Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Coliseum Tech Beta
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 54 55
Excited for the mobile testing day. Currently the coli is atrocious on mobile OTL I can't even select my team >>
Excited for the mobile testing day. Currently the coli is atrocious on mobile OTL I can't even select my team >>
7m8ENT7.gif
x x x
Ceremonial Scythe Sharpened Scythe
x x
Wishlist
Sweet!
Sweet!
ampharos.png 20 | any pronouns | about me | accents |
[quote name="Xhaztol" date=2018-01-24 15:27:38][/left] [/quote] I like to imagine that was Xhaztol's mic drop. Super excited to see how the new beta coli tests!!! I'm a software tester Professionally, so I may not do much of it but I definitely will try to help out. Work away from work #ugh, but we definitely want it to work well!!
Xhaztol wrote on 2018-01-24:
[/left]

I like to imagine that was Xhaztol's mic drop.

Super excited to see how the new beta coli tests!!! I'm a software tester Professionally, so I may not do much of it but I definitely will try to help out. Work away from work #ugh, but we definitely want it to work well!!
cPW6H3E.png
[quote]And two: in order to remain fair to players that leave animations on, we needed to make sure abilities all took the same amount of time,[/quote] Correct me if I'm wrong, but what in the world is being made fair here? Even in PvP it doesn't rightly matter how long your opponent takes with their turn, whatever happens will happen. One of the main reasons a lot of players wanted the effects GONE was because it would keep the Coli running smoothly and speed up performance. But it sounds like we'll be waiting the same amount of time for....a fade in and out effect? Why does it have to sit there for X amount of time? I don't understand this decision. Staring at the screen is not engaging, even more so if one chooses to remove the animations for performance sake.
Quote:
And two: in order to remain fair to players that leave animations on, we needed to make sure abilities all took the same amount of time,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what in the world is being made fair here? Even in PvP it doesn't rightly matter how long your opponent takes with their turn, whatever happens will happen.

One of the main reasons a lot of players wanted the effects GONE was because it would keep the Coli running smoothly and speed up performance.

But it sounds like we'll be waiting the same amount of time for....a fade in and out effect? Why does it have to sit there for X amount of time? I don't understand this decision.

Staring at the screen is not engaging, even more so if one chooses to remove the animations for performance sake.

Looking forward to it~ [quote][b]In the new version, each section of the Coliseum refreshes the web page.[/b] This was done for performance/stability reasons. While this may sound like a negative change, it's actually one that you do get used to fairly quickly. One of the most reported issues players submit to us is that the Coliseum stalls out when attempting to load. In the current version, this is because it was having to load everything all at once, and on some internet connections, the process would simply cease. In the new version, you'll only be loading the assets that are important to the feature of the Coliseum you're immediately using.[/quote] I won't lie: it is very good to see this being acknowledged, so thank you for this heads-up. I'm very hopeful that this means the handful of players who have been experiencing persistent connection problems will no longer be affected. It's been tough trying to do coliseum tasks for the past six months following the implementation of the adblock fix so naturally I'm really very hopeful the rewrite solves this particular issue once and for all. ;-; I'll be thrilled if it does!
Looking forward to it~
Quote:
In the new version, each section of the Coliseum refreshes the web page. This was done for performance/stability reasons. While this may sound like a negative change, it's actually one that you do get used to fairly quickly. One of the most reported issues players submit to us is that the Coliseum stalls out when attempting to load. In the current version, this is because it was having to load everything all at once, and on some internet connections, the process would simply cease. In the new version, you'll only be loading the assets that are important to the feature of the Coliseum you're immediately using.
I won't lie: it is very good to see this being acknowledged, so thank you for this heads-up.

I'm very hopeful that this means the handful of players who have been experiencing persistent connection problems will no longer be affected. It's been tough trying to do coliseum tasks for the past six months following the implementation of the adblock fix so naturally I'm really very hopeful the rewrite solves this particular issue once and for all. ;-; I'll be thrilled if it does!
O19lsuX.giftumblr_nm1sm0uXkM1tfzajgo3_r1_75sq.gifo9ICyXp.gif
Sweet! begins hopping around Beta! Beta! Beta!
Sweet! begins hopping around Beta! Beta! Beta!
30oPYgq.png
Holy crow!

Looking forward to giving the beta Coliseum a thorough testing. Got my LV 25 parties ready to rock and roll, and plenty of free time.

Thanks for the update, and for letting the community at large be part of the testing process!
Holy crow!

Looking forward to giving the beta Coliseum a thorough testing. Got my LV 25 parties ready to rock and roll, and plenty of free time.

Thanks for the update, and for letting the community at large be part of the testing process!
Exhausted and severely depressed.
VERY excited to finally test out the coli beta! I have a few different builds of dragons that I'm looking forward to trying out. :0
VERY excited to finally test out the coli beta! I have a few different builds of dragons that I'm looking forward to trying out. :0
AXFBrIx.png
[quote name="thecatsred" date=2018-01-24 15:48:19] [quote]And two: in order to remain fair to players that leave animations on, we needed to make sure abilities all took the same amount of time,[/quote] Correct me if I'm wrong, but what in the world is being made fair here? Even in PvP it doesn't rightly matter how long your opponent takes with their turn, whatever happens will happen. One of the main reasons a lot of players wanted the effects GONE was because it would keep the Coli running smoothly and speed up performance. But it sounds like we'll be waiting the same amount of time for....a fade in and out effect? Why does it have to sit there for X amount of time? I don't understand this decision. Staring at the screen is not engaging, even more so if one chooses to remove the animations for performance sake. [/quote] @thecatsred Simply put: it isn't fair for a person with their visual effects disabled to complete battles faster than someone who opts to leave them on - that puts them at a distinct economic advantage.
thecatsred wrote on 2018-01-24:
Quote:
And two: in order to remain fair to players that leave animations on, we needed to make sure abilities all took the same amount of time,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what in the world is being made fair here? Even in PvP it doesn't rightly matter how long your opponent takes with their turn, whatever happens will happen.

One of the main reasons a lot of players wanted the effects GONE was because it would keep the Coli running smoothly and speed up performance.

But it sounds like we'll be waiting the same amount of time for....a fade in and out effect? Why does it have to sit there for X amount of time? I don't understand this decision.

Staring at the screen is not engaging, even more so if one chooses to remove the animations for performance sake.

@thecatsred

Simply put: it isn't fair for a person with their visual effects disabled to complete battles faster than someone who opts to leave them on - that puts them at a distinct economic advantage.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
It’s time!!! I’m super excited to start testing and I can’t wait to see the new Coli!
It’s time!!! I’m super excited to start testing and I can’t wait to see the new Coli!
h1_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkwo.pngp4_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkvi.png
p2_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkvq.pngh5_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkw2.png
h3_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkwg.pngh6_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkvu.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 54 55