsty continued to sit with him for a while longer before she sighed out a soft breath.

"You need to learn to trust in our hunters. They are strong." She told him flatly. Angsty just wasn't good at the whole comforting thing, clearly... She continued to sit with him until he finished his meal, in which she fluttered away and left him alone again.

Another day at least had passed, and Butters remained awake, though he was starting to falter. As Butters started to cling to consciousness, he saw figures far in the distance, approaching quickly with the spoils of a successful hunt. His awareness snapped back as he fluttered forward to meet them, this food would last them a while! He could see their spoils as they grew closer, but then he noticed... All three of them, there was something... odd about their hide.

34011507_350.png
31028713_350.png
34665320_350.png

Each of the three had new patterns adorning their scales... When had that happened?

"Butters, we've had quite the haul," Sunweaver stated proudly, dropping one of the sacks down to the ground. "And, along our hunting trip, we woke up on the third night and all of us had new markings on our scales." He remarked, lips curled into a smile. Butters looked over them, Naira was just sitting down a large beast of some sort as she grew closer. Her markings were interesting, a sort of vein-like pattern in different shades of green running across her hide. And then Blade, looking menacing with those slash-like markings. Butters turned back to Sunweaver, clearly relieved. He'd sleep well tonight...

As Sunweaver bent his neck to pick up the sack of hunting spoils up, a small, noodle-like thing went crawling up toward his head from the folds of fabric at his wings and shoulders. Butters squinted at it, what on earth--? Was that a Spiral hatchling?

"What is that?" Butters demanded, frills twitching. The small creature directed its giant yellow eyes toward him, Sunweaver rumbling in amusement as he noticed the thing there.

"This little fella was hiding among some beastclan fish baskets, so we picked him up and brought him home with us. We're good enough at hunting now, one more mouth won't hurt us." Sunweaver insisted, "I take responsibility over making sure he is fed, do not worry, Butters."

39424694_350.png

The little spiral's giant eyes were watching the fae as Sunweaver picked up the bag in his teeth and moved away, heading inside with his two companions. Butters felt a headache coming on, oh, good Lightweaver.... What was he going to do with these clanmates of his....

(Congrats to Naira, Sunweaver and Blade hitting level 10! Decided to hatch an egg too, got a few piled up, haha)
u2zRtOB.gif
1 2