Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Labyrinth: Dark FR RP (IC)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Minerva couldn't help but smile a little at the most likely now inaccessible doorway. The room count had definitely gotten smaller. But not by a whole lot. And overhearing "Gabby" made her lightly chuckle to herself. "That's cute. Gabby. Do you go for adorable names like that a lot?" She was already beginning to become a bit wary of her, even if she didn't entirely known her deal. Maybe she'll be fun to poke at later. But whatever, the Mirror figured. She'd let that slide for now. But more important matters were at hand.

First of all, the number of those who chose this way was noticeably larger. Not that many must have chosen the snakes or whatever might be there. Moreover, she wondered what would lie ahead. If she had Hetca around, she could have her just shoot some floating light ball and "scout" out the area. Same for Atk but with his silly plants. Aw I'm already missing those guys. Especially the big guy. Shaking her head, she idly stared at the other captives here, seeing if she could snoop in a bit on the others.
Minerva couldn't help but smile a little at the most likely now inaccessible doorway. The room count had definitely gotten smaller. But not by a whole lot. And overhearing "Gabby" made her lightly chuckle to herself. "That's cute. Gabby. Do you go for adorable names like that a lot?" She was already beginning to become a bit wary of her, even if she didn't entirely known her deal. Maybe she'll be fun to poke at later. But whatever, the Mirror figured. She'd let that slide for now. But more important matters were at hand.

First of all, the number of those who chose this way was noticeably larger. Not that many must have chosen the snakes or whatever might be there. Moreover, she wondered what would lie ahead. If she had Hetca around, she could have her just shoot some floating light ball and "scout" out the area. Same for Atk but with his silly plants. Aw I'm already missing those guys. Especially the big guy. Shaking her head, she idly stared at the other captives here, seeing if she could snoop in a bit on the others.
tumblr_m1638sFOlM1qd87hlo1_500.gif
[center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/adc6/f/2018/025/f/a/small_contrast_by_jeraruhh-dc14cpw.png[/img][/center] Contrast backed out; how could he have been so stupid? He sprinted to the other doorway; the serpent, and entered quickly. There were fewer that had entered this doorway, it worked better for his chain he supposed. This doorway surely led to some kind of fight... possibly. God, why was he so indecisive? A fae and a skydancer were both talking, he wandered slowly over to them. [i]This[/i], he growled to himself, and whoever looked over the Labyrinth, [i]is not making allies.[/i] "Greetings, fellow... inmates," the skydancer mutters quietly, "It seems we're a much smaller group compared to the rest."
small_contrast_by_jeraruhh-dc14cpw.png

Contrast backed out; how could he have been so stupid? He sprinted to the other doorway; the serpent, and entered quickly. There were fewer that had entered this doorway, it worked better for his chain he supposed. This doorway surely led to some kind of fight... possibly. God, why was he so indecisive?

A fae and a skydancer were both talking, he wandered slowly over to them. This, he growled to himself, and whoever looked over the Labyrinth, is not making allies.

"Greetings, fellow... inmates," the skydancer mutters quietly, "It seems we're a much smaller group compared to the rest."
as_banner_by_jeraruhh-dcnhndl.jpg
Rhoden eyeballed Kraken and Contrast for a moment, before rolling his eyes, already traipsing along ahead. "For what other reason? Snakes are something of a common fauna in the Veridian Labyrinth - and I would rather take the Plague I know than the Plague I don't. Let whatever serpent they hold in here fight me - I have hunted beast and dragon alike far worse." He spoke with his usual snooty tone, muzzle upturned - though his eyes still peered around with a hint of alertness.

It would not do to be caught unawares by the Labyrinth's next surprise, and Rhoden would make sure that he survived to the end... Even if there were a few .. casualties necessary. "A small group does not worry me. Less need to split whatever meals the place deigns to give us."
Rhoden eyeballed Kraken and Contrast for a moment, before rolling his eyes, already traipsing along ahead. "For what other reason? Snakes are something of a common fauna in the Veridian Labyrinth - and I would rather take the Plague I know than the Plague I don't. Let whatever serpent they hold in here fight me - I have hunted beast and dragon alike far worse." He spoke with his usual snooty tone, muzzle upturned - though his eyes still peered around with a hint of alertness.

It would not do to be caught unawares by the Labyrinth's next surprise, and Rhoden would make sure that he survived to the end... Even if there were a few .. casualties necessary. "A small group does not worry me. Less need to split whatever meals the place deigns to give us."
((I'm forgetting who everyone is and having to go back and check, any chance we could state our dragon at the top of out posts? ^^'))
((I'm forgetting who everyone is and having to go back and check, any chance we could state our dragon at the top of out posts? ^^'))
Nicodeme counted the dragons as they passed one doorway or another. 5 to 2, with that pearlcatcher and some of the larger dragons on the hourglass side. On the serpent side there was a blue-eyed fae and a clearly nature skydancer. Small breeds, with elements at a natural deficiency to his own. Manageable.

Of course, element alone would not decide who was like to win a fight, and with such a small number it was more likely he’s end up alone, which he wouldn't mind save for his pesky chain. As the ceilings came close to a close another skydancer darted over to the serpent side. The fae made his choice.

He beat his wings furiously to sent him careening forward only a few meters above the ground, then glided the distance to the serpent archway. Eyes snapped close just before he passed under, gliding blind. His aim held true, however, as he felt himself land squarely upon the folded wing of one of the skydancers. He wasn't sure which.

“Let me sit here for a minute, will ya.” He hissed in undertone to whichever dragon he had landed on, not wanting to completely interrupt their conversation. As a fae his voice came out as a perfect monotone, but he fluttered his crests in a distressed way. To add to the act he started rubbing his face with one hand as if he merely had something in his eyes and would be gone in a moment. He hated doing this, impressing himself on another in such a way, but he tended to find dragons were more likely to agree if you caught them off guard them by asking nicely.

((I’ll let you guys decide whether he’s on Contrast or Rhoden, but I’ll say its most likely Rhoden)
Nicodeme counted the dragons as they passed one doorway or another. 5 to 2, with that pearlcatcher and some of the larger dragons on the hourglass side. On the serpent side there was a blue-eyed fae and a clearly nature skydancer. Small breeds, with elements at a natural deficiency to his own. Manageable.

Of course, element alone would not decide who was like to win a fight, and with such a small number it was more likely he’s end up alone, which he wouldn't mind save for his pesky chain. As the ceilings came close to a close another skydancer darted over to the serpent side. The fae made his choice.

He beat his wings furiously to sent him careening forward only a few meters above the ground, then glided the distance to the serpent archway. Eyes snapped close just before he passed under, gliding blind. His aim held true, however, as he felt himself land squarely upon the folded wing of one of the skydancers. He wasn't sure which.

“Let me sit here for a minute, will ya.” He hissed in undertone to whichever dragon he had landed on, not wanting to completely interrupt their conversation. As a fae his voice came out as a perfect monotone, but he fluttered his crests in a distressed way. To add to the act he started rubbing his face with one hand as if he merely had something in his eyes and would be gone in a moment. He hated doing this, impressing himself on another in such a way, but he tended to find dragons were more likely to agree if you caught them off guard them by asking nicely.

((I’ll let you guys decide whether he’s on Contrast or Rhoden, but I’ll say its most likely Rhoden)
tmmkOjs.png PXWBvNq.png
((Rhoden probably wouldn't be a very comfortable seat, lol. His wings are covered in thorny rose vines/stems.))
((Rhoden probably wouldn't be a very comfortable seat, lol. His wings are covered in thorny rose vines/stems.))
(Guess we'll go with Contrast then lol)

He freezes as the fae lands, shooting him a glare but trying to stay still.

"You're blind? Figured, I saw you leave your cell earlier. Is it your chain?"

He cursed himself silently; he shouldn't be making conversation- if he did his chain could break. What does 'making an alliance' even count as? Surely he can ask a question.
(Guess we'll go with Contrast then lol)

He freezes as the fae lands, shooting him a glare but trying to stay still.

"You're blind? Figured, I saw you leave your cell earlier. Is it your chain?"

He cursed himself silently; he shouldn't be making conversation- if he did his chain could break. What does 'making an alliance' even count as? Surely he can ask a question.
[center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/322003/32200207.png[/img][/center] "Gabriella." Mekhar dipped his head in greeting and lurked comfortably in the dark corridor. He might be a bogsneak, but he had a pretty voice at the very least, all gracious and mellow and gilded with allure. Without missing a beat, he added to his greeting, "By the Mother's gift, I am pleased to have met your acquaintance." His eyes did not skip over the hurt claw she fussed over. He held little fear of the darkness ahead if nothing arose to light their way; the Shade didn't rely on mechanisms like light to feel their path. He had seen his way without eyes for all this time, eyes were of little boost now. And who would see the black little forms writhing across his flesh in the dark? But there'd be no need for [i]that[/i] quite yet, not with watchers.
32200207.png

"Gabriella."

Mekhar dipped his head in greeting and lurked comfortably in the dark corridor. He might be a bogsneak, but he had a pretty voice at the very least, all gracious and mellow and gilded with allure. Without missing a beat, he added to his greeting, "By the Mother's gift, I am pleased to have met your acquaintance." His eyes did not skip over the hurt claw she fussed over.

He held little fear of the darkness ahead if nothing arose to light their way; the Shade didn't rely on mechanisms like light to feel their path. He had seen his way without eyes for all this time, eyes were of little boost now. And who would see the black little forms writhing across his flesh in the dark? But there'd be no need for that quite yet, not with watchers.
MwJo5fF.png
Kraken nodded in approval as more came to the serpent side. Another fae and skydancer. The light on his head bobbed as well, casting odd glow and shadow patterns across the moldy walls. "A blind one?" He asked, his voice unable to betray his surprise. "Well, if you need a description, you're on an unhappy skydancer. There's another skydancer with thorns on his wings. Then there's me, the handsomest fae you never did see." He tossed his head to the side at his own joke.

He did a quick check of their now slightly larger group. Didn't appear the most trustworthy bunch, especially given they were criminals. The fae was okay, the skydancers he was on edge about. "Welp," he said, clapping his hands for effect, "I guess it's time to get out of here. Since I think it's a maze, I say we follow the walls. If you always keep your hand on a wall, you'll find the exit no matter what, given we don't first find a trap. Any other suggestions?"
Kraken nodded in approval as more came to the serpent side. Another fae and skydancer. The light on his head bobbed as well, casting odd glow and shadow patterns across the moldy walls. "A blind one?" He asked, his voice unable to betray his surprise. "Well, if you need a description, you're on an unhappy skydancer. There's another skydancer with thorns on his wings. Then there's me, the handsomest fae you never did see." He tossed his head to the side at his own joke.

He did a quick check of their now slightly larger group. Didn't appear the most trustworthy bunch, especially given they were criminals. The fae was okay, the skydancers he was on edge about. "Welp," he said, clapping his hands for effect, "I guess it's time to get out of here. Since I think it's a maze, I say we follow the walls. If you always keep your hand on a wall, you'll find the exit no matter what, given we don't first find a trap. Any other suggestions?"
Live today. Don’t wait for tomorrow.
sz13nwR.png
untitled_by_someoneanrgything-dbxcqk7.png
[center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34259555] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/342596/34259555.png[/img] [/url] [/center] “Were I truly blind I would have much bigger problems. This condition is quite temporary.” The longer Nikodeme could go without telling the specifics of his chain the better. If they knew he’d be vulnerable every time they entered a bloody room, well, he knew he’d make use of that time in their place. He found himself having started to tense up and forced the muscles to settle. There was nothing he hated more than being left in the dark, unaware and unprotected, but patience would serve him better than fear. “The first room contained a fountain, which gives us reason to believe other rooms may contain resources as well. The more we explore each room the better we may understand the sort of tricks that will be played on us later. Keeping to the walls is all well and good, but I don't want to leave the room until I have an idea why it's a Serpent.”
“Were I truly blind I would have much bigger problems. This condition is quite temporary.” The longer Nikodeme could go without telling the specifics of his chain the better. If they knew he’d be vulnerable every time they entered a bloody room, well, he knew he’d make use of that time in their place. He found himself having started to tense up and forced the muscles to settle. There was nothing he hated more than being left in the dark, unaware and unprotected, but patience would serve him better than fear.

“The first room contained a fountain, which gives us reason to believe other rooms may contain resources as well. The more we explore each room the better we may understand the sort of tricks that will be played on us later. Keeping to the walls is all well and good, but I don't want to leave the room until I have an idea why it's a Serpent.”
tmmkOjs.png PXWBvNq.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8